Funny Obama rumors - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Funny Obama rumors

I had just gotten to the gym today, watlking to the locker room and I heard some girl say to her personal trainer "Did you know that Obama is giving constitutional rights to terrorists?"

Now, from what I've heard, there is no truth to this, given, I haven't been keeping up with politics at all. I personally think it's all a joke.

Between that, and some of the stuff I hear about on here, I don't know what to think about Americans anymore.

Remember 6 months ago when ammo was going to cost $100 a box? If it ever does, it's because of the assholes waiting for the shipments to be dropped off at stores and buying it all to stockpile it for when Obama opens the gates of hell and lets the four horsemen through.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 04:30 PM
$uper $low

Her wording was wrong, but hopefully you understand what she was trying to say.
If not, i hope you don't actually vote.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I actually don't. I work 11 hours a day and the last thing that I want to do is watch the news when I get home. Why would he give terrorists constitutional rights, when the constitution is dead...or so he also supposedly said. I'm by no means defending Obama. I just think the rumors are getting more and more outrageous.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Time Served

the only law that should apply to them is gravity. as soon as they catch a round, gravity applies. they deserve nor should they get any of the benefits that were granted from the spilling of TRUE American blood. FREEDOM is not, nor has ever been free.

00 Excursion PSD tuned and bolt-ons (very quick for 5ton truck )
03 Toyota Prius "MarioKart"
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Lifer

Well lets see.

The terrorists trial is being held in a civilian court.
They are now being read the Miranda warning after capture.

You tell me where this is headed?

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 10:18 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz007 View Post
Well lets see.

Hell in a hand basket.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 08:09 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz007 View Post
Well lets see.

Orwell's "1984"?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 08:44 AM
Lifer

Obama will lead us into the abyss. good luck to those still drinking the kool aid

98 Brokra
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 11:30 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97ssconvertible View Post
the only law that should apply to them is gravity. as soon as they catch a round, gravity applies. they deserve nor should they get any of the benefits that were granted from the spilling of TRUE American blood. FREEDOM is not, nor has ever been free.
L-O-fucking-L guy. Half those motherfuckers down in Guantanamo haven't been charged with a single fucking crime and our government doesn't even know what to charge them with. What happened until innocent until proven guilty? Due process? Writ of habeas corpus?

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 11:43 AM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
L-O-fucking-L guy. Half those motherfuckers down in Guantanamo haven't been charged with a single fucking crime and our government doesn't even know what to charge them with. What happened until innocent until proven guilty? Due process? Writ of habeas corpus?
They are not US citizens. To assume innocent until proven guilty for enemy combatants would make it impossible for the military.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinginstang View Post
They are not US citizens. To assume innocent until proven guilty for enemy combatants would make it impossible for the military.
You don't have to be a US citizen to be protected by our Constitution, whether you like it or not. If they must adhere to the laws of the land then they are also protected by them, to some extent. James Madison had an awful lot to say about this exact scenario, I suggest you read up. Our country has been over this a few times before.

Your second statement is a non-sequitur. We're not talking about the functional operations of war, we're talking about prisoners of war that are being prosectued; it's a wildly different scenario.

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 01:35 PM
Lifer

an american revolution a is a must.until that happens expect to loose more and more of your rights on a daily basis.its just going to continue.

battle ground,america

RON PAUL '08
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 01:46 PM
makin' bacon

Quote:
we're talking about prisoners of war that are being prosectued; it's a wildly different scenario.
Then they should be treated as such, military tribunal/court and a quick execution.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 01:57 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
I had just gotten to the gym today, watlking to the locker room and I heard some girl say to her personal trainer "Did you know that Obama is giving constitutional rights to terrorists?"

Now, from what I've heard, there is no truth to this, given, I haven't been keeping up with politics at all. I personally think it's all a joke.

Between that, and some of the stuff I hear about on here, I don't know what to think about Americans anymore.

Remember 6 months ago when ammo was going to cost $100 a box? If it ever does, it's because of the assholes waiting for the shipments to be dropped off at stores and buying it all to stockpile it for when Obama opens the gates of hell and lets the four horsemen through.
the terrorists are going to be tried in New York court, and not a military tribunal. In a military tribunal they are rightfully treated as non uniform militants which not only have no rights, but also do not fall under the Geneva convention (even though we honor it, for some reason). In New York court they will have all the rights of a US citizen. Giving them the same rights as every innocent man, woman, and child they killed on 9/11. Keep in mind the mastermind of 9/11 not only admitted his guilt, but requested to be executed years ago -> now he's being given the right to try for mistrial, insanity plea, life in prison, etc.

Essentially what the woman said is completely true. Don't know what to think about Americans anymore? I'm on the same page.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 02:01 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Quote:
They are not even covered under the Geneva convention dude, they have none of those rights. Do you not understand that terrorists are not Americans? Let me attempt to frame this for you in reality - those insurgents taken off the battlefield from Afghanistan and Iraq could technically be taken out back, put on their knees, and shot in the back of the head - it wouldn't violate a single law or decree in our constitution or military guidelines. They are not even prisoners of war, they are not even soldiers of a uniformed army, they are military combatants which by all current guidelines incur zero rights of any kind. I hope you understand that all people in this world are not American Citizens. You are not born with freedom of speech, writ of habeas corpus, due process, innocent until proven guilty unless you are a US citizen. This kind of shit just blows my mind. You have GOT to read the damn constitution you think you comprehend. You are completely and grossly misinformed about what you're talking about - and it's about time someone forces you into actually researching these things.

Last edited by CJ; 11-28-2009 at 02:07 PM.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 03:11 PM
WTF is Zed?

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

This board is filled with Chicken Littles.

Or what's the word for people that bitch all the time? Oh yeah, bitches! LOL
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
They are not even covered under the Geneva convention dude, they have none of those rights. Do you not understand that terrorists are not Americans? Let me attempt to frame this for you in reality - those insurgents taken off the battlefield from Afghanistan and Iraq could technically be taken out back, put on their knees, and shot in the back of the head - it wouldn't violate a single law or decree in our constitution or military guidelines. They are not even prisoners of war, they are not even soldiers of a uniformed army, they are military combatants which by all current guidelines incur zero rights of any kind. I hope you understand that all people in this world are not American Citizens. You are not born with freedom of speech, writ of habeas corpus, due process, innocent until proven guilty unless you are a US citizen. This kind of shit just blows my mind. You have GOT to read the damn constitution you think you comprehend. You are completely and grossly misinformed about what you're talking about - and it's about time someone forces you into actually researching these things.
I'll concede those points to you until you get to this statement. In 1896 Wong Wing v. United States stated that an alien subject to criminal proceedings is entitled to the same constitutional protections available to citizens and this has not been changed, to my knowledge, since.

I'm not entirely sure of how that applies to enemy combatants, but it seems to me that these people deserve some kind of criminal proceedings and that those criminal proceedings would provide them rights analogous but not identical to those of a US citizen.

post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRSS View Post

Well maybe they are bitching because our country is marching towards destruction downhill at break neck speed. It should piss off every person in this country. If people don't share information, and voice their opinions we won't ever get any solutions, or even worse the correct information getting to the public. Call me whatever you want, but I call it as I see it, and the sky's about to smack us in the head if you ask me. If health care and crap and trade fail to pass, then that's a huge victory for we the people. Those two issues alone speak volume about the intentions of the governments attempted strangle hold on every aspect of our lives.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Lifer

Quote:
They have no rights, therefore no "due process", and since not in uniform, the Geneva Convention doesn't apply either.

post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRSS View Post

What are you talking about? Why not try using a little intellect? Why bother even posting stupid ass comments like that?

post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 06:40 PM
WTF is Zed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
What are you talking about? Why not try using a little intellect? Why bother even posting stupid ass comments like that?
This thread is about stupid comments, hence why it was started.
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 01:01 AM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
I'm not entirely sure of how that applies to enemy combatants, but it seems to me that these people deserve some kind of criminal proceedings and that those criminal proceedings would provide them rights analogous but not identical to those of a US citizen.
Yeah, but we're not talking about enemy combatants, are we? If we were talking about a soldier, perhaps one in Sadaam's army who fought against the united state's forces, then we could agree. We are not talking about honorable men here. We are talking about the scum of the earth, who just use some religion as a shield to further their evil agendas. Hell, I would have a little respect for a captured soldier of the actual army of Iraq, cause he would have been fighting for his country same as I would do if mine were invaded. So I would want that guy to be treated fairly as long as he was just doing his duty. But these are just little independents, or they work for such slimy governments that their cowardice wont let them come forward and say "Yeah, it was us." So do they deserve the same trial of an american citizen? No. They deserve to be executed and thrown face down in a ditch in their home county as an example.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 01:34 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
Well said.

These dirt bags were captured and removed from a battlefield where a 19yr old SPC could just as easily saved us the social experiment and ended the life of said scum bag. They should be grateful to be breathing today. Hell if we had killed them they would have been cataloged (finger printed and photographed) and tossed in the incinerator.

Can you imagine the battle space commander reporting back to Washington "Sorry Sir, we have zero bodies to put in orange jump suits in Gitmo. It seems they all resisted and have been sent to their after life." Gitmo could be a ghost town. Maybe we park a dozen HUMVEEs running in and around the cell blocks and "oops they all died of carbon monoxide poisoning".
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Nothing happened to any of those things for American citizens. It sounds like you want enemy combatants to be given Constitutionally protected rights that are supposed to be for American citizens like the girl in the gym says Obama is doing.

How is giving enemy combatants a civilian trial and saying they should be read Miranda not giving them Constitutional rights they do not deserve? Aren't these all rights afforded to us as citizens? I sure can see how some would see it that way.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 10:12 AM
Lifer

BTW, it amazes me how many people comment on stuff that has been out there on Fox, MSNBC, and many other channels for months now and seem to have no knowledge about the issue.

I hope you guys don't vote, seriously.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement