Cornyn, John - (R - TX) Class II
517 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-2934
Web Form: http://cornyn.senate.gov/public/inde...ct.ContactForm

Hutchison, Kay Bailey - (R - TX) Class I
284 RUSSELL SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-5922
Web Form: http://hutchison.senate.gov/contact.cfm

In the time it takes to make a post, you can click both of those links and contact your senator.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 06:11 PM
IA2

Done.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Lifer

Thanks

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 06:16 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

done

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Lifer

Done and done. Emailed them both and waiting on a response.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Token Troll

Done.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 06:54 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Done, and done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Clown

Why? Their stance on the HC bill is not in doubt.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
None

Because that's the beauty of the process.

Stand up for what you believe in even if the other person is already on your side.

I don't intend on sitting back on my ass at all, even if the votes are already virtually assured.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Lifer

thanks, just emailed both.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Time Served

Done - Thank you.

While they are both staunchly against it, they need to know they are being supported in that stance.

-Darrell

93 Cobra #199

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Lifer

They are against it. But just for shits and giggles. E-mail them stating your views. Then ask them if they are willing to use the 10th amendment to keep this crap out of Texas.

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Bullet Sponge

I've written Cornyn so often he knows me on a first name basis. Good guy.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 11:11 PM
not exclude

done and done
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 01:15 AM
Lifer

Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 08:54 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

http://noelite.com/blog/entry/the-bi...ates-of-earth/

Governor Rick Perry and Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson are both Bilderberg Group members.

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Lifer

Dear Friend:

Thank you for contacting me about health care reform legislation. I welcome your thoughts and comments.

Texans are particularly aware of the need for health care reform, but it cannot come with a trillion dollar price tag and a government takeover of our health care system. Our state has 5.8 million uninsured residents, the highest percentage of uninsured in the nation. This number poses a huge challenge for our hospitals, taxpayers, and many working individuals and families who cannot afford the health care coverage they need. We need to improve access to affordable health insurance, but I strongly oppose the Democratic proposals.

The President and the Democratic leadership are pursuing a radical approach that will result in increased premiums, higher taxes, penalties, and reduced patient choices. One of the most troublesome aspects of the legislation being considered is the massive government expansion it would enact. I strongly oppose a government-run option. I believe it will inevitably lead to a single-payer system. At a time when our nation is facing a crippling debt and insolvent Medicare program, it defies common sense to create another costly government program.

I am also worried about the cost burden the Democratic health care proposals would impose on small businesses. When so many employers are struggling to offer insurance, we should be finding ways to bring down costs for their coverage. Instead, the Democratic proposals will impose taxes, penalties, and higher premiums. The bills before Congress would also make dramatic cuts to Medicare and hospital reimbursements, threatening patient choices and access.

The right approach to health care reform would be to fix what is broken with our system without destroying what works. I have put forth targeted and fiscally responsible ideas that will, through market-based competition, increase options for coverage and reduce costs. I am the lead co-sponsor of the Health Care Freedom Act of 2009 (S.1324), which would provide tax credits for individuals who purchase their own insurance so that the coverage they buy is portable, would implement nationwide medical malpractice reform, would create a web portal so comparing insurance plans is easier, would allow individuals to purchase insurance across state lines, and would allow states the flexibility to provide coverage for individuals with pre-existing conditions. I am also a strong supporter and cosponsor of bills that would allow small businesses to pool together and purchase insurance, thus spreading risk and reducing their costs. All these approaches have proven to be effective and would lead to more affordable and accessible health insurance.

The Democrats have presented Americans with a false choice: their proposal or nothing. However, there are other better remedies that will actually lower costs, expand access to quality care, and increase patients’ options – without the threat of government control. These other options will keep patients at the center of their health care, and take the bureaucrats out of the equation.

You are among thousands of concerned Texans who have written to express their views on this topic. You may be assured that as health care reform legislation comes for consideration before the full Senate, I will continue fighting against the Democrats’ proposal to enact a government takeover of our health care system.

I appreciate hearing from you, and I hope that you will contact me on any issue that is important to you.

Sincerely,
Kay Bailey Hutchison
United States Senator

284 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
202-224-5922 (tel)
202-224-0776 (fax)
http://hutchison.senate.gov

Quote:
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 06:14 PM
Lifer

I received this today from Senator Cornyn.

Thank you for contacting me about efforts to reform our nation's health care system. The American health care system faces a myriad of complex challenges: rising medical and prescription drug costs, a lack of stable insurance coverage, and a medical bureaucracy that is increasingly difficult to navigate. I appreciate having the benefit of your comments on this important issue.

I am well acquainted with the frustration of many Americans struggling to meet their health care needs within the current cumbersome system, and I understand the urgency to implement sound revisions. According to the Congressional Budget Office (CBO), spending on health care will account for nearly 17 percent of Gross Domestic Product in 2009—totaling as much as $2.6 trillion. Health care costs have more than doubled over the last ten years and far outpaced wage growth, and I believe that meaningful health care reform is very important. However, I believe reform can be achieved by lowering the cost of health care without spending more money and without giving Washington more control over the decisions of doctors and patients.

Health care affects every American and I believe we need to take the time to listen to the patients, providers, families, and small businesses that will be significantly impacted. America has a highly complicated system and it is important to ensure that changes are thoroughly considered and not hastily passed by Congress. It may interest you to learn, that I am helping lead a Senate health reform working group that meets regularly to discuss the most pressing areas for reform in our nation’s healthcare system. It is important that Americans have access to affordable health insurance and therefore, I believe we must reform our health care system, emphasizing individual choice and trusting patients, their families, and their doctors—not lawyers or bureaucrats—to make health maintenance and treatment decisions. I am committed to improving access to quality, affordable health care, and you may be certain that I will keep your views in mind as I work my congressional colleagues, as a member of the Senate Finance Committee, to address this critical issue.

As Congress works to reform our health care system, I will adamantly oppose the creation of a Washington-run government health insurance plan, which I believe is unequivocally a gateway to a single-payer system. I believe that a new government-run health insurance plan will devastate private insurance markets by acting as a competitor, regulator, and funder. Independent estimates have found that such a plan could result in 118 million Americans losing their current health benefits, and leave 130 million Americans to rely on a government-run health care plan. Additionally, I cannot support punitive health benefit taxes on small businesses, which will hurt wages and jobs.

Successful health care reform will put patients in charge, and improve the insurance system so that providers will compete for their business by delivering high quality care at affordable prices. I appreciate having the opportunity to represent the interests of Texans in the United States Senate. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN
United States Senator

517 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Tel: (202) 224-2934
Fax: (202) 228-2856
http://www.cornyn.senate.gov

Please sign up for my monthly newsletter at http://www.cornyn.senate.gov/newsletter.

PLEASE NOTE:

Quote:

Last edited by Mustangman_2000; 12-01-2009 at 01:22 AM.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 11:55 PM
PAN

Funny, I got carbon copies of both those responses for my efforts...
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 01:09 AM
Lifer

Oh, it's definitely a canned letter. However, every little bit helps. It's good for them to know they do have support from active voters regarding our aversion to the Obamacare bill.

Quote:
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 01:17 AM
Time Served

Location: Pushing shakes and burgers to the hungry people of Denton, Tx
I dont know much about the reform but I thought I heard something about being fined if you dont carry health insurance!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement