Obama to Allow U.S. Soldier to be Tried in The Hauge??? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Obama to Allow U.S. Soldier to be Tried in The Hauge???

I can't take credit for finding this story -- got it off of the Red Eye board. To say pissed is what I would be if this cocksucker does this does not even come close to describing what I would feel. First one to get brought up on charges? Probably the Marines facing court-martial for giving that camel fucker a fat lip.

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com...-at-the-hague/

Team Obama may allow US soldiers to be tried in the Hague for war crimes.
The Wall Street Journal reported, via Jihad Watch:

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton expressed “great regret” in August that the U.S. is not a signatory to the International Criminal Court (ICC). This has fueled speculation that the Obama administration may reverse another Bush policy and sign up for what could lead to the trial of Americans for war crimes in The Hague.

The ICC’s chief prosecutor, though, has no intention of waiting for Washington to submit to the court’s authority. Luis Moreno Ocampo says he already has jurisdiction—at least with respect to Afghanistan.

Because Kabul in 2003 ratified the Rome Statute—the ICC’s founding treaty—all soldiers on Afghan territory, even those from nontreaty countries, fall under the ICC’s oversight, Mr. Ocampo told me. And the chief prosecutor says he is already conducting a “preliminary examination” into whether NATO troops, including American soldiers, fighting the Taliban may have to be put in the dock.

“We have to check if crimes against humanity, war crimes or genocide have been committed in Afghanistan,” Mr. Ocampo told me. “There are serious allegations against the Taliban and al Qaeda and serious allegations about warlords, even against some who are connected with members of the government.” Taking up his inquiry of Allied soldiers, he added, “there are different reports about problems with bombings and there are also allegations about torture.”

It was clear who the targets of these particular inquiries are but the chief prosecutor shied away from spelling it out.

Asked repeatedly whether the examination of bombings and torture allegations refers to NATO and U.S. soldiers, Mr. Ocampo finally stated that “we are investigating whoever commits war crimes, including the group you mentioned.”

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 12:13 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Here's the direct link to the WSJ editorial.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...095440312.html

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 03:11 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

I wonder how many want to join up to serve their country now, know there is a knife aim for their back in addition to the bullets aimed at their hearts.

An Army of One. That might come true under this POTUS

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 04:32 PM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post
I wonder how many want to join up to serve their country now, know there is a knife aim for their back in addition to the bullets aimed at their hearts.

An Army of One. That might come true under this POTUS
I wonder the same thing. How willing is ANYONE gonna be to enlist? Our soldiers are asked to put themselves in harms way - but if things go less than perfect or things get a little messy your government won't stand behind you. It would be nice if all the enemy combatants would play fair and nice and by the rules.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

This is the time to give a giant middle finger to the rest of the world.

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
This is the time to give a giant middle finger to the rest of the world.
This,

The saying with us, or against us, you decide. comes to mind.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 04:54 PM
T-MINUS

The next President is going to have a lot of undigging to do.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
The next President is going to have a lot of undigging to do.
This is quickly becoming a hole that can't be undug.

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Lifer

Quote:
And it's being dug intentionally.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 05:28 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
You can always undig. You may have to explode some things so you can, but doing what you have to do sometimes requires doing it.

Obama hates this country and the feeling is mutual.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 09:38 PM
IA2

This paves the way for the blue hats - a genuine, UN army, exempt from prosecution from these BS laws, under the control of the communist UN, with the UN's agenda in mind. US Sovereignty? Forgetta about it - outlawed!

And welcome to the world court system. And the antichrist......
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 09:49 PM
PAN

Preach on Brother Mike...
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 06:19 PM

I'm going to blame alot on the Liberal media. Since the begining of the "War On Terrorism" The media has continually portrayed some of the tactics we soildiers have used to get the job done in an increasingly bad light. Then when a few servicemembers go too far they throw the book at people who bend a few rules to accomplish their mission because "there is too much media attention on us right now to be fucking around like this" ... and if you are wondering... yes i have heard that exact line while standing in front of the man in 2004. Here is a snipit from a story that broke shortly before i left Iraq in '05.

By Ken Dilanian
Knight Ridder Newspapers

BAGHDAD, Iraq - American soldiers barged into the house at midnight. A bomb had exploded on the highway out front earlier that day, killing an Iraqi national guardsman.

"I want some answers," Sgt. 1st Class Glenn Aldrich demanded through an interpreter as he shoved the homeowner out his front door. The man's wife and children watched, sobbing, from a side room.

Hadn't this guy seen something? The Iraqi swore to God he hadn't.

As two soldiers with rifles stood by, Aldrich yelled into the man's face and whacked the ground with a metal baton that the Americans called a "haji-be-good stick."

"I've got 200,000 Iraqis I've got to control with 18 people," Aldrich said, referring to his platoon's patrol sector. "So I've got to command respect. And unfortunately, all that hearts and minds stuff, I can't even think about that."

At another point he added: "There are things I have to do out here that I can't explain to my chain of command, and that the American people would never understand."

"The one thing you learn over here is that there are no innocent civilians, except the kids. And even them - the ones that are all, `Hey mister, mister, chocolate?' - I'll be killing them someday."

Yup, freedom is on the march.

In the early years of these wars our leaders have asked us to basically be police officers. The issue with this is we trained not to be police officers, we trained to be soldiers. We trained to fight and kill the enemy. Police officers protect and serve, soldiers kill people and break shit. Fortunately, the army has changed the way troops are trained, but the damage has been done and alot of service member's carreers have been ruined by media's hunt for blood and the militarys backlash against to troops to maintain a good public image. I'm ranting now, but hopefully you get the point. So now, instead of having to just worry about the ROE were so restricted by now, we get to worry about whether or not our commander in chief is going to have our back if we're accused of a war crime.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 12:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissenting_Patriot View Post
I'm going to blame alot on the Liberal media. Since the begining of the "War On Terrorism" The media has continually portrayed some of the tactics we soildiers have used to get the job done in an increasingly bad light. Then when a few servicemembers go too far they throw the book at people who bend a few rules to accomplish their mission because "there is too much media attention on us right now to be fucking around like this" ... and if you are wondering... yes i have heard that exact line while standing in front of the man in 2004. Here is a snipit from a story that broke shortly before i left Iraq in '05.

By Ken Dilanian
Knight Ridder Newspapers

BAGHDAD, Iraq - American soldiers barged into the house at midnight. A bomb had exploded on the highway out front earlier that day, killing an Iraqi national guardsman.

"I want some answers," Sgt. 1st Class Glenn Aldrich demanded through an interpreter as he shoved the homeowner out his front door. The man's wife and children watched, sobbing, from a side room.

Hadn't this guy seen something? The Iraqi swore to God he hadn't.

As two soldiers with rifles stood by, Aldrich yelled into the man's face and whacked the ground with a metal baton that the Americans called a "haji-be-good stick."

"I've got 200,000 Iraqis I've got to control with 18 people," Aldrich said, referring to his platoon's patrol sector. "So I've got to command respect. And unfortunately, all that hearts and minds stuff, I can't even think about that."

At another point he added: "There are things I have to do out here that I can't explain to my chain of command, and that the American people would never understand."

"The one thing you learn over here is that there are no innocent civilians, except the kids. And even them - the ones that are all, `Hey mister, mister, chocolate?' - I'll be killing them someday."

Yup, freedom is on the march.

In the early years of these wars our leaders have asked us to basically be police officers. The issue with this is we trained not to be police officers, we trained to be soldiers. We trained to fight and kill the enemy. Police officers protect and serve, soldiers kill people and break shit. Fortunately, the army has changed the way troops are trained, but the damage has been done and alot of service member's carreers have been ruined by media's hunt for blood and the militarys backlash against to troops to maintain a good public image. I'm ranting now, but hopefully you get the point. So now, instead of having to just worry about the ROE were so restricted by now, we get to worry about whether or not our commander in chief is going to have our back if we're accused of a war crime.
That's in the back of my mind, and has been since I decided to go back active duty. I don't mind doing my job, what I was trained to do, but if shit goes down I want someone that is going to stand beside me.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 09:08 PM
Lifer

O.g.d!
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 10:23 AM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Just asking, but don't we do the trials for those that we capture for war or terrorist acts? So if a soldiers rapes and or kills a civillian shouldn't they be tried by their court? Or am I missing the point?

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 11:20 AM
Bullet Sponge

No, if a soldier does something like that, they are put before OUR military tribunal. We don't hand our service members over to other countries. Terrorists aren't covered by Geneva so technically, if we had a guy with balls in there again, we could do what we wanted with them.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 02:03 PM
Lifer

This is the problem when your not at "WAR". Let solders do their jobs and if they fuck up try them in military court. Its a sad day when the POTUS lets one of our solders be handled like this all it says to me is we can't take care of our own problems. So yall can.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 06:20 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
No, if a soldier does something like that, they are put before OUR military tribunal. We don't hand our service members over to other countries. Terrorists aren't covered by Geneva so technically, if we had a guy with balls in there again, we could do what we wanted with them.
ok but we are in a war, so wouldn't that fall under war crimes act and fall under nato world court or whatever it is called, the one that tried those nazis and tried to do so with people like sadam?

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 06:41 PM
GTR
Punk Ass Newbie

Well it would be nice to think your "Commander and Chief" had your back. Problem is this scumbag POS "N" has his crosshairs squarely at the BACK of every white american.
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 05:20 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
This paves the way for the blue hats - a genuine, UN army, exempt from prosecution from these BS laws, under the control of the communist UN, with the UN's agenda in mind. US Sovereignty? Forgetta about it - outlawed!

And welcome to the world court system. And the antichrist......

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement