So anyone think that there is something fishy.... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
IA2

So anyone think that there is something fishy....

going on with perry's intervention in that guy's execution? He's fired .50 percent of the commission investigating that deal, and he has refused to release documents related to the investigation/execution.

Seems really fishy to me. And I think that this whole deal may eventually blow up in his face.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 03:48 AM
Canada is welcome here.

Got a link? Don't know what you are talking about, I'm afraid.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 02:31 PM
Lifer

I think it might be fishy , but his efforts are going to be all but worthless IMO
the amount of media attention it has gotten alone promises followup.
So maybe it is fishy, but at this point it's pretty much a uninteresting piece to me. The shit will get investigated, needless to say.
I just don't like Perry after he started deciding paid for roads should become toll roads.
I think we can be pretty certain that was why the mansion got burned down..... but i did not read too much about that either. I don't think they caught the guy though due to lax ass security cameras. huge taxpayer loss, all because people hate him.

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

94 CBR 600 naked, handbraked, -1 +3 sprockets, one wheel operation mod

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
Got a link? Don't know what you are talking about, I'm afraid.
Here's a little background. Basically perry was governor when this guy was executed, and now evidence has shown up that the guy "may" have been innocent. But no one knows what perry knows, because he refuses to release the info that he has (governors before him routinely released this info). AND, he has been recently replacing members of the committee that is tasked with investigating the claims of innocence.

Keep in mind that perry is running for re-election in texas and there are a few rumors that he may run for president at some point. This deal would certainly harm his chances for getting elected.

People smell a rat, and given his dealings with tollways and the TTC in the recent past, I think rightly so.

Quote:
DALLAS – Gov. Rick Perry realized reelection would be tough, but likely never figured a convicted murderer who was executed five years ago would come back to haunt him.

After weeks of questions about Cameron Todd Willingham’s case, Perry fired back.

"Person after person has stood up and testified to facts of this case that, quite frankly, you all aren't covering,” he said to a reporter in Austin Thursday. “I would suggest to you, go back and look at the record here because this is a bad man."

Willingham was anything but a model citizen.

He lived in Corsicana and was said to have drunk often, stolen property and even beaten his wife. But, in 1992, arson investigators helped convict him of starting the house fire that killed his three daughters.

After losing every appeal, Willingham was executed in 2004.

"Willingham was a monster,” the governor said. “This was a guy who murdered his three children, who tried to beat his wife into an abortion so he wouldn't have those kids."

What's plaguing Perry is what he did to the state commission that reopened Willingham's case.

The governor replaced members of the Texas Forensic Science Commission as it probed whether arson investigators were wrong and used junk science to convict Willingham.

If there was no arson, there was no crime – perhaps meaning Texas executed an innocent man.

Perry said his replacement of the commission members was business as usual since their terms had expired.

Now, in an effort to dodge criticism and control the debate, Perry appeared aggressive and animated, calling the issue a sideshow and suggesting the judicial process was beside the point of Willingham’s character.

But, the governor was unable to deflect a growing number of questions about circumstances around Willingham's execution.

The governor pointed the press and the public to the record in this case. But, Perry refuses to release his own file on Willingham, which raises concerns about what the governor knew and why he's keeping it secret.

Those are questions he'll likely face when he visits Collin County Thursday afternoon.
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dw...2194843be.html
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 12:56 AM
Canada is welcome here.

A tough subject. A guy who only beat his wife may deserve a beat down himself, but not to be executed. But either way, I still think Perry's a fucking fag. Just now sending aid to the border and all. What a fuckwad. I don't want to hear one complaint from anyone when the local vigilantes down there start killing drug runners and thugs and such.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 10:07 AM
GROWED UP WRONG

I think the timing make it seem fishy, and a good issue to stir the pot for Kay Bailey, but I think the execution was justified.
He tried to save his car, pushing it out of the way, but would not try to save his children, one was in the same room as him and his wife.
I am sorry, I dont care how hot, or how much smoke and fire there was. If my kids were in a burning building I would die trying to save them!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped54 View Post
I think the timing make it seem fishy, and a good issue to stir the pot for Kay Bailey, but I think the execution was justified.
He tried to save his car, pushing it out of the way, but would not try to save his children, one was in the same room as him and his wife.
I am sorry, I dont care how hot, or how much smoke and fire there was. If my kids were in a burning building I would die trying to save them!
Oh, no doubt about that - the guy was in no way a saint, and probably deserved what he got.

But if that is the case, why is perry taking actions that seemingly interfere with the investigation, and won't release all of the documentation? It just doesn't make sense.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 06:08 PM
Time Served

Done with him and Kay both worthless...Seriously looking at Debra Medina

6-25-10 RIP Chloe Rene Daddy loves you always

66' Cutlass TKO600 5-speed, C6 brakes, SC&C stage II Sold on the way to new home in CA
06' Mustang GT Convertible 5-speed wife's new daily
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 06:40 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
going on with perry's intervention in that guy's execution? He's fired .50 percent of the commission investigating that deal, and he has refused to release documents related to the investigation/execution.

Seems really fishy to me. And I think that this whole deal may eventually blow up in his face.
How do you fire half of 1% of the commission?

Joking aside, I do think something is wrong here. This guy could very well have been guilty. Even if the arson evidence was suspect, there was other evidence. My problem is that a court never decided and there is a better than decent chance that this fella could have been wrongfully convicted.

I've said before that I support the death penalty in principle but not in practice. I've said this because humans are flawed people. You have prosecutors that who can fabricate or withhold evidence. You have witnesses that give false testimony (even unintentionally). We even learned recently that it is possible to fabricate DNA evidence. This is the reason I would abolish the death penalty.. Yes, I'll be right with you saying that an obviously guilty murderer needs to be put to death but I'm willing to let him rot in a cell block to insure that we don't put an innocent man to death.

But I digress. Focusing on this case. Perry had the right to remove those commission members but there was an obvious conflict of interest in doing so. If that report shows that he ignored evidence he will look really bad. If I wanted my government to run like this, I would have stayed in Louisiana.

Most Texans support the death penalty but the VAST VAST VAST majority don't want to put down the wrong guy. On top of that, if he didn't commit the crime, there is a good chance that a guilty man is among us and capable of doing the same thing again.

Perry is a fucking prick. I've always said that. He's just given me one more reason to kick him in the balls.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement