Do words matter to Obama or not? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Do words matter to Obama or not?

So Obama claimed that "words matter" several times during the campaiign and they have continuously made statements and then backtracked and claimed words don't matter. Apparently Howard Dean wants the new health care bill to include a public option, abortion paid for by taxpayers, and many other "progressive" agenda items. David Axelrod called that idea to kill the current bil "insane" and now is trying to backtrack from his use of the word. The far left progressives are totally pissed off now and they have alienated the conservatives and the far left.

How did you who voted for Obama let these amateurs in the WH? Our country is going straight to hell!

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/....html?wprss=44

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 06:35 PM
Time Served

Cult Of Personality....

post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 06:59 PM
Lifer

They all talk a good game and don't back it up, that's typical for Bank whores.
I don't blame the voters they fell for propaganda, it can happen to anyone. The left right argument will always keep this country divided if we continue to believe in it. Both sides have let us down and everyone should be able to see that. Our best interest is the last thing on our elected officials minds. We need everyone to stand together and set the BS differences aside if we want to throw the corruption out of our government. Even if Obama didn't win the election, electronic voting machines can be tampered with, and then the fraudulent results would say he won if that's who the bankers want in office. Votes don't matter when they can be changed electronically. Here's a link to fraudulent voter machine info since I know you won't believe my crazy talk. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/9/9/165047/866 Throw out the FED, and completely clean house in Washington, until that happens we will remain in this hell you mention.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

How about we start with something simple, like term limits for Congress? I am coming on board with all this tea party and "throw out the government" stuff but I still think things can change witout such extremsim.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 08:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
How about we start with something simple, like term limits for Congress? I am coming on board with all this tea party and "throw out the government" stuff but I still think things can change witout such extremsim.
i hear ya but time is running out.we could be living in a whole different enviroment in 24 hours.

if people don't revert back to the constitution we are fucked.it will only get worse in this country.what scares me is that no "major" changes will be done over night.the master plan is drawn out over along period of time and will be exicuted that way as to not have another revolution.

just inagine a "world" revolution against all forms of goverment.it could happen if any major changes are exicuted to fast.

climate change/cap and trade is another shift.'

imagine if we had 911/patriot act/climate change/etc all hit at the same time.people would revolt in massive numbers.thats the last thing any kruked goverment would want.they figure slowly,we'll all take the bait.and they figured correctly.

RON PAUL '08
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Rockin' da fumanchu

Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Quote:
So Obama claimed that "words matter" several times during the campaiign and they have continuously made statements and then backtracked and claimed words don't matter. Apparently Howard Dean wants the new health care bill to include a public option, abortion paid for by taxpayers, and many other "progressive" agenda items. David Axelrod called that idea to kill the current bil "insane" and now is trying to backtrack from his use of the word. The far left progressives are totally pissed off now and they have alienated the conservatives and the far left.

How did you who voted for Obama let these amateurs in the WH? Our country is going straight to hell!

Where's that one obummer apologist that used to post, the one in some band, he could answer your question

Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 10:26 PM
Lifer

Quote:
How about we start with something simple, like term limits for Congress? I am coming on board with all this tea party and "throw out the government" stuff but I still think things can change witout such extremism.
That would be a great start also with the term limits. I'm glad you're coming on board with the tea party stuff, because we really need Leo's like yourself to help people understand. It's one thing for someone like me on the extreme side of anti government stance to say things, but when someone in a position of power like yourself can help bring understanding to the average person it has far better results, and people are more likely to believe you over average Joe saying it.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 10:42 PM
Lifer

yep,props to paladin!

you just can't make this stuff up.

RON PAUL '08
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 11:16 PM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Redneck View Post
Where's that one obummer apologist that used to post, the one in some band, he could answer your question
gpamp?
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 11:21 PM
duh...duh....duh

I think term limits would certainly be a plus.

My '03 Sold.
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 11:34 PM
Rockin' da fumanchu

Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
gpamp?
That's him. Huggies boi.

Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 11:49 PM
makin' bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR TINFOIL HAT View Post
I don't blame the voters they fell for propaganda.
I do.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 12:37 AM
Banned

I'm not against abortion, but tax payers should not pay for somebody else's decision. It's not like being pregnant is an injury. It's a choice. If you choose to abort...you choose to pay. It's the only logical decision.
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 08:05 AM
Lifer

Quote:

You know that NOBODY on this board voted for Obama, right?

Oh, yee of little faith! For months us older guys spoke of the horrors of Jimma Carter. We took our ass-whippings from some on here that called us racists', bigots, and "religious right". The generation of voters that voted this ass-clown into office, weren't around when Carter blessed us with his "abortion-of-a-presidency".
As bad as I thought Barry would be, I was not prepared for what has taken place. For the first time in my life, a POTUS truly scares me, and I've been around for several. As bad as Carter was, he didn't "scare" me. He infuriated me and embarassed me as an American at times, but I never feared what he might do.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 08:26 AM
Lifer

NOTHING that was promised in his campaign has come true. Well unless you count the abomonation of a healthcare bill they are still trying to get through. What about "transperancy" and "no more lobbiest"? Yet they constantly decide on bills behind closed doors and are still riddled with lobbiest.

Its obvious he is shooting for only 1 term and doesnt care about his votes in the next election. By the time that rolls around our constitution will be worthless. Scarey? Thats an understatement.
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 08:50 AM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
I'm not against abortion, but tax payers should not pay for somebody else's decision. It's not like being pregnant is an injury. It's a choice. If you choose to abort...you choose to pay. It's the only logical decision.
I'm pro-choice and pro-life. IMHO, after a certain age (25 or so easily) you should be plenty smart and mature to know what to do and not to do. This is for the oopsies....

Then there is the rapes, and times when it maybe known the kid(s) are going to have a horrible life - if any at all. At this point I think the parents should have a choice. With my twins, I honestly don't think I could've brought myself to abort them if they were jacked up in the womb.

When I was young and if a girl got pregnant though, it would've been an easy call for me back then.

Either way, I'd never expect the taxpayers to foot the bill.

My '03 Sold.
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 09:00 AM
WRECKIN' BALL BITCHES!

Location: listening to the box of excuses why fourteen3s million dollar car wont run a number...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
I do.

Stevo
same here. especially the ones who voted strictly for his color and had no clue of who his running mate was even...ignorance at its finest

resident heater core/ring&pinion installer
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 09:22 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast83 View Post
i hear ya but time is running out.we could be living in a whole different enviroment in 24 hours.

if people don't revert back to the constitution we are fucked.it will only get worse in this country.what scares me is that no "major" changes will be done over night.the master plan is drawn out over along period of time and will be exicuted that way as to not have another revolution.

just inagine a "world" revolution against all forms of goverment.it could happen if any major changes are exicuted to fast.

climate change/cap and trade is another shift.'

imagine if we had 911/patriot act/climate change/etc all hit at the same time.people would revolt in massive numbers.thats the last thing any kruked goverment would want.they figure slowly,we'll all take the bait.and they figured correctly.
I agree that no "major" changes will happen overnight, but as of recent they seem to all be happening over the weekends! It amazes me that more people don't truly pay attention to what goes on in Washington just because it's the weekend, and the current "elected" officials have finally figured this out. If we want our country back in control of the people, it's going to be a 24/7 battle!

Mike Huntzinger
Sales Mgr
[email protected]
817-849-3221
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 11:47 AM
Lifer

You know, I think we need to start pushing back. These asshats are, without question stomping all over the constitution. We need to start calling for their arrest.

No really, start pushing the judicial branch of the government, and push them relentlessly to do there job, by prosecuting these dirt bags that are actively working against the constitution.

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 11:57 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Dems pass this bullshit bill through this weekend. Who's with me? Hopefully someone on the democratic side will have the stones to vote no. Especially when not many of them have even seen the bill.

Mitch McConnell just said they're going to vote 1am on Monday.

post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Yeah I want term limits as well, but how are we to get that when they are the ones who will have to say that it's going to be done? In such cases, extremism is the only thing that's going to work. Sad, but true.

To reply to the thread title, yeah words matter to him, but only when they are used to lie. They don't matter when he has to eat them, or backpedal or go back on his empty promises.

Last edited by justinsn95; 12-19-2009 at 12:07 PM.
post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
Yeah I want term limits as well, but how are we to get that when they are the ones who will have to say that it's going to be done? In such cases, extremism is the only thing that's going to work. Sad, but true.
I agree with that. Term limits are an example of a hundred things that would make govt less corrupt but it wont ever happen. Along with bringing them up on charges. Its already been proven (the whole birth certficate ordeal) that WH officials cant be touched. Something extreme needs to happen to put the fear of the people back into our leaders. I never see it happening though. As much as I love this country, its people have become lazy and obediant.
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Canada is welcome here.

I have faith that when they go trying to change people's lifestyles that it'll bite them in the ass. Other then that yeah nothing will change.
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 09:36 AM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
I have faith that when they go trying to change people's lifestyles that it'll bite them in the ass. Other then that yeah nothing will change.

I don't at all. Our way of life has been continually changed over the course of the last couple decades in more ways than you can count. Seriously, think back over how many new laws have been passed. Remember when kids didn't get arrested at school, but got spankings instead? Changed. Remember when trucks had gun racks in the back window? Changed. You could go on and on in this vein...

Unfortunately nothing is ever going to happen in terms of restricting this government as there are simply too many people who work for it, too many people dependent upon it for their monthly checks, too many people who have no time and are unwilling to risk everything to exact the much needed change. Think about it for a second: The fight against the government starts next week and you need to get your ass to the front. How long can you take off work before your family begins to starve and the utilities get shut off? What happens to your family if you are killed or if the boogy monster shows up while you're away?

Not a damned thing is going to happen, aside from us continuing to capitulate to this monstrosity of an entity...
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 10:26 AM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
Think about it for a second: The fight against the government starts next week and you need to get your ass to the front. How long can you take off work before your family begins to starve and the utilities get shut off? What happens to your family if you are killed or if the boogy monster shows up while you're away?
Excelling post, this is reality. I was wondering when someone would figure it out as opposed to a lot of folks just talking shit one day.

The single folk may have a different outlook and that's great. Those of us with a wife and kid or two, well - I gotta keep mine alive and content.

Edit: Does not mean we can't do anything about it. I'm just not going to load up my guns and head to washington/austin.

My '03 Sold.
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR TINFOIL HAT View Post
That would be a great start also with the term limits. I'm glad you're coming on board with the tea party stuff, because we really need Leo's like yourself to help people understand. It's one thing for someone like me on the extreme side of anti government stance to say things, but when someone in a position of power like yourself can help bring understanding to the average person it has far better results, and people are more likely to believe you over average Joe saying it.
I am completely unhappy with Republicans and Democrats. It is my opinion that Republicans will either go to the core conservative values I hoep they do, or there will be a third party start up and win a few seats in Congress while the Dems remain in power for quite some time.

This is the Republicans chance to put up truly conservative candidates or have their party shattered into slivers of smaller groups that will never be able to compete against the Dems. The Dems will vote for anyone who has a "D" by their name, so it is up to the republicans IMO to change or die.

I would glady vote for a RP type candiate who has a serious and common sense foreign policy (RP's is not serious and common sense) and is not a kook.

Fred Thompson, Sarah Palin, and maybe Huckabee are in consideration as of today. I hope more become available before '12.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast83 View Post
yep,props to paladin!

you just can't make this stuff up.
Thanks, I am quickly getting my fill of this crap Obama is doing. I hope the Republican figure out what we want. I still think the Republicans are the quickest way for change to happen.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
It makes sense to you and me (someone who is against abortion) so why is it so hard for the far left to see it?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 10:12 AM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
I am completely unhappy with Republicans and Democrats. It is my opinion that Republicans will either go to the core conservative values I hoep they do, or there will be a third party start up and win a few seats in Congress while the Dems remain in power for quite some time.

This is the Republicans chance to put up truly conservative candidates or have their party shattered into slivers of smaller groups that will never be able to compete against the Dems. The Dems will vote for anyone who has a "D" by their name, so it is up to the republicans IMO to change or die.

I would glady vote for a RP type candiate who has a serious and common sense foreign policy (RP's is not serious and common sense) and is not a kook.

Fred Thompson, Sarah Palin, and maybe Huckabee are in consideration as of today. I hope more become available before '12.
Lol those are your choices? There isn't a true rep running that you will vote for, not sure how rp son will be since he hasn't had a chance to do anything yet, but rp is the last true rep left. All you have are reglious nut rep and the moderate rep.

post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Lol those are your choices? There isn't a true rep running that you will vote for, not sure how rp son will be since he hasn't had a chance to do anything yet, but rp is the last true rep left. All you have are reglious nut rep and the moderate rep.
If RP is the only true Republoican then I will be voting for a conservative party candidate.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 04:07 PM
Lifer

Quote:
If RP is the only true Republoican then I will be voting for a conservative party candidate.
Please refer to my "Ron Paul nutswinger's" thread. The guy is a foreign-policy nightmare waiting to happen.

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Please refer to my "Ron Paul nutswinger's" thread. The guy is a foreign-policy nightmare waiting to happen.
Thanks, I found it and replied to it.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Lifer

Yup...his foreign policy is unrealistic and is what keeps him from being taken seriously.
post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 06:18 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
for the beliefs you claim to have, he is the only one listed that has them all, you clearly lean harder to the religious rep party than the old school. it are those like you that have destroyed the rep party and might have done so much harm that we won't be able to fix it.

post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 06:21 PM
Lifer

Quote:
for the beliefs you claim to have, he is the only one listed that has them all, you clearly lean harder to the religious rep party than the old school. it are those like you that have destroyed the rep party and might have done so much harm that we won't be able to fix it.
Can you say "conservative"? If Ron Paul is the only "republican", then it's time for the party to piss on the fire and call the dogs in...the hunt is over!

post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 06:31 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Can you say "conservative"? If Ron Paul is the only "republican", then it's time for the party to piss on the fire and call the dogs in...the hunt is over!
rep used to stand for small government and more freedoms, it even allowed religion in school. new look rep want big government and less freedoms and want government and religion mixed as one following the christian faith, in a country that is maybe at best 65% christian. it is a scary thought when the man in control says god told him to do this or that, might be true but don't tell that, just tell me it is your judgement as best as you can make at this time. the new look are so much closer to the lib side with the wanting big brother bigger that it is hard to tell who you are voting for.

post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 06:37 PM
Lifer

Quote:
rep used to stand for small government and more freedoms, it even allowed religion in school. new look rep want big government and less freedoms and want government and religion mixed as one following the christian faith, in a country that is maybe at best 65% christian. it is a scary thought when the man in control says god told him to do this or that, might be true but don't tell that, just tell me it is your judgement as best as you can make at this time. the new look are so much closer to the lib side with the wanting big brother bigger that it is hard to tell who you are voting for.
The 2009 poll shows a 76% christian populace in the US, but why would facts bother you at all? You need to stop now before you lose any thread of credibility you might still have.

post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
You are not part of the fix for anything dude, you are part of the problem in this country.

Please find my religious posts where you get this claim I am part of the religious right, I dare you! I would assume you will be looking in the theolgoy forum, I wish you luck!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
If you are anti-Bush, good for you. Unless you have been in hiding there is a trend towards conservatism in the Republican party. I hated it that McCain was a RINO and the only other viable choice besides Obama. I would never vote for Obama or any other liberal, but McCain would have been a much better choice than Obama, right?

I am a Bush supporter but know he could have done much better on our borders, foreign policy, and many other areas. He was far and away better than either of his opponents though.

I think your anger at RP not being taken seriously is bothering you to the point of blindness. Imagine if I came on here and pined for Thompson like you pine for RP. You and others would legitimately call me an idiot.

I want truly conservative candidates. I do not want RP with his foreign policy and economic idiocy.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

Sponsored Links
Advertisement