Insurgencies can never be put down...oh wait - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
The Janitor

Insurgencies can never be put down...oh wait

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8363055.stm

Hell, if the russians can put down the chechnyans by using such tactics as gassing theaters full of hostages and having shootouts at elementry schools, there damn well is hope for us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 03:01 PM
Worship me

Just like occupations never suceed. I like these ideas that liberals come up with in order to justify their bullshit.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 11:14 PM
Lifer

Well than why not talk about how we are gonna 'win' this thing in Afghanistan?
I all for making it happen, but there are serious obstacles.......besides the douchebag president himself.
The only way I see this shit ever happening is three things:

1. Increased pressure on IRAN, A LOT more. They come from there
2. Making PAKISTAN work with us. They hide there, and instability has set in.
3. Getting Afghan leaders to emerge and work together. Yeah fucking right.

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

94 CBR 600 naked, handbraked, -1 +3 sprockets, one wheel operation mod

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
The Janitor

reading about the soviet/russian Alfa Group, their spec ops task force, and read this:

In October 1985, Alfa was dispatched to Beirut, Lebanon, when four Soviet diplomats had been taken hostage by militant Sunni Muslims. By the time Alfa was onsite, one of the hostages had already been killed. The perpetrators and their relatives were identified by supporting KGB operatives, and the latter were taken hostage. Following the standard policy of 'no negotiation', Alfa proceeded to sever some of their hostages' body parts and sent them to the perpetrators with a warning that more would follow if the Russian hostages were not released immediately. The tactic was a success and no other Russian national was taken hostage in the Middle East for the next 20 years,[2] until the 2006 abduction of Russian diplomats in Iraq.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 06:49 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32VfromHell View Post
reading about the soviet/russian Alfa Group, their spec ops task force, and read this:

In October 1985, Alfa was dispatched to Beirut, Lebanon, when four Soviet diplomats had been taken hostage by militant Sunni Muslims. By the time Alfa was onsite, one of the hostages had already been killed. The perpetrators and their relatives were identified by supporting KGB operatives, and the latter were taken hostage. Following the standard policy of 'no negotiation', Alfa proceeded to sever some of their hostages' body parts and sent them to the perpetrators with a warning that more would follow if the Russian hostages were not released immediately. The tactic was a success and no other Russian national was taken hostage in the Middle East for the next 20 years,[2] until the 2006 abduction of Russian diplomats in Iraq.
Snap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 09:08 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by futant View Post
Well than why not talk about how we are gonna 'win' this thing in Afghanistan?
I all for making it happen, but there are serious obstacles.......besides the douchebag president himself.
The only way I see this shit ever happening is three things:

3. Getting Afghan leaders to emerge and work together. Yeah fucking right.
The only thing those animals understand is force. We should force them to work together. We need to "make them an offer they can't refuse." They can't refuse it, cause the alternative is far better than the alternative. Then again, when you get into that type of thing, how far down the road is fascism?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 09:13 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32VfromHell View Post

That's balls out. Capture the terrorist's family members, and then send them arms and legs of their sisters/brothers.

That's how you do it.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Lifer

It's funny how the simplest tactic is also the most effective.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
It's funny how the simplest tactic is also the most effective.
History dictates that the "simplest tactic" is all that the Russians are capable of.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post
History dictates that the "simplest tactic" is all that the Russians are capable of.

Yeah, and the most freaking brutal. There's always the chance that they cut some innocent person's arms off. He could have disagreed with his brother's terrorist ways, but now he has no arms. Think about it, in order for them to actually have been able to capture one of the family members, (without some kind of firefight or something like that) they had to have been just sitting in their houses, or perhaps they were at work. That says that there is at least some chance that they were not in on it, or maybe didn't even know about it. Sure it's possible that they knew about it and even condoned it. But there is always that chance that they didn't. How many of you have had family members that broke the law or went to jail or did something that you would never approve of, but you didn't hear about it till it was already over? Well then just think: If you had been born in that country, then it could have been you... if you ask me the Russians actions are punishable. And that's something I borrowed from the constitution.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 04:39 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
They can't refuse it, cause the alternative is far better than the alternative.
Which alternative is better than which alternative?

Quote:
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
Which alternative is better than which alternative?
It was kind of just a little play on words or something. Basically, I was saying to leave them no other way to go.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 06:22 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

It's only a play on words if it makes sense; otherwise, it's just some dumbass trying to be witty.

Quote:
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 11:44 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Ok. Thanks for that not so relevant point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement