Honor Killing alive and well - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Token Troll

Honor Killing alive and well

For those that don't think "they" don't do this in the USA.
Quote:
PHOENIX — A young Iraqi woman whose father allegedly hit her with his car because she had become too Westernized died from her injuries Monday after laying in a coma for nearly two weeks.

Noor Faleh Almaleki, 20, underwent spinal surgery and had been in a hospital since Oct. 20, when police say her father ran down her and her boyfriend's mother with his Jeep as the women were walking across a parking lot in the west Phoenix suburb of Peoria.

The other woman, Amal Khalaf, is expected to survive.

Faleh Hassan Almaleki, 48, fled after the attack but was arrested Thursday when he arrived at Atlanta's airport, where he was sent from the United Kingdom after authorities denied him entrance.

Peoria police interviewed him and brought him back to Arizona over the weekend, but have declined to release what Almaleki said to them.

At a court hearing over the weekend in Phoenix, county prosecutor Stephanie Low told a judge that Almaleki admitted to committing the crime.

"By his own admission, this was an intentional act and the reason was that his daughter had brought shame on him and his family," Low said. "This was an attempt at an honor killing."
Family members had told police that Almaleki attacked his daughter because he believed she had become too Westernized and was not living according to his traditional Iraqi values.

Almaleki, wearing a jail uniform, said only his name and birth date during the hearing. He has declined requests to be interviewed.

Almaleki had faced charges of aggravated assault, but Peoria police spokesman Mike Tellef said the charges will be upgraded in light of Noor Faleh Almaleki's death.

Police said the Almalekis moved to Peoria from Iraq in the mid-1990s.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,571216,00.html

Makes you wonder about that Florida teen....

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Lifer

We don't need that shit over here. If they can't be civilized, then GTFO!

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 01:17 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

I feel bad for that girl, but mainly bad for myself because she definitely looks bangable and now I'll never be able to hit it. In all seriousness, I hope the dad gets the book thrown at him, or maybe make an example out of him and stone him to death as they do in his country. You know, that way we don't just lock him up for life and be too western about the whole thing.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 01:19 PM
Moved to dfw mustangs.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
I feel bad for that girl, but mainly bad for myself because she definitely looks bangable and now I'll never be able to hit it.
I'd think your chances are better now.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 01:40 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowthreeohz View Post
I'd think your chances are better now.
Ya lost me.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 01:43 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
Ya lost me.
Now that she is dead, she can't fight back....I know...it's cold, but I think that is where he was taking it.

That said, anyone remember the 2 girls from Egypt that were killed in Irving a couple of years ago in the taxi? Their dad killed them because they "brought shame to the family". I don't know if they ever caught him.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 01:47 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
Now that she is dead, she can't fight back....I know...it's cold, but I think that is where he was taking it.

That said, anyone remember the 2 girls from Egypt that were killed in Irving a couple of years ago in the taxi? Their dad killed them because they "brought shame to the family". I don't know if they ever caught him.
Yeah, I'm not sure either. I know the father of the two girls was featured on America's Most Wanted. Just not sure if he was ever caught. Hang on...

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/brief.cfm?id=51983

Doesn't look like he has been arrested yet.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 02:02 PM
T-MINUS

Muslims are savages, what do you expect?

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

Sponsored Links
Advertisement