obama going to except the NOBEL PEECE PRIZE tonight - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

obama going to except the NOBEL PEECE PRIZE tonight

wasn't he picked for this like 2 weeks into his presidency?

the NPP commitee gave him an A on tasks he hasn't even done yet,but they are sure he will still get the grade when he completes them,says CNN.

THAT IS PURE HORSE SHIT!

the guy has FAILED at every fucking thing he has touched.

hey Obama,

RON PAUL '08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 06:42 PM
DERP DERP DERP

Speaking of fail, it's accept.

post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Pilgrim

lol

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Scared s**tless

LOL PEECE? Seriously?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GT50 View Post
Speaking of fail, it's accept.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
LOL PEECE? Seriously?!?
Speaking of fail, I think he's being facetious.

post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 07:17 PM
Rolling the one fiddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
LOL PEECE? Seriously?!?
Like a heart attack!
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Banned

send 30k troops to fight in wars

get peace price
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Bullet Sponge

I'm stoned off my ass on meds and I'm even seeing something wrong with the spelling
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast83 View Post
the guy has FAILED at every fucking thing he has touched.

Accept the election. Apparently you're at peece with that.

post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 07:50 PM
DERP DERP DERP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
Speaking of fail, I think he's being facetious.
How dare you use big words, and confuse 95% of the people on here!

post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Bullet Sponge

In this Dec. 1 photo, President Barack Obama speaks about the war in Afghanistan at the US Military Academy at West Point, N.Y.
(Charles Dharapak/AP)
Enlarge

Photos (1 of 1)
What can Nobel winner and war president Obama say about peace?

President Obama is headed to Oslo to receive his Nobel Peace Prize. It's an awkward moment. Not only is he sending more troops to Afghanistan, but most Americans don’t think he deserves the award, a poll suggests.
By Linda Feldmann | Staff writer/ December 9, 2009 edition

* Print this
* Buzz up!
* Email and share
* Republish
* Get e-mail alerts
* RSS

Washington

President Obama’s Nobel Peace Prize episode is almost over. Wednesday night, he will board Air Force One and fly overnight to Oslo, give a speech at the award banquet, and fly home Friday. No press conference, no sticking around for the gala concert in his honor Friday night.

Obama does have a lot on his plate, and it hardly makes sense for him to spend much time in Norway. But his quick in-and-out, low-key approach also reflects the awkward nature of his surprise award, announced in October as he was beginning his review of war policy in Afghanistan and now received on the heels of his decision to launch a surge in the US military presence there.

The irony is not lost on the White House. And Mr. Obama, in his speech, will note head-on the fact that he is receiving the Peace Prize as a war president.

“The president will address the notion that last week he authorized a 30,000-person increase in our commitment to Afghanistan and this week accepts a prize for peace,” press secretary Robert Gibbs said Wednesday.

Obama’s place

Obama “will also recognize that he doesn’t belong in the same discussion as [Nelson] Mandela and Mother Teresa, but I think what the president is proud of is the steps that this administration has taken to reengage the world,” Mr. Gibbs added.

In its statement awarding the Peace Prize to Obama on Oct. 9, the Nobel committee applauded the president for creating “a new climate in international politics,” including emphasis on the role of the United Nations and other international institutions. The committee also cited Obama’s “vision of a world free from nuclear arms” and the US’s stepped-up role on climate change. Obama will head back to Scandinavia next week for the climate change conference in Copenhagen.

“His strength is that he views international relations as a cooperative and hopefully collegial series of relations, and that the change from the neocons and from the Bush administration is that, we’re not here to tell you what to do, we’re here to talk to you about what we all should do,” says Peter Fenn, a Democratic communications strategist.

Protests expected

Still, Obama can expect antiwar and environmental protests even before he lands. Greenpeace activists have laid out a message – “Obama: our climate, your decision” – in giant letters near the airport in Oslo that they hope he will see as he lands, according to the Associated Press. On the sidewalk near his hotel, he will face more slogans, such as, “You won it, now earn it.”

Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch have called on Obama to use his acceptance speech to speak out on human rights, which they say he has soft-pedaled since becoming president.

The American people also remain unimpressed by Obama’s Peace Prize. A poll conducted by Quinnipiac University in Hamden, Conn., released Tuesday finds that only 26 percent of voters believe he deserves the Nobel Prize, while 66 percent believe he does not. On the plus side for Obama, he gained 9 points in public support for the Afghanistan war over the past month. Now, 57 percent of US voters say fighting the war is the right thing to do.

—–
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

The funny thing is that he signed a bill to continue the building of the worlds largest bomb as soon as he came into office. Bush started the bomb but Obama signed the bill to finish it. Tell me some strings werent getting pulled...
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Bullet Sponge

I'd like to see the article on this "bomb". We already have enough firepower to destroy the world hundreds of times over and Barry shut down our missile defense shield. I doubt he'd sign to continue to fund building ammunition.
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 09:57 PM
PAN

LOL

Nobel peace prize: Norwegians incensed over Barack Obama's snubs

Nobel peace prize: Norwegians incensed over Barack Obama's snubsBuzz up!
Digg it
Gwladys Fouché and Ewen MacAskill guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 9 December 2009 20.00 GMT Article history
Barack Obama has turned down a lunch invitation from the King of Norway. Photograph: Win McNamee/Getty

Barack Obama's trip to Oslo to pick up his Nobel peace award is in danger of being overshadowed by a row over the cancellation of a series of events normally attended by the prizewinner.

Norwegians are incensed over what they view as his shabby response to the prize by cutting short his visit.

The White House has cancelled many of the events peace prize laureates traditionally submit to, including a dinner with the Norwegian Nobel committee, a press conference, a television interview, appearances at a children's event promoting peace and a music concert, as well as a visit to an exhibition in his honour at the Nobel peace centre.

He has also turned down a lunch invitation from the King of Norway.

According to a poll published by the daily tabloid VG, 44% of Norwegians believe it was rude of Obama to cancel his scheduled lunch with King Harald, with only 34% saying they believe it was acceptable.

"Of all the things he is cancelling, I think the worst is cancelling the lunch with the king," said Siv Jensen, the leader of the largest party in opposition, the populist Progress party. "This is a central part of our government system. He should respect the monarchy," she told VG.

The Norwegian Nobel committee, which awards the peace prize, dismissed the criticism. "We always knew that there were too many events in the programme. Obama has to govern the US and we were told early on that he could not commit to all of them," said Geir Lundestad, secretary of the committee.

Although Obama will not lunch with King Harald, he will see him on a visit to the royal palace.

Peace activists opposed to the Afghanistan war are planning a 5,000-strong protest in Oslo.

The visit will test Obama's rhetorical skills as he seeks to reconcile acceptance of the Nobel peace prize with sending an extra 30,000 US troops to Afghanistan.

White House officials said that Obama, who was planning to work on the final draft of his speech on his flight from Washington to Oslo, would directly address the issue of the irony of being awarded the peace prize while escalating the war.

The Nobel peace committee has been criticised for awarding Obama the prize before he has any major accomplishments in international relations.

A White House official said that it was not necessarily an award that Obama would have given himself.
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

im sure i had some slips on the spelling,i was pissed.

back on topic

the guy doesn't deserve shit.

RON PAUL '08
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 03:48 AM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
Barry shut down our missile defense shield.
He did what? Isn't that treason?
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Bullet Sponge

He did that as soon as he got into office.
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Lifer

I for one am proud that a seating U.S. President has been awarded the Nobel Peace Price.
It has been way to long, over 90 years. In my personal opinion he was awarded the price not on actual doings or actions but on the notion of hope for peace. Sometimes that is all we have as society, hope.
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 07:42 PM
Racist....that means you!

Can a nigga get a peece prize?
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 564826 View Post
i for one am proud that a seating u.s. President has been awarded the nobel peace price.
It has been way to long, over 90 years. In my personal opinion he was awarded the price not on actual doings or actions but on the notion of hope for peace. Sometimes that is all we have as society, hope.
stfu
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I for one am proud that a seating U.S. President has been awarded the Nobel Peace Price.
I hope you're joking?

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Racist....that means you!

Quote:
Why didn't Reagan get it for the end of the cold war?
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Can a nigga get a peece prize?
or a watermelon?

nigga pleeeeeze

RON PAUL '08
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Bullet Sponge

Hell, or Bush get it for taking out Sadam?
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Why didn't Reagan get it for the end of the cold war?
Good question!
That is why I am proud that one of our Presidents was awarded the Price, we as a Nation have bleed way too much for other nations
miss doings, have led the way for world prosperity. We toppled President Saddam Hussein and bankrupted Russia, putting an end to the Cold War. Just to name a few. "In no particular order" That is why I feel it is about [email protected] time that one of our leaders was recognized. He might not be the perfect President but he is MY President.

Last edited by 564826; 12-10-2009 at 11:30 PM.
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 11:22 PM
Lifer

Here are the presidents that received it...3 libs and 1 conservative. My guess is conservatives are looked upon as war-mongers and wont receive this prize.
  1. Theodore Roosevelt (1905)
  2. Woodrow Wilson (1919)
  3. Jimmy Carter Jr (2002)
  4. Barack Obama (2009)
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 01:35 AM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
I really hope you are joking. If not, I'm putting you on my ignore list right now.
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 01:53 AM
Banned

Location: If I listened to you, i would have a mustang just like yours!
Quote:
ill go ahead and speak for the rest of texas and tell you i HOPE you are fucking joking.

get the fuck out with that hope and change bullshit campaign slogan. what a fucking joke.
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Lifer

Please take the time to re-read and anatomize the words that I have written.
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 03:48 PM

Krazy Kris more pics of the babe PLEASE I NEED THEM..........ROUGH PATCH.

No reall just a horn dog and I want to see more I bet more members do tp take a vote!

Oh and the Obama thing please what has he done really the girl in the pic has done more for man kind and peace (as I want a peace)
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Lifer

Quote:
you are complete fucking moron if you believe talk changes anything
Since when has talk been more important than action ?

you are the kind of douchebag that would believe HOPE and CHANGE

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

94 CBR 600 naked, handbraked, -1 +3 sprockets, one wheel operation mod

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."
post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by futant View Post
you are complete fucking moron if you believe talk changes anything
Since when has talk been more important than action ?

you are the kind of douchebag that would believe HOPE and CHANGE
After reading your response and analyzing it, I have come to the conclusion that you are a compete and (a)n total fucking moron. I could seat here and TRY to explain what I wrote but it would be a total fucking waste of my time and energy. [T]he truly sad part is that you will not understand and appreciate the true irony of what I just wrote.
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 08:21 PM
makin' bacon

Quote:
Quote:
was awarded the Price, we as
Quote:
After reading your response and analyzing it, I have come to the conclusion that you are a compete and (a)n total fucking moron.
Oh the irony.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 09:06 PM
NES Crew

post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 12:16 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Oh the irony.

Stevo
Touche'
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 04:14 AM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
So the whole purpose of it being a "prize" is completely null and void. You see, to get a "prize", you need to actually do something first. You know, like win at a gameshow, win something at a casino, hell get to the bottom of a box of fucking cereal. You don't get a prize cause you "hope" you can. The guy's a fucking joke, and for me, now so is the nobel peace prize. I will now no longer, for the rest of my life, care about or have any respect for that prize.
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 08:30 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Oh the irony.

Stevo
You mean redneck kneejerk “over-reactionists” are not very well educated? Shocking.

Makes you wonder who is telling them which side to choose. By rule, the uneducated cannot make thier own decisions.
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 09:17 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Had to bring this back up to post this...

post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 01:41 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8 View Post
You mean redneck kneejerk “over-reactionists” are not very well educated? Shocking.

Makes you wonder who is telling them which side to choose. By rule, the uneducated cannot make thier own decisions.
Is that why mommy and daddy are still making them for you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement