you couldn't dream up this under Bush - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

you couldn't dream up this under Bush

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist

Navy SEALs have secretly captured one of the most wanted terrorists in Iraq the alleged mastermind of the murder and mutilation of four Blackwater USA security guards in Fallujah in 2004. And three of the SEALs who captured him are now facing criminal charges.

The three, all members of the Navy's elite commando unit, have refused non-judicial punishment called an admiral's mast and have requested a trial by court-martial.

Ahmed Hashim Abed, whom the military code-named "Objective Amber," told investigators he was punched by his captors and he had the bloody lip to prove it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 08:55 PM
Time Served

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

68 Coupe- 351w, Twisted Wedge heads, XE284 cam, T5, disc conversion, former 6 cylinder car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post
(thats right, in a fucking duel with guns, Jackson allowed his oppenent to fucking shoot at him before shooting back). Now we have Obama, who is a little bitch. God damn the presidency of the US is just not the same as it used to be.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

War On Terror my ass

This is what we have come to under Obama.

What will they do to a grunt that actually has to kill someone.

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 09:22 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyro View Post

What will they do to a grunt that actually has to kill someone.
Well the terrorist was probably one of our fearless leaders cousins...
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 10:11 PM
Lifer

Let this be a lesson. When you capture a terrorist, shoot him and make sure he is dead.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama_Queen View Post
Well the terrorist was probably one of our fearless leaders cousins...
Iam sure he is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery'sDad View Post
Let this be a lesson. When you capture a terrorist, shoot him and make sure he is dead.
x187638763666398769873
Shot the mothafucker in the head

post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 11:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANCISCO308 View Post
Iam sure he is....

x187638763666398769873
Shot the mothafucker in the head
Lots less paperwork too!
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 11:55 PM
PAN

It's time to start voting from the rooftops people.

With slingshots this time!
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 11:56 PM
T-MINUS

I'm sure Obama will apologize and bow to this bag of shit.

[email protected] Mike. You're my hero!

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

I really have to wonder what it takes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
It's time to start voting from the rooftops people.
With slingshots this time!
to push people over the edge. I have a feeling insurgencys start when people feel so helpless that they think there is no alternative.

When all hope is lost for the future, when you won't even be able to buy medical care if you have the coin, watching loved ones die when the people incharge withhold treatment, saving all your life for retirement and your savings is worth near zero.

In a country like that, what's to lose?
When liberty and the persuit of happyness is lost, what good is life?

Last edited by jyro; 11-25-2009 at 12:33 AM.
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 12:35 AM
PAN

Quote:
to push people over the edge. I have a feeling insurgencys start when people feel so helpless that they think there is no alternative.

When all hope is lost for the future, when you won't even be able to buy medical care if you have the coin, watching loved ones die when the people incharge withhold treatment, saving all your life for retirement and your savings is worth near zero.

In a country like that, what's to lose?

I know of a handful amongst us that are ready to rock. What it is going to take is a leader, and the trigger of which you speak...
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 07:48 AM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
I know of a handful amongst us that are ready to rock. What it is going to take is a leader, and the trigger of which you speak...
Well, when highly trained people are in jail - leaves amateurs. However, when the highly trained people take you down you can sue for them hitting you or something.

My '03 Sold.
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 08:34 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
Well, when highly trained people are in jail - leaves amateurs. However, when the highly trained people take you down you can sue for them hitting you or something.
OK let talk hypothetically.
If the highly trained people will be targeted first, I'm sure some will come out of it OK. And even if none of them did, there are still 8 million with weapons to protect them selves. That is more people than all of the U.N., U.S., China, and Israel's Military combined by far.

Even the great bear will run from a few hundred bee's. Just something to think about.

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 08:39 AM
Lifer

here is what they are being charged with:

Matthew McCabe, a Special Operations Petty Officer Second Class (SO-2), is facing three charges: dereliction of performance of duty for willfully failing to safeguard a detainee, making a false official statement, and assault.

Petty Officer Jonathan Keefe, SO-2, is facing charges of dereliction of performance of duty and making a false official statement.

Petty Officer Julio Huertas, SO-1, faces those same charges and an additional charge of impediment of an investigation.

they were turned in by 3 other SEALS, the details in the article are vague, but it happened while the terrorist was being held in a jail inside the green zone.

post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 08:51 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

I'm incredibly confused as to what Obama or Bush have to do with any of this. Are you guys serious or are the ludicrous connections you make just a show that you're putting on because you're bored? I'm just throwing this out there, but the sitting President of the United States has little to no impact on how our troops are disciplined and court marshaled.

post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 09:39 AM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
I'm incredibly confused as to what Obama or Bush have to do with any of this. Are you guys serious or are the ludicrous connections you make just a show that you're putting on because you're bored? I'm just throwing this out there, but the sitting President of the United States has little to no impact on how our troops are disciplined and court marshaled.

Lol. Mostly boredom here.

As for the potus, who mentioned him? Actions such as this are generally more of a representation as to how skewed the system as a whole is. Our servicemen and women should NOT face this type of action because they punched an enemy combatant. Period. It's as ridiculous as the two border security guards that shot that scumbag drug dealer going to prison.

Talk as above is more in reference to the wish that we could change the system as a whole back to one that didn't engage in activities like this.
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 09:41 AM
Packin' up...

I think i have more US rights living in the sandbox shooting at US troops.
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 09:48 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Saw this posted on the Red Eye board yesterday and don't know why I didn't post it here. At least someone decided to post it here.

post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 09:48 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Really, he is the commander in chief of all the armed forces, if nothing else these proceedings are happening because of someone he put in power and they know he is to big of a pussy to stand up and stop it which he could. Do you really think this would happen if McCain had been elected?

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 09:52 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark View Post
I think i have more US rights living in the sandbox shooting at US troops.
This is at the very least disturbing.

The troops are not the issue. The elite scum bags are the issue.

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 10:03 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Since you're on here a lot and always come off as thinking you're the smartest person in the room, I just wanted to point out YOUR error. It's court-martial, not court marshal.

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 10:29 AM
Time Served

So they pursue this murdering asshole for over 4 years and get in hot water for a covering up a bloody lip while in custody, but had they just taken care of business while apprehending him in the same manner the SEALs did with the pirate/hostage situation in Somalia this would have never been an issue???

Guess this is about par for the course and fits in perfectly with Obama bowing to leaders of the Asian world recently...

The time to hesitate is through....

Mike Huntzinger
Sales Mgr
[email protected]
817-849-3221
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 10:38 AM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
Since you're on here a lot and always come off as thinking you're the smartest person in the room, I just wanted to point out YOUR error. It's court-martial, not court marshal.

Lol. Started to say something about that as well. Guess he was stoned at the time...
post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 10:55 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
I stand entirely corrected. Thankfully the standards are pretty low on here, so I think I've still got that one in the bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67camino View Post
Really, he is the commander in chief of all the armed forces, if nothing else these proceedings are happening because of someone he put in power and they know he is to big of a pussy to stand up and stop it which he could. Do you really think this would happen if McCain had been elected?
Hell yes it would have happened if McCain was elected. No decision that Obama has made has even had the slightest chance to influence the way the command chain in our armed forces functions. If you really think it has, I'd love for you to point out how that's happened. You're standing on theory, supposition and the blame game; sounds a lot like an Obama supporter.

Last edited by Slowhand; 11-25-2009 at 11:02 AM.
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 11:00 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Lol. Started to say something about that as well. Guess he was stoned at the time...
Oh shit, you got me good, you fucker.

Quote:
As for the potus, who mentioned him?
Man, you've thrown me a curveball now.

Quote:
Oh, and the thread title of "You couldn't dream this up under bush". But we've already proven that I don't have a very firm grasp on the English language, so maybe I don't read too well either.

post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 11:06 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
I stand entirely corrected. Thankfully the standards are pretty low on here, so I think I've still got that one in the bag.

Hell yes it would have happened if McCain was elected. No decision that Obama has made has even had the slightest chance to influence the way the command chain in our armed forces functions. If you really think it has, I'd love for you to point out how that's happened. You're standing on theory, supposition and the blame game; sounds a lot like an Obama supporter.
Obama is the Commander in Chief, not the Pentagon.

That's like not blaming upper management for accounting cooking the books.

post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 11:16 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Nothing good will come out of this no matter how you look at it. The guy will probably get let free since they did not read him his Miranda rights.
But lets play this game real quick. The guy was behind the killing of American citizens but they were contracted by the US military. They were not on a mission to kill, they were transporting food for a catering company. So are they going to bring him back for a trial in the US? That is the only "right" thing to do according to the current administration. Since the guy was assualted by our military he will get off in trial and get reimbursment for pain and suffering. If you are a conservative then you know this is wrong from the beginning. .

Obama needs to step in and pardon these guys. I dont care if they did assualt the guy, he was behind the killing of 4 of us. But he will sit back with his ACLU friends and make sure we are the looking out for the rights of all people of the world. These guys are among the most elite special forces in the world and we want to punish them for giving the guy a f-in bloody lip? This is a joke. I am waiting for snipers to be charged with murder since we did not give them a warning before we shot them.

My thoughts is you lost all your rights when you kill one of us, especially in the way those guys were killed then hung for everyone to see. Instead of rewarding these guys we are looking to court martial them because of a bloody lip?
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 11:19 AM
Packin' up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz007 View Post
This is at the very least disturbing.

The troops are not the issue. The elite scum bags are the issue.
I understand. I'm just saying these people are plotting to kill Americans, but in return one gets punched in the face and it's a big deal.
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Obama is the Commander in Chief, not the Pentagon.

That's like not blaming upper management for accounting cooking the books.
You can say that, but the President is a lot further away (on the chain of command) from those responsible for punishing these soldiers than upper management is from an accounting department.

Besides, what the fuck is the President going to do about this? We've got even bigger issues than we thought if he's getting tied up in isolated incidents of debatable significance within our armed forces. The chain of command was established so that the President doesn't have to deal with these issues.

You can certainly say that this is indicative of the direction we're headed as a nation, but to say that this situation would have been any different under Bush, McCain/Sarah Palin (lolololololololololololololololololololololololol ololol) is purely speculative and also completely off base.

post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 11:25 AM
Token Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark View Post
I understand. I'm just saying these people are plotting to kill Americans, but in return one gets punched in the face and it's a big deal.
Pussification of America is now extending into the military.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 11:35 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
You can say that, but the President is a lot further away (on the chain of command) from those responsible for punishing these soldiers than upper management is from an accounting department.

Besides, what the fuck is the President going to do about this? We've got even bigger issues than we thought if he's getting tied up in isolated incidents of debatable significance within our armed forces. The chain of command was established so that the President doesn't have to deal with these issues.

You can certainly say that this is indicative of the direction we're headed as a nation, but to say that this situation would have been any different under Bush, McCain/Sarah Palin (lolololololololololololololololololololololololol ololol) is purely speculative and also completely off base.
You don't think that in this administration, ideology trumps anything else? Have they not proved that to you yet?!?! You don't think that Obama appointed liberal officials in the Pentagon? You're extremely naive, and not nearly as smart as you think you are if so.

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 11:45 AM
PAN

Quote:

Man, you've thrown me a curveball now.
Lol. Just saying that the title of the thread and posting within it doesn't necessarily mean that everyone believes or supports the entirety of the premise. I think it is more a representation of his administration and their mentality, not that he specifically ordered this. And I really don't think anyone else here believes that he did it either. Hell, at least I hope not...
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 12:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:

I can tell you from first hand experience that when OBAMA stopped funding the "sons of Iraq" the violence escalated and that was a direct order from him. Do you think that taking over 3 months to make a decision about troop levels in Afghanistan is good for moral or the safety of the troops that are already there? Obama and "his team" are living in a pre 9/11 mindset hell they wont even say WAR ON TERROR anymore and if you don't think that this is war then move you slow handed ass to Canada. He is trying to turn every conflict in to a judicial/policing action. He needs to wake the fuck up and realize this is a WAR and fight it that way, this starts by doing what his generals in the field wants and not sticking his wet finger in the air to see which way the political wind is blowing.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 12:43 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by no4njnk View Post
Nothing good will come out of this no matter how you look at it. The guy will probably get let free since they did not read him his Miranda rights.
But lets play this game real quick. The guy was behind the killing of American citizens but they were contracted by the US military. They were not on a mission to kill, they were transporting food for a catering company. So are they going to bring him back for a trial in the US? That is the only "right" thing to do according to the current administration. Since the guy was assualted by our military he will get off in trial and get reimbursment for pain and suffering. If you are a conservative then you know this is wrong from the beginning. .

Obama needs to step in and pardon these guys. I dont care if they did assualt the guy, he was behind the killing of 4 of us. But he will sit back with his ACLU friends and make sure we are the looking out for the rights of all people of the world. These guys are among the most elite special forces in the world and we want to punish them for giving the guy a f-in bloody lip? This is a joke. I am waiting for snipers to be charged with murder since we did not give them a warning before we shot them.

My thoughts is you lost all your rights when you kill one of us, especially in the way those guys were killed then hung for everyone to see. Instead of rewarding these guys we are looking to court martial them because of a bloody lip?

Hammer meet nail.

These are my exact thoughts couldn't have worded any different.
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 06:40 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
You don't think that in this administration, ideology trumps anything else? Have they not proved that to you yet?!?! You don't think that Obama appointed liberal officials in the Pentagon? You're extremely naive, and not nearly as smart as you think you are if so.
No shit he's appointed liberal officials in the Pentagon, but I've yet to see anything that links anyone in the Pentagon directly to this case SO FAR.

What we do know is that they refused a captain's mast which by defintion is to be carried out by a direct commanding officer and I think we can be fairly sure that a commanding officer in the SEAL organization wasn't appointed by Obama. But I don't know, that's just speculation on my part. Maybe Obama is inserting his minions down into the depths of our military.

They're also now going to a court martial which is really the first place where anyone that's been affected by this administration's liberal ideologies could really become a factor.

When information like this comes to the attention of military officials it HAS to be dealt with in some form or fashion. So far as I can tell, you guys are upset that this is being investigated at all which is just completely fucking ridiculous. While I support our military, it's also our duty and our government's duty to keep them accountable for their actions. Douchebag terrorist tells Iraqi authorities who then relay that information to US authorities. How well would it reflect upon our military, our government and the people in each of them if we were to simply sweep this under the rug?

These dudes were given their chance to have non-judicial judgment passed on them by someone that would tend to be much more understanding of their plight and refused it. They've now put themselves into a position where this administration's ideological goals can now be a factor.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement