Really, Palin? - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Really, Palin?

You haven't finished up your 15 minutes yet?

Quote:
Sarah Palin (PAY'-lin) has finished her memoir just four months after the book deal was announced. Her publisher says the release date has been moved up from the spring to Nov. 17
I think her publisher was more like... "Crap, everyone is forgetting who she is. If we don't release now this book is going straight to the 75% Off store."

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 04:50 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra View Post
You haven't finished up your 15 minutes yet?



I think her publisher was more like... "Crap, everyone is forgetting who she is. If we don't release now this book is going straight to the 75% Off store."
Well, wouldn't you do whatever you could to make money if you didn't have a job right now? She doesn't have one anymore.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #3 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 04:54 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET
 
HOOCBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DFW MUSTANGS . NET
Posts: 3,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
Well, wouldn't you do whatever you could to make money if you didn't have a job right now? She doesn't have one anymore.
By her own choice, if I might add. She has legal fees to pay for.

HOOCBB is offline  
 
post #4 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Don't diss Palin on here. Apparently she's a goddess of political genius.

Slowhand is offline  
post #5 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 04:58 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
By her own choice, if I might add. She has legal fees to pay for.
I don't care either way. I'm just being realistic. Anyone in her position would do that same thing for an easy buck. Being that she's a politician, it should come to no surprise she'd go for the easy money.

She's an unemployed Grandma, she's got mouths to feed!

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #6 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
I'll bet it's a "best seller" for a long time.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #7 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Lifer
 
JimD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Haughton,La,USA
Posts: 14,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
I don't care either way. I'm just being realistic. Anyone in her position would do that same thing for an easy buck. Being that she's a politician, it should come to no surprise she'd go for the easy money.

She's an unemployed Grandma, she's got mouths to feed!
She needs to pose for hustler.
JimD is offline  
post #8 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 05:05 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
She needs to pose for hustler.
I remember when old Larry Flynt would offer certain women $1,000,000 to pose "Hustler-style". I haven't bought a Hustler mag in 25 years, but if she was in it, I'd buy it.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #9 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Oh, I don't doubt it will be on the NY Times list for awhile.

I also don't blame her for doing it.

I just don't know what the fascination with her is. I probably won't read her book but really the only reason is because I'd be hearing her annoying accent on every word I read and it would force me to put a bullet in my head.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #10 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 05:21 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS
 
Geor!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HERE WE GO!!!
Posts: 18,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
I remember when old Larry Flynt would offer certain women $1,000,000 to pose "Hustler-style". I haven't bought a Hustler mag in 25 years, but if she was in it, I'd buy it.
I'm assuming he was never successful?

Geor! is offline  
post #11 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 05:22 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
She needs to pose for hustler.
The question is, would you spank it to her or not? I bet she's a dirty girl.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #12 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 05:22 PM
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Im tired of her. Shes worthless.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #13 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 05:23 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
Im tired of her. Shes worthless.
I would have rather put up with her for more 4 years than who's in office now.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #14 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In a house
Posts: 255
If my life could publish a book I would release it and so would all of you.

Larius is offline  
post #15 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
I would have rather put up with her for more 4 years than who's in office now.
I agree, but really. Shes a drama queen.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #16 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
I would have rather put up with her for more 4 years than who's in office now.
I'm not so sure about that. She and Johnny would be moving along the same big-government path doing just as poorly, but her/their failure would lead to a further strengthening of the Democratic party which is something this country doesn't need.


Last edited by Slowhand; 09-28-2009 at 06:39 PM.
Slowhand is offline  
post #17 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
I would have rather put up with her for more 4 years than who's in office now.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michele_Bachmann

Make Sarah Palin look like a Kennedy.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #18 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 05:50 PM
Lifer
 
46Tbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 33,187
All I will ever think of when I hear the name Palin is when she tanked the Republican ticket in the 2008 election.

I don't care who likes her or thinks she's even a good politician, in retrospect it was her that caused the McCain ticket to become "unelectable."
46Tbird is offline  
post #19 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 05:54 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
I'm assuming he was never successful?
Not that I recall. It was always some famous actress or personality. I do remember he offered Barbara Walters and Farah Fawcett the money, but no-go.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #20 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
All I will ever think of when I hear the name Palin is when she tanked the Republican ticket in the 2008 election.

I don't care who likes her or thinks she's even a good politician, in retrospect it was her that caused the McCain ticket to become "unelectable."
Bingo!

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #21 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
No one running on the Republican ticket was going to win.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #22 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 06:19 PM
Lifer
 
46Tbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 33,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
No one running on the Republican ticket was going to win.
I generally agree with you. However, a young charismatic guy for VP could have really made them more competitive. At least make it a fighting chance. However, the Obama hoopla in '08 was pretty insane...
46Tbird is offline  
post #23 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 07:08 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
No one running on the Republican ticket was going to win.
I dunno.. three years is an eternity in politics. But I sure as hell hope that Palin is nowhere near the Republican ticket.

Right now I think it is more important to focus on the mid term elections. The Republicans have a huge opportunity, they had better not waste it..

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #24 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 07:26 PM
CJD
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
I generally agree with you. However, a young charismatic guy for VP could have really made them more competitive. At least make it a fighting chance. However, the Obama hoopla in '08 was pretty insane...
Like who? That's the point. There was no real choice in that mold for VP. The Republican party didn't really offer any sexy choices which is a big reason why Obama won. The Republican party didn't stand a chance no matter who ran against Obama. Maybe Giuliani, don't know...
CJD is offline  
post #25 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 07:29 PM
CJD
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
I dunno.. three years is an eternity in politics. But I sure as hell hope that Palin is nowhere near the Republican ticket.

Right now I think it is more important to focus on the mid term elections. The Republicans have a huge opportunity, they had better not waste it..
Yes they do, but the people running the Republican party are idiots. I stand by the fact that if the Republican party were ran better, they wouldn't have lost so many seats in Congress. Don't get me wrong, they would've lost the majority either way, but if they had guys that knew what they were doing running the thing, they wouldn't have lost so many seats. I like the way Democrats run their party. They do whatever it takes to win.
CJD is offline  
post #26 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJD View Post
Like who? That's the point. There was no real choice in that mold for VP. The Republican party didn't really offer any sexy choices which is a big reason why Obama won. The Republican party didn't stand a chance no matter who ran against Obama. Maybe Giuliani, don't know...
There are plenty. Seriously, how many had heard of Obama prior to this election?

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #27 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 07:44 PM
CJD
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra View Post
There are plenty. Seriously, how many had heard of Obama prior to this election?
Name them!

I did! I heard about Obama atleast a year or two before he started to run.
CJD is offline  
post #28 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJD View Post
Name them!

I did! I heard about Obama atleast a year or two before he started to run.
I named one above in Rep. Bachmann.

Two others that come to mind is another from AK, Senator Lisa Murkowski (some one from AK who has a brain) and Senator John Isakson from GA.

Others than come to mind (at the moment not really thinking about it)... Charlie Crist... Tim Pawlenty... Haley Barbour... Bobby Jindal (I mean when someone of Indian decent gets elected Governor of a southern state there must be something there.)

I would have put Mark Sanford in there but, well, we all know what happened there.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #29 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 08:52 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJD View Post
Yes they do, but the people running the Republican party are idiots. I stand by the fact that if the Republican party were ran better, they wouldn't have lost so many seats in Congress. Don't get me wrong, they would've lost the majority either way, but if they had guys that knew what they were doing running the thing, they wouldn't have lost so many seats. I like the way Democrats run their party. They do whatever it takes to win.
I think that is a very reasonable argument.

But I think there is more to that argument. I think the Republicans lost control because they stopped being Republicans. If the Republicans are going to act like Democrats, you might as well vote for a Democrat.

But check this. Say the Republicans win back control of both houses in 2010. It would be the best thing that could happen to Obama. Just like Clinton in after 1994. With the House firmly Republican control, he went centrist and easily won re-election against a good guy that was a weak candidate (Dole). On the bright side, some of Clinton's better work came about when he was working with Republicans.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #30 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 09:50 PM
CJD
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
I think that is a very reasonable argument.

But I think there is more to that argument. I think the Republicans lost control because they stopped being Republicans. If the Republicans are going to act like Democrats, you might as well vote for a Democrat.

But check this. Say the Republicans win back control of both houses in 2010. It would be the best thing that could happen to Obama. Just like Clinton in after 1994. With the House firmly Republican control, he went centrist and easily won re-election against a good guy that was a weak candidate (Dole). On the bright side, some of Clinton's better work came about when he was working with Republicans.
I hear what you're saying, and I've heard the argument before. I even subscribed to that same argument before. I disagree, I think that's part of why Republicans lost control, but I think most of it had to do with Iraq. Iraq was the albatross around the neck of Bush and ended up being the same for Republicans in general. Long before the backlash against Republicans for overspending, the people started rebelling against Republicans because of Iraq. Iraq started things, then the overspending made them worse.

Yeah, see, that's what people wanted all along, was for the two parties to work together. That's why Obama was elected, because he promised those things would happen. I knew his promises wouldn't come to fruition, but the people foolishly believed him simply because he made great speeches and he said the things that tickled "the perverbial g-spot" of the nation.
CJD is offline  
post #31 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 09:52 PM
CJD
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra View Post
I named one above in Rep. Bachmann.

Two others that come to mind is another from AK, Senator Lisa Murkowski (some one from AK who has a brain) and Senator John Isakson from GA.

Others than come to mind (at the moment not really thinking about it)... Charlie Crist... Tim Pawlenty... Haley Barbour... Bobby Jindal (I mean when someone of Indian decent gets elected Governor of a southern state there must be something there.)

I would have put Mark Sanford in there but, well, we all know what happened there.
Eh, none of those names are exciting except maybe Jindal, and I personally thought that he was more needed in Louisiana than as a VP which probably had something to do with why he wasn't picked.
CJD is offline  
post #32 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJD View Post
Eh, none of those names are exciting except maybe Jindal, and I personally thought that he was more needed in Louisiana than as a VP which probably had something to do with why he wasn't picked.
What year is it?

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #33 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 10:04 PM
Factory Issue
 
Yale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 12,295
Is anyone surprised? No. She also made a speech in China recently, and was paid ~$300,000 for it. And Michele Bachmann? LMAO! There's a person that'll unite the country!

Give me a dollar.
Yale is offline  
post #34 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
Is anyone surprised? No. She also made a speech in China recently, and was paid ~$300,000 for it. And Michele Bachmann? LMAO! There's a person that'll unite the country!
Today no. After 3 years of Republican grooming, maybe.

Y'all crack me up.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #35 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Factory Issue
 
Yale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 12,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra View Post
Today no. After 3 years of Republican grooming, maybe.

Y'all crack me up.
Write her in then.

Give me a dollar.
Yale is offline  
post #36 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
Write her in then.
Might not have to. But she will be a major part of the RNC, regardless, in 2012.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #37 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 05:43 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Drudge had a report that there are orders for 1.5 million copies of Palins book. Politician or not, she knows how to make a buck.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #38 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 08:38 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The hooker Hotel
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
I don't care either way. I'm just being realistic. Anyone in her position would do that same thing for an easy buck. Being that she's a politician, it should come to no surprise she'd go for the easy money.

She's an unemployed Grandma, she's got mouths to feed!

Her tit's could breast feed an army. I am hopping to be first in line.
svo855 is offline  
post #39 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 12:14 PM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
I generally agree with you. However, a young charismatic guy for VP could have really made them more competitive. At least make it a fighting chance. However, the Obama hoopla in '08 was pretty insane...
It wouldn't have mattered. People were voting against republicans, not voting for bama. Blaming the loss on Palin is ridiculous. She is so popular because she is an all-American female and that's exactly why the media crucified her. They couldn't grasp that a normal all-American female who isn't incredibly wealthy could be so popular in the political world. If we were boosting the natural resource drilling she was campaigning on, our economy would look a hell of a lot better right now.
Hass is offline  
post #40 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass View Post
It wouldn't have mattered. People were voting against republicans, not voting for bama. Blaming the loss on Palin is ridiculous. She is so popular because she is an all-American female and that's exactly why the media crucified her. They couldn't grasp that a normal all-American female who isn't incredibly wealthy could be so popular in the political world. If we were boosting the natural resource drilling she was campaigning on, our economy would look a hell of a lot better right now.
That's pretty much my take on it.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #41 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 07:45 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
That's pretty much my take on it.
I agree. I still find it funny that self-proclaimed conservatives will support a lifelong politician in RP whiole villifying Palin. She isn't a typical politician and is a true conservative who isn't a kook like RP.

I don't know if she will be a major player in 2012 but I sure hope a true conservative LIKE her is there.

I am also laughing at someone claiming she lost the election for McCain. The Republicans lost it when they nominated him instead of a conservative candidate who had solid ideas. Palin was the best part of that ticket by far. I do disagree with the conservatives who claim McCain would have been worse than Obama although I see their point that four years of him would have not helped the conservative movement as much as Obama has.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #42 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
To the original poster, no one is forgetting who Sarah Palin is.

#1 best seller with millions sold and it hasn't even come out yet.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/bestse...-Barnes--Noble

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books

http://www.borders.com/online/store/...4&simple=false

Maybe you are scared it will make your bama books look like toilet paper?
Hass is offline  
post #43 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 03:31 PM
Banned
 
poopnut2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Fence
Posts: 20,196
What the fuck has she done to merit a published memoir? "Just like Russia, the possibility of winning the election was further than I thought."
poopnut2 is offline  
post #44 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
What the fuck has she done to merit a published memoir? "Just like Russia, the possibility of winning the election was further than I thought."
About as much as bama did to merit becoming president. Except her views would be good for this country.
Hass is offline  
post #45 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Banned
 
poopnut2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Fence
Posts: 20,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass View Post
About as much as bama did to merit becoming president. Except her views would be good for this country.
Or being like every politician, she is probably just full of shit.
poopnut2 is offline  
post #46 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 10:33 PM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
Or being like every politician, she is probably just full of shit.
Are you going to read the book, ask questions, and decide for yourself? Or just make judgments and post them on the internet?
Hass is offline  
post #47 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Banned
 
poopnut2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Fence
Posts: 20,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass View Post
Are you going to read the book, ask questions, and decide for yourself? Or just make judgments and post them on the internet?
I'll be honest. I'm probably not going to read the book. Politicians in general are selfish bastards that once elected like to push their own agenda. That's all I can really say. Until she DOES something to show me otherwise...that will be my opinion of her.

Remember, I did post a thread about regretting voting for Obama. I do however that extreme views, both conservative AND liberal are wrong. Obama ran a campaign that made me think he would be more willing to embrace views from both sides. I was wrong so far. I'll admit that.
poopnut2 is offline  
post #48 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 02:42 AM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
I'll be honest. I'm probably not going to read the book. Politicians in general are selfish bastards that once elected like to push their own agenda. That's all I can really say. Until she DOES something to show me otherwise...that will be my opinion of her.

Remember, I did post a thread about regretting voting for Obama. I do however that extreme views, both conservative AND liberal are wrong. Obama ran a campaign that made me think he would be more willing to embrace views from both sides. I was wrong so far. I'll admit that.
Anyone can respect a person for making a mistake as long as they learn from said mistake.
Hass is offline  
post #49 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Lifer
 
futant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 1,664
I think she's alright.
I hope the book does her some good. Seems like she is losing in her career though.
Hopefully she can be a lead female in conservative / libertarian movement.
Much like hillary is to the loony far left.

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

94 CBR 600 naked, handbraked, -1 +3 sprockets, one wheel operation mod

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."
futant is offline  
post #50 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
Or being like every politician, she is probably just full of shit.
So you trusted Obama but he disappointed you and now you won't trust Palin? She seems to me to be the type of person who is less of a politicain than anyone else on either ticket was.

Hell, Obama comes across like the typical politician to most, and yet you thought he would be different. LMAO!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome