Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Discuss.

Stevo
Barry's magic tricks aren't working?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Worship me

Thank God Obama saved those 650K jobs or we would really be in trouble!!

post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
Saved or "created"...LOL!

post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Lifer

It sucks, 1 in 10 people are unemployed and the 1 person we wish was unemployed (Obama) still has his job!
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lason View Post
It sucks, 1 in 10 people are unemployed and the 1 person we wish was unemployed (Obama) still has his job!
don't worry, he will take another vacation next week... and the week after next...

big pimpin...

post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkgaijin View Post
don't worry, he will take another vacation next week... and the week after next...

big pimpin...
Don't forget about him brushing up on that golf game!

post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
makin' bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lason View Post

Actually, it;s more than that, 1 in 10 Americans are actively on unemployment... the number doesn't count those want/need to work that are un-employed and NOT on unemployment.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Token Troll

Quote:
No doubt! We'd be at 10.21% otherwise!

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Time Served

yup... that poor Obama had to inherit this mess of an economy...
if people would just let him socialize the country everything would be ok and we would all be equal and working (for the state) and it would all be better!
post #11 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_aoc View Post

if people would just let him socialize the country everything would be ok and we would all be equal and working (for the state) and it would all be better!
A chicken in every pot!

post #12 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Frequent Flyer

Quote:
Actually, it;s more than that, 1 in 10 Americans are actively on unemployment... the number doesn't count those want/need to work that are un-employed and NOT on unemployment.

Stevo
Yep, that number is just under 18% I believe. So almost 1 out 5 people are unemployed, but not on benefits or they have run out.
post #13 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Lifer

True unemployment rate.

http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/to...ady-at-20.aspx

http://investment-blog.net/panic-une...already-at-20/

http://www.dailyreckoning.com.au/us-...nt/2008/05/13/

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
post #14 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 02:11 PM
T-MINUS

Thank God they rushed the stimulus bill through to cap the unemployment at 8%!!!!

Didn't account for the human element being scared by your policies, didja Barry?

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #15 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 02:18 PM
Lifer

So go ahead and say twenty percent if you want an accurate account.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #16 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Lifer

And hopefully this will be a driving force in him not getting re-elected. Well, this and the dozen or so other talking points he hasn't delivered on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #17 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 02:58 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Thank God they rushed the stimulus bill through to cap the unemployment at 8%!!!!
Thank God I have a job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #18 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Lifer

Interesting chart comparing today's unelmployment to the Great Depression. He uses "U6" numbers, and explains why.

http://www.bearmarketcomparison.com/...yment-Rate.htm

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #19 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Lifer

and when obama was campaigning he said it wouldn't top 7% under his administration.

another FAIL by obama.

RON PAUL '08
post #20 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Token Troll

And how long ago were they exclaiming how great the stimulus bill was because it created...what? 300,000 jobs?

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #21 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Lifer

I am sure the Messiah will just say that it would be even worse if he hadn't "saved" so many jobs.

Of course there is no way to calculate how many jobs have or have not been saved, but that won't stop him from claiming he saved a bunch, will it?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #22 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I am sure the Messiah will just say that it would be even worse if he hadn't "saved" so many jobs.

Of course there is no way to calculate how many jobs have or have not been saved, but that won't stop him from claiming he saved a bunch, will it?
Fox just reported that $4.5m of "stimulus money" went to a north Chicago school district and saved/created 450 jobs. The only problem is they only employ 290 teachers in the entire district. We are getting screwed, boys and girls.

post #23 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 09:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast83 View Post
and when obama was campaigning he said it wouldn't top 7% under his administration.

another FAIL by obama.
I dislike every thing the guys tands for but even I won't be too hard on him for this claim and fail. I just chalk it up to his obvious amateur status.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #24 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
We are getting screwed, boys and girls.
Business as usual in Washington.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #25 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I dislike every thing the guys tands for but even I won't be too hard on him for this claim and fail. I just chalk it up to his obvious amateur status.
This "amateur" is anything but that. Obama has been groomed for this position and duty. The collapse of our country is his mission. When Obama signs America away in Copenhagen in 4 weeks the transparency they've been talking about will come true. It's quite transparent right now what's happening, but unfortunately we have a lot of people that still have "hope" in their heads, and reality is somewhere else.

Last edited by MR TINFOIL HAT; 11-06-2009 at 09:46 PM.
post #26 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 09:50 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_aoc View Post

I'm gonna call a spade a spade here.

There are several things GW and the Republican congress could have done to prevent the banking crisis that put us into this mess but most Republicans chose to do nothing.

On the flip side, there are are several things President Obama and the Democratic Congress could do to prevent this bull shit from happening again, but they continue to do nothing.

BOTH parties and administrations are licking Wall Street's balls while they fuck us up the ass.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #27 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post

There are several things GW and the Republican congress could have done to prevent the banking crisis that put us into this mess but most Republicans chose to do nothing.

On the flip side, there are are several things President Obama and the Democratic Congress could do to prevent this bull shit from happening again, but they continue to do nothing.

BOTH parties and administrations are licking Wall Street's balls while they fuck us up the ass.
I hope SOMEONE is getting some pleasure from this bullshit.

post #28 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Yes, can we take we take our country back now is the only question left? Same shit smell as in the past just a different color wrapper.

post #29 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 10:20 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Price you pay for letting a republican president for 8 years loot your 401k and bankrupt the country so wall street could get richer.

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
post #30 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR TINFOIL HAT View Post
This "amateur" is anything but that. Obama has been groomed for this position and duty. The collapse of our country is his mission. When Obama signs America away in Copenhagen in 4 weeks the transparency they've been talking about will come true. It's quite transparent right now what's happening, but unfortunately we have a lot of people that still have "hope" in their heads, and reality is somewhere else.
I get your point and all but I call it amateur hour because he went from hero status approval ratings to average Joe status in record time. He may have been groomed for this position early on in his life, but he has a done a remarkably poor job. 2010 will show just how poor it was for the Dems lose alot of seats and TRUE conservatives start to get elected in record numbers.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #31 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
Price you pay for letting a republican president for 8 years loot your 401k and bankrupt the country so wall street could get richer.

Too bad for you the left right blame game is as played out as Jordache. Let me help you out, they are all crooks. They can be left, right, up, down, orange, blue, white, yellow, black, it doesn't matter they all bow down to the same master.

post #32 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 10:27 PM
IA2

Quote:

A year into his presidency and obama is *still* choosing to blame bush for his ongoing troubles. At what point does obama take responsibility?

Sure, the republicans had a free for all, and let a lot of things go, but the economy was pretty damm good, until the democrats took over congress. THEN it went to hell in a handbasket.

I agree with both parties sticking it to us.

The current dive toward socialism is really bothering me right now. The health bill with provisions to put americans in jail if they don't buy insurance, etc. Very worrisome.
post #33 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 10:28 PM
Lifer

Quote:

WTF? You need to lay off the beer before posting dude. My 401K reached record highs while W was in office and the main thing that brought our economy down was the Dems forcing banks to give out loans to people who should have never been approved.

I sure wish Bush had stood up to them and warned us more vocally, but blaming only him is idiotic.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #34 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 10:31 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR TINFOIL HAT View Post
Too bad for you the left right blame game is as played out as Jordache. Let me help you out, they are all crooks. They can be left, right, up, down, orange, blue, white, yellow, black, it doesn't matter they all bow down to the same master.
I agree.

Even if Mccain was president, guess what ? The rate would be the same or higher and your tax money would have been spent on war or more bailouts to big business.

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

Last edited by bullet; 11-06-2009 at 10:40 PM.
post #35 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 10:34 PM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
The current dive toward socialism is really bothering me right now. The health bill with provisions to put americans in jail if they don't buy insurance, etc. Very worrisome.

Sig check.

The train to hell is emitting more steam...
post #36 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 10:37 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
WTF? You need to lay off the beer before posting dude. My 401K reached record highs while W was in office and the main thing that brought our economy down was the Dems forcing banks to give out loans to people who should have never been approved.

I sure wish Bush had stood up to them and warned us more vocally, but blaming only him is idiotic.

Record highs ?

The market tanked 35% the last year your hero was president.

And return a whopping -18% over his entire term from start to finish.

Who owns the banks who made the loans ?

republicans or democrats ?

What party pushed for deregulation in lending standards and in wall street ?

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

Last edited by bullet; 11-06-2009 at 10:49 PM.
post #37 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 10:38 PM
Lifer

Quote:

GTFO of here with these real facts!
post #38 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 11:08 PM
Bullet Sponge

Quote:
Record highs ?

Actually, didn't "Stick it in Fatty" Clinton ease lending regulations and the Dems push to allow those who couldn't get a regular home loan to get one, even forcing banks to provide them?
post #39 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
In a press conference today, the President claimed that the latest extension of unemployment benefits will not only help the unemployed, but the overall economy as recipients spend the money. If spending government-granted money really were a benefit to the economy, why not simply increase the amounts endlessly? Why limit the benefits to the unemployed? Let's make this recovery a real barn burner: send out million-dollar checks to everyone! Of course, what Obama and his economic advisors do not understand is that money spent by recipients of unemployment benefits is money not spent or invested by taxpayers. It's a transfer of wealth, not a creation on new wealth.
http://safehaven.com/article-14947.htm
post #40 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
Actually, didn't "Stick it in Fatty" Clinton ease lending regulations and the Dems push to allow those who couldn't get a regular home loan to get one, even forcing banks to provide them?
The program started with Carter in '77, and ballooned under Clinton tremendously. Fannie Mae just lost ANOTHER $18 billion, and Freddie Mac just posted ANOTHER $5 billion loss. Some things never change.

Last edited by Vertnut; 11-07-2009 at 09:58 AM.
post #41 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
makin' bacon

Quote:
Record highs ?

Yeah, what ever you do, don't mention that this shit occurred shortly after your beloved democraps took control of congress and the senate. God forbid you actually lay the blame where it belongs.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #42 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 11:11 AM
Censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX View Post
And how long ago were they exclaiming how great the stimulus bill was because it created...what? 300,000 jobs?
Yea like buying one riding lawn mower created 50+ jobs. LOL

Doors Done Rite
post #43 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Yeah, what ever you do, don't mention that this shit occurred shortly after your beloved democraps took control of congress and the senate. God forbid you actually lay the blame where it belongs.

Stevo
What tickles me about bullet, is he's crowing about the market @10k, while the rest of the country (and economy) are going down the shitter. Forget 10.2% (18% ACTUAL) unemployment and unequaled corruption in all area's Congress and the whitehouse...the MARKET is UP!

post #44 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 12:24 PM
Lifer

pretty sad I was given the option to lose full time status/benefits or be gone 5 days a week and keep full time. Im actually glad to not be working in dallas,tx anymore yasll can have it!!!!

98 Brokra
post #45 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Record highs ?

Who was president when the DOW went to it's all-time record high? Bush

Why did the market tank? Because the banks were forced to give out loans to people who could not afford them and who made them do that? Liberal Democrats and they were not stopped by Bush, which is why there is plenty of blame to go around.

So the Republicans own the banks according to you and they wanted the banks to give out high risk, low gain loans to people who could not afford them? Yeah, you must be another kooky RP supporter with that stupid logic. Am I right?

The true Republicans want free markets and free enterprise and less regulation. Do you agree that the government forced the banks to give out loans to people who could not afford them or not? If so, who forced them to do it?

If you don't agree with my very simple answer to a complex problem, please give your answers to your own questions.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #46 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Lifer

can i get a "RON PAUL"?

shoulda
coulda
but didn't

RON PAUL '08
post #47 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Lifer

Quote:
can i get a "RON PAUL"?

shoulda
coulda
but didn't
So what did he do while he was in Congress to prevent all of this? How is a lifelong politican like him who was part of the problem going to solve it, when he couldn't/didn't do a damn thing about it for the last decade or longer he was in office? You RP nuthuggers keep talking baout how corrupt alll politicians are, but then want a longterm politican to solve it becuase you like him. How hypocritical and idiotic of you! Typical RP nuthugger says "I am okay with a lifelong politician as long as it is someone I like!"

You kooky RP nuthuggers crack me up!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #48 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 10:22 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
Who was president when the DOW went to it's all-time record high? Bush

Why did the market tank? Because the banks were forced to give out loans to people who could not afford them and who made them do that? Liberal Democrats and they were not stopped by Bush, which is why there is plenty of blame to go around.

So the Republicans own the banks according to you and they wanted the banks to give out high risk, low gain loans to people who could not afford them? Yeah, you must be another kooky RP supporter with that stupid logic. Am I right?

The true Republicans want free markets and free enterprise and less regulation. Do you agree that the government forced the banks to give out loans to people who could not afford them or not? If so, who forced them to do it?

If you don't agree with my very simple answer to a complex problem, please give your answers to your own questions.

Which party represents more govt regulation and which one represents less ?

The correct answer to this simple question proves my point.

Govt forced banks to give out loans to people who could not afford them ?

Biggest crock of shit I have ever heard. GREED from wallstreet and DEREGULATION is what caused those loans to be wrote.

Yea it was the democrats fault 100%.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNqQx...om=PL&index=58

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

post #49 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 10:23 PM
Lifer

Quote:
can i get a "RON PAUL"?

shoulda
coulda
but didn't
...and never will.

post #50 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 10:25 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

Quote:
can i get a "RON PAUL"?

shoulda
coulda
but didn't

I'd settle for a FISCALLY CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN.
Something the party has not produced in 30+ years.

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET

Sponsored Links
Advertisement