Go swiss! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 04:22 AM Thread Starter
Canada is welcome here.

Go swiss!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091129/...nd_minaret_ban

I don't like muslims either, switzerland. I need the find the guy that headed that up, and give him a pat on the back. Now if only we could get that kind of thing going on over here...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 07:30 AM
Lifer

Dp you really want to start changing the constitution here? I can only imagine where it would stop. Also I dont see that lasting long in Switzerland. I bet the supreme courts will overturn it like the story said. No telling what their constitution says though so I dont know for sure.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 07:45 AM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lason View Post
Dp you really want to start changing the constitution here? I can only imagine where it would stop. Also I dont see that lasting long in Switzerland. I bet the supreme courts will overturn it like the story said. No telling what their constitution says though so I dont know for sure.

It's a ban on building minarets. How would that affect the constitution here, were we to follow suit? Are you saying that... seat belt laws, leash laws, etc. changed our constitution? Not quite apples and oranges but the point is illustrated...

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 08:16 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
It's a ban on building minarets. How would that affect the constitution here, were we to follow suit? Are you saying that... seat belt laws, leash laws, etc. changed our constitution? Not quite apples and oranges but the point is illustrated...
Well considering minarets are used as a focal point to pray to I would see this as a infringment of the freedom of religion. How does a seat belt compare to a tall structure that is prayed to compare?

**EDIT** BTW, Im all for banning of ALL religion if it came down to it so Im not defending these people. Im just saying, it would be unconstitutional and if it held any water then get ready for votes on banning crosses on top of churches, etc.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 08:35 AM
Lifer

Minarets are considered a sign of muslim "domination" by some, hence the Swiss law. People MUST draw a line with muslim's, or we will be overrun and eliminated.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 08:43 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Well considering minarets are used as a focal point to pray to I would see this as a infringment of the freedom of religion. How does a seat belt compare to a tall structure that is prayed to compare?

**EDIT** BTW, Im all for banning of ALL religion if it came down to it so Im not defending these people. Im just saying, it would be unconstitutional and if it held any water then get ready for votes on banning crosses on top of churches, etc.
Why so? How does it affect you?

Knowing what Muslims are, what they are doing, etc, the problem will have to be dealt with sooner, rather than later.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 08:50 AM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post

Knowing what Muslims are, what they are doing, etc, the problem will have to be dealt with sooner, rather than later.

With that post (of his) we learned all that we need to know about him. He's all for total control of that which he chooses, completely against any restrictions placed on whomever he chooses, believes wholeheartedly in global warming, and supports obsamas policys completely...

Part of that is tongue in cheek, obviously.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 08:55 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
With that post (of his) we learned all that we need to know about him. He's all for total control of that which he chooses, completely against any restrictions placed on whomever he chooses, believes wholeheartedly in global warming, and supports obsamas policys completely...

Part of that is tongue in cheek, obviously.
Where did I say anything about Obama or global warming? First seat belts and now this? Im completely against Obama and global warming a scheme developed to seize control and wallets of the worlds population.

Im all for protecting our constitution. Simple as that.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 08:57 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Why ban crosses? Well if your going to attack one religion and it actually stands then Im sure the nutjobs from the other side will attack the crosses at some point. Just like all the nutjobs that argue on both sides of the "God" being written in the pledge or on our currency.

Im not saying Im for it, Im just saying, you guys seem to want to open the flood gates to this type of thing.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 09:23 AM
PAN

Quote:
Where did I say anything about Obama or global warming? First seat belts and now this? Im completely against Obama and global warming a scheme developed to seize control and wallets of the worlds population.

Im all for protecting our constitution. Simple as that.
Sweet Baby Jesus. Tongue in cheek generally indicates a joking nature, not completely serious. And if you can't see the parrallel in the first post you're in trouble. It was an illustration on how ludicrous your post was. Got coffee?

As for opening the gates, not so much. Many of us would prefer to simply eliminate the threat posed by muslim extremists, the likes of whom could be gathering at local minarets.

<---waiting for the "not all muslims are terrorists" mantra...
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Lifer

fuck trying to do that here, just move to switzerland. lower taxes, higher incomes, more freedoms

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 09:28 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
fuck trying to do that here, just move to switzerland. lower taxes, higher incomes, more freedoms
Why are you still here?

post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 09:31 AM
Lifer

"The Swiss have failed to give a clear signal for diversity, freedom of religion and human rights," said Omar Al-Rawi, integration representative of the Islamic Denomination in Austria, which said its reaction was "grief and deep disappointment."

Like they give a shit about diversity. Doesn't their religion tell them to destroy anyone that doesn't accept their religion?
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 09:34 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Why are you still here?
im working on it

post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 09:36 AM
Lifer

Amnesty International said the vote violated freedom of religion and would probably be overturned by the Swiss supreme court or the European Court of Human Rights.

Let our New World Order come to session now! Let it be known that individual countries no longer have the freedom to make their own laws. Only the NWO and the banks that control them are allowed to make policy!
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 09:37 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by line-em-up View Post
"The Swiss have failed to give a clear signal for diversity, freedom of religion and human rights," said Omar Al-Rawi, integration representative of the Islamic Denomination in Austria, which said its reaction was "grief and deep disappointment."

Like they give a shit about diversity. Doesn't their religion tell them to destroy anyone that doesn't accept their religion?
Basically, which is why they will have to be dealt with.

The lack of stomach people have in regards to handling the problem now will go away when they see loved ones destroyed in suicide bombings on our soil.

There is no diversity in the muslim world.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 09:39 AM
Lifer

Quote:
im working on it

Others hate on you, but I happen to enjoy hearing others' point of view. It helps me avoid being so close minded. I'm not saying I always believe what you say, but I also feel the same way about people on every side of the fence too.
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 10:31 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by line-em-up View Post
Others hate on you, but I happen to enjoy hearing others' point of view. It helps me avoid being so close minded. I'm not saying I always believe what you say, but I also feel the same way about people on every side of the fence too.
I wasnt joking, I did a semester there in college, and have been wanting to move back to europe.

post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I wasnt joking, I did a semester there in college, and have been wanting to move back to europe.
You would be a fine fit. My daughter spent a semester in Rome, and was ready to get back to the states.

post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 12:10 PM
Bullet Sponge

I spent time in Korea, Kuwait, Iraq and Germany and I was never happier than to get my feet on US soil.
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 12:27 PM
Token Troll

Wonder when the bombings will start in Geneva...

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 01:28 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
Can I take my guns with me?

post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 01:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
Can I take my guns with me?
Yes. Switzerland will also make you keep a machine gun at home under penalty of law.

And no, I am not kidding. All citizens are militia members and keep their sig 556 rifles at home should the need to use them arise.

Cool if you ask me.
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 01:55 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post
Yes. Switzerland will also make you keep a machine gun at home under penalty of law.

And no, I am not kidding. All citizens are militia members and keep their sig 556 rifles at home should the need to use them arise.

Cool if you ask me.
DAMMMMMMMMMN!!! Thats the shit right there!

**EDIT** Upon checking it out, only active military members are required to keep their full auto rifle and sealed 50 rounds in their home. When they get out of the military they have the option to keep their rifle and if they do, the rifle is sent out and converted to semi auto. You can conceal carry there but only with a permit like here unless they are military. Still not a bad deal though!

Last edited by Lason; 11-30-2009 at 02:15 PM.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 06:22 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
You would be a fine fit. My daughter spent a semester in Rome, and was ready to get back to the states.
Rome is one of those places that is fun to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there to long. Geneva is one of those rare places that is more business orientated with lots of opportunities.

post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
I spent time in Korea, Kuwait, Iraq and Germany and I was never happier than to get my feet on US soil.
That don't count. The military only sends you to the arm pits of other nations. I know, I've been to most of them.

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 09:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
DAMMMMMMMMMN!!! Thats the shit right there!

**EDIT** Upon checking it out, only active military members are required to keep their full auto rifle and sealed 50 rounds in their home. When they get out of the military they have the option to keep their rifle and if they do, the rifle is sent out and converted to semi auto. You can conceal carry there but only with a permit like here unless they are military. Still not a bad deal though!
Yes, but all males of a certain age are "active military members". I met a guy in London from Switzerland who had his grandpa's service rifle, his dads, and his all at his home. They also have shooting fests and stuff all the time.

Hell, how do you think switzerland wasnt overrun by the nazis?

The Swiss K31 service rifle was accurate as fuck and issued at large to the populace. An estimated 1 million men were ready for battle should the need have arose. The Nazis would have been batshit crazy to try and overrun Switzerland, which would have essentially been huge ass mountain ranges full of snipers.

Legend has it that a Nazi general told the Swiss commander, "I have 5 million men ready to invade, I know that you control a mere 1 million. What will you do should we mobilize and attack?". The Swiss commander responded, "I will tell all of my men to fire 5 shots each, and then go home".

That country is fucking awesome.
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 09:59 PM
PAN

Lol at that quote. Sounds like a nice place to live...

Wonder how long it would take to find Heidi?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement