Sean Hannity is shredding Michael Moore on Fox News - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Racist....that means you!
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 20,645
Sean Hannity is shredding Michael Moore on Fox News

God, Michael is a fucking idiot. All he can do is shake his head and laugh and spout off bullshit with no actual factual basis behind it.

"There were no wmd's, blah blah blah, why do we attack innocent countries, blah blah blah."

I can't believe people actually listen to that fat fucking moron.
Jester is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 02:50 AM
CJD
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 757
DAMN!!!! I forgot about that interview! I wonder if there's a transcript. Yes, Moore is an idiot...
CJD is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 06:39 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
The odd thing is, he comes across as being a really "good guy", until he gets in his political mode. Man, I knew he was a bullshitter, but after that interview, I'm convinced he's just a nut.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
 
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 07:51 AM
African Booty Scratcher
 
ELVIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Uranus
Posts: 13,150
i dont like the guy, i voted straight republican. after hearing MM on the Stern show, i dont think i hate him as much as i used to.

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
ELVIS is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 09:17 AM
davbrucas is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 09:26 AM
T5-T56-Tremec specialist
 
thesource's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Heading back to Plentywood
Posts: 8,389
I missed it. My son had a soccer game and it was a little more important. Michael Moore is a completely fucking idiot. How can you even bitch about capitalism when you are making movies for a profit??? Thats a text book example of biting the hand that feeds you.
thesource is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 09:40 AM
mannish boy
 
Cooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: drunk on diesel
Posts: 31,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
i dont like the guy, i voted straight republican. after hearing MM on the Stern show, i dont think i hate him as much as i used to.

god bless.
he came off really well in that interview
Cooter is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 10:23 AM
African Booty Scratcher
 
ELVIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Uranus
Posts: 13,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
he came off really well in that interview
i know, it killed me to say it as well.

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
ELVIS is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 10:58 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
You can skip the first three videos because they rehash old shit about GW, Iraq, and 9-11. The fourth video is where they get into the Capitalism/mortgage crisis stuff.

IMO, Moore comes off a lot better than Hannity but at the same time, neither of them really said jack shit. Most of it was them talking past or over each other.

To say that Sean Hannity shredded Moore is a gross overstatement. Hannity kept laying the blame of the crisis at the feet of folks that bought mortgages that they couldn't afford. He couldn't answer Moore's assertion that the FBI pointed towards white collar fraud as the main cause. Hannity kept going back to the Community Investment Act in the 70's but didn't use much of anything else to back up his argument. On the flip side, Moore didn't try to shoot down Hannity's assertions, he just kept pointing back to de-regulation and the FBI reports. Again, they just kept talking past and over each other. Nothing of real substance was said.

IMHO the problems we are looking at today were grown more from the Wall Street side of things than Main Street. I haven't seen Moore's movie yet but I'm betting I would side with him on many of the issues. De-regulation and cut backs on law enforcement allowed much of what is fucking us right now. Bush DID drastically cut back on the FBI's white collar crime division. The FTC was cut back as well. The repeal of Glass-Steagall certainly played a huge role. I'm not even getting into the derivatives bullshit because that would take a fuckin' book...

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 12:43 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesource View Post
Michael Moore is a completely fucking idiot. How can you even bitch about capitalism when you are making movies for a profit??? Thats a text book example of biting the hand that feeds you.
Karl Marx thought up the idea of Communism while living off of his wealthy friends. So in that respect Michael Moore is exactly what he believes in.


There are a few quotes from Margaret Thatcher that sum this up quite nicely.

Quote:
The problem with socialism is eventually you run out of other peoples money
Quote:
"When all the objectives of government include the achievement of equality - other than equality before the law - that government poses a threat to liberty."
Quote:
"Socialists have always spent much of their time seeking new titles for their beliefs, because the old versions so quickly become outdated and discredited."
Quote:
"There's no such thing as entitlement, unless someone has first met an obligation."
Quote:
"Marxists get up early to further their cause. We must get up even earlier to defend our freedom."
sc281_99-0135 is offline  
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Factory Issue
 
Yale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 12,295
There's no way all these crazy movies are his idea. He has to be agitating for someone else.

Give me a dollar.
Yale is offline  
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 01:17 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
There's no way all these crazy movies are his idea. He has to be agitating for someone else.

Of course he is. He is as dumb as a stump without the help of movie editing. He is simply a moutpiece for the socialist demographic.

He has some good points, but his politics ruin any credibility that could be earned by him.

It isn't unfettered Capitalism that is the problem. If one were to extend that logic to healthcare, there would be thousands of companies vying for the business of every american. Instead, we have Govt. regulation that limits the number of companies, and keeps employer based healthcare running, which gives only one or two choices of coverage when you really look at it.

As an employee of JpmChase, I have ONE company I can go through. Aetna.
Sure, I can go anywhere I want, but I woud pay 3 times as much to do it.
As it is subsidized, most people do not care to run up a big bill for tests for something stupid like the sniffles, because they only have to pay their copay in most cases. There is no incentive to lower costs, or to be more effficient on the patient level, because they rarely feel any direct pain from their ridiculous use of the healthcare system.
If it were citizen based, meaning we as citizens, would be given a tax break and the opportunity to choose from 500 companies instead of 5, or 1; then we would be a hell of alot more budget conscious in our use of services for trivial purposes, thereby lowering costs from lowering frivolous use, as well as having a true marketplace of companies to choose from, instead of the illusion of it.
This would also take the burden off of the SB owners, thereby freeing up capital, which creates more products/services, which creates more jobs, which create more ability to purchase goods, which creates more capital for Sb owners...... see where I'm going with that?
The Gubment needs to just get the fvck out of the way......


Subsidizing one choice, while penalizing the freedom to buy from anyone I please is exactly the opposite of the "Evil Capitalism" that he hates so fervently.

Equalitards never realize that the only true equality in the world is when there is true capitalism, and each of us has the equal oppptunity of success or failure.
sc281_99-0135 is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Racist....that means you!
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 20,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
You can skip the first three videos because they rehash old shit about GW, Iraq, and 9-11. The fourth video is where they get into the Capitalism/mortgage crisis stuff.

IMO, Moore comes off a lot better than Hannity but at the same time, neither of them really said jack shit. Most of it was them talking past or over each other.

To say that Sean Hannity shredded Moore is a gross overstatement. Hannity kept laying the blame of the crisis at the feet of folks that bought mortgages that they couldn't afford. He couldn't answer Moore's assertion that the FBI pointed towards white collar fraud as the main cause. Hannity kept going back to the Community Investment Act in the 70's but didn't use much of anything else to back up his argument. On the flip side, Moore didn't try to shoot down Hannity's assertions, he just kept pointing back to de-regulation and the FBI reports. Again, they just kept talking past and over each other. Nothing of real substance was said.

IMHO the problems we are looking at today were grown more from the Wall Street side of things than Main Street. I haven't seen Moore's movie yet but I'm betting I would side with him on many of the issues. De-regulation and cut backs on law enforcement allowed much of what is fucking us right now. Bush DID drastically cut back on the FBI's white collar crime division. The FTC was cut back as well. The repeal of Glass-Steagall certainly played a huge role. I'm not even getting into the derivatives bullshit because that would take a fuckin' book...
All he did during the whole fucking interview, is laugh at Sean and shake his head and try and talk over him.
He argues like a fifth grader. He was all "oh, so you actually think they had WMD's?" Like he actually fucking knew for a fact that there were none. I think Denny would have to disagree.

Guy is a fucking moron.
Jester is offline  
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
You can skip the first three videos because they rehash old shit about GW, Iraq, and 9-11. The fourth video is where they get into the Capitalism/mortgage crisis stuff.

IMO, Moore comes off a lot better than Hannity but at the same time, neither of them really said jack shit. Most of it was them talking past or over each other.

To say that Sean Hannity shredded Moore is a gross overstatement. Hannity kept laying the blame of the crisis at the feet of folks that bought mortgages that they couldn't afford. He couldn't answer Moore's assertion that the FBI pointed towards white collar fraud as the main cause. Hannity kept going back to the Community Investment Act in the 70's but didn't use much of anything else to back up his argument. On the flip side, Moore didn't try to shoot down Hannity's assertions, he just kept pointing back to de-regulation and the FBI reports. Again, they just kept talking past and over each other. Nothing of real substance was said.

IMHO the problems we are looking at today were grown more from the Wall Street side of things than Main Street. I haven't seen Moore's movie yet but I'm betting I would side with him on many of the issues. De-regulation and cut backs on law enforcement allowed much of what is fucking us right now. Bush DID drastically cut back on the FBI's white collar crime division. The FTC was cut back as well. The repeal of Glass-Steagall certainly played a huge role. I'm not even getting into the derivatives bullshit because that would take a fuckin' book...
So do you agree with Moore that the people who signed for these loans should not be held accountable? Moore asserted that ALL of these people are innocent victims. You can't tell me that ALL of these people didn't know the type of loan they were getting into. You can't tell me that ALL of these people didn't know how to check to see what type of loan they were getting. Most of these subprime loans went to people who are veterans of not paying their bills. These people know how to manipulate their finances to stretch their money. They are very crafty even though they have bad credit. I'm not buying this bullshit.

When Moore bragged about getting Warner Brothers to pay for the mortgage of the family from his first film and for the attorney for the people in the current film, Hannity should have interrupted him and asked "And where are they now?" Because I bet, just like many other people with bad credit, they are still mishandling their money and getting in financial trouble because they want to live a champaigne life on a beer budget. And the responsible people will have to pay for their mistakes just like always.
Hass is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 04:48 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesource View Post
I missed it. My son had a soccer game and it was a little more important. Michael Moore is a completely fucking idiot. How can you even bitch about capitalism when you are making movies for a profit??? Thats a text book example of biting the hand that feeds you.
Easy.

I bitch about lots of things in our version of capitalism and I make money selling software to unsuspecting soles.

Moore's big problem is he didn't differentiate between free market capitalism and cronyism capitalism. He lumped them all together. Also there is an economic and social aspect to capitalism which he seems to forget as well.

Then... we have the retards in Washington DC. As an example, I'm an "outlaw" because I play online poker (I actually had one of my withdrawal checks bounce back in July when the DOJ decided to hit the processor) but... I can trade S&P 500 futures all day long.

Let me tell you... there is exactly 0% difference between me playing online poker and trading S&P 500 futures online (which I started to do this year. Much more bang for the buck compared to equities.) Both are zero sum games and both, in my opinion, are nothing other than gambling. There is no economical benefit to society, as a whole, with me trading futures. Same goes with playing online poker. But, I can run up to Winstar, spend money on gas (and help keep our dependence on foreign oil, ok... a stretch) and I'll within the law.

Stupid shit.

So, bitch all you want about Moore, but there entire system in America is nothing but retarded and I'm glad someone, even if there wrong on some points, is pointing out the stupidity.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 11:09 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra View Post
There is no economical benefit to society, as a whole, with me trading futures. .




Regardess if you win or lose you are providing liquidity to the market and creating revenue for your broker, clearing firm, platform provider, NFA, etc. Lot of hands in the pie for there not to be an economic benefit.

Republicans drove the car off the cliff and democrats had to do all of the work getting it back out of the ditch

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds at dfwstangs.net

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
When you pull in 20 million percent a year like BULLET, you have your share of 5 and 6 figure days!

GENUFLECT TO THE BULLET




FACTS ARE LIKE ACID TO THE SKIN OF REPUBLICONS
bullet is offline  
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 01:36 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass View Post
So do you agree with Moore that the people who signed for these loans should not be held accountable? Moore asserted that ALL of these people are innocent victims. You can't tell me that ALL of these people didn't know the type of loan they were getting into. You can't tell me that ALL of these people didn't know how to check to see what type of loan they were getting. Most of these subprime loans went to people who are veterans of not paying their bills. These people know how to manipulate their finances to stretch their money. They are very crafty even though they have bad credit. I'm not buying this bullshit.

When Moore bragged about getting Warner Brothers to pay for the mortgage of the family from his first film and for the attorney for the people in the current film, Hannity should have interrupted him and asked "And where are they now?" Because I bet, just like many other people with bad credit, they are still mishandling their money and getting in financial trouble because they want to live a champaigne life on a beer budget. And the responsible people will have to pay for their mistakes just like always.
It's just as much their fault as it is the fault of the lenders. They shouldn't be asking for loans that big, and the lenders shouldn't be giving them loans that big. They (the lenders) did it because they knew they would make a quick buck by selling it off, and the guy who bought it from them is the one who is going to get fucked. It's a scam and it's just as unacceptable as the fools applying for loans they can't pay.

Edit: And Sean Hannity isn't any less of a fucking idiot than Micheal Moore. Why anyone watches that retard's show is beyond me.

Taylor is offline  
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 02:13 AM
The Janitor
 
32VfromHell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Sacred Heart Hospital
Posts: 16,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra View Post
Easy.

I bitch about lots of things in our version of capitalism and I make money selling software to unsuspecting soles.

Moore's big problem is he didn't differentiate between free market capitalism and cronyism capitalism. He lumped them all together. Also there is an economic and social aspect to capitalism which he seems to forget as well.

Then... we have the retards in Washington DC. As an example, I'm an "outlaw" because I play online poker (I actually had one of my withdrawal checks bounce back in July when the DOJ decided to hit the processor) but... I can trade S&P 500 futures all day long.

Let me tell you... there is exactly 0% difference between me playing online poker and trading S&P 500 futures online (which I started to do this year. Much more bang for the buck compared to equities.) Both are zero sum games and both, in my opinion, are nothing other than gambling. There is no economical benefit to society, as a whole, with me trading futures. Same goes with playing online poker. But, I can run up to Winstar, spend money on gas (and help keep our dependence on foreign oil, ok... a stretch) and I'll within the law.

Stupid shit.

So, bitch all you want about Moore, but there entire system in America is nothing but retarded and I'm glad someone, even if there wrong on some points, is pointing out the stupidity.
Didnt you position earlier that it WASNT gambling when i said it was?

=)
32VfromHell is offline  
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 02:41 AM
Genetically Blessed
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: An Investment Bank
Posts: 13,733
Lol at bullet popping back up.
slow99 is offline  
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 08:48 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
Lol at bullet popping back up.
You guys must have just gotten in from 6th street! lol!

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 04:16 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32VfromHell View Post
Didnt you position earlier that it WASNT gambling when i said it was?

=)
Depends on your time frame and your strategy.

Is poker gambling? To some yes, to me probably.

When you are dealing with zero-sum and you are basing your decisions on probabilities... it is gambling. Maybe not in the Vegas sense but it is still gambling.

Equities are totally different than futures. I put futures right along with poker.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)

Last edited by 01WhiteCobra; 10-11-2009 at 04:23 AM.
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 04:18 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
Regardess if you win or lose you are providing liquidity to the market and creating revenue for your broker, clearing firm, platform provider, NFA, etc. Lot of hands in the pie for there not to be an economic benefit.
Gimme a fucking break.

I guess I give economic benefit to the dealers and the waitresses in Vegas as well.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 09:02 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra View Post
Gimme a fucking break.

I guess I give economic benefit to the dealers and the waitresses in Vegas as well.

Don't forget the hookers and strippers.
sc281_99-0135 is offline  
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 10:19 AM
T5-T56-Tremec specialist
 
thesource's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Heading back to Plentywood
Posts: 8,389
I watched the 2nd half of the interview the other night and neither of them convinced anyone of anything. I agree with a lot of what Hannity says but he's not a very strong debater, he's more of a talking points person. Moore is a fucking hypocrite, plain and simple.
thesource is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome