This sickens me. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Banned

This sickens me.

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/pc...ds-to-marxism/

Historians new program focuses on teaching kids American History from a negative standpoint.

Including-
Quizzing children on the presidents who had slaves.
How we lynched black people (telling kindergartners)

As a history major, with emphasis on American History this sickens me to no end. It is an embarrassment to academia that this man is even branded as a historian.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Token Troll

Liberalism 101

Brainwash the kiddies & America is evil.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX View Post
Liberalism 101

Brainwash the kiddies & America is evil.
America is the most giving nation on earth.

Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy were lifted out of
the debris of war by the Americans who poured in billions of dollars and forgave other billions in debts. None of these countries is today paying even the interest on its remaining debts to the United States.

When France was in danger of collapsing in 1956, it was the Americans who propped it up, and their reward was to be insulted and swindled on the streets of Paris.

When earthquakes hit distant cities, it is the United States that hurries in to help. This spring, 59 American communities were flattened by tornadoes. Nobody helped.

The Marshall Plan and the Truman Policy pumped billions of dollars into discouraged countries. Now newspapers in those countries are writing about the decadent, warmongering Americans.

I'd like to see just one of those countries that is gloating over the erosion of the United States dollar build its own airplane. Does any other country in the world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo Jet, the Lockheed Tri-Star, or the Douglas DC10? If so, why don't they fly them? Why do all the International lines except Russia fly American Planes?
Why does no other land on earth even consider putting a man or woman on the moon? You talk about Japanese technocracy, and you get radios. You talk about German technocracy, and you get automobiles. You talk about
American technocracy, and you find men on the moon - not once, but several times -and
safely home again.

When the railways of France, Germany and India were breaking down through age, it was the Americans who rebuilt them. When the Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central went broke, nobody loaned them an old caboose. Both are still broke.

I can name you 5000 times when the Americans raced to the help of other people in trouble. Can you name me even one time when someone else raced to the Americans in trouble? I don't think there was outside help even during the San Francisco earthquake.

I am fucking tired of being kicked around and insulted by other countries, but it is worse when my own countrymen participate. Of all times, right now we need to hold our flag high. Stay proud America, and God bless us all.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Token Troll

You're preaching to the choir, man.

Liberals want to put their belief on to the masses via the public education system. One of their core beliefs is that America is inherently bad, which is shown with this Zinn's characters thing you posted.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX View Post
You're preaching to the choir, man.

Liberals want to put their belief on to the masses via the public education system. One of their core beliefs is that America is inherently bad, which is shown with this Zinn's characters thing you posted.
I agree. But there is little basis for the "America is evil" theorem.

Many argue that we had slaves. This is undeniable... but so did Europeans, Asians, African, Native Americans, etc.

Every civilization has at one time or another enslaved somebody. The Europeans were the worst, look at the age of Imperialism and what they did to Africa.

They argue that we are war mongering. Well hell yes we are. We are because nobody else is. When Mexico declared war on Texas, America was there. When Cuba wanted independence, we were there. When the Nazis threatened Europe, we were there. When communist Koreans killed millions of their own kind, we were there. When Iraq invaded Kuwait, we were there. We fight the good fight, and for that we are criticized.

I am so fucking sick of the recent America is Evil mentality.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Worship me

When it comes to slavery, don't forget the Africans.

I agree with you. It is a bunch of self loathing bullshit that they project onto our country.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Lifer

we study history to learn from it, both the good and the bad. I think we do hide a lot of history (especially American history) from students. there has also always been a touch of propaganda to how we teach history as well, I remember having a test in grade school and one of the questions was "which president never told a lie?" likewise we only teach our students about American victories and hardly ever mention our defeats. I was well into college before I learned the US had lost a war with canada, guess they skipped that part in high school.

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
we study history to learn from it, both the good and the bad. I think we do hide a lot of history (especially American history) from students. there has also always been a touch of propaganda to how we teach history as well, I remember having a test in grade school and one of the questions was "which president never told a lie?" likewise we only teach our students about American victories and hardly ever mention our defeats. I was well into college before I learned the US had lost a war with canada, guess they skipped that part in high school.
Our list of defeats is very, very slim.

And we did not lose a war with Canada. If you are referring to the war of 1812 between the United States and the United Kingdom (of which the Canadian Provinces were a part), then you are still mistaken. The war was a stalemate at best, albeit we did kick major ass in the Battle of New Orleans (Andre Jackson was in charge).

The end result was essentially a cease fire.
We have only "lost" Vietnam. Albeit war was never declared.

Fun Fact: Canada has only been an independent nation for about 25 years. It declared its independence from Britain in the 80s.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Worship me

We should teach more about the war in Vietnam. My favorite part is how the French begged us to use nuclear weapons on the North Vietnamese when the French were boxed in. Then hauled ass once there was a real war going on.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
We should teach more about the war in Vietnam. My favorite part is how the French begged us to use nuclear weapons on the North Vietnamese when the French were boxed in. Then hauled ass once there was a real war going on.
Yeah but we should have not gotten involved. We demanded democratic elections after the communists took power.

The communists won the proceeding 5 elections, but we still insisted on deposing the communists.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 03:08 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post
Our list of defeats is very, very slim.

And we did not lose a war with Canada. If you are referring to the war of 1812 between the United States and the United Kingdom (of which the Canadian Provinces were a part), then you are still mistaken. The war was a stalemate at best, albeit we did kick major ass in the Battle of New Orleans (Andre Jackson was in charge).

The end result was essentially a cease fire.
We have only "lost" Vietnam. Albeit war was never declared.

Fun Fact: Canada has only been an independent nation for about 25 years. It declared its independence from Britain in the 80s.
the US tried to invade Canada, it back fired, then the British capture Main, Maryland, and New York City, Burned Washington to the ground, then threatened to burn down Boston if we did not sign their peace treaty, which we did. the battle of new orleans took place 2 weeks after the peace treaty was signed.

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
the US tried to invade Canada, it back fired, then the British capture Main, Maryland, and New York City, Burned Washington to the ground, then threatened to burn down Boston if we did not sign their peace treaty, which we did. the battle of new orleans took place 2 weeks after the peace treaty was signed.
That is not entirely inaccurate, but to say that we lost a war with Canada is. The War of 1812 is very controversial among Historians, but it was a very unnecessary conflict.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 03:35 PM
Worship me

Quote:
A little hard to believe since the peace treaty was signed on the other side of the world.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Lifer

Quote:
A little hard to believe since the peace treaty was signed on the other side of the world.
thats actually a know fact, that the battle was fought after the treaty had been signed.

post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Worship me

Quote:
thats actually a know fact, that the battle was fought after the treaty had been signed.
Oh jeez. The part about Boston.

"Sign this treaty or we'll burn down Boston. We'll sit here and wait three months while we make sure you signed it"
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 04:08 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
I'd like to see just one of those countries that is gloating over the erosion of the United States dollar build its own airplane. Does any other country in the world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo Jet, the Lockheed Tri-Star, or the Douglas DC10? If so, why don't they fly them? Why do all the International lines except Russia fly American Planes?
ahem...

I think you forgot about Airbus (made in France)...not that I am sticking up for any of these degenerates...

United is ordering 25 Airbus A350s and 25 Boeing 787s.

Hawaiin Air is replacing it's Boeing fleet with Airbuses.

http://www.airlinenation.com/blog/20...b-and-a330.htm

Again, not sticking up for them, just pointing out that not all commercial airliners are American made.

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
ahem...

I think you forgot about Airbus (made in France)...not that I am sticking up for any of these degenerates...

United is ordering 25 Airbus A350s and 25 Boeing 787s.

Hawaiin Air is replacing it's Boeing fleet with Airbuses.

http://www.airlinenation.com/blog/20...b-and-a330.htm

Again, not sticking up for them, just pointing out that not all commercial airliners are American made.
Well, in my defense I stole most of that rant from an editorial
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 04:17 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
Well, in my defense I stole most of that rant from an editorial
I figured you plagiarized that...but shame on the original author.

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
I figured you plagiarized that...but shame on the original author.
Actually it was some Canadian dude. Pretty neat if you ask me.

The title of the work is "America, The Good Neighbor" I believe.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Oh jeez. The part about Boston.

"Sign this treaty or we'll burn down Boston. We'll sit here and wait three months while we make sure you signed it"
came right out of my college text book: Morison, Samuel E., Dissent in the War of 1812
"The British threatened to invade Boston next, at which point the U.S. reluctantly acceded to sign a peace agreement."

post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 04:23 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
Actually it was some Canadian dude. Pretty neat if you ask me.

The title of the work is "America, The Good Neighbor" I believe.
The rest of that editorial was fine, but I would generally expect a person to check their facts before publishing/posting. I guess if the state run media doesn't have to do it, why should anyone else?

That is more of a jab at the original author, not you.

Last edited by HOOCBB; 12-09-2009 at 05:26 PM.
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
came right out of my college text book: Morison, Samuel E., Dissent in the War of 1812
"The British threatened to invade Boston next, at which point the U.S. reluctantly acceded to sign a peace agreement."
Samuel Eliot Morison was a naval historian. Also an advocate of slavery. Cooky guy.

And again, the War of 1812 is a controversial topic. Nothing really got accomplished, except the demilitarization of the great lakes.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Neither side was compelled to give up anything at the end of the war, so once again I find this hard to believe.
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Time Served

Reading that article actually gives me a feeling deep in my stomach, much like the feeling I had on the morning of November 5, 2008.

68 Coupe- 351w, Twisted Wedge heads, XE284 cam, T5, disc conversion, former 6 cylinder car.

Quote:
(thats right, in a fucking duel with guns, Jackson allowed his oppenent to fucking shoot at him before shooting back). Now we have Obama, who is a little bitch. God damn the presidency of the US is just not the same as it used to be.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 07:13 PM
IA2

This slavery deal is always one sided, and a lot of the facts are left out. Like:

1). Black people owned slaves too
2). Black people in africa profited by selling slaves
3). In spite of what harry reid thinks, the slaves were freed by republican votes, while the democrats voted largely against the measure

Why are these facts always overlooked?
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Worship me

Now MikeB it isn't fair to point out that the Egyptians owned enough slaves to build monuments that stand even today. Some of those monuments took a hundred years to build. And those slaves were Jews.

So...when are the blacks here in America, who profited from the hard work of the Jews going to do the right thing and pay the Jews their reperations?
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Time Served

If anyone cannot see that we are under a full court press from every possible aspect of propaganda and brainwashing from Washington and the Left they better wake up. These people are not missing any angles.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Neither side was compelled to give up anything at the end of the war, so once again I find this hard to believe.
actually the english got what they wanted, stop the US from helping France
and the US did not get Canada, which they tried to take. England didnt want America, by 1812 they had a major business/economic interest in america.

post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 03:53 AM
Canada is welcome here.

I don't like that they try to brainwash kids or anyone for that matter, but in the end I have faith that those people are going to form their own opinions one day. As much as the government would love for us all to be robots, people are in fact, quite the opposite. You can't change the fact that everyone has freewill to form their own conclusions and opinions. Just like another member said, I always thought that it was unfair that the "poor kids" got free lunches, and the rest of us had to pay. Kids are smarter than people give them credit for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement