What happened to vetting? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

What happened to vetting?

By THE WASHINGTON TIMES

A teacher was told by a 15-year-old high school sophomore that he was having homosexual sex with an "older man." At the very least, statutory rape occurred. Fox News reported that the teacher violated a state law requiring that he report the abuse. That former teacher, Kevin Jennings, is President Obama's "safe school czar." It's getting hard to keep track of all of this president's problematic appointments. Clearly, the process for vetting White House employees has broken down.

In this one case in which Mr. Jennings had a real chance to protect a young boy from a sexual predator, he not only failed to do what the law required but actually encouraged the relationship.

According to Mr. Jennings' own description in a new audiotape discovered by Fox News, the 15-year-old boy met the "older man" in a "bus station bathroom" and was taken to the older man's home that night. When some details about the case became public, Mr. Jennings threatened to sue another teacher who called his failure to report the statutory rape "unethical." Mr. Jennings' defenders asserted that there was no evidence that he was aware the student had sex with the older man.

However, the new audiotape contradicts this claim. In 2000, Mr. Jennings gave a talk to the Iowa chapter of the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network, an advocacy group that promotes homosexuality in schools. On the tape, Mr. Jennings recollected that he told the student to make sure "to use a condom" when he was with the older man. That he actively encouraged the relationship is reinforced by Mr. Jennings' own description in his 1994 book, "One Teacher in 10." In that account, the teacher boasts how he allayed the student's concerns about the relationship to such a degree that the 15-year-old "left my office with a smile on his face that I would see every time I saw him on the campus for the next two years, until he graduated."

Mr. Jennings' denials about these events reveal a lack of remorse. He has not admitted that he made mistakes in this case, and he now refuses to answer any questions about the scandal. Don't forget, this is a presidential appointee we're talking about. Mr. Obama should make clear what his standards are for public servants serving at the pleasure of the president. Encouraging and covering up man-boy sexual activity are serious offenses. The White House should force Mr. Jennings to come clean.

Mr. Jennings has made extremely radical statements promoting homosexuality in schools and about his utter contempt for religion that render him unsuitable for a prestigious White House appointment. His job in the Obama administration is to ensure student safety, and this scandal directly calls into question his ability to perform that job. Mr. Jennings and Obama administration officials refuse to answer any questions about this newly discovered evidence. A lot of Americans want answers about this guy and how he was approved for a job in the White House.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 06:29 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Two things that the article could do without: the line "an advocacy group that promotes homosexuality in schools" and the mention of Jennings' "utter contempt for religion." Unless they're handing out fliers and encouraging boy-on-boy and girl-on-girl sex in the school halls and classrooms, it's not a "group that promotes homosexuality in schools," and his religious beliefs are (well, should be) irrelevant for this job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 04:11 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
Two things that the article could do without: the line "an advocacy group that promotes homosexuality in schools" and the mention of Jennings' "utter contempt for religion." Unless they're handing out fliers and encouraging boy-on-boy and girl-on-girl sex in the school halls and classrooms, it's not a "group that promotes homosexuality in schools," and his religious beliefs are (well, should be) irrelevant for this job.
His personal religous stance should be irelevant, but to have contempt for religon is an entirely different thing. This is not having a different view or disagreeing, the word implies it is vile or worthless. That is an assumption by the writer from what I can tell though, I don't know him well enough to agree or disagree.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 04:51 PM
EW
Procrastination Racing

Read Malkin's culture of corruption. It is Fing INSANE!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 05:33 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow06 View Post
His personal religous stance should be irelevant, but to have contempt for religon is an entirely different thing. This is not having a different view or disagreeing, the word implies it is vile or worthless. That is an assumption by the writer from what I can tell though, I don't know him well enough to agree or disagree.
He can have contempt for religion, atheists, Jews, Muslims, Christians, pagans, or whatever he wants as long as there's no indication that his personal views on religion will interfere with his official duties. Since he's not being accused of promoting anti-religion in school, it looks like that statement was thrown in there just to build a stronger case against him from the Bible thumpers' perspective.

Quote:
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 06:14 PM
Num say'n? (tm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
...it's not a "group that promotes homosexuality in schools"
From their own website -
http://www.glsen.org/cgi-bin/iowa/al...ry/index.html:
Since homophobia and heterosexism undermine a healthy school climate, we work to educate teachers, students and the public at large about the damaging effects these forces have on youth and adults alike.

It would appear to me that this group claims anything but 100% acceptance of their views is homophobic and "heterosexist", I'd say its pretty clear that they DO, in fact, promote homosexuality in schools.

And if Obama's newest "czar" actively promoted an illegal sexual relationship when he had a legal duty as a teacher to report same, I'd say he should have been charged with a crime.

DFWMustangs.net
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 06:53 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post

Mr. Jennings has made extremely radical statements promoting homosexuality in schools and about his utter contempt for religion that render him unsuitable for a prestigious White House appointment.

Not that I'm defending this assbag, but what does having utter contempt of religion have to do with anything? I mean hell, Jennings really sounded pretty fucking stupid until that point.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 07:11 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP135 View Post
From their own website -
http://www.glsen.org/cgi-bin/iowa/al...ry/index.html:
Since homophobia and heterosexism undermine a healthy school climate, we work to educate teachers, students and the public at large about the damaging effects these forces have on youth and adults alike.

It would appear to me that this group claims anything but 100% acceptance of their views is homophobic and "heterosexist", I'd say its pretty clear that they DO, in fact, promote homosexuality in schools.
They're not actively recruiting straight kids for their evil army of gays and lesbians. They're just trying to show people that it's alright to live a different lifestyle (without affecting anybody else, BTW).
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP135 View Post
And if Obama's newest "czar" actively promoted an illegal sexual relationship when he had a legal duty as a teacher to report same, I'd say he should have been charged with a crime.
I agree.

Quote:
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 09:11 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

He paid his taxes and the Obama people haven't quite figured out how to work Google yet. At least he's not a communist.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement