The war on terror.... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

The war on terror....

Been thinking about this a lot lately and do we still think we can win in Afghanistan at this rate with the current tactics?

We defeated the entire German and Japaenese armies in about 5-years back in the early 1940's. Both countries are now our close allies and Americans are free to walk the streets/do business in either place without fear and their citizens may do the same. We have been "at war" with the taliban for over 6-years now with no end in sight. Even if every member of the taliban were to drop dead tomorrow morning American's couldn't set foot in country without getting their head chopped off. My point is I'm starting to think that unless we drastically change tactics it all may be a waste. Indiscriminate carpet bombing is 100% guaranteed or your money back to induces pant shitting fear into anyone and you can break the will of even the most fanatical enemy by killing them or enough people around them. War is hell. You go to win or you don't go at all.

To me you lite up a few of those shit villages in Afghanistan like we did at Tokyo or Dresden back in WWII and the entire thought proccess of the so called "friendlies" will change overnight. Suddenly the $100-200 they get for our patrol locations/routes or planting IED's will seem like a joke and our wishes will be their command. I blame our leadership for the situation we are in right now. One step forward, two steps back. They get their cush job in the pentagon and don't want to rock the boat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Lifer

Barry has no "current tactics". Hell, he won't even send troops that the General HE appointed has requested. This will be Barry's Viet Nam.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #3 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Lifer

Civilian casualties are going to occur in any war that is fought to win. I agree with you, bomb the crap out of any suspected target and worry about whether you were right after the dust settles. If you were, great, but if not, shit happens in war.

post #4 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Yeah ultimatley the president is in charge, but I'm afraid like everything else this will turn into an obama bash fest if we jump to the top right away. Might as well discuss the new camaro or pitbull ownership. Besides the "war" didn't start 1/20/09. I'm more concerned about the lower level generals that dictate mission plans and ROE. How can these assholes look at themsleves in the mirror knowing damn well they are doing just enough to keep both side happy. To me it would seem better to speak the truth about tactics and troop levels, take the heat when you level an entire village, and be able to sleep at night knowing you did what it took to actaully end/win the war. We'd be better off digging up Patton, inventing away to wake him up, and putting him in charge than we will be at the current rate doing what we're doing....
post #5 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Lifer

during WWII we were dealing with first world industrial nations. their motives and their drives were similar to ours. with afghanistan we are dealing with a pre industrial society, goat herders, nomads, ect. they do not have any strategic targets to occupy like bridges, airports, power plants, ect. to occupy. they are content hiding, attacking, and hiding, they are not in any hurry.

but politically, they can fight a war like this forever, we cant. they can hide in pakistan and always come back across the border to attack then go back where we cant do anything. of course if we leave, the talibahn will return to power.

post #6 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

I understand and it sounds like the same mumbo jumbo I keep hearing on TV, but is there anymore hope of winning with our current plans? We let them grow crops which we know are used to make illegal drugs that are then sold to directly fund the enemy. There's our so called "factories". Pissing off a few dozen farmers by scorching their fields seems better to me than a truck load of 7.62 and RPG's in the hands of allahs finest. They will find a way to survive and if they don't, so what?
post #7 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Lifer

Without more troops, they are stymied, period. There are no tactics without troops. Blame who you want, but only Barry can send in more troops.

post #8 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

I agree we need much more troops, but why send them in there with one hand tied behind their back against a pretty much fearless enemy and all the support they can handle? I think a good 5-6 months of heavy bombing in known taliban occupied villages needs to happen first in order to let them know we are now not fucking around. It may sting at first when you see pieces of a 4-year old being carried in a cart on CNN, but at least there would be some fire lit under some asses.
post #9 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 05:59 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

it's an un-winable situation as is. Our strategy is wrong and our efforts are in vain. The Russians learned a difficult lesson over there in the 80s, and now we're (our leaders) too stupid to learn from their mistakes.

Pull out and nuke the site from orbit... and let's bring our guys home to concentrate on issues around here.

mardyn.

R.I.P. James E. Berry 01/03/57-- 01/14/05

post #10 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 06:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk View Post
Civilian casualties are going to occur in any war that is fought to win. I agree with you, bomb the crap out of any suspected target and worry about whether you were right after the dust settles. If you were, great, but if not, shit happens in war.
werd!

RON PAUL '08
post #11 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 06:13 PM
Lifer

We havent learned a damn thing from Vietnam either...same shit different generation. The war is being fought by politicians...not generals and brave soldiers. Until we fight on the terms of the enemy we will keep getting embarassed...and wasting money and American lives.
post #12 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 06:24 PM
Worship me

We haven't even used the lessons we learned in Iraq. Remember "The Surge"? That is where Bush wanted to send 40,000 more troops to Iraq, most of them veterans that had already done a few tours there. I remember it vividly. That is because some of the pieces of shit that are still in office in Washington had the balls to stand up before congress and say that we had already lost the war in Iraq. Anyone remember this?

We've got to stop letting politicians cost American lives to get votes first of all. Secondly we have to let the generals on the ground fight the war and tell the media to get the fuck out of the way.

Right now the generals say they need more boots on the ground. Who the fuck is going to not send reinforcements to an army in the field? Obama probably won't because he is a worthless cocksucker. Then after a few more years of failing he will throw his hands up and say that the war was unwinnable all along. What this idiot doesn't understand is that the way he handles this shit won't be forgotten.
post #13 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 06:34 PM
Lifer

we should get out.period.

if the afgans invaded the us, and we rebelled would we be terrorist?

i don't like the mother fuckers but we are in their back yard.

RON PAUL '08
post #14 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 06:39 PM
You never go full retard

Subscribing.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #15 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Lifer

Remember the Alamo!
post #16 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast83 View Post
we should get out.period.

if the afgans invaded the us, and we rebelled would we be terrorist?

i don't like the mother fuckers but we are in their back yard.
There's a reason we're there, 9/11/2001, in case you forgot.

The war cannot be won they way we are fighting it, just not possible. The second politics get into war it's a lost cause.

SF are worried about getting tried at home for doing the dirty work they were trained for, even they will tell you, " If you send us over there be prepared for us to go over there and clean house, that's our job. We can't go there with our hands and feet tied together by politicians and expect to win." Marcus Luttrell (Lone Survivor: read the book if you haven't, and google this man, he will tell you like it is.)

What we need to do, like previously stated in the thread, is go to town, take care of business, and not worry what anyone else thinks, but in this day and age probably mean the end of the world, but that's JMO.
post #17 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw33 View Post
Been thinking about this a lot lately and do we still think we can win in Afghanistan at this rate with the current tactics?

We defeated the entire German and Japaenese armies in about 5-years back in the early 1940's. Both countries are now our close allies and Americans are free to walk the streets/do business in either place without fear and their citizens may do the same. We have been "at war" with the taliban for over 6-years now with no end in sight. Even if every member of the taliban were to drop dead tomorrow morning American's couldn't set foot in country without getting their head chopped off. My point is I'm starting to think that unless we drastically change tactics it all may be a waste. Indiscriminate carpet bombing is 100% guaranteed or your money back to induces pant shitting fear into anyone and you can break the will of even the most fanatical enemy by killing them or enough people around them. War is hell. You go to win or you don't go at all.

To me you lite up a few of those shit villages in Afghanistan like we did at Tokyo or Dresden back in WWII and the entire thought proccess of the so called "friendlies" will change overnight. Suddenly the $100-200 they get for our patrol locations/routes or planting IED's will seem like a joke and our wishes will be their command. I blame our leadership for the situation we are in right now. One step forward, two steps back. They get their cush job in the pentagon and don't want to rock the boat.
Because that worked oh so well in the 80's
post #18 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 06:57 PM
Time Served

Angry

IMHO- The war on terror was a war started to make money, create ways to obtain power, and as a way to drive public opinion via the media.

I've been to this shit hole twice(Iraq). I could tell you a 100 different ways to speed up the pace for stopping "extremists" and "terrorists". But, no one in the public would want to hear my opinions because they're not "nice" or politically correct. (maybe even against the Geneva convention)

The ROE in this theater are to the point were I'm questioning if there not damn near in favor of the enemy. I wont post specifics due to OPSEC, but its ridiculous.

For the greedy, money and power hungry bankers that control the world, nothing on earth is more profitable than war. This war was created to be sustained, never won. A faceless enemy, with no flag, or "home", can easily be portrayed as anything you want it to be. For, whatever purpose you'd like it to be. Like driving the American sheep to believe whatever there told to believe.( i.e. force used by increasing threat levels, legislation thats for their “own good,” “epidemics") Fear is by far the most motivating emotion in the human psyche.

At least 4,262 U.S. soldiers have died in Iraq, and some reports have put the number of U.S. deaths in Afghanistan at 848. 5110 U.S. soldiers have died in the name of freedom. But also in the pursuit of deeper pockets for the ruling elite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR TINFOIL HAT View Post
No, it's out there though. If you stop chasing that carrot that's held out in front of you for a minute, you might just be able to see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post
Of all times, right now we need to hold our flag high. Stay proud America, and God bless us all.

the above views expressed are those of the individual only and not those of the Department of Defense (or Department of Homeland Security for members of the Coast Guard). DoDD 1344.10, February 19, 2008
post #19 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 10:59 PM
Bullet Sponge

Our ROE over there states we cannot engage anyone in a home or public utility. All they have to do is find a building to shoot from and we cannot engage. We need to level everything an insurgent is found in. Without mercy
post #20 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 11:27 PM
Time Served

I dont do many dissmounted missions. ROE while moving on the city streets, ridiculous.

Quote:
No, it's out there though. If you stop chasing that carrot that's held out in front of you for a minute, you might just be able to see it.
Quote:
Of all times, right now we need to hold our flag high. Stay proud America, and God bless us all.

the above views expressed are those of the individual only and not those of the Department of Defense (or Department of Homeland Security for members of the Coast Guard). DoDD 1344.10, February 19, 2008
post #21 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 12:41 AM
IA2

We are afraid of using our powerful position to rain hell on our enemies.

As a result, we have all of this ambiguity on who is running what. It is a sad situation when the most powerful country on earth cannot simply carpet bomb or whatever it takes to shut down a enemy.
post #22 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 12:50 AM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkde1 View Post
IMHO- The war on terror was a war started to make money, create ways to obtain power, and as a way to drive public opinion via the media.

I've been to this shit hole twice(Iraq). I could tell you a 100 different ways to speed up the pace for stopping "extremists" and "terrorists". But, no one in the public would want to hear my opinions because they're not "nice" or politically correct. (maybe even against the Geneva convention)

The ROE in this theater are to the point were I'm questioning if there not damn near in favor of the enemy. I wont post specifics due to OPSEC, but its ridiculous.

For the greedy, money and power hungry bankers that control the world, nothing on earth is more profitable than war. This war was created to be sustained, never won. A faceless enemy, with no flag, or "home", can easily be portrayed as anything you want it to be. For, whatever purpose you'd like it to be. Like driving the American sheep to believe whatever there told to believe.( i.e. force used by increasing threat levels, legislation thats for their “own good,” “epidemics") Fear is by far the most motivating emotion in the human psyche.

At least 4,262 U.S. soldiers have died in Iraq, and some reports have put the number of U.S. deaths in Afghanistan at 848. 5110 U.S. soldiers have died in the name of freedom. But also in the pursuit of deeper pockets for the ruling elite.
First off, feel free to discuss your dissent on the war. But refrain from doing so in the context of you being a Soldier.

Second, the fight in Afghanistan is nothing like the fight in Iraq. Gen Patreus did in a good job in buying off a whole lot of Iraq, their culture is a whole lot like a mafia and he took advantage of that. Now, all the true "bad guys", the ones who hate us because we aren't them, are in Afghanistan. This is the mission we really set out to complete, we just need to keep transitioning toward it by moving troops from Iraq to Afghanistan...which we are slowwwwlyyyy doing.
post #23 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude View Post
First off, feel free to discuss your dissent on the war. But refrain from doing so in the context of you being a Soldier.

Second, the fight in Afghanistan is nothing like the fight in Iraq. Gen Patreus did in a good job in buying off a whole lot of Iraq, their culture is a whole lot like a mafia and he took advantage of that. Now, all the true "bad guys", the ones who hate us because we aren't them, are in Afghanistan. This is the mission we really set out to complete, we just need to keep transitioning toward it by moving troops from Iraq to Afghanistan...which we are slowwwwlyyyy doing.
thats a similar problem in afghanistan, the talibahn are actually paying 3 times as much as we are paying when it comes to domestic Afghan workers and security personal. they get their money from international drug trafficking. for the US to be success, they are going to have to spend more.

post #24 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 10:29 AM
Lifer

Quote:

This is exactly what it's all about, and you can't say it any better.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #25 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 12:45 PM
Time Served

Quote:
ok, why? I'd think is a pretty good point of view, having been there, and done that and all.

Quote:
agreed! IMO- We had no business coming here in the first place. Afghanistan is were we should be.

Quote:
Quote:

post #26 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 02:09 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Barry has no "current tactics". Hell, he won't even send troops that the General HE appointed has requested. This will be Barry's Viet Nam.

At least he is going after the source.

How many of the 9/11 hijackers were from iraq again ?

You will never win a war against an idealogy.

Vietnam proved that.

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
post #27 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 02:11 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
At least he is going after the source.

How many of the 9/11 hijackers were from iraq again ?
And the commie shows up...LOL!

Your boy has got NOTHING...NADA. He's weak and you know it. How's that "jobless recovery" working out for you? Please, man...

post #28 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 02:15 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Simple question Vertnut

Does Bin laden live in iraq ?

We all know why bush focused on iraq instead of the real problem.

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

post #29 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 02:17 PM
Lifer

Stick to the market. At least you're right some of the time when you do.

post #30 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 02:24 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

What I don't get is with all the technology we have, and with satellites that can see a tennis ball from space. Why can't we pinpoint more specific areas for bin laden's camps ?

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

post #31 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 02:29 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

I better not hear about you selling any houses to people who are claiming the tax credit. It is your duty as a republican to mark up your homes by the credit amount and then return it back to the govt. Surely you don't want to be a contributing factor in all that govt spending.

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

post #32 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

And it begins... Might as well delete this fucker and start another one. I wish there was a way to prevent certain people from dragging the same old shit into every thread started in this section. This isn't directed at just one person either.
post #33 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Simple question Vertnut

Does Bin laden live in iraq ?

We all know why bush focused on iraq instead of the real problem.
What makes you think you get to tell me what I know?
post #34 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 02:47 PM
Lifer

Quote:
And it begins... Might as well delete this fucker and start another one. I wish there was a way to prevent certain people from dragging the same old shit into every thread started in this section. This isn't directed at just one person either.
Don't be a quitter.
post #35 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 02:48 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass View Post
What makes you think you get to tell me what I know?
Because he's the mighty bullet, dammit!

post #36 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 05:08 PM
Lifer

Quote:
What I don't get is with all the technology we have, and with satellites that can see a tennis ball from space. Why can't we pinpoint more specific areas for bin laden's camps ?
Because then the war would end, and our government doesn't want that. Instead they'll find some way to hype up the oooga boooga, and say we need 900,000 more troops, while in the meantime everyone turns a blind eye to the fact that our CIA is looting, oops I mean guarding the poppy fields.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.

Last edited by MR TINFOIL HAT; 11-14-2009 at 06:01 PM.
post #37 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Lifer

I really do find it ironic and tragic that the people who claim the war is not winnable are the ones who would scream about how corrupt we were if we did what was necessary to win it quickly.

There were single days in WWII where 20K American and enemy soldiers died and untold civilians. That unfortunately led to the war ending sooner, but would end up with Americans saying the President was a war criminal if it happened now.

Yes I am speaking to you liberals and Bush haters.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #38 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 02:14 PM
not exclude

Quote:
ok, why? I'd think is a pretty good point of view, having been there, and done that and all.

agreed! IMO- We had no business coming here in the first place. Afghanistan is were we should be.
While it does add credibility to your remarks, but in green you're apolitical.

I think Iraq had it's place at one point in time. When we first went in there, the true bad guys were there. But Gen Patreus has done a good job in getting them out of Iraq. They went back to Afghanistan and now they're stuck between us and the Pakistanis. If we can keep the Pakistani lines from collapsing on their side, maybe we can crush these guys finally.
post #39 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 08:47 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Quote:
While it does add credibility to your remarks, but in green you're apolitical.

I am enlisted. I can have / speak of any opinion in regard to political matters. It might not be in my best intrests. but probably no more that anyone else on this site. We're all being watched. HI C.I.A.!

Quote:
Quote:

post #40 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 08:58 PM
not exclude

Quote:
I am enlisted. I can have / speak of any opinion in regard to political matters. It might not be in my best intrests. but probably no more that anyone else on this site. We're all being watched. HI C.I.A.!
First, it's fairly unprofessional. Second, you can't say anything according to DoD Directive 1344.10.

"The military must remain apolitical and must always observe, indeed hold sacred, the principle of civilian control of the military. We execute policy. We do not make it or advocate for it. And once the decision is made, we move out. That’s what our military does, and we do it well." (July 2009, Joint Force Quarterly)

"We must remain a neutral instrument of national power; apolitical in all that we do and mindful of the greater interests of the country even when, especiatlly when, we take the uniform off at the end of a long career." (June 11, 2009, National Defense University Commencement Ceremony)
post #41 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Bullet Sponge

It's VERY unprofessional for an active duty soldier to post anything against the war. You are there to do a job. Until you take off that uniform, you do the job. A soldier is not political. Since I am retired, I get all the freedoms back that I gave up to do the job.
post #42 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 03:43 AM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:

Amen brutha. I have wanted this all along. I know it's our leadership that is causing the whole problem with us not already being done. What was the name of that damn movie, with richard gere in it, where 3 guys were reporters, and they found the bad guy and turned him over to the guys that killed him? It comes on HBO sometimes, and it was based on a true story. Well, the whole moral of the story was that all the "good guy" governments knew where the bad guy was, but they wanted him alive. They could have had him any time they wanted him. They just didn't want him, cause they had some kind of deal going on.

But then on the other side, I kinda would feel sorry for the innocent people that would fry in the bombing. Mothers and babies burning alive, that kind of thing. I certainly wouldn't want to be responsible for that.
post #43 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 08:03 AM
Lifer

Those babies grow up to be terrorists and the mommas produce them...let em fry.
post #44 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 09:30 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
Amen brutha. I have wanted this all along. I know it's our leadership that is causing the whole problem with us not already being done. What was the name of that damn movie, with richard gere in it, where 3 guys were reporters, and they found the bad guy and turned him over to the guys that killed him? It comes on HBO sometimes, and it was based on a true story. Well, the whole moral of the story was that all the "good guy" governments knew where the bad guy was, but they wanted him alive. They could have had him any time they wanted him. They just didn't want him, cause they had some kind of deal going on.

But then on the other side, I kinda would feel sorry for the innocent people that would fry in the bombing. Mothers and babies burning alive, that kind of thing. I certainly wouldn't want to be responsible for that.
You can't feel sorry for them, that's what the libs/gov want you to feel, so this war gets carried on for a very long time. They would/should get a warning to get out and we bomb the holy shit out of the whole area, and anyone who stays takes that risk.

But on the other hand we've been over there for awhile and should realize it is a possibility of a full blown air strike to be called in. /my .02
post #45 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 09:31 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Quote:
First, it's fairly unprofessional. Second, you can't say anything according to DoD Directive 1344.10.

"The military must remain apolitical and must always observe, indeed hold sacred, the principle of civilian control of the military. We execute policy. We do not make it or advocate for it. And once the decision is made, we move out. That’s what our military does, and we do it well." (July 2009, Joint Force Quarterly)

"We must remain a neutral instrument of national power; apolitical in all that we do and mindful of the greater interests of the country even when, especiatlly when, we take the uniform off at the end of a long career." (June 11, 2009, National Defense University Commencement Ceremony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
It's VERY unprofessional for an active duty soldier to post anything against the war. You are there to do a job. Until you take off that uniform, you do the job. A soldier is not political. Since I am retired, I get all the freedoms back that I gave up to do the job.
They speak the truth, don't take offense to it, they know what they are talking about.
post #46 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 11:03 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Those babies grow up to be terrorists and the mommas produce them...let em fry.
Leave it to Dave to put a tear in my eye.
post #47 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 11:06 AM
Out

Quote:

You're worried about the OPSEC of the specifics of ROE, yet you're bad-mouthing the mission?!?!

Oh ya, way to belittle the cause that your BROTHERS AND SISTERS have died for, faggot.
post #48 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Bullet Sponge

I'd be okay with this being done:

A B2 flies low with loud speakers repeating over and over in Bush's drawl "Hey Afghanies..... if you support Al whatever, stay put. If you like freedom, get out now."

Next day, three B2's drop loads of vaporized pig fat over Afghanistan and then the next day, 20 tactical nukes fry the country.
post #49 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Time Served

I guess everyone is entiltled to their opinion- mine is, this was all started for money and power.

Quote:
Quote:

post #50 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 02:04 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
Leave it to Dave to put a tear in my eye.
Will send you a care package with tissues in it...I couldnt give two shits about those radical muslims. I wish they could all get their 40 virgins tomorrow...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement