Obama: Legalize illegals to get them health care - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Obama: Legalize illegals to get them health care

President Obama said this week that his health care plan won't cover illegal immigrants, but argued that's all the more reason to legalize them and ensure they eventually do get coverage.

He also staked out a position that anyone in the country legally should be covered - a major break with the 1996 welfare reform bill, which limited most federal public assistance programs only to citizens and longtime immigrants.

"Even though I do not believe we can extend coverage to those who are here illegally, I also don't simply believe we can simply ignore the fact that our immigration system is broken," Mr. Obama said Wednesday evening in a speech to the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute. "That's why I strongly support making sure folks who are here legally have access to affordable, quality health insurance under this plan, just like everybody else.

Mr. Obama added, "If anything, this debate underscores the necessity of passing comprehensive immigration reform and resolving the issue of 12 million undocumented people living and working in this country once and for all."

Republicans said that amounts to an amnesty, calling it a backdoor effort to make sure current illegal immigrants get health care…

Washington Times
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Hunt James for President

He lied!

95 Rio Red Cobra#3881
http://obamaclock.org
post #3 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 04:54 PM
Time Served

Its really easy...

By law, hospitals cannot turn away emergency care for anyone.
(Lack of insurance or unknown status has nothing to do with it.)

If someone needs long term care on MY dime, they will need to provide status of citizenship.

A public option is bad enough (and I HOPE it dies in Washington).

That statement aside, if you are not a tax paying CITIZEN of this country, which includes illegals and all matter of folks here on Visas, work permits, whatever....
You should not get federally funded long term care.

The employer should provide it or your home country should cover it.

Other than that... save up some cash for a rainy day in case you get sick, learn English and study up for your citizenship test.... if you don't like it, go HOME.

I know I sound like an asshole, but this whole perception of ENTITLEMENT is insane.

post #4 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Freethinker

So what do you guys have against making illegals legal? If they are here working why shouldnt they be paying Social Security?
I think it can only help our country having people that will work their ass off for less than most. They do most of the work that no one else wants to do anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
....LMAO @.... trying to figure out how to make a Utopian society!
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Variable-speed-Limits
post #5 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Time Served

I guarantee you that in this economy, there are plenty of Americans that would love to do some landscaping work...

Most illegals work under the table... hence no federal funds...

Having no illegals would necessarily raise the price of a car wash, landscaping work or construction, but would also provide needed jobs right now.

Its time for people to get up off their asses, off of unemployment and find a job.

I was laid off 5 years ago I had to work 2 shit jobs to cover expenses for 6 months.... Its not fun, but the work is out there....

As far as legal immigration... You're rght, its a good thing, and our admission processes should really be brought up to date for the 21st century...

There are are really good hard working people that would be a real asset to America. But you have to do your time. It should never be... "Hey I jumped the fence and had a kid... now help us survive...."

Some people may be VERY surprised how Mexico handles THEIR southern border.... they are much less "compassionate" than America is...

post #6 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 01:00 AM
Time Served

jobs americans wont do is such bullshit. They try and use it to make americans sound lazy, when the truth is they cant live off those jobs since the pay is shit cause of illegal immigrants.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2009/09/...e_dailyfinance

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.
post #7 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 07:50 AM
Lifer

If illegals and the people who hire them, had to pay all the legal taxes and benefits, there would be no pay discrepancies between the two.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #8 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 09:06 AM
Freethinker

ITS not like all Mexicans want to come over here and work. The ones we usually get are the ones that are willing to work hard because they know they can make a good living. They are the first ones on the jobs and the last ones to leave.

Quote:
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

post #9 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Lifer

Personally I will gladly pay more for products and services provided through the work of American citizens. This would of course include those immigrants, whatever their nationality, who bothered to put forth the effort to become American citizens.

The problem with exclusively "buying American" products though is that often they originate in other countries and simply have American branding slapped on them. I would much prefer that if a product originates from overseas, stop hiding that fact and let it compete side by side with truly American-made products.
post #10 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 10:58 AM
Lifer

President is WRONG on all levels.

I originated from Canada with my family in 1998 and we did it the proper way with visa's and all that stuff. It was not cheap to come to this country. Hell, in order to be a citizen I had to cough up over $400 cash.

Had to wait 18 months for a green card, also had to wait over 2 YEARS to get my citizenship.

So if we had to pay up the cash and time to do it right, why should mexicans be able to come in so easily? They should have to take the time and effort and funds to do it themselves, like I did.

Letting them (mexicans) be forgiven for hopping the border is complete crap!

NO NO NO, it should be DFWLS1's, CUMMINS, C6 VETTES.net
post #11 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 11:22 AM
Got Lateral G's??

The problem with legalizing WORKING illegals is that they typically bring a wife and 3 kids that aren't working or paying into the system.

Being here illegally is AGAINST THE LAW! Enforce the fucking laws already and round the bastards up and ship em' back.

Looking for sponsorships for 2010 on the car above... PM for details and schedule.

I'm a mod motor GOD! LOL!
post #12 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Lifer

Next step: "We cannot deny non-citizens the right to vote."

Get ready for it.
post #13 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie97 View Post
The problem with legalizing WORKING illegals is that they typically bring a wife and 3 kids that aren't working or paying into the system.

Being here illegally is AGAINST THE LAW! Enforce the fucking laws already and round the bastards up and ship em' back.
post #14 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 11:32 PM
Bullet Sponge

My wife and I paid over 3k for her to get through the paperwork for her visa and that was AFTER we got married. 18 months of waiting, papers and bills to the State Department before her interview and we STILL have to wait 2 years for her immigration status to be citizen. This is BS. Fuck illegals.
post #15 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 07:44 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie97 View Post

So now we are mad cause the Mexican kids arent working too?

You know, I love hearing all these stories about how perfect we all are and how we should give everyone that talks with an accent the boot. I grew up in S. Texas (no, Im as caucasian as they come) and saw the immigration process first hand. Even got to ride a greyhound bus with my "nanny" to brownsville once a month for as long as I could remember just to see her get denied everytime. It took 10 years to finally get her citizenship!

Shes one of those "evil" people ya'll describe making all this money under the table and sending it back to Mexico (actually El Salvador). Im telling ya, she was a millionaire. She made a whopping $20/day cleaning peoples houses for them and it was enough for her to cover her food and bus ticket every month.

Lets not forget not a single one of our family trees started in this country either (unless your native american of course), but its cool right cause that was then and this is now.

Anyway, I dont think blaming the illegals is the problem, its the system that is the problem. I would be willing to bet that most of the people who come here illegally would be happy to go through the correct process if it was just streamlined.

Last edited by Lason; 09-21-2009 at 07:52 AM.
post #16 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 08:12 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
So what do you guys have against making illegals legal? If they are here working why shouldnt they be paying Social Security?
I think it can only help our country having people that will work their ass off for less than most. They do most of the work that no one else wants to do anyway.
Why would I want to make somebody a citizen if they obviously don't give a shit about the laws in the first place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lason View Post
So now we are mad cause the Mexican kids arent working too?

You know, I love hearing all these stories about how perfect we all are and how we should give everyone that talks with an accent the boot. I grew up in S. Texas (no, Im as caucasian as they come) and saw the immigration process first hand. Even got to ride a greyhound bus with my "nanny" to brownsville once a month for as long as I could remember just to see her get denied everytime. It took 10 years to finally get her citizenship!

Shes one of those "evil" people ya'll describe making all this money under the table and sending it back to Mexico (actually El Salvador). Im telling ya, she was a millionaire. She made a whopping $20/day cleaning peoples houses for them and it was enough for her to cover her food and bus ticket every month.

Lets not forget not a single one of our family trees started in this country either (unless your native american of course), but its cool right cause that was then and this is now.

Anyway, I dont think blaming the illegals is the problem, its the system that is the problem. I would be willing to bet that most of the people who come here illegally would be happy to go through the correct process if it was just streamlined.
You are totally right, lets not blame the people breaking the law, lets blame the laws because they are just too though. Get back to me next time somebody steals from you. Your nanny is not a menace, but if she was here illegally she was straight up breaking the law.

Both of you answer me this questions:
1. Why are you ok with immigrants (of any nationality) breaking the law?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #17 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 08:28 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow06 View Post
Both of you answer me this questions:
1. Why are you ok with immigrants (of any nationality) breaking the law?
Because my family along with 99% of this boards came to this country as illegal aliens to start a new life and now all of a sudden everyone wants to stop what this country was founded on and think they are higher and mightier than these people.
post #18 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 08:30 AM
Lifer

oh and just to back up my statements, I bet everyone of you "patriots" love the statue of liberty. What about her meaning?

"Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
post #19 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 08:47 AM
Moved to dfw mustangs.net

Quote:
Because my family along with 99% of this boards came to this country as illegal aliens to start a new life and now all of a sudden everyone wants to stop what this country was founded on and think they are higher and mightier than these people.

No sir.

My family stopped at Ellis Island, they didn't cross the fuckin rio grande and plant a flag saying "this is ours, no takebacks!".
post #20 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 08:51 AM
Num say'n? (tm)

My family imigrated here from Scotland. LEGALLY. I have no problem with imigrants. I have a HUGE problem with ILLEGAL immigrants.

DFWMustangs.net
post #21 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 08:52 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowthreeohz View Post
No sir.

My family stopped at Ellis Island, they didn't cross the fuckin rio grande and plant a flag saying "this is ours, no takebacks!".
Point is Kyle, they still came here for better lives. The exact same principal applies here except the river they cross and they river our families crossed were a bit different in size.

If they would still process aliens like they did back then then this whole conversation wouldnt even exist.

The problem is the outdated system.
post #22 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Dude, you are so fucking WRONG.

Why is it a problem that your "nanny" and 25 million other undocumented illegals should acquire legal status to be in this country? Why is it a problem that they should be "forced" to work for legal wages and pay legal taxes? Maybe they should even be "forced" to get an education and learn the English language so that they can have an opportunity to make this country even better than it already is. The horrors!!

My ancestors from Holland saved everything they had to send their CHILDREN to this country so that they would be afforded an opportunity they never would have had in post-WWI Europe. They didn't try to sneak them over to work shit jobs for shit wages and stay uneducated in a shadow society while refusing to assimilate into the American culture. So yes, in that way, they were higher and mightier than the illegal immigrants that have overrun our country today.

If you have a problem with the laws, try to change them. But they're what we have to work with today and frankly I think they're fine. Anyone knowingly breaking our immigration laws is a criminal, including your nanny and 25 million people just like her.
post #23 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 10:07 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Point is Kyle, they still came here for better lives. The exact same principal applies here except the river they cross and they river our families crossed were a bit different in size.

If they would still process aliens like they did back then then this whole conversation wouldnt even exist.

The problem is the outdated system.
So the problem is the system. That doesn't mean it is acceptable to come here and just do as you want. Sure, the system needs to be fixed, people need to follow the rules too.

Why do we keep coming back to this entitlement issue? Everyone is entitled to live here. Everyone is entitled to healthcare. Everyone is entitled to citizenship. It's bullshit.
post #24 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 10:14 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
Dude, you are so fucking WRONG.

Why is it a problem that your "nanny" and 25 million other undocumented illegals should acquire legal status to be in this country? Why is it a problem that they should be "forced" to work for legal wages and pay legal taxes? Maybe they should even be "forced" to get an education and learn the English language so that they can have an opportunity to make this country even better than it already is. The horrors!!

My ancestors from Holland saved everything they had to send their CHILDREN to this country so that they would be afforded an opportunity they never would have had in post-WWI Europe. They didn't try to sneak them over to work shit jobs for shit wages and stay uneducated in a shadow society while refusing to assimilate into the American culture. So yes, in that way, they were higher and mightier than the illegal immigrants that have overrun our country today.

If you have a problem with the laws, try to change them. But they're what we have to work with today and frankly I think they're fine. Anyone knowingly breaking our immigration laws is a criminal, including your nanny and 25 million people just like her.
You honestly didnt read a single thing I said did you?

I agree that everyone coming from Mexico or anywhere else should have to aquire legal status if they intend to live here. Never once did I say that they should be able to come and go as they please. I also agree they should have to pay taxes and pay for healthcare, etc etc.

The problem though is the system and they way its setup. Did you read the part about me sitting at the immigration office in brownsville all those years? It took her 10 years of monthly or bi-monthly check up's to finally get her citizenship. So shes not a criminal but great assumption once again.

The point Im making is a high percentage of these people do try to get their citizenship but the way the system is setup its nearly impossibly unless you come here with bags of cash.
post #25 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 10:41 AM
Bullet Sponge

We should mine the borders and place snipers to shoot anyone crossing and have a nice, well lit area for those who want to come legally. Are you a guy or gal ages 18 to 40 who wants to start a good life in America? Sign here. Welcome to the US Army. You earn citizenship while you serve the country you want to come into.

Fuck illegals again. My family came over here and stopped off at Ellis as well. My wife came here legally and I did her paperwork. Illegals, who are by their nature breaking the law, should be shot on sight.
post #26 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 10:53 AM
Bullet Sponge

Quote:
You honestly didnt read a single thing I said did you?

I agree that everyone coming from Mexico or anywhere else should have to aquire legal status if they intend to live here. Never once did I say that they should be able to come and go as they please. I also agree they should have to pay taxes and pay for healthcare, etc etc.

The problem though is the system and they way its setup. Did you read the part about me sitting at the immigration office in brownsville all those years? It took her 10 years of monthly or bi-monthly check up's to finally get her citizenship. So shes not a criminal but great assumption once again.

The point Im making is a high percentage of these people do try to get their citizenship but the way the system is setup its nearly impossibly unless you come here with bags of cash.
Actually, she WAS a criminal. Illegal = criminal. Drinking and driving? Illegal. Drinking and driving? Criminal. See how that works? If they are violating the law by being here, they are criminals and should be treated as such. Just because you met a nice one who took care of you doesn't change it. That's like saying "Oh, I met this really nice crack dealer. He takes my kids out to Chuck E Cheese and is just a really great guy. He isn't a criminal, he just sells crack."
post #27 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
Actually, she WAS a criminal. Illegal = criminal. Drinking and driving? Illegal. Drinking and driving? Criminal. See how that works? If they are violating the law by being here, they are criminals and should be treated as such. Just because you met a nice one who took care of you doesn't change it. That's like saying "Oh, I met this really nice crack dealer. He takes my kids out to Chuck E Cheese and is just a really great guy. He isn't a criminal, he just sells crack."

Dude, just like above you may read what I write but you dont comprehend shit do you?

She was here on visa's for about 10 years having to check in with the immigration office monthly and getting her paperworked turned down over and over but still legally here and finally got her paperwork approved 10 years after she got here.

Why would an illegal alien go to the border, into a immigration office 1-2 times a month for 10 years if they were evading the law?
post #28 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 11:16 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Wrong. This country was not founded on "Everyone can come here as they please and break the laws in doing so". Nobody wants to stop immigration all together, just ILLEGAL immigration. They are two completly separate things.

This is not about any citizen being better than any non-citizen, I think most of us have no problem with legal immigration. The only group we "look down on" are the criminals who break the laws. I don't like rapists, thieves or illegal immigrants. I think they are breaking laws, I think they are doing something illegal. How is that high and mighty?

Immigrant and Illegal alien are not the same. An immigrant is someone who comes to this country in search of a better life (this is what the SOL is referencing), an illegal alien is someone who broke this country's laws because they did not want to wait in line.

My point has already been made buy I will say it anyway. My family did not come here illegally, they wen through the proper channels to become citizens. You seem to have no problem with people breaking our country's laws to live here, and that I don't get. Yes the system needs fixing, but that does not make it ok to break a perfectly legal law. The end does not justify the means. The laws are not even questionable as far as legality, so I guess I just don't get why you are ok with breaking them.

On you Statue of Liberty quote, if you think that means "Please come here and break our laws" then I guess this is a worthless discussion.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com

Last edited by slow06; 09-21-2009 at 11:32 AM.
post #29 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 11:19 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Dude, just like above you may read what I write but you dont comprehend shit do you?

She was here on visa's for about 10 years having to check in with the immigration office monthly and getting her paperworked turned down over and over but still legally here and finally got her paperwork approved 10 years after she got here.

Why would an illegal alien go to the border, into a immigration office 1-2 times a month for 10 years if they were evading the law?
In your earlier post you made it sound like she was here illegally.

Quote:
"she is one of those evil people you describe"
You didn't say she had a visa earlier. If she did then this discussion is not about her in the slightest because she was a legal immigrant. Not sure why you would bring her up in a thread about illegal immigration and then get mad at someone for assuming she was illegal.

- Benjamin Franklin

www.blowoutcongress.com

Last edited by slow06; 09-21-2009 at 11:30 AM.
post #30 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Bullet Sponge

I agree. You made it sound like she was illegal. If she was here legally then there isn't an issue. She followed the law. Illegals however, don't.
post #31 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 11:49 AM
Lifer

Quote:
In your earlier post you made it sound like she was here illegally.

You didn't say she had a visa earlier. If she did then this discussion is not about her in the slightest because she was a legal immigrant. Not sure why you would bring her up in a thread about illegal immigration and then get mad at someone for assuming she was illegal.
Quote:
I agree. You made it sound like she was illegal. If she was here legally then there isn't an issue. She followed the law. Illegals however, don't.

Sorry, I said in my first post that I was with her at the immigration office once a month and it took so long to finally get citizenship that it would be assumed she was here legally and trying.

My point all along has been that the system is fucked up. If you got bags of money and a good lawyer then all kinds of red tape could get cut through but for the majority who come here with nothing, its a complete obsticle course and is anything but easy to get get legal.

I dont agree with hardly anything Obama says but I believe this is what he would like to happen and to streamline the process and make it easier for these people and I agree with that. Now if he is just going to give amnesty to every person here illegally no matter what then I DO have an issue with that.
post #32 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 11:50 AM
Lifer

Quote:
WTF

You said she was here illegally. I comprehended everything you wrote, you never mentioned she was here legally, on a visa. I have no problem with her being in the US, we need more like her who are willing to play by the rules.
post #33 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 11:58 AM
Lifer

Quote:
WTF

You said she was here illegally. I comprehended everything you wrote, you never mentioned she was here legally, on a visa. I have no problem with her being in the US, we need more like her who are willing to play by the rules.

No I never said "illegal", I said we were at the office monthly and she kept getting denied. My fault though, I didnt make it clear enough.

She obviously was here legally because they didnt cuff her on the spot and deport her.
post #34 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Lifer

Entitlement = everything that liberals and democrats pronounce is 'the American way'
These people that support the handouts have no understanding of all the people that have worked their ass off and the few that defend the freedoms they want to give away.

Their goals are exactly what Obama wants - marxist ways, redistributions of wealth and ENTITLEMENT. They aren't even hiding it!
America is a place to come and WORK for your dream. That will be all gone soon !
Taxation and inflation here we come. We are a slave to the FED and their wall street cronies.
They claim it will help us all, but only time will tell. Just remember who fucked this up, and who is currently still fucking it up further.

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

94 CBR 600 naked, handbraked, -1 +3 sprockets, one wheel operation mod

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."
post #35 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Time Served

None of this shit is gonna get fixed until we can at least AGREE that unchecked, ILLEGAL immigration is a bad thing.

Its long past due to REALLY start putting white collar executives in the slammer for knowingly hiring illegal workers, and fining the living CRAP out of them if they're "looking the other way".

I guarantee you that when the jobs dry up, half of the influx will be fixed OVERNIGHT.... without a dime spent....

Once there... if you are arrested and are illegal.... you get a 5th class ticket back to your country of origin courtesy of the US taxpayer.... get caught again.... it should be a felony in a federal prison... when time is served you get to go back... AGAIN.

Get caught in an ICE sting? Deported....

Just those 2 steps above would probably cut our illegal issue in half...

Once there... let's refine our immigration system so productive folks have a LEGITIMATE and time sensitive way of becoming Americans... where basic training in English and American government is provided. (Hell, we're spending the cash now. Let's spend it on people who are going to be productive Americans.)

There should be a large gap of federal\state assistance between LEGAL immigrants with Visas and American citizens. We want there to be as many reasons for these folks to complete the process as possible. Let's face it, once you are IN, most people can just say "screw it" and let the visas expire without a downside..... Its not like ICE is going to be knocking down doors in the neighborhood.

Just my 2 cents...

post #36 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

My wife is an immigrant (via Malaysia). She came to this country in 1995. She speaks 5 languages – is college educated – she did everything legally. We were married in 2004, our daughter was born in 2007 and my wife became a citizen in 2008.

Tell my wife how difficult the illegals have it. She paid out of state tuition (3 times higher than in-state) while illegal aliens received in state tuition.

Immigration reform isn’t an issue. The issue is the political pandering of ass-licks to the ever growing bloc of Hispanic voters.

Fuck making things easier for people that are inconvenienced by the law.
post #37 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 05:04 PM
Time Served

Quote:
immigration reform isn’t an issue. The issue is the political pandering of ass-licks to the ever growing bloc of hispanic voters.
qft

post #38 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Lifer

Quote:
No I never said "illegal", I said we were at the office monthly and she kept getting denied. My fault though, I didnt make it clear enough.

She obviously was here legally because they didnt cuff her on the spot and deport her.
Honestly, when was the last time you heard of an illegal getting sent back? It just doesn't happen. Law enforcement is not allowed to ask for citizenship status, and neither are healthcare providers. The only time someone's citizenship is legally questioned is in the commission of a crime.
post #39 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 09:52 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Honestly, when was the last time you heard of an illegal getting sent back? It just doesn't happen. Law enforcement is not allowed to ask for citizenship status, and neither are healthcare providers. The only time someone's citizenship is legally questioned is in the commission of a crime.
Dude growing up I saw people getting hassled all the time. The "green trucks" would roll around town and Im not sure how they picked out the illegals considering the population down there is almost all hispanic.

It was actually quite funny hearing people yell "LA MIGRA!!!" and seeing folks find the nearest bush to jump into, lol.

I will agree though, these days I cant recall seeing it happen.
post #40 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Why is that? Why is it illegal for LE to ask if you are a citizen?

- Benjamin Franklin

www.blowoutcongress.com
post #41 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 10:53 PM
Bullet Sponge

Because of groups like LULAC and ACLU screaming it's profiling and unconstitutional.
post #42 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 12:44 AM
Lifer

Geez...Reward illegal behavior with amnesty disguised as bureaucratic language, like comprehensive reform. That's certainly not a good message to send.

They vilified Joe Wilson for his outburst on this issue. Joe had it right, but went about it the wrong way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #43 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 07:33 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
Geez...Reward illegal behavior with amnesty disguised as bureaucratic language, like comprehensive reform. That's certainly not a good message to send.

They vilified Joe Wilson for his outburst on this issue. Joe had it right, but went about it the wrong way.
I still believe Joe Wilson did the right thing. Where else is anyone going to call bama on his BS besides Fox news? Does bama get any push back at his speeches with his hand-picked audiences? Does he get any push back during his press conferences with his cherry-picked questions? Does he get any push back from his appearances on talk shows with his biased talk show interviews? Does he get any push back from the liberal leaning websites (Yahoo/Google/Huffington Post etc etc) that publish positive biased stories as news on the internet?

Look at how much attention Wilson has gotten for standing up for what he believes in on TV in front of the world. Contrary to what the media would like to spin, it has not all been negative attention. According to the website "JoeWilsonforcongress.com" he has raised over $2 million dollars for his campaign. Of course there are websites out there that label us as "Angry White Males" (http://www.theskanner.com/article/view/id/10337) even though I've seen a lot of females and minorities at tea parties. What is important here is what kind of attention does sitting there quietly and listening to bama's lies get? Too many people will simply do nothing, but it's nice to see that there are those that actually have the courage to stand and deliver. Joe Wilson is a real man.
post #44 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 08:09 AM
Lifer

Are there still a few who think Obama doesn't plan to cover illegals with his healthcare takeover crap?

< I told you so!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #45 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 08:21 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Because of groups like LULAC and ACLU screaming it's profiling and unconstitutional.
How is it profiling? And where in the constitution does it protect illegal immigrants?

I know you probably can't really answer that question, but if anybody can feel free.

And to my previous point, does the Constitution even apply to non-citizens?

- Benjamin Franklin

www.blowoutcongress.com
post #46 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 09:20 PM
PAN

Quote:
And to my previous point, does the Constitution even apply to non-citizens?

Hell no!
post #47 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 09:36 PM
Bullet Sponge

While the Constitution recognizes God given rights, if you aren't a citizen, you shouldn't be covered.
post #48 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 12:14 AM
Freethinker

Quote:
While the Constitution recognizes God given rights, if you aren't a citizen, you shouldn't be covered.
I think they should be covered for all emergency care.

Quote:

post #49 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 07:20 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
I think they should be covered for all emergency care.
They already are. Been to an ER lately?

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #50 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 11:12 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
Hell no!
Well then somebody please explain to me how asking if someone is a citizen or not can be unconstitutional, if in fact the constitution does not apply to someone who is not a citizen. Aren't we then just asking to find out if the constitution applies to you or not?

I would really love to hear gpamp/zara's take on this. (or anyone else who disagrees with me for that matter)

- Benjamin Franklin

www.blowoutcongress.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement