How was Obama's "All eyez on me" speech at Ft. Hood? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
T-MINUS

How was Obama's "All eyez on me" speech at Ft. Hood?

Didn't catch it and was curious if it was as warm as his response speech where he eventually got the shooting, from the muslim terrorist?

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Lifer

Didn't watch it, but as Rahm Emanuel says "never let a crisis go to waste" the blaming of guns as the problem has already started. http://biggovernment.com/2009/11/10/...-love-of-guns/

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 04:09 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

It wasn't one of his typical speeches where he ends up talking about his agenda. He pretty much said what needed to be said and that was it.

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Trust me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
It wasn't one of his typical speeches where he ends up talking about his agenda. He pretty much said what needed to be said and that was it.
What a guy!

190 is my autobahn
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Token Troll

Quote:
Color me impressed. I was expecting some fist-bumps and more shout outs...

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 07:08 PM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR TINFOIL HAT View Post
Didn't watch it, but as Rahm Emanuel says "never let a crisis go to waste" the blaming of guns as the problem has already started.

No More Guns on Military Bases!
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Rolling the one fiddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
No More Guns on Military Bases!

Be out there training with paintball guns.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Hustlin'

blood boiling about diverting the issue to "gun control"

Speaking of which, what type of firearm(s) did the damage? I heard he got off ~100 rounds or so.

--Scott

"Jesus has my heart, but Whiskey has my liver" --Jason Boland
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 08:05 PM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoMoCoDriver View Post

Nope! Still guns! Only thrown tennis balls are allowed. If you get hit you have to play dead...
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Hunt James for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoMoCoDriver View Post

you mean like this?

95 Rio Red Cobra#3881
http://obamaclock.org
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 09:34 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by openroadracer3 View Post
you mean like this?

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by openroadracer3 View Post
you mean like this?

Magic 8 ball says "I see a MIB knocking on your door in the very near future"

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Hunt James for President

Quote:
Magic 8 ball says "I see a MIB knocking on your door in the very near future"

oh yeah?

95 Rio Red Cobra#3881
http://obamaclock.org
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 09:57 PM
Lifer

i missed it but i heard some talk about glocks and "hi capacity clips" on the radio.

dumbass's

RON PAUL '08
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Lifer

He never mentioned "terrorist", "terroristic act", or anything else that might offend his muslim brethren...it made me want to puke.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
He never mentioned "terrorist", "terroristic act", or anything else that might offend his muslim brethren...it made me want to puke.
So, is he officially a terrorist sympathizer at this point?

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 10:11 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racewerx View Post
What a guy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX View Post
Color me impressed. I was expecting some fist-bumps and more shout outs...
I do feel the need to qualify that I did not see/hear all of his speech. Here is the speech in its entirity in 3 parts. The end of part 1 jumps to some other part briefly. The beginning of part 2 is the very beginning of the speech, but only for a second, then continues where part 1 left off.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 11:32 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
So, is he officially a terrorist sympathizer at this point?
It's almost like he's afraid to admit an act of terror happened on his watch.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Bullet Sponge

That would mean his appology tour did absolutely nothing but make us look weak.
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 04:45 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post
blood boiling about diverting the issue to "gun control"

Speaking of which, what type of firearm(s) did the damage? I heard he got off ~100 rounds or so.

--Scott
Can't contribute to the thread cause I didn't get to see or hear the speach.

I did find this though:
FN Herstal Five Seven pistol with 20rd mags that had a 10rd extension so 30rds a mag. Fires a 5.7x28 round very fast but light grain same round as the FN P90.
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 10:36 PM
Time Served

If everyone at Fort Hood would've had a gun, he never would've gotten off 100+ rounds, killed 13 and wounded 30+. He'd have been dead long before then, and we wouldn't be worrying about hearing his side of the story either.

Heck, if he wouldn't known everyone in there was armed, he probably wouldn't have had the nads to do it in the first place.
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 09:32 AM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
Heck, if he wouldn't known everyone in there was armed, he probably wouldn't have had the nads to do it in the first place.
I hear what you're saying, but if every soldier is allocated rounds/weapons there would be a lot more stories about soliders killing other soldiers.

Of course, you're going to believe what you want. I just think the reality is that current policy on issuing weapons sucks, but is safe. This one type of incident may not happen, but a lot of other accidents and straight murders would happen.

If you just issue weapons when troops are on-duty and take them away when off-duty, these shootings would be planned when weapons are taken away. When off duty it is common practice for soldiers to drink heavily, and in the civilian world it is illegal to carry when drinking or in a bar - it would be no different for our military.

Just stuff I saw during active duty time PEACE TIME....I could see a lot of troops doing stupid stuff when extremely pissed off. It just seems like the way one behaves when not deployed and the way a person behaves when deployed are totally different. I like the ideas of higher rank carrying and so forth. I'm mainly concerned about the under 21 (which, if I remember right you have to be 21 for a CHL as a civilian as well.) military. A little young and not really "getting it" when it comes to the consequences...yadda...yadda.

My '03 Sold.
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Bullet Sponge

You know, if a soldier REALLY wants to kill another soldier, they just wait till they're at the range, or you know....do what Hasan did.

Soldiers should be able to carry at all times
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 09:02 PM
Time Served

If you're old enough to be enlisted and die for your country then you are old enough to carry a weapon.

I'm so tired of the PC BS that keeps clear thought and rational, realistic policies from ever being echo'd through the halls of our government.

90 GT - Bolt ons - 8.17 @ 173.XX. Original garage queen. '05 FFW Ennis True Street Winner
94 Supra - Big time garage queen
79 FJ40 Landcruiser - 4" lift, LT-1 w/4L60e, and 35's!
'98 Shadow ACE Tourer - 300 miles!
'99 Baja H2X - Water Toy
07 GT500 - Vista Blue w/ White stripes
'93 Cobra - Black on Black, 23K miles!
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Didn't watch it, but as Rahm Emanuel says "never let a crisis go to waste" the blaming of guns as the problem has already started. http://biggovernment.com/2009/11/10/...-love-of-guns/
I like how he blames this on America's "love of guns"...yet he declines to mention the love of 2x4's shown by the wonderful citizens of his and Obama's beloved Chicago!!!

Mike Huntzinger
Sales Mgr
[email protected]
817-849-3221
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
If everyone at Fort Hood would've had a gun, he never would've gotten off 100+ rounds, killed 13 and wounded 30+. He'd have been dead long before then, and we wouldn't be worrying about hearing his side of the story either.

This wasn't a gun problem because there was a gun there, it was a gun problem because there was only ONE gun there.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 09:42 PM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
You know, if a soldier REALLY wants to kill another soldier, they just wait till they're at the range, or you know....do what Hasan did.

Soldiers should be able to carry at all times
I'll post as I did on another forum, that in general we agree just we disagree on the aspect of training and who should carry. I know you're past infantry, but that does not take away from the realistic point of view that it'll change the modern military and how it operates.

Inventory, supervision and training will add another micro-managemetn point of view to the common soldier's daily life.

If it has to be all or nothing, I'll contradict myself and make it so all can carry. Just put good training behind it for the young guys. Remember, support people have a different look on firearms and may not understand the details on their ROE for an on-base shootout.

This is a reason I dig the TX CHL program. The 10 hour training session opens people's eyes to reality of shooting someone. I'd rather see the more matured folks carrying, but if I straight up had to choose, I choose what I mentioned above.

I just think it would be slick to throw the training into PLDC and call it done. I guess it makes just as much sense to throw it into boot camp.

Meh, at the end of the day I WANT to support it. I just really think there will be a lot more problems then solutions with all troops armed 24x7, drunk, sober, happy depress...etc...etc.

Frankly, as a society it needs to be decided...all armed or not? I like the CHL class as mentioned earlier... however, should the whole think be a requirement for it? Should it be optional?

Damned rabbit holes.

My '03 Sold.
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 11:41 PM
Bullet Sponge

Actually, I'm thinking having your personal weapon on you. No micromangament. We're trusted with missiles, tanks, SAWs and landmines, we damned sure can handle our personal weapons.

More problems? There isn't a problem with people carrying. Every day, tens of millions of gun owners carry and in 44 states, they legally open carry. You don't hear about them going crazy and offing people because they have access to a gun. However, those who DO want to harm others aren't really going to be interested in laws against them carrying because you know...they're going to kill someone anyway.
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 09:11 AM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
Actually, I'm thinking having your personal weapon on you. No micromangament. We're trusted with missiles, tanks, SAWs and landmines, we damned sure can handle our personal weapons.
Concur, with training, supervision and all that jazz. In general they don't just throw you in an M1A- and tell ya good luck. Although I disagree on some of your points, like I said if I had a vote....I'd vote all carry.

Also, my decision is more influenced by a little researching and determining that it was a Clinton era thing that caused this to happen as opposed to anything else. Therefore, if it worked at one time it should work now.

However, as I've repeated over and over again I think there should be training for the benefit of the solider. Something along the lines of what TX CHL holder goes through. It's good stuff.

Are you saying only personal carry weapons or the option for a troop to have both?

My '03 Sold.
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 10:26 AM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
Concur, with training, supervision and all that jazz. In general they don't just throw you in an M1A- and tell ya good luck. Although I disagree on some of your points, like I said if I had a vote....I'd vote all carry.

Also, my decision is more influenced by a little researching and determining that it was a Clinton era thing that caused this to happen as opposed to anything else. Therefore, if it worked at one time it should work now.

However, as I've repeated over and over again I think there should be training for the benefit of the solider. Something along the lines of what TX CHL holder goes through. It's good stuff.

Are you saying only personal carry weapons or the option for a troop to have both?
I'm pretty sure that our troops go through MORE firearms training than a CHL holder is required.

post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 11:19 AM
Censored

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that our troops go through MORE firearms training than a CHL holder is required.
Hasan had plenty of training, but all the training in the world doesn't stop crazy. You don't need training to go around shooting people. And you don't need much training to take down a crazy fuck shooting people.

No guns on base, has to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard out of the Military.

Doors Done Rite
post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 12:10 PM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
Wow.

My '03 Sold.
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Bullet Sponge

I'm saying the soldier should be able to carry their own. I hold the 2nd to be inviolate as it is written. If I want my .45 on my hip, I should be able to carry it.

And our weapon training is FAR more intensive than the CHL
post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 01:16 PM
duh...duh....duh

Chasing tails now. Not like our opinions matter anyway.

My '03 Sold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement