Obama bypasses federal safeguards - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

Obama bypasses federal safeguards

Seems Obama wasn't happy with federal safeguards protecting Americans from teh Swine Flu and declared it a national emergency so he could bypass them. What's next?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 01:25 AM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
Seems Obama wasn't happy with federal safeguards protecting Americans from teh Swine Flu and declared it a national emergency so he could bypass them. What's next?
Obama is trying real dammed hard to make the N1H1 virus some kind of crisis. Why? I have no idea. Seems to me that it has moved thru most of our schools now, and for all intents and purposes it has run it's course.
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 08:51 AM
Lifer

haha we are all gonna die!!! swine flu oh noes!!!!run for your lives

98 Brokra

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 08:56 AM
Lifer

If indeed it is a crisis, it became so entirely on his watch and the blame falls on him for not getting the vaccine out fast enough. At least this provides a good snapshot of how inept a system Obamacare would be.
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 09:57 AM
Lifer

it is a crisis, and everybody knew it was coming, and had plenty of time to prepare. Obama should have forced everyone to get the vaccine making it harder for the flu to spread. instead all obama did was cut a little red tape so that people could get the vaccine in places other then a doctors office or hospital, now we are not going to be able to keep tabs on who got the vaccine and who didnt

post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 10:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
it is a crisis, and everybody knew it was coming, and had plenty of time to prepare. Obama should have forced everyone to get the vaccine making it harder for the flu to spread. instead all obama did was cut a little red tape so that people could get the vaccine in places other then a doctors office or hospital, now we are not going to be able to keep tabs on who got the vaccine and who didnt
Crisis? Lol. A quick google search shows that fewer than 500 have died from it. That in my eyes is far from a crisis. A crisis would be tens of thousands dead. And I DARE somebody to try and make me take anything, they'll need a helluva lot more than a needle, or nose syringe I'll tell you that.
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Lifer

The federal authorities can't even get the vaccine to those who want to take it, much less to those that don't. The big downside to waiting until tens of thousands are dead is that by then it would be too late for mass vaccinations to have the desired effect.
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Lifer

There's some other motive here this flu is bullshit.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Token Troll

[obama]Lookit meeee! I'm still important!!! Don't look at my healthcare or stimulus or Afghanistan! I'm in pow-ah! Hello!?? Lookit me!!! [/obama]

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Lifer

http://www.naturalnews.com/027330_fe...emic_H1N1.html

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 11:45 AM
mannish boy

Quote:
you can't be that fucking stupid, right?

forced everyone to get the vaccine!?!?!? wow
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 11:53 AM
Lifer

Forced vaccinations is not the answer.

post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

If the H1N1 really was an issue, you'd see the CDC shut down enormous gatherings like NFL games. This is just bs and the government wanting money and control
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 12:49 PM
Lifer

It's just another angle for him to force socialized medicine on us all.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 01:26 PM
GROWED UP WRONG

I would like to see a comparison of the yearly H1N1 deaths and seasonal influenza deaths.
I would be willing to bet the two would not be much different. I also am one that believes that the swine flu is just media/government hype.

EDIT:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32877953
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Lifer

This move by Obama is a bullet in the gun for martial law. The gun is cocked and loaded, it's only a matter of time now.

post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Token Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped54 View Post
I would like to see a comparison of the yearly H1N1 deaths and seasonal influenza deaths.
I would be willing to bet the two would not be much different. I also am one that believes that the swine flu is just media/government hype.

EDIT:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32877953
https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/show...43&postcount=8

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 01:45 PM
Lifer

Quote:
So you would really would be ok with forced vaccinations?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 01:46 PM
Lifer

I think hes making it a "crisis" so he can go on to say which ones died with out health insurance so he can help get federalized health care pushed through.Its just a dog/pony show like anything else.I bet lots more people die from aids/cancer than z pig flu.
"it was once said that a black man would be president "when pigs fly" indeed 100 days into his presidency.....swine flu

04 cobra before 2.81 pulley,100mm idler,jlt intake,bassani xpipe,magnaflow catback,diablo canoftuner bogart welded rt's 11:[email protected] untuned
After headers/nitrous no 1/4 times yet
576rwhp on the suace=Highway roller stud
Changing Daily drivers monthly
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 01:48 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
"it was once said that a black man would be president "when pigs fly" indeed 100 days into his presidency.....swine flu
Nice

post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 02:12 PM
LUCIFER

Quote:

Are you being serious? Hopefully not. The H1N1 is TOTALLY blown out of proportion. Seasonal Flu has claimed more lives by far then this flu. And this so-called h1n1 vaccine--yeah right, they took a preservative free & thimerasol free seasonal flu vaccine, changed up one strain and Boom there's your h1n1 vax! Was not throughourly tested, is actually still in testing and b/c of this MANY people will go without the seasonal flu vax which is worse b/c the gov't had all manufacturers stop production of the seasonal flu.

Something else, all these h1n1 "exposures" aren't 100% legit. Testing for h1n1 is only 40% correct distinguishing the virus. The main reason it's being blown up the way it is b/c it's not technically regular flu season so they are blaming the h1n1. It could be either one.

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 02:21 PM
Lifer

I just head that people WITHOUT insurance will have priority over others to get the Pig Flu vaccine.

post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 02:28 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
I just head that people WITHOUT insurance will have priority over others to get the Pig Flu vaccine.
Got to get rid of the useless eaters first.

post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 02:33 PM
mannish boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR TINFOIL HAT View Post
Got to get rid of the useless eaters first.
ding ding ding!
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 02:33 PM
LUCIFER

Quote:
Priority is actually going to healthcare facilities that have direct contact with children since they have been the most affected by it. From what I heard, or possible to ER Dept. employees.

This might get messy, making this into a national emergency will make many people panic and feel they have to get this vaccine or fear the worst. Allocations of the H1N1 are already in Texas, and pretty pathetic to say the least.

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 02:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtheman1 View Post
This might get messy, making this into a national emergency will make many people panic and feel they have to get this vaccine or fear the worst. Allocations of the H1N1 are already in Texas, and pretty pathetic to say the least.
Maybe fights will break out as the unvaccinated hordes queue up to get theirs, with innocent women and children being run over by the stampeding sheeple.
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 02:47 PM
Lifer

It's a crying shame people will stand in line for poison, but no one wants to stand or bother with a tyrannical government.

post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 02:51 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtheman1 View Post
Priority is actually going to healthcare facilities that have direct contact with children since they have been the most affected by it. From what I heard, or possible to ER Dept. employees.

My statement was correct. I didn't say "top priority", but the "uninsured" will be ahead of the rest of us as far as availability.

post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 02:57 PM
LUCIFER

Quote:
My statement was correct. I didn't say "top priority", but the "uninsured" will be ahead of the rest of us as far as availability.
Ah, point taken

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:

post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 03:17 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
you can't be that fucking stupid, right?

forced everyone to get the vaccine!?!?!? wow
I was being sarcastic

post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 03:31 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR TINFOIL HAT View Post
It's a crying shame people will stand in line for poison, but no one wants to stand or bother with a tyrannical government.
Exactly , wait until their waiting in like for soup in the next great depression.
Won't be long now. All we need is the IMF to make the dollar's replacement.

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

94 CBR 600 naked, handbraked, -1 +3 sprockets, one wheel operation mod

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."
post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 05:32 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
You sir, can go fuck yourself. I'll be goddamned if you, Obama, or anyone else tries to force me or my family to take a vaccine. I'll die for my rights, and kill anyone in my way. You, Obama, and everyone else included.
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 06:26 PM
Lifer

Check this out.http://www.theflucase.com/

post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

I've got your back Bcoop. I'm the same way
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 09:28 PM
PAN

Quote:
I was being sarcastic

Bull Shit!

You were being the same dumbass that claims to be a conservative you always are.
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 06:15 PM
Freethinker

If this is all driven by a government or large company you have to ask yourself the question. Which people are gonna live, the ones that get the vaccine or the ones that don't. Maybe it was a government (any government) experiment that was designed to thin out the herd.
I know most government employees have had the shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
....LMAO @.... trying to figure out how to make a Utopian society!
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Variable-speed-Limits
post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

And yet Obama and his family haven't. He was saying it's because there's not enough. Yeah, I'm buying that
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
If this is all driven by a government or large company you have to ask yourself the question. Which people are gonna live, the ones that get the vaccine or the ones that don't. Maybe it was a government (any government) experiment that was designed to thin out the herd.
Bullshit, back that up with proof rather than talking out of your ass yet again dumbass.
post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 07:41 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk View Post
Bullshit, back that up with proof rather than talking out of your ass yet again dumbass.
I know it was offered to us in LE but I declined. I have a friend who is a neurologist and when we talked about H1N1 he laughed and said this is way over as far as a vaccine helping. He bets there will be another come along in 12-18 months that will make this one look like a joke.

I hope 5.0 was trying to say government employees had first shot at it (actually it was first responders) and not that they have actually all had the vaccine. With him you never know though.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 07:59 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
lol....this whole thread is funny. we run out flu shots every year, we never have enough. More people die from "the flu" than swine flu. the government can never enforce a "everybody must be given a shot" nor is it legal.

post #41 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Lifer

LOL. The world hasn't killed me yet, and I'll be damned if anyone's going to "force" me to take a vaccine.

post #42 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 08:25 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I hope 5.0 was trying to say government employees had first shot at it (actually it was first responders) and not that they have actually all had the vaccine. With him you never know though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo
Nah, "most government employees" it what it says and that's a lot of folks.

The "I know" lead-in alone is ironclad proof he doesn't know jack shit.
post #43 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 11:54 AM
Freethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I know it was offered to us in LE but I declined. I have a friend who is a neurologist and when we talked about H1N1 he laughed and said this is way over as far as a vaccine helping. He bets there will be another come along in 12-18 months that will make this one look like a joke.

Your right I should have said "had the opportunity". They even get a little sticker that says they have been vaccinated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
....LMAO @.... trying to figure out how to make a Utopian society!
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Variable-speed-Limits
Sponsored Links
Advertisement