Obama wants to "spend" our way out of the jobless economic situation - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
IA2

Exclamation Obama wants to "spend" our way out of the jobless economic situation

I don't know about you, but for me, if I tried to spend my way out of my own personal economic situation I don't believe it would work that well. But "the one" says that's what we need to do. More spending on top of an increasing tax burden. Anyone want to bet that once the spending is done, unemployment will be even higher? Idiot. I think that he's more concerned with the upcoming 2010 elections. "It's the economy, stupid", comes to mind as a factor for the dems now and their decisions.

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama says staggering job losses mean the country must continue to "spend our way out of this recession" with a round of new incentives for hiring.

In a speech at the Brookings Institution, Obama proposed a package intended to stimulate job creation and bring down the country's 10 percent unemployment rate. The measures include more money for infrastructure projects, tax cuts and credit access for small businesses. It also includes rebates to consumers who make their homes more energy efficient.

Obama said it is a "false choice" to claim that the government must pick between paying down the deficit and investing in economic growth. He said spending in the short-term to create new jobs will help reduce the deficit over the long-term
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 07:09 PM
PAN

Worked the first time...

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t12.htm <---The way it's supposed to look

Table A-12. Alternative measures of labor underutilization

(Percent)

Not seasonally adjusted Seasonally adjusted

Measure

Nov. Oct. Nov. Nov. July Aug. Sept. Oct. Nov.
2008 2009 2009 2008 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009

U-1 Persons unemployed 15 weeks or longer, as a percent
of the civilian labor force....................... 2.5 5.5 5.6 2.6 5.1 5.1 5.4 5.7 5.9

U-2 Job losers and persons who completed temporary
jobs, as a percent of the civilian labor force.... 3.7 6.0 5.9 4.0 6.2 6.4 6.8 6.9 6.6

U-3 Total unemployed, as a percent of the civilian
labor force (official unemployment rate).......... 6.5 9.5 9.4 6.8 9.4 9.7 9.8 10.2 10.0

U-4 Total unemployed plus discouraged workers, as a
percent of the civilian labor force plus
discouraged workers............................... 6.8 9.9 9.9 7.1 9.8 10.1 10.2 10.7 10.5

U-5 Total unemployed, plus discouraged workers, plus
all other marginally attached workers, as a
percent of the civilian labor force plus all
marginally attached workers....................... 7.6 10.8 10.7 7.9 10.7 11.0 11.1 11.6 11.3

U-6 Total unemployed, plus all marginally attached
workers, plus total employed part time for
economic reasons, as a percent of the civilian
labor force plus all marginally attached workers.. 12.2 16.3 16.4 12.6 16.3 16.8 17.0 17.5 17.2

NOTE: Marginally attached workers are persons who currently are neither working nor looking for work but indicate that they want and
are available for a job and have looked for work sometime in the recent past. Discouraged workers, a subset of the marginally attached,
have given a job-market related reason for not looking currently for a job. Persons employed part time for economic reasons are those
who want and are available for full-time work but have had to settle for a part-time schedule. For more information, see "BLS intro-
duces new range of alternative unemployment measures," in the October 1995 issue of the Monthly Labor Review. Updated population con-
trols are introduced annually with the release of January data.

Table of Contents
Last Modified Date: December 04, 2009
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Time Served

Well it's a black hobo spending working "cracka's" tax money, so we should expect no less. Until a decent, intelligent white person is elected that is willing to stand up for the working American taxpayer instead of folding like a cheap tent to every crook that shuffles money their way (which is NEVER going to happen), this is how it's going to be. White collar workers SUCK COCK.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GURU View Post
Well it's a black hobo spending working "cracka's" tax money, so we should expect no less. Until a decent, intelligent white person is elected that is willing to stand up for the working American taxpayer instead of folding like a cheap tent to every crook that shuffles money their way (which is NEVER going to happen), this is how it's going to be. White collar workers SUCK COCK.
There are a lot of white collar workers here that would disagree with your assertion.

We're not all greedy, money grubbers.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Lifer

Has anyone heard of any plans or bills to tax or put some type of burden on companies outsourcing to India and other places?
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Time Served

Obama knows that the money will do nothing to provide more jobs. It is just a way for him to take it from the rich because he knows that they will be the ones paying it back. It's kind of like raising taxes on the future wealthy people before they have even been born.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

No its a way for Obama to start his change that he promised. So far he has done nothing besides worry about a health plan. If he was so worried about the economy he would be flying first class to these other countries or driving his motorcade to all of these states. Instead he is blowing money like crazy. Sure the economy will eventually come back around. No one is saying it is the rich peoples fault. It's the governments fault. We all work to make money. Just why must the middle class bust their butt's just to pay the government just as much as the ones who qaudrouple their money?
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GURU View Post
White collar workers SUCK COCK.
lol. I certainly hope 'GURU' doesn't stand for 'economic guru'.

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
Has anyone heard of any plans or bills to tax or put some type of burden on companies outsourcing to India and other places?
I believe that was mentioned at some point, he was actually going to tax profits made overseas. Kinda crazy they dont anyways, and then wonder why companies arent eager to hire americans.

They make triple the money overseas so what do ya expect. Sucks for the american people though! I think we need to tax the hell out of imports like we are supposed to be doing and force that made in china shit to compete on quality instead of soley price where they are kicking our asses! I thought the point was to never fight your enemy on their terms, why in the fuck we dont do it with the economy i dont know.

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 02:32 AM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammy View Post
I believe that was mentioned at some point, he was actually going to tax profits made overseas. Kinda crazy they dont anyways, and then wonder why companies arent eager to hire americans.

They make triple the money overseas so what do ya expect. Sucks for the american people though! I think we need to tax the hell out of imports like we are supposed to be doing and force that made in china shit to compete on quality instead of soley price where they are kicking our asses! I thought the point was to never fight your enemy on their terms, why in the fuck we dont do it with the economy i dont know.
Yeah slave labor is hard to compete with. Wait no, slave labor is impossible to compete with. Hence the civil war. So er, shouldn't the government know that lesson? Perhaps they do know, and that's why the cap and trade is coming up. The more I learn about all this stuff (mainly from you guys) the more I just don't know. Cap and trade is usually labeled as a bad thing, but then you got the fact that it will create some jobs here and boost our economy a little. I mean just think if there were no fucking Ishbu call centers. And they were all over here in the U.S. Thats a lot more jobs here. Then do that with everything that all american companies outsource to cheaper shithole countries. But of course let them still build and sell over there, if they are doing it for over there. Not to ship it back here and sell it, or offer some service to you and me here in the U.S
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 11:09 AM
PAN

Maybe an additional 1.8 trillion will do it...

They seriously don't get it...

Dems to lift debt ceiling by $1.8 trillion, fear 2010 backlash

In a bold but risky year-end strategy, Democrats are preparing to raise the federal debt ceiling by as much as $1.8 trillion before New Year’s rather than have to face the issue again prior to the 2010 elections.

“We’ve incurred this debt. We have to pay our bills,” House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer told POLITICO Wednesday. And the Maryland Democrat confirmed that the anticipated increase could be as high as $1.8 trillion — nearly twice what had been assumed in last spring’s budget resolution for the 2010 fiscal year.

The leadership is betting that it’s better for the party to take its lumps now rather than risk further votes over the coming year. But the enormity of the number could create its own dynamic, much as another debt ceiling fight in 1985 gave rise to the Gramm-Rudman deficit reduction act mandating across-the-board spending cuts nearly 25 years ago.

Already in the Senate, there is growing pressure in both parties for the creation of a novel bipartisan task force empowered to force expedited votes in the next Congress on deficit reduction steps now shunned by lawmakers.

As introduced Wednesday, the legislation sets no specific targets for deficit reduction, but its 18-member task force — 16 of whom would come from Congress — is promised immense leverage to force change if they can first come together behind a plan.

“This is a defining moment,” said Senate Budget Committee Chairman Kent Conrad (D-N.D.), one of the lead sponsors, and New Hampshire Sen. Judd Gregg, the panel’s ranking Republican, is already maneuvering to try to add the legislation as an amendment to any bill tapped to carry the debt increase.

As explained by Hoyer and other Democrats, that will almost certainly be a pending $636.4 billion Pentagon appropriations bill that includes $128.3 in contingency funds for military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The House leadership has held back the bill for weeks, saving it for this moment, but now appropriations clerks have been instructed to have a final package ready to go by Monday.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1209/30417.html
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
Yeah slave labor is hard to compete with. Wait no, slave labor is impossible to compete with. Hence the civil war. So er, shouldn't the government know that lesson? Perhaps they do know, and that's why the cap and trade is coming up. The more I learn about all this stuff (mainly from you guys) the more I just don't know. Cap and trade is usually labeled as a bad thing, but then you got the fact that it will create some jobs here and boost our economy a little. I mean just think if there were no fucking Ishbu call centers. And they were all over here in the U.S. Thats a lot more jobs here. Then do that with everything that all american companies outsource to cheaper shithole countries. But of course let them still build and sell over there, if they are doing it for over there. Not to ship it back here and sell it, or offer some service to you and me here in the U.S
When its cheaper for a company to operate in a country that does not have cap and trade why would they bring jobs here? If you really think that cap and trade will create jobs in the US you smoking some bad shit.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Thats the thing about that cap and trade crap, china isnt going to be a part of it. All it will do is force even more companies out of the US. Its just another way for the gubment to get money to pay for more of its bullshit programs instead of learning to not spend so damned much.

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 01:49 AM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67camino View Post
When its cheaper for a company to operate in a country that does not have cap and trade why would they bring jobs here?
Cause that's the idea behind cap and trade, unless I'm mistaken. Cause this is a huge market and they want to sell/offer services here. They tax imports so much that it's just cheaper (or the same price) to just do it here. Thus, they just go ahead and build it here instead of dealing with all the tax bullshit. Kinda like they taxed the Chinese tires so that american tires would be the same price and the american companies could even compete. Maybe I don't understand cap and trade that well, though.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 01:57 AM Thread Starter
IA2

Quote:
Cause that's the idea behind cap and trade, unless I'm mistaken. Cause this is a huge market and they want to sell/offer services here. They tax imports so much that it's just cheaper (or the same price) to just do it here. Thus, they just go ahead and build it here instead of dealing with all the tax bullshit. Kinda like they taxed the Chinese tires so that american tires would be the same price and the american companies could even compete. Maybe I don't understand cap and trade that well, though.
Cap and trade is a wealth redistribution program. Tax the shit out of countries that are doing well, citing pollution, limit their economic abilities with bullshit rules and laws, and then send the money spent to purchase carbon/pollution credits to "disadvantaged" 3rd world countries.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Cause that's the idea behind cap and trade, unless I'm mistaken. Cause this is a huge market and they want to sell/offer services here. They tax imports so much that it's just cheaper (or the same price) to just do it here. Thus, they just go ahead and build it here instead of dealing with all the tax bullshit. Kinda like they taxed the Chinese tires so that American tires would be the same price and the American companies could even compete. Maybe I don't understand cap and trade that well, though.
Dude wake up they are going to impose this tax on business HERE in the US. Other countries like India and China have already told them to fuck off we wont adopt your policies, so they wont have the tax thus make it more desirable to operate in those countries that don't have Cap and Tax "cap and trade".

Quote:
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 04:15 AM
Canada is welcome here.

I didn't know they were going to do it here. That's the demofags answer to everything. More taxes. How stupid can they be? Although in the end, I don't think the american people will stand for it. Forcing a lifestyle change on the american people may be beyond even the government's power. If you get to the bottom line, what it all comes down to, is about 22-23% of the lower class and lower middle class's money being taken from them. Where do I get these figures? I get them from my own experience. When I was 16, I worked at my local wal mart for roughly a year. For $6.50 an hour. And in that time, I checked every paycheck and figured out that after medicare, social security, and federal income tax, they were taking about 23-24% of the money I had earned.

This of course, pissed me off. But I realized the need for schools, roads, prisons, the military, all that stuff. So I was ok with just the Federal income tax, much of which I got back due to my low pay. So a 5 years go by, and I find myself working in the Oilfield for $22 an hour. Needless to say, big pay increase. Did this for a few years. How much did they take out, even with my large jump? Still 23% of my income. I have also had other jobs in between, and after those time periods and it was still the same percentage. So there we see that they sort of have a little method going. They seem to know just how much people will tolerate. Now what the the demofags always seem to want to do, is get that percentage up to around 40-45%. Parasites. But what does that mean for the whole fucking nation? A giant lifestyle change. (no I don't count the very rich, they are too small a minority)

And that is where people seem to really get pissed, and really refuse to change, is when you go to change their lifestyle, for the worse. So that's where I get my optimistic attitude, that it just won't be tolerated. This is all just mere speculation on my part, of course. But based on my own personal experience.

Last edited by justinsn95; 12-12-2009 at 04:21 AM.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
IA2

Quote:
I didn't know they were going to do it here. That's the demofags answer to everything. More taxes. How stupid can they be? Although in the end, I don't think the american people will stand for it. Forcing a lifestyle change on the american people may be beyond even the government's power. If you get to the bottom line, what it all comes down to, is about 22-23% of the lower class and lower middle class's money being taken from them. Where do I get these figures? I get them from my own experience. When I was 16, I worked at my local wal mart for roughly a year. For $6.50 an hour. And in that time, I checked every paycheck and figured out that after medicare, social security, and federal income tax, they were taking about 23-24% of the money I had earned.

This of course, pissed me off. But I realized the need for schools, roads, prisons, the military, all that stuff. So I was ok with just the Federal income tax, much of which I got back due to my low pay. So a 5 years go by, and I find myself working in the Oilfield for $22 an hour. Needless to say, big pay increase. Did this for a few years. How much did they take out, even with my large jump? Still 23% of my income. I have also had other jobs in between, and after those time periods and it was still the same percentage. So there we see that they sort of have a little method going. They seem to know just how much people will tolerate. Now what the the demofags always seem to want to do, is get that percentage up to around 40-45%. Parasites. But what does that mean for the whole fucking nation? A giant lifestyle change. (no I don't count the very rich, they are too small a minority)

And that is where people seem to really get pissed, and really refuse to change, is when you go to change their lifestyle, for the worse. So that's where I get my optimistic attitude, that it just won't be tolerated. This is all just mere speculation on my part, of course. But based on my own personal experience.
It's already higher for the self employed. In my case i'm looking at 25% federal taxes, 15% self employment tax, 9.3% state income tax (working in cali and have to pay it). Thats 50% in tax right off the top.

Then the self employed get screwed more when they have to buy health insurance, because there is no affordable health insurance for small companies. so you figure another 5% for that.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Lifer

This is exactly what the libs and Obama want, guys. If we're all broke on our asses, uncle Barry can swoop in and save us with all the entitlement programs that are constantly being put in place. Extensions (and the increases) of unemployment benefits, socialized medicine, etc. is the perfect way for the masses to rely on the gubment for day-to-day existence.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Canada is welcome here.

What really gets me is that they have totally and completely forgotten the whole reason this country was even created. Taxes. It will completely nullify the revoutionary war if we succumb to taxes.
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Lifer

Quote:
This is exactly what the libs and Obama want, guys. If we're all broke on our asses, uncle Barry can swoop in and save us with all the entitlement programs that are constantly being put in place. Extensions (and the increases) of unemployment benefits, socialized medicine, etc. is the perfect way for the masses to rely on the gubment for day-to-day existence.
There in lies the problem with socialism, at some point your run out of other people's money.

Quote:
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 04:26 AM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67camino View Post
There in lies the problem with socialism, at some point your run out of other people's money.
That's actually why I consider liberals to be genuinely stupid people. It ain't rocket science, but they still don't get it. I guess they think that even though it has never worked before, that magic really does exist and it will this time. All it takes is a very basic understanding of money to see why it's doomed before it even starts.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 06:46 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
It's already higher for the self employed. In my case i'm looking at 25% federal taxes, 15% self employment tax, 9.3% state income tax (working in cali and have to pay it). Thats 50% in tax right off the top.

Then the self employed get screwed more when they have to buy health insurance, because there is no affordable health insurance for small companies. so you figure another 5% for that.
That such BS, your self employed and therefor you must be rich! LOL ...and people ask why i dont set my stuff as an actual business hahah All it would do is cost me more money, thats assuming i could even get business after i had to raise the prices sky high!

Last edited by Slammy; 12-13-2009 at 06:52 AM.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 06:51 AM
Time Served

Quote:
haha yea i thought it was hillarous how instead of doing something to get some jobs back in country, he increased unemployment.
Must be a part of the mindset of "Americans cant be allowed to work, they can be free all they want but when they are broke as hell they cant do shit!"

Quote:
That's actually why I consider liberals to be genuinely stupid people. It ain't rocket science, but they still don't get it. I guess they think that even though it has never worked before, that magic really does exist and it will this time. All it takes is a very basic understanding of money to see why it's doomed before it even starts.
Alot of people think the government has money and therefor they want their "cut". They cant seem to grasp the concept that this country is piss poor broke only surviving cause of loans from china.

post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Hell even when we are (were) doing good, some fagz still wanted communism/socialism. They do even now. I guess they get to pressuring their politicians and the the politicians push for it or something.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
IA2

Quote:
Hell even when we are (were) doing good, some fagz still wanted communism/socialism. They do even now. I guess they get to pressuring their politicians and the the politicians push for it or something.
A lot of liberals learn to think that socialism is great from liberal colleges and liberal professors, that teach them that it is great (even though it has yet to succeed anywhere in the world).

These so called "enlightened", well educated people with no life experience are easy to be led to such a conclusion. For the rest of us that have had to work a series of low rung jobs, worry about our kids and how to pay bills, worry about our aging parents, and live in the real world - we know better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement