Stereotyping Muslims - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
you m-m-m-m-make me happy
 
stinginstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,644
Stereotyping Muslims

What's the answer? I don't want to deprive anyone of their civil rights, but there have been three instances in recent memory where Muslims Killed US service members.

1) the guy who threw the grenade into the barracks over in the mideast
2) the shooting outside a recruiting station about 6 months ago
3) the Ft Hood massacre

How many more service people do we need to die before we take their treasonous statements as just that - treason?
stinginstang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Lifer
 
Lason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: arlington
Posts: 11,144
No I do not think its right to stereotype them. As much as it sucks, for every "terrorist" muslim there is many that arent.

On that same note though, the muslim community needs to stand up and do something about it and show terrorist they dont want to be associated with them and do something other than get on the news everytime something happens and "condemn" it.
Lason is offline  
post #3 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 02:19 PM
T-MINUS
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,540
Read my response in the back porch Ft. Hood thread.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams


Sean88gt is offline  
 
post #4 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Lifer
 
Mustangman_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 8,912
I think racial profiling can save lives and reduce crime. Ugly thing to say, but I feel it's the truth looking at the statistics.

I think several events leading back to 9/11 serves as ample evidence there is an uncertainty factor regarding Muslims/People of Islamic faith. It's a radical religion and that invites disaster. I think political correctness is compromising our safety. I think there is a concern these days about anyone pointing a finger at a minority. People cry racism at the drop of a hat these days and the Government wants no part of that accusation. If you look at the crime data not related to terrorism you can see a justification for the argument that racial profiling could reduce crime.

The truth hurts. People don't like to hear it. We all want to pretend that stereotypes lack foundation and just perpetuate prejudice. Wrong. Stereotypes contain facts as well exaggeration and satire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Mustangman_2000 is offline  
post #5 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Lifer
 
Lason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: arlington
Posts: 11,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
I think racial profiling can save lives and reduce crime. Ugly thing to say, but I feel it's the truth looking at the statistics.

I think several events leading back to 9/11 serves as ample evidence there is an uncertainty factor regarding Muslims/People of Islamic faith. It's a radical religion and that invites disaster. I think political correctness is compromising our safety. I think there is a concern these days about anyone pointing a finger at a minority. People cry racism at the drop of a hat these days and the Government wants no part of that accusation. If you look at the crime data not related to terrorism you can see a justification for the argument that racial profiling could reduce crime.

The truth hurts. People don't like to hear it. We all want to pretend that stereotypes lack foundation and just perpetuate prejudice. Wrong. Stereotypes contain facts as well exaggeration and satire.

So your saying possibly Hitler was onto something with racially and religiosly profiling people? Pretty much the same thing right?
Lason is offline  
post #6 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Token Troll
 
GhostTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Sherman
Posts: 4,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lason View Post
On that same note though, the muslim community needs to stand up and do something about it and show terrorist they dont want to be associated with them and do something other than get on the news everytime something happens and "condemn" it.
Which I have yet to see.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
GhostTX is offline  
post #7 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Lifer
 
Mustangman_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 8,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lason View Post
So your saying possibly Hitler was onto something with racially and religiosly profiling people? Pretty much the same thing right?
Hitler was a megalomaniacal sociopath that was committed genocide. That's not quite the type of profiling I am speaking of.

I think since '93 and '01 WTC events and all subsequent acts like Ft. Hood, we certainly have evidence that Muslim/Islam is a radical religion that instills martyrdom against U.S. interests.

I think that warrants racial profiling to some degree. I'm not talking about checkpoints or instituting a Gestapo. Using the PA and it's power to continue doing what it's doing, but with less hesitancy that we saw with the Hasan. Just as in his case, he should have immediately questioned and detained when blogging about glorifying suicide bombers being an officer in U.S. Army. He should have been questioned/counseled and certainly not allowed to continue on with his day to day on base. He should have been court martial-ed IMO . Instead he snapped and committed mass murder because the FBI was so lackadaisical in their investigated process regarding him. Who pays? U.S. soldiers and their families. Not cool. And definitely not right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Mustangman_2000 is offline  
post #8 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 03:21 PM
duh...duh....duh
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ES BEER
Posts: 9,543
We all profile, just can't admit it.

My '03 Sold.
ceyko is offline  
post #9 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Lifer
 
Lason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: arlington
Posts: 11,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
Hitler was a megalomaniacal sociopath that was committed genocide. That's not quite the type of profiling I am speaking of.

I think since '93 and '01 WTC events and all subsequent acts like Ft. Hood, we certainly have evidence that Muslim/Islam is a radical religion that instills martyrdom against U.S. interests.

I think that warrants racial profiling to some degree. I'm not talking about checkpoints or instituting a Gestapo. Using the PA and it's power to continue doing what it's doing, but with less hesitancy that we saw with the Hasan. Just as in his case, he should have immediately questioned and detained when blogging about glorifying suicide bombers being an officer in U.S. Army. He should have been questioned/counseled and certainly not allowed to continue on with his day to day on base. He should have been court martial-ed IMO . Instead he snapped and committed mass murder because the FBI was so lackadaisical in their investigated process regarding him. Who pays? U.S. soldiers and their families. Not cool. And definitely not right.

What about US "japanese interment camps" of WWII?

We are all going to stereotype to a certain degree. If I get on a plane and I see a couple white people get on followed by a couple black people then maybe an asain or two I wont even pay attention. A guy with a thick beard and a rag on his head gets on and it will raise eye brows all over. But you cant stereotype an entire religion over the acts of some. Its been done and obviously it horrendous (sp?) and shouldnt even be thought about. Even if national security is at stake. There should be better ways around it and I believe the best is making the muslim community aware of what the consenquences will be of harboring these people and make them realize that they need to turn their backs on them instead. I know, I know. Good luck with that one.
Lason is offline  
post #10 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 06:27 PM
The land of no ho racing
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 655
I would assume that if the good muslims were for peace and all that crap they say they are then they would reveal the bad ones. The thing is that they believe the same crap. The difference is that one muslim is willing to act on it and the other is the one that preaches a peacefull religion. At the end of the day they all open the same book, and read the same material that it presents. In my opinion they are all bad. At school I have got on thier level and talked to them to see what it is they believe and ask what the difference was between them and a radical. I asked questions with an open mind. They are crazy for half the shit they believe.
AllStockRacer is offline  
post #11 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 07:28 PM
dee
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,188
The only prolem with "profiling" muslims is that they will just go underground, despite the fact that they live in the dark ages their not entirely stupid. That being said profiling happens all the time in law enforcement and it works out for the good so why not on muslims.
dee is offline  
post #12 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 10:21 PM
PAN
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 20,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lason View Post
..If I get on a plane and I see a couple white people get on followed by a couple black people then maybe an asain or two I wont even pay attention. A guy with a thick beard and a rag on his head gets on and it will raise eye brows all over...

Not me. I'd be watching the black guys cause you know damn well they're gonna start robbing people and raping white womenz as soon as the plane takes off...
Fox466 is offline  
post #13 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Hustlin'
 
ScottJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Unknown
Posts: 8,099
Practicing muslim = risk. Degree of risk depends on conviction, follower interpretation, and leadership influence. Their holy book is interpreted by many that follow it, as a license to cleanse infidel's with death. In 2009:

if

[x] muslim

then

[x] risk assessment


IMO, The "moderate" muslim has not yet been fully convicted of their greater call, and that is to remove non-believers from the face of the earth. I came to this opinion after interpreting their holy texts for myself, which is the only non-biased way I can think to form an opinion.

muslims that are convicted to the greater cause, kill moderate muslims, and their holy text encourages this.

Study islam, and make your own judgment.

In 2009, absolutely profile muslims. Its a critical tool to hedge the risk of a muslim about to kill. You would conduct a risk assessment when considering one of several financial investments, why would you not do the same when selecting soldiers to represent your country?


I believe Islam IS WITHOUT A DOUBT a component of the tragedy which occurred at Fort Hood. A person's belief system influences everything they do, despite how "mentally unstable" or "crazy" someone is said to be.

I'm not trying to convince anyone here what to believe, just sharing the logic behind what I believe. Everyone should examine the evidence and come to their own conclusion.


--Scott

"Jesus has my heart, but Whiskey has my liver" --Jason Boland
ScottJ is offline  
post #14 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Banned
 
DOHCTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Waco
Posts: 5,539
Islam has always been a thorn in the Western World's side. I say amp up our effort in the middle East to a full scale crusade and just be done with it.
DOHCTR is offline  
post #15 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,089
we live in a free and equal country where individual's right are protected and guaranteed. its not perfect, but its the best there is.

cannonball996 is offline  
post #16 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Racial profiling saves lives!
Denny is offline  
post #17 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Banned
 
DOHCTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Waco
Posts: 5,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
we live in a free and equal country where individual's right are protected and guaranteed. its not perfect, but its the best there is.
Netherlands and New Zealand have it down a little better than we do. They have the, "if we dont like you, fuck you" policy. NZ is even paying poor dumbasses not to have kids.

Last edited by DOHCTR; 11-09-2009 at 11:05 AM.
DOHCTR is offline  
post #18 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 10:56 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
we live in a free and equal country where individual's right are protected and guaranteed. its not perfect, but its the best there is.
No it's not. When your beliefs affect me, they should NOT be protected OR guaranteed. Fuck a bunch of that shit.
Denny is offline  
post #19 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 11:04 AM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Fuck muslims, all muslims. I wish death and famine on anyone of the religion.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #20 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
No it's not. When your beliefs affect me, they should NOT be protected OR guaranteed. Fuck a bunch of that shit.
like I said its not perfect, but you do have the right to protect yourself and you should

cannonball996 is offline  
post #21 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 11:13 AM
Bullet Sponge
 
forever_frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cooper, Tx
Posts: 3,142
I know. I love that country and spent a lot of time there while I was dating the wife.
forever_frost is offline  
post #22 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Num say'n? (tm)
 
JP135's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5,702
Until muslims decide to distance themselves from and identify the terrorists among them I will not trust them. If that offends some, so be it.

DFWMustangs.net
JP135 is offline  
post #23 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 11:22 AM
Lifer
 
89gt-stanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Keller
Posts: 2,692
Don't we already have enough reason to stereotype them? They say they are unfairly targeted and are scapegoats for terrorist attacks. I wonder why? It is because they are crazy and are the ones who do account for most terrorist attacks.

It's not that they are "different", it's that they are wrong and psycho.


I can honestly say, I do not trust Muslims, I do like them at all.

NO NO NO, it should be DFWLS1's, CUMMINS, C6 VETTES.net
89gt-stanger is offline  
post #24 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 11:26 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
I think racial profiling can save lives and reduce crime. Ugly thing to say, but I feel it's the truth looking at the statistics.
That's ridiculous. How many crimes are done on a daily basis by Christians? Going to start profiling them too? Where does it end?

As I said in the other thread, there are Muslim Americans who live among us everyday. A small percentage of a large group of people do not speak for the masses.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #25 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 11:33 AM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
That's ridiculous. How many crimes are done on a daily basis by Christians? Going to start profiling them too? Where does it end?

As I said in the other thread, there are Muslim Americans who live among us everyday. A small percentage of a large group of people do not speak for the masses.
Yes it does. The leaders of this religion, which are a small percentage, are calling for the death of 'infidels' and Americans.

I don't know about you, but I haven't seen ANY christian leaders speaking lately to kill all non-christians.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #26 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 11:35 AM
EW
Procrastination Racing
 
EW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 9,226
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091109/...t_hood_muslims

WASHINGTON – The personal Web site for a radical American imam living in Yemen who had contact with two 9/11 hijackers is praising alleged Fort Hood shooter Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan as a hero.
The posting Monday on the Web site for Anwar al Awlaki, who was a spiritual leader at two mosques where three 9/11 hijackers worshipped, said American Muslims who condemned the attacks on the Texas military base last week are hypocrites who have committed treason against their religion.
Two U.S. intelligence officials told The Associated Press the Web site was Al Awlaki's. They spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence collection.
Anwar said the only way a Muslim can justify serving in the U.S. military is if he intends to "follow in the footsteps of men like Nidal."


This says it all.
EW is offline  
post #27 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Hustlin'
 
ScottJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Unknown
Posts: 8,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Yes it does. The leaders of this religion, which are a small percentage, are calling for the death of 'infidels' and Americans.

I don't know about you, but I haven't seen ANY christian leaders speaking lately to kill all non-christians.

Stevo
Ya, not lately so much. Plenty of slaughter has been done in the name of Christianity however in history.

As for today, modern times, IMO Islam carries a higher level or risk.

Quote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091109/...t_hood_muslims

WASHINGTON The personal Web site for a radical American imam living in Yemen who had contact with two 9/11 hijackers is praising alleged Fort Hood shooter Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan as a hero.
The posting Monday on the Web site for Anwar al Awlaki, who was a spiritual leader at two mosques where three 9/11 hijackers worshipped, said American Muslims who condemned the attacks on the Texas military base last week are hypocrites who have committed treason against their religion.
Two U.S. intelligence officials told The Associated Press the Web site was Al Awlaki's. They spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence collection.
Anwar said the only way a Muslim can justify serving in the U.S. military is if he intends to "follow in the footsteps of men like Nidal."


This says it all.
What he said.

"Jesus has my heart, but Whiskey has my liver" --Jason Boland
ScottJ is offline  
post #28 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Lifer
 
5point0pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Fuck muslims, all muslims. I wish death and famine on anyone of the religion.

Stevo
Ah, as Christ said

Working on my project Stang
5point0pony is offline  
post #29 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 11:56 AM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5point0pony View Post
Ah, as Christ said
Prove it. And, while you are at it, find ANY proof of ANY christian leader calling for a 'jihad' against muslims in the last 5 years.

Do it, or shut the fuck up boy and let the grown men talk.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #30 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
That's ridiculous. How many crimes are done on a daily basis by Christians? Going to start profiling them too? Where does it end?

As I said in the other thread, there are Muslim Americans who live among us everyday. A small percentage of a large group of people do not speak for the masses.
Find ANYWHERE that calls for Muslims to live in peace with infidels (that is what Islam calls anyone who is not Muslim). Don't be blind and wait to be a victim, Steve.
Denny is offline  
post #31 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kris View Post
How are some muslims ? innocent ? when they follow a religion that wants anyone who is not muslim dead.
That is exactly what their belief is. If they are a true follower, they want you to either convert or die.
Denny is offline  
post #32 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Canada is welcome here.
 
justinsn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ft worth
Posts: 4,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lason View Post
So your saying possibly Hitler was onto something with racially and religiosly profiling people? Pretty much the same thing right?
This is the kind of attitude that holds us back from really being able to take down the problem, in the end costing even more lives. Yeah Hitler was nuts. Doesn't mean we have to be just cause we use racial profiling. Stereotypes don't just magically appear out of happy fairy magic faggit land. They are real cause there is truth in their existence. Why not use that to your advantage? If you can't see the difference between that, and a deathcamp, you're a retard, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
We all profile, just can't admit it.

I admit it. So one race is more prone to --insert behavior here-- than another. Who gives a shit? Blacks like watermelon and fried chicken. More power to 'em. Mexicans like lowriders, gay tatoos, and to have 100 kids. So what. Does that make me a racist cause I have eyes that can see? Not at all. I really don't have a problem with either of em. As I have said before, some of my best friends are mexicans. I even asked em why they have so many kids... was it so they could always be poor? lol
justinsn95 is offline  
post #33 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 12:43 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 544
So a redneck, a jew, a latino, and a brother from the hood hijak a TWA airliner and kill the pilot and 6 passenger..... they then go and blow up the US barracks in Lebanon killing 242, then they go and blow up the world trade center by flying airplanes into it killing 3025, then they into a recruiting station firing away, then they go to Fort Hood at the medical processing facility and kill 13 people, these same guys captured and killed a group of Israeli athletes during the '72 Olympics, these same dudes attacked the US embassy in Beruit killing 63, they blew up the US embassy in Kenya too, and they set of numerous car bombs and initiated a wave of suicide bomb attacks the likes of which have never been seen.....

NO, it's always a group of middle eastern muslims. Is that my fault? No, it's theirs. They need to clean up their own houses, and if they aren't willing to then they can't cry if someone else does some sweeping for them.

They stereotyped themselves and continue to do it day in and day out. You can't blame that on anyone else.
AnthonyS is offline  
post #34 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 12:45 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
Find ANYWHERE that calls for Muslims to live in peace with infidels (that is what Islam calls anyone who is not Muslim). Don't be blind and wait to be a victim, Steve.
I saw a Muslim family in the grocery store this evening. In their full dress no less. They were polite and friendly. They didn't bother me, didn't attack me, didn't curse me. Just being ordinary citizens minding their own buisness.

Now why should I bother them with hate? I choose to believe in the greater good in people until given reason otherwise. This doesn't make me a victim. I've seen you post numerous times in your religous forum about being a loving and forgiving Christian. I'm not even religous at all, don't share many of your beliefs (respectfully I mean all of this of course) but wouldn't the Christian thing of you (or just human kindness) to be those things?

It's a religion filled with hate, I get that. Doesn't mean I need to be drawn into it. Just because other people believe in something from a religous standpoint, doesn't always make it true. Isn't reactiing to their religious fueled nonsense with more violence take us closer to being like them?

As I have said a few times, I don't have the answers what to do about the war. Those are very tough decisions to made with no good answer no matter what is done. But here, at home. I won't stoop to their level.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #35 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 12:52 AM
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
At this point I really don't give a shit if I offend/stereotype a muslim or not. Stereotypes exist for a reason.

Many of them have shown wanton disregard for US citizens, and it just continues. Ft hood comes to mind. Allahu akbar indeed.

The silence of the muslim community speaks volumes.

So cry me a river if rashid is offended.

Last edited by mikeb; 11-10-2009 at 12:59 AM.
mikeb is offline  
post #36 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 07:02 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
I saw a Muslim family in the grocery store this evening. In their full dress no less. They were polite and friendly. They didn't bother me, didn't attack me, didn't curse me. Just being ordinary citizens minding their own buisness.

Now why should I bother them with hate? I choose to believe in the greater good in people until given reason otherwise. This doesn't make me a victim. I've seen you post numerous times in your religous forum about being a loving and forgiving Christian. I'm not even religous at all, don't share many of your beliefs (respectfully I mean all of this of course) but wouldn't the Christian thing of you (or just human kindness) to be those things?

It's a religion filled with hate, I get that. Doesn't mean I need to be drawn into it. Just because other people believe in something from a religous standpoint, doesn't always make it true. Isn't reactiing to their religious fueled nonsense with more violence take us closer to being like them?

As I have said a few times, I don't have the answers what to do about the war. Those are very tough decisions to made with no good answer no matter what is done. But here, at home. I won't stoop to their level.
Your religious beliefs, or lack thereof, don't matter to muslims. You're an "infidel" if you're not muslim, which means, ultimately, they want you dead. There are people I see occasionally, that I dislike, but act civil towards. They patient in their endeavors (remember, they planned 9/11 for many years), and have a different "clock" than we do. As an example of this, France has become 1/3 muslim in a very short time, and the majority don't work or contribute to their society. They live off their socialized system. Since it's the fastest growing religion on earth, estimates I've seen show that Europe will be 50% muslim in 30 years.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #37 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 08:54 AM
Hustlin'
 
ScottJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Unknown
Posts: 8,099
I'd dare say, most converts to Islam don't "understand" the greater call, to erase infidels.

Despite that ignorance, that's the goal, and the week mind is easily influenced.

Converts are seduced by the peaceful front end of Islam. They are promised virgins, and enlightenment. Man's selfish nature is attracted to this.

Add enough time (leaders are patient) and a week mind, and you can groom a muslim to jihad.

It confuses me that organized groups of westernized muslims can ignore this, and "disassociate" with the "extremists". These people are practicing a bastardized form of Islam, which infuriates TRUE muslim's.

"Jesus has my heart, but Whiskey has my liver" --Jason Boland
ScottJ is offline  
post #38 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
you m-m-m-m-make me happy
 
stinginstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post

It confuses me that organized groups of westernized muslims can ignore this, and "disassociate" with the "extremists". These people are practicing a bastardized form of Islam, which infuriates TRUE muslim's.
That's what bothers me. I was told that my actions reflected on my parents. When we went out of town for High School sporting events, it was made clear that our actions reflected on our town.

I wish I could find a segment last night from the Joy Behar show. She had a Muslim who was a retired Naval officer. He got it. He said this is a problem that Muslims must fix themselves. Their inactivity and failure to vehemently denounce these activities certainly plays a role in all of this. They have to work more aggressively with mosques and in their communities to stamp out the ideology. It was more than Joy Behar wanted to hear. She wanted so desperately to distance Nidal from Islam. One of the surviving shooting victims from Ft. Hood stated to a CNN correspondent that Nidal yelled Allah Akbhar before firing. Behar asked the correspondent, "Are you sure he really heard that and isn't repeating something he was told"? WTF!!!! Even the "mainstream" media is trying to let them off the hook.
stinginstang is offline  
post #39 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 09:37 AM
Hustlin'
 
ScottJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Unknown
Posts: 8,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinginstang View Post
... One of the surviving shooting victims from Ft. Hood stated to a CNN correspondent that Nidal yelled Allah Akbhar before firing. Behar asked the correspondent, "Are you sure he really heard that and isn't repeating something he was told"? WTF!!!! Even the "mainstream" media is trying to let them off the hook.
Right,

The threat is rooted in religious conviction, it always has been.

The real trick is to contain the followers of Islam, with our countries position on "religious freedom".

"Jesus has my heart, but Whiskey has my liver" --Jason Boland
ScottJ is offline  
post #40 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
I saw a Muslim family in the grocery store this evening. In their full dress no less. They were polite and friendly. They didn't bother me, didn't attack me, didn't curse me. Just being ordinary citizens minding their own buisness.

Now why should I bother them with hate? I choose to believe in the greater good in people until given reason otherwise. This doesn't make me a victim. I've seen you post numerous times in your religous forum about being a loving and forgiving Christian. I'm not even religous at all, don't share many of your beliefs (respectfully I mean all of this of course) but wouldn't the Christian thing of you (or just human kindness) to be those things?

It's a religion filled with hate, I get that. Doesn't mean I need to be drawn into it. Just because other people believe in something from a religous standpoint, doesn't always make it true. Isn't reactiing to their religious fueled nonsense with more violence take us closer to being like them?

As I have said a few times, I don't have the answers what to do about the war. Those are very tough decisions to made with no good answer no matter what is done. But here, at home. I won't stoop to their level.
What does your grocery adventure have to do with what they believe?!?! I've stood in the presence of known terrorists and they didn't do anythong to harm me. Should I invite them to Christmas Dinner?
Denny is offline  
post #41 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
At this point I really don't give a shit if I offend/stereotype a muslim or not. Stereotypes exist for a reason.

Many of them have shown wanton disregard for US citizens, and it just continues. Ft hood comes to mind. Allahu akbar indeed.

The silence of the muslim community speaks volumes.

So cry me a river if rashid is offended.
I'm right there; except I hope I DO offend every last one of them. I want them to be so offended by me and people like me, that they sgag up and leave.
Denny is offline  
post #42 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 11:00 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
What does your grocery adventure have to do with what they believe?!?! I've stood in the presence of known terrorists and they didn't do anythong to harm me. Should I invite them to Christmas Dinner?
Of course not. But not all Muslims are terrorists either. Just because their religion misguides them, doesn't make them terrorists. Islam is one of the biggest religions in the world. Clearly, not all of them are acting on the hate preached to them.

I know you think that I am naive in this train of thought, but going through life hating them would make me just like them. I'm not going to do that.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #43 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 11:17 AM
duh...duh....duh
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ES BEER
Posts: 9,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
Of course not. But not all Muslims are terrorists either. Just because their religion misguides them, doesn't make them terrorists. Islam is one of the biggest religions in the world. Clearly, not all of them are acting on the hate preached to them.

I know you think that I am naive in this train of thought, but going through life hating them would make me just like them. I'm not going to do that.
But I'll assume you won't want us (people who do not believe just like you) all dead and start blowing up shit.

My '03 Sold.
ceyko is offline  
post #44 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Token Troll
 
GhostTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Sherman
Posts: 4,101
I have a co-worker that's Muslim. I give him sh*t nearly every day that he doesn't have enough bacon in his diet...

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
GhostTX is offline  
post #45 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Chuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Providence Village
Posts: 4,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
I saw a Muslim family in the grocery store this evening. In their full dress no less. They were polite and friendly. They didn't bother me, didn't attack me, didn't curse me. Just being ordinary citizens minding their own buisness.
Don't kid yourself, Steve. They were all strapped under those durka gowns.

Looks like a muslim, sounds like a muslim, smells like a muslim...probably a terrorist.


Chuck
2001 Black Bullitt (For Sale)
2009 Black JK Unlimited X, M6, 35's
www.imboc.com
Rob (Tweakd) Memorial 3/13/05
Chuck is offline  
post #46 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 12:06 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
But I'll assume you won't want us (people who do not believe just like you) all dead and start blowing up shit.
I'm sure it's a rough stereotype for them to live by and it's understandable why some feel that way. But as with most stereotypes, they are completely full of shit and only apply to a small number of people.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #47 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 12:06 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Don't kid yourself, Steve. They were all strapped under those durka gowns.

Looks like a muslim, sounds like a muslim, smells like a muslim...probably a terrorist.

Apparently.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #48 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
Of course not. But not all Muslims are terrorists either. Just because their religion misguides them, doesn't make them terrorists. Islam is one of the biggest religions in the world. Clearly, not all of them are acting on the hate preached to them.

I know you think that I am naive in this train of thought, but going through life hating them would make me just like them. I'm not going to do that.
Not hatred, not fear... but AWARENESS.

The person committing the act of terrorism isn't the only terrorist. Anyone who supports those people in any way are also. We have many among us. Supporting with what they do OR DON'T DO, emotional support, financial support, logistical support, BREEDERS, intelligence, influence, etc.

I, for one, will not be waiting around for something to happen, just to go into a reactive mode.
Denny is offline  
post #49 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
I'm sure it's a rough stereotype for them to live by and it's understandable why some feel that way. But as with most stereotypes, they are completely full of shit and only apply to a small number of people.
Can you give us a ROUGH percentage and something to back up your claim? Until then, I'll go with what MOST of their leadership preaches and "the innocent ones" lack of speaking out against these acts as my answer.
Denny is offline  
post #50 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Canada is welcome here.
 
justinsn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ft worth
Posts: 4,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
I saw a Muslim family in the grocery store this evening. In their full dress no less. They were polite and friendly. They didn't bother me, didn't attack me, didn't curse me. Just being ordinary citizens minding their own buisness.
Of course they are nice to you in person, LOL. What do you think, that they are going to tell you about it? Hell no dude. They can't, or their plans will never come to fruition. So they damn well better be nice. Not to mention that if he was a terrorist, then he would likely shake your hand and smile minutes before he blew you and your family to hell, if it meant he would get to do it. You don't realize that you are dealing with some of the worst scum on the face of the earth, here. Who else would willingly blow up innocent people? You might be nice and act cordial when you don't intend to harm someone, but that does not mean by a long shot that someone else wouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
Now why should I bother them with hate? I choose to believe in the greater good in people until given reason otherwise. This doesn't make me a victim. I've seen you post numerous times in your religous forum about being a loving and forgiving Christian. I'm not even religous at all, don't share many of your beliefs (respectfully I mean all of this of course) but wouldn't the Christian thing of you (or just human kindness) to be those things?
Yeah love and forgive the guy that kills people cause he thinks he's going to get some kind of reward for it. And you're wrong about it not making you a victim. It could directly lead to it. You might want to watch what you say around here, to be honest. You are starting to sound more and more liberal by the day. And you know how we all feel about liberals...


Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
As I have said a few times, I don't have the answers what to do about the war. Those are very tough decisions to made with no good answer no matter what is done. But here, at home. I won't stoop to their level.
I can respect not wanting to stoop to their level. Although, to do so, you would need to kill a bunch of people for no reason. However, I remain convinced that the only reason we even have a problem with them is because we allow ourselves to have a problem with them. We won't round em all up and send em on home. I say if the libs want em here so bad, let them kill the libs every time they do this shit, instead of people that have some common sense. Cause they are the only ones keeping them here. The govt would do the easiest, cheapest thing they could...if they could. Which would be to send em home. But they can't cause it would hurt someone's feelings. The Russians come to mind. They shit all over these people for how long? And how many russian buildings got blown up, (due to islamic terrorism) and how many bases got their troops shot up? Oh yeah... none. I think the evidence speaks for itself here.
justinsn95 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome