Al-Qaida Failed attempt on Christmas. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Al-Qaida Failed attempt on Christmas.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_airliner_disturbance

WASHINGTON A Northwest Airlines passenger from Nigeria, who said he was acting on al-Qaida's instructions, tried to blow up the plane Friday as it was landing in Detroit, law enforcement and national security officials said.

Passengers subdued the man and may have prevented him from detonating the explosives, the officials said.

"We believe this was an attempted act of terrorism," a White House official said.

Federal officials imposed stricter screening measures after the incident.

Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., ranking GOP member of the House Homeland Security Committee, identified the suspect as Abdul Mudallad, a Nigerian. King said the flight began in Nigeria and went through Amsterdam en route to Detroit. There were 278 passengers aboard the Airbus 330.

There was nothing out of the ordinary until the flight was on final approach to Detroit, said Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Elizabeth Isham Cory. That is when the pilot declared an emergency and landed without incident shortly thereafter, Cory said in an e-mail message. The plane landed at 11:51 a.m. EST.

One of the U.S. intelligence officials said the explosive device was a mix of powder and liquid. It failed when the passenger tried to detonate it.

The passenger was being questioned Friday evening. An intelligence source said the Nigerian passenger was being held and treated in an Ann Arbor, Mich., hospital.

All the sources spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation was continuing.

One law enforcement source said the man claimed to have been instructed by al-Qaida to detonate the plane over U.S. soil.

The official said an official determination of a terrorist act would have to come from the attorney general.

The official added that additional security measures are being taken without raising the airline threat level.

The official declined to describe what additional measures law enforcement was taking.

The White House was coordinating briefings for the president through the Homeland Security Department, the Transportation Security Administration and the FBI.

A law enforcement source said the explosives may have been strapped to the man's body but investigators weren't immediately certain, partly because of the struggle with other passengers.

One passenger from the flight was taken to the University of Michigan Medical Center in Ann Arbor, hospital spokeswoman Tracy Justice said. She didn't know the person's condition, or whether the person was a man or woman. She referred all inquiries to the FBI.

Passenger Syed Jafri, a U.S. citizen who had flown from the United Arab Emirates, said the incident occurred during the plane's descent. Jafri said he was seated three rows behind the passenger and said he saw a glow, and noticed a smoke smell. Then, he said, "a young man behind me jumped on him."

"Next thing you know, there was a lot of panic," he said.

Rich Griffith, a passenger from Pontiac, said he was seated too far in the back to see what had happened. But he said he didn't mind being detained on the plane for several hours. "It's frustrating if you don't want to keep your country safe," he said. "We can't have what's going on everywhere else happening here."

President Barack Obama was notified of the incident and discussed it with security officials, the White House said. It said he is monitoring the situation and receiving regular updates from his vacation spot in Hawaii.

J.P. Karas, 55, of Wyandotte, Mich., said he was driving down a road near the airport and saw a Delta jet at the end of the runway, surrounded by police cars, an ambulance, a bus and some TV trucks.

"I don't ever recall seeing a plane on that runway ever before and I pass by there frequently," he said.

Karas said it was difficult to tell what was going on, but it looked like the front wheel was off the runway.

"We encourage those with future travel plans to stay in touch with their airline and to visit http://www.tsa.gov for updates," Homeland Security Department said in a statement.

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano has been briefed on the incident and is closely monitoring the situation.

The department encouraged travelers to be observant and aware of their surroundings and report any suspicious behavior to law enforcement officials.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 08:50 PM
PAN

They're lucky it didn't blow as he evidently already had it lit. Too close a call, and too lax a vigil being kept.

We have forgotten.
post #3 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 09:48 PM
Lifer

Those passengers shoulda beat him to death!

post #4 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 10:39 PM
IA2

Meanwhile, the TSA continues to hassle middle aged white men, and white men carrying large sums of money, and white women with intrusive searches while they ignore more obvious subjects (ie:nigerians) because they might be accused of "profiling"

<--gets the TSA experience 4 times a month
post #5 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 11:35 PM
Lifer

This guy was on terrorist watch lists supposedly. http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archive...rom_schiph.php The airport he flew from to the US has the body scan machines. http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...276467/1/.html Interesting how he managed to get past the lists and machines.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #6 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 11:38 PM
Lifer

I wonder what type of explosives this fucking idiot managed to smuggle on board the plane?
post #7 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 11:42 PM
Lifer

Expect more. There is always a lesson to be learned in failure unfortunately AQ will learn more from this failed attempt than we (the US) did.

Call it a trial run, again!
post #8 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 02:33 AM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR TINFOIL HAT View Post
This guy was on terrorist watch lists supposedly. http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archive...rom_schiph.php The airport he flew from to the US has the body scan machines. http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...276467/1/.html Interesting how he managed to get past the lists and machines.
All false facts, the PA works. The government knew his plan and disabled the device before he got on the plane. Lol. PA lovers still want this and still ok to giving up more rights?

Denny?
Cj?
Anybody?

post #9 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 07:34 AM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
All false facts, the PA works. The government knew his plan and disabled the device before he got on the plane. Lol. PA lovers still want this and still ok to giving up more rights?

Denny?
Cj?
Anybody?

The PA is an American thing. How does an American thing apply to other countries? How is OUR law supposed to stop him from getting on the plane in Nigeria or Amsterdam?
post #10 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 08:59 AM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
The PA is an American thing. How does an American thing apply to other countries? How is OUR law supposed to stop him from getting on the plane in Nigeria or Amsterdam?
It an American flight it falls under our laws as well as the country it came from. Not to mention we do more illegal spying in other countries, that I am ok with though it doesn't take any of my freedoms away.

post #11 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 10:31 AM
T-MINUS

Not enough Americans have been killed by terrorists or frequently enough for people to remember 9/11.

It'll happen though

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #12 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 03:11 PM
Token Troll

I like how only one person immediately reacted to the situation. How many sheeple were on that plane?

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #13 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 03:21 PM
Bullet Sponge

They didn't want to be called racist
post #14 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 04:35 PM
makin' bacon

Quote:

Denny?
Cj?
Anybody?
Quote:
It an American flight it falls under our laws as well as the country it came from. Not to mention we do more illegal spying in other countries, that I am ok with though it doesn't take any of my freedoms away.
Rofl, look at the troll trying to start arguments by stating bullshit like it is a fact. If you think our Patriot Act dictates anything that customs does at a Nigerian airport, I have some beachfront property in Utah to sell you.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #15 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Father of Nigerian would-be plane bomber warned US

WASHINGTON U.S. government officials tell The Associated Press that the Nigerian man charged with trying to destroy a jetliner came to the attention of U.S. intelligence in November when his father went to the U.S. embassy in Abuja, Nigeria, to express his concerns about his son.

A congressional official said Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, a 23-year-old Nigerian, popped up in U.S. intelligence reports about four weeks ago as having a connection to both al-Qaida and Yemen.

Another government official said Abdulmutallab's father went to the embassy in Abuja with his concerns, but did not have any specific information that would put him on the "no-fly list" or on the list for additional security checks at the airport.

Neither was the information sufficient to revoke his visa to visit the United States. His visa had been granted June 2008 and was valid through June 2010. Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity because neither was authorized to speak to the media.

post #16 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 09:06 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw33 View Post
I wonder what type of explosives this fucking idiot managed to smuggle on board the plane?
Rumor is that he had a bag of pentaerythritol taped to his leg and had a syringe full of nitric and sulfuric acid. When mixed correctly 8 ounces of the stuff would be more than powerful enough to take a plane down. PETN is what we used for RPGs during WW2 and it's the primary explosive used in primacord today.

A bag full of pentaerythritol would look just like cocaine or anthrax btw, no idea how he got it on a plane.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #17 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 10:31 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Rofl, look at the troll trying to start arguments by stating bullshit like it is a fact. If you think our Patriot Act dictates anything that customs does at a Nigerian airport, I have some beachfront property in Utah to sell you.

Stevo
It has failed twice now. Once again they knew he is a target and let him go ahead and try he failed. All flights to or from US soil can have air marshals which are from our country on flight and have 100% authority no matter which country they are in while in the air. He was allowed a visa, fail number1, he was allowed to bring liquids in a plane headed to the states fail number 2. The PA is a joke it isn't doing any better or worse them pre-PA. But we all lost some freedom after it passed.

post #18 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 10:57 PM
Lifer

Quote:
It has failed twice now. Once again they knew he is a target and let him go ahead and try he failed. All flights to or from US soil can have air marshals which are from our country on flight and have 100% authority no matter which country they are in while in the air. He was allowed a visa, fail number1, he was allowed to bring liquids in a plane headed to the states fail number 2. The PA is a joke it isn't doing any better or worse them pre-PA. But we all lost some freedom after it passed.
You forget #3. His father contacted US officials about his sons views and potential threat to America.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #19 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 11:34 PM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:

Stevo
In general I'm a PA supporter, but both of you are right and wrong.

Once I almost did not get on a Frankfurt - DFW flight. It was soon after Sept 11th and I flew from Sarajevo BiH to Frankfurt. American Airlines had some Nazi screening process and when the chick discovered I cam from BiH, she about accused me of being a terrorist. I did not carry orders for that job (government contractor) on purpose and had no proof, other then a CAC card which I think did bail me out.

Problem is I can't remember who she worked for exactly. Anyway, my point is that airlines CAN screen incoming internation flights if they want. I suspect it would need to be taxpayer funded though.

I won't lie though, I was happy it happened but also furious that the bitch gave me such a hard time.

My '03 Sold.
post #20 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 09:37 AM
PAN

Bottom line is that we have yet another failure in security here people.

As MikeB said they need to stop harrassing white people and little old ladies and concentrate a bit more on profiling these fucks. Profiling works and should be used just a tad more, if we really want to stop this type of activity. If, however, we want this type of activity to continue so that we can use it to our advantage in stripping more of the populations freedoms...
post #21 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 09:57 AM
Token Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
Bottom line is that we have yet another failure in security here people.

As MikeB said they need to stop harrassing white people and little old ladies and concentrate a bit more on profiling these fucks. Profiling works and should be used just a tad more, if we really want to stop this type of activity. If, however, we want this type of activity to continue so that we can use it to our advantage in stripping more of the populations freedoms...
What?!? And give up on Political Correctness so we can prove we're not racist/sexist/homophobe/non-radical Islam fear-mongers?

C'mon! We need to feel good before we actually care about safety...

'05 Redfire Mustang

post #22 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 10:50 AM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX View Post
What?!? And give up on Political Correctness so we can prove we're not racist/sexist/homophobe/non-radical Islam fear-mongers?

C'mon! We need to feel good before we actually care about safety...

Maybe we should start with a clear definition of "feel good".

To me "feel good" could be defined as sticking my foot up a terrorists ass en route to slicing his belly open in a freshly cut corn field. No need to kill the bastards in order to communicate displeasure with their stance on attacking the innocents who have NOTHING to do with the policies our out of control government enact.

Not sure I will ever understand what it is about carrying out such a chicken shitted attack on women and children that does it for these cowards.
post #23 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 10:55 AM
duh...duh....duh

I agree with profiling and also paying attention to people acting nervous and such. I'd rather see a higher training/more thorough group at the gates.

We've all heard the stories, here is one I just seen. A buddy gave the gate security people a bit of a hard time. They seperated him for a search. Searched him and found nothing. He had a lighter in his back pocket. To me, we're wasting money/time if they can't even find a lighter on someone they specifically searched. Might as well open the gates up.

My '03 Sold.
post #24 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 01:12 PM
makin' bacon

Quote:
You have still failed to provide anything that states customs agents in NIGERIA have to conform to the American Patriot act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
In general I'm a PA supporter, but both of you are right and wrong.

Once I almost did not get on a Frankfurt - DFW flight. It was soon after Sept 11th and I flew from Sarajevo BiH to Frankfurt. American Airlines had some Nazi screening process and when the chick discovered I cam from BiH, she about accused me of being a terrorist. I did not carry orders for that job (government contractor) on purpose and had no proof, other then a CAC card which I think did bail me out.

Problem is I can't remember who she worked for exactly. Anyway, my point is that airlines CAN screen incoming internation flights if they want. I suspect it would need to be taxpayer funded though.

I won't lie though, I was happy it happened but also furious that the bitch gave me such a hard time.
Frankfurt (Germany I suspect) is a far cry from Nigeria. The PA is only practiced by by customs agents in countries that are friendly to America and also have direct flights to America. If it originates is some jack-hole country like NIGERIA the PA has no control who boards the plane or what they board it with. We also don't control crooked customs agents in those sack of shit countries, so even if they have measures to stop terrorists in those back-woods places, the measures are only as good as the people doing them.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #25 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

post #26 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 03:11 PM
Lifer

Quote:
So....we're handling Nigerian airport security?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #27 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Lifer

He was in a terror database. http://www.heraldtribune.com/article...error-database

post #28 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Lifer

Also this says he boarded the plane with no passport or luggage.http://www.debbieschlussel.com/14303...comment-172306 How do you make it on a plane without a passport? This story is very strange, and just keeps on getting stranger.

post #29 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 03:57 PM
makin' bacon

Quote:

Quote:
The suspect, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, was granted a two-year tourist visa by the U.S. Embassy in London in June 2008 and has traveled to the United States at least twice before, officials said. His name was added to a catch-all terrorism-related database last month, when his father reported concerns about his son's "radicalization and associations" to the U.S. Embassy in Nigeria, a senior administration official said.
He was given the visa a year and a half ago, and was only put in the 'terror database' last month.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #30 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 04:00 PM
Lifer

Quote:
He was given the visa a year and a half ago, and was only put in the 'terror database' last month.

Stevo
Yes, he was fresh in the database. That means he should have been on the radar even more, especially with his father warning us about his son.

post #31 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 05:33 PM
makin' bacon

Quote:
Yes, he was fresh in the database. That means he should have been on the radar even more, especially with his father warning us about his son.
This 'database' that you keep referring to isn't what you think. He wasn't on the actual 'known terrorist list', he wasn't on the 'no fly list'. Those two lists are global lists, the one he was on was an American list.

I'm still curious as to how/why you think the Patriot Act is enforced in foreign countries.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #32 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 10:41 PM
Lifer

Quote:
This 'database' that you keep referring to isn't what you think. He wasn't on the actual 'known terrorist list', he wasn't on the 'no fly list'. Those two lists are global lists, the one he was on was an American list.

I'm still curious as to how/why you think the Patriot Act is enforced in foreign countries.

Stevo
I didn't even mention the PA in this entire thread. I don't know where you got that from because I never said it. His father contacted US officials and warned them so you'd think they would look into when these people on lists are coming into the country.

post #33 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 12:37 AM
makin' bacon

Quote:
I didn't even mention the PA in this entire thread. I don't know where you got that from because I never said it.
I never said you did, but others have in this thread, and I'm still waiting for them to answer. But, after looking at the way I worded my post, I can see how you could assume I did, my mistake there.

Quote:
His father contacted US officials and warned them so you'd think they would look into when these people on lists are coming into the country.
I can't imagine how many reports they get daily from people all around the world, and what it takes to investigate each and every report.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #34 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 07:42 AM
duh...duh....duh

Yeah, I just reported MR TINFOIL HAT. He's not going to like where I told them he is hiding stuff.

I kid.

My '03 Sold.
post #35 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 10:03 AM
Lifer

The system worked people! Well at least Janet Napoliitano thinks it worked. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...-suspect-plane

Wait maybe she thinks it don't work now. Who knows.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
post #36 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 11:20 AM
Lifer

Quote:

I can't imagine how many reports they get daily from people all around the world, and what it takes to investigate each and every report.

Stevo
Well that's what's entailed in the job of keeping us safe. No one said it was easy, but there always seems to be some excuse deemed acceptable when security officials drop the ball. There is no acceptable excuse with all the security screening and technology we have IMO. It's even more pathetic when the father of the suspect gives you a heads up about his sons views, and potential threat to America.

post #37 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
I agree with profiling and also paying attention to people acting nervous and such. I'd rather see a higher training/more thorough group at the gates.

We've all heard the stories, here is one I just seen. A buddy gave the gate security people a bit of a hard time. They seperated him for a search. Searched him and found nothing. He had a lighter in his back pocket. To me, we're wasting money/time if they can't even find a lighter on someone they specifically searched. Might as well open the gates up.
As bizarre as it sounds, lighters and matches are ok.

If you ask me that is fucking hilarious. We have idiots in charge of airline security, that is the biggest problem.

I'm disappointed that the guy who stopped this didn't beat this fuck to death on the plane. I think it sets a bad example for future terrorists. I would have bashed his fucking brains in with whatever I could find or choked him to death. In his Good Morning America interview the guy who stopped the incident did say he was choking him pretty good. I think he stopped too soon.
post #38 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 12:18 PM
makin' bacon

Quote:
Well that's what's entailed in the job of keeping us safe. No one said it was easy, but there always seems to be some excuse deemed acceptable when security officials drop the ball. There is no acceptable excuse with all the security screening and technology we have IMO. It's even more pathetic when the father of the suspect gives you a heads up about his sons views, and potential threat to America.
I'm curious, what do you expect our country to do? March in to Nigeria, and arrest someone based on the word of his father?

Okay, once again, I'll ask it. How can our government enforce rules and laws in another country? We have no jurisdiction in Nigeria, how can we dictate what they do there? How is it Americas fault that someone fucked up in a foreign country?

We can stop them as they enter our country, as they try to step foot on our soil, and force them to leave and not let them enter, but we cannot control what happens at airports else where. People are refused entry hundreds of times a day at airports in America, due to these 'lists' and because of various other reasons, but we cannot stop them from getting on a plane in Nigeria.

Even if it is an American airliner, if it is leaving a foreign airport, the customs agents at that airport are only subject to the rules and laws there, and those laws are only as strong as the people strong as the people in that country that are enforcing them. Regardless of what you think, we cannot dictate what happens or who gets on a plane at an airport in Nigeria.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #39 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I'm curious, what do you expect our country to do? March in to Nigeria, and arrest someone based on the word of his father?

Okay, once again, I'll ask it. How can our government enforce rules and laws in another country? We have no jurisdiction in Nigeria, how can we dictate what they do there? How is it Americas fault that someone fucked up in a foreign country?

We can stop them as they enter our country, as they try to step foot on our soil, and force them to leave and not let them enter, but we cannot control what happens at airports else where. People are refused entry hundreds of times a day at airports in America, due to these 'lists' and because of various other reasons, but we cannot stop them from getting on a plane in Nigeria.

Even if it is an American airliner, if it is leaving a foreign airport, the customs agents at that airport are only subject to the rules and laws there, and those laws are only as strong as the people strong as the people in that country that are enforcing them. Regardless of what you think, we cannot dictate what happens or who gets on a plane at an airport in Nigeria.

Stevo
You don't think we didn't know he had scheduled a flight to America? Our intelligence knew he was attempting to come to America, so how about a call to Nigeria, and then one to Amsterdam. We could at least call those two airports he's going to be at, and ask them to thoroughly search this guy, after all he is on a list. You want to keep making excuses for these failures when there are very simple solutions. I know our intelligence community is busy trying to find reasons to label most Americans terrorists, but really how hard is it at the bare minimum to pick up the phone and call these two airports to inform them of a possible terrorist and ask for a little more thorough search?

post #40 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Lifer

The best thing to do now would be to put him on trial find him guilty and have a public execution.
post #41 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Bullet Sponge

Or, skip the trial, treat him like a terrorist and bathe him in pig's blood and have a woman shoot him, then bury him in a swine farm
post #42 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 03:47 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
Or, skip the trial, treat him like a terrorist and bathe him in pig's blood and have a woman shoot him, then bury him in a swine farm
That's an option too.
post #43 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 04:00 PM
Bullet Sponge

I like to think outside the box
post #44 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 06:09 PM
makin' bacon

Quote:
You don't think we didn't know he had scheduled a flight to America? Our intelligence knew he was attempting to come to America, so how about a call to Nigeria, and then one to Amsterdam.
I am pretty certain 'we' had no idea he was flying anywhere. If you think America has the means to instantly know if some flake drives to an airport in Nigeria, purchases a ticket, then walks 50 feet, then boards an airplane 30 minutes later, you are greatly confused. It isn't like these airlines send a passenger manifest before they take0off, or when in the air, or even as they land. They only know who is on the plane after it lands, and passengers are getting off the plane and walking into customs.

Quote:
We could at least call those two airports he's going to be at, and ask them to thoroughly search this guy, after all he is on a list.
Again, he was not on the 'known terrorist list' or the 'no fly' list, he was on a 'person of interest' list, and that list only applies to America, it isn't circulated worldwide.

Quote:
You want to keep making excuses for these failures when there are very simple solutions.
No one is making excuses, I am simply pointing out that there isn't a means of enforcing American rules on foreign soil, unless we invade said countries and occupy their airports. It isn't going to happen.

Quote:
I know our intelligence community is busy trying to find reasons to label most Americans terrorists, but really how hard is it at the bare minimum to pick up the phone and call these two airports to inform them of a possible terrorist and ask for a little more thorough search?
Again, you assume that American intelligence instantly knows everything happening everywhere around the world, it just isn't so. Passenger manifests are not wired across oceans for the receiving country to scrutinize before airliners take off. We do not label people as a terrorist on the word of a family member. Our spies cannot just appear in a small town in Nigeria asking questions about someone and learn all there is to learn in a day, or a week, or a month.

You need to pull the tin-foil hat off for a bit, and use some common sense.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #45 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 09:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I am pretty certain 'we' had no idea he was flying anywhere. If you think America has the means to instantly know if some flake drives to an airport in Nigeria, purchases a ticket, then walks 50 feet, then boards an airplane 30 minutes later, you are greatly confused. It isn't like these airlines send a passenger manifest before they take0off, or when in the air, or even as they land. They only know who is on the plane after it lands, and passengers are getting off the plane and walking into customs.

Again, he was not on the 'known terrorist list' or the 'no fly' list, he was on a 'person of interest' list, and that list only applies to America, it isn't circulated worldwide.

No one is making excuses, I am simply pointing out that there isn't a means of enforcing American rules on foreign soil, unless we invade said countries and occupy their airports. It isn't going to happen.

Again, you assume that American intelligence instantly knows everything happening everywhere around the world, it just isn't so. Passenger manifests are not wired across oceans for the receiving country to scrutinize before airliners take off. We do not label people as a terrorist on the word of a family member. Our spies cannot just appear in a small town in Nigeria asking questions about someone and learn all there is to learn in a day, or a week, or a month.

You need to pull the tin-foil hat off for a bit, and use some common sense.

Stevo
You're right, there's no way possible they could have seen this coming, and I just expect too much from the intelligence community.

post #46 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Lifer

Check out this video of Webster Tarpley talking about this fiasco. http://rt.com/Politics/2009-12-29/de...-act-fake.html

post #47 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 11:18 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Check out this video of Webster Tarpley talking about this fiasco. http://rt.com/Politics/2009-12-29/de...-act-fake.html
So your saying that this administration made this shit up just to make themselves look like a bunch of dumb asses.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
post #48 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67camino View Post
So your saying that this administration made this shit up just to make themselves look like a bunch of dumb asses.
No, I'm just posting a video of Webster Tarpley. I don't know what the fuck is going on with this mess.

post #49 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Token Troll

FFS...are we going to have underwear searches now? We already have to take our shoes off because of the one attempt.

'05 Redfire Mustang

post #50 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 12:08 PM
Lifer

Supposedly these are the new TSA rules. http://gizmodo.com/5435188/official-...nderpants-bomb

Sponsored Links
Advertisement