WSJ:The 'Democratization of Credit' Is Over -- Now It's Payback Time - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,635
WSJ:The 'Democratization of Credit' Is Over -- Now It's Payback Time

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1255...cle-outset-box


sc281_99-0135 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 06:44 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: At the Dexter Lake Club
Posts: 12,422
Ms King is an idiot and the banks that loaned her money deserve to get the shaft. That article is stupid, of course the people that make less money have more trouble paying their bills. Whats next? Fat people eat more! Lets write a story about that.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
BP is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Genetically Blessed
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: An Investment Bank
Posts: 13,733
The Saturday edition always has some filler articles.
slow99 is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Lifer
 
Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: DFW
Posts: 13,083
That woman is a GENIUS!!! How did she figure that out?

98 Brokra
Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~ is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
Ms King is an idiot and the banks that loaned her money deserve to get the shaft. That article is stupid, of course the people that make less money have more trouble paying their bills. Whats next? Fat people eat more! Lets write a story about that.

The way I read it was not so much the fluff piece, but reiterating the fact that the majority of the debt burden is on the lower income people, which did the majority of borrowing for the 30k millionaire lifestyle.

It bears repeating, if nothing more than to bring retail investors back to reality by reminding them that this is far from over, despite what the recent run up in the market says.
sc281_99-0135 is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 11:05 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post
The way I read it was not so much the fluff piece, but reiterating the fact that the majority of the debt burden is on the lower income people, which did the majority of borrowing for the 30k millionaire lifestyle.

It bears repeating, if nothing more than to bring retail investors back to reality by reminding them that this is far from over, despite what the recent run up in the market says.
The explanation as to why the price of gold is going up, I guess. People are skeared.

Rich

TexasT is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
The explanation as to why the price of gold is going up, I guess. People are skeared.

No, it wouldnt be. Gold going up is a sign that people are looking for an inflation hedge.
Rising defaults will destroy wealth by taking real money out of the money supply. This will lead to Deflation. Which is what we just got done going through.

I'm hesitant to put my faith in this market right now.
The fundamentals have not changed, unemployment is still nearing 10%, the Dems still are looking to destroy small business, They still want to pass the climate tax, still looking to fuck up 17% of our economy by swapping one fucked up system (health care) for another fucked up system (Govt. Healfare)

I don't really see an upside, definately not considering the 51% run-up off the lows.
I'll trade it of course, but we're not out of the woods yet.
sc281_99-0135 is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 04:09 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
I think 2010 will paint a different picture.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 04:11 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post
No, it wouldnt be. Gold going up is a sign that people are looking for an inflation hedge.
Rising defaults will destroy wealth by taking real money out of the money supply. This will lead to Deflation. Which is what we just got done going through.

I'm hesitant to put my faith in this market right now.
The fundamentals have not changed, unemployment is still nearing 10%, the Dems still are looking to destroy small business, They still want to pass the climate tax, still looking to fuck up 17% of our economy by swapping one fucked up system (health care) for another fucked up system (Govt. Healfare)

I don't really see an upside, definately not considering the 51% run-up off the lows.
I'll trade it of course, but we're not out of the woods yet.
Gold is a crisis hedge. Nothing more.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome