Bush takes aim at Palin, Obama, and Hillary!! - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
CJD
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 757
Bush takes aim at Palin, Obama, and Hillary!!

Here, found this at newsmax.com. It's HILARIOUS. People think of Bush as a hillbilly, idiot "good time boy" as my neighbor calls him, but I think that he's alot smarter than people think he is. Check this out, tell me he's wrong...

Bush: Obama Has No Clue

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 4:15 PM

By: Jim Meyers Article Font Size




President George W. Bush's former speechwriter Matt Latimer reveals that Bush considered Barack Obama unfit for the White House and predicted that vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin would be a disaster for the GOP.

"After one of Obama's blistering speeches against the administration, the president had a very human reaction: He was ticked off," Latimer writes in his forthcoming book, "Speech-Less: Tales of a White House Survivor," which has been excerpted in the October issue of GQ.

"He came in one day to rehearse a speech, fuming. 'This is a dangerous world,' he said for no apparent reason, 'and this cat isn't remotely qualified to handle it. This guy has no clue, I promise you.'"

During the presidential campaign Bush believed that Hillary Clinton would win the Democratic nomination, but he didn't think much of her as chief executive either, according to Latimer, who served as a speechwriter for the last 22 months of Bush's term.

He writes: "'Wait till her fat keister is sitting at this desk,' [Bush] once said (except he didn't say 'keister')."

Latimer recalls a comment Bush made after Sarah Palin was selected as John McCain's GOP running mate. "Bush said: 'I’m trying to remember if I’ve met her before. I’m sure I must have.' His eyes twinkled. Then he asked: 'What is she, the governor of Guam?'"

When conservatives responded enthusiastically to Palin's selection, Bush advised people to wait "until the bloom is off the rose," Latimer reveals.

"This woman is being put into a position she is not even remotely prepared for. She hasn't spent one day on the national level. Neither has her family. Let's wait and see how she looks five days out."

CJD is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 08:36 PM
Racist....that means you!
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 20,645
He is just telling it like it is!
Jester is offline  
post #3 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 08:44 PM
T5-T56-Tremec specialist
 
thesource's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Heading back to Plentywood
Posts: 8,389
I believe history will be a lot kinder to Bush after 4 years of Obama in da house.....
thesource is offline  
 
post #4 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
I still like Bush, even though some of his policies pissed me off. Bush had no more experience than Palin, and Barry had less than both. Just sayin'...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #5 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Bullet Sponge
 
forever_frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cooper, Tx
Posts: 3,142
I like Bush too
forever_frost is offline  
post #6 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 09:20 PM
Lifer
 
JimD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Haughton,La,USA
Posts: 14,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesource View Post
I believe history will be a lot kinder to Bush after 4 years of Obama in da house.....
Yep!
JimD is offline  
post #7 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 09:48 PM
T-MINUS
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesource View Post
I believe history will be a lot kinder to Bush after 4 years of Obama in da house.....
Yep. In 25 years he'll be viewed as a visionary.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams


Sean88gt is offline  
post #8 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: in the shop
Posts: 655
He gave us the Patriot Act....One of the most unconstitutional bills ever passed. He turned a blind eye to illegals too. He did keep us safe after 9-11 but other than that he does not get a free pass from me. He was taking us the same direction we are headed now just at a much slower pace.



6-25-10 RIP Chloe Rene Daddy loves you always

66' Cutlass TKO600 5-speed, C6 brakes, SC&C stage II Sold on the way to new home in CA
06' Mustang GT Convertible 5-speed wife's new daily
gearhead78 is offline  
post #9 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
CJD
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead78 View Post
He gave us the Patriot Act....One of the most unconstitutional bills ever passed. He turned a blind eye to illegals too. He did keep us safe after 9-11 but other than that he does not get a free pass from me. He was taking us the same direction we are headed now just at a much slower pace.
Dude, you really trying to equate Bush with Obama??? I know that he's done things that we all don't like, but there is NO comparison.

I agree with the sentiments, history will look back at his Presidency and think differently of him, and I've been saying that for years. Think about everything he did, it was all about the future of the country. He never cared what people think of him now, he only cared about what he thought was best for the country, and Iraq is a really good example of that. He could've gotten us out of Iraq along ass time ago, but he stayed at the risk of his own popularity.
CJD is offline  
post #10 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 10:37 PM
Lifer
 
bobs94formula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Terrell
Posts: 3,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
I still like Bush, even though some of his policies pissed me off. Bush had no more experience than Palin, and Barry had less than both. Just sayin'...
Actually he served 5 years as gov. of Texas, so yes he had more experience in politics than the others.

92 5.0 LX hatch

bobs94formula is offline  
post #11 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 10:56 PM
The Janitor
 
32VfromHell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Sacred Heart Hospital
Posts: 16,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead78 View Post
He gave us the Patriot Act....One of the most unconstitutional bills ever passed. He turned a blind eye to illegals too. He did keep us safe after 9-11 but other than that he does not get a free pass from me. He was taking us the same direction we are headed now just at a much slower pace.
So?No President has been perfect. Name one. The closest you get is Washington.
32VfromHell is offline  
post #12 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
CJD
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32VfromHell View Post
So?No President has been perfect. Name one. The closest you get is Washington.
My sentiments exactly! I forgot to say something to that effect.
CJD is offline  
post #13 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 11:03 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE
 
Strychnine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Putting the sensual in nonconsensual since 1984
Posts: 12,482
I cant wait to read that book.

When does Bush's book come out?






EDIT Bush's Decision Points is scheduled for a 2010 release.


.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat

Last edited by Strychnine; 09-15-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Strychnine is offline  
post #14 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 11:12 PM
Banned
 
poopnut2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Fence
Posts: 20,196
I never thought of Bush as a hillbilly idiot, but what did he say that was smarter than what any other politician would say? Politicians don't like other politicians. Why? Because they're all crooked.
poopnut2 is offline  
post #15 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 11:19 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobs94formula View Post
Actually he served 5 years as gov. of Texas, so yes he had more experience in politics than the others.
The Lt. governor has all the power in Texas. We just don't hear about it.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #16 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
CJD
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
The Lt. governor has all the power in Texas. We just don't hear about it.
Eh, maybe so, maybe not. His point was that he had more experience. Especially if you factor in his experience being the son of a former President.
CJD is offline  
post #17 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 11:39 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
where are the bush and palin supporters at? want to hear their take on their beloved bush saying what the rest of the free world knows that palin is a joke and always will be.

Cartman is offline  
post #18 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 01:03 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Fucking brilliant.

Slowhand is offline  
post #19 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 04:11 AM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesource View Post
I believe history will be a lot kinder to Bush after 4 years of Obama in da house.....
Unfortunately the history books will be written to disagree with you. The fact that this is the first black president will erase Bush from any potential spotlight.
Hass is offline  
post #20 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 04:46 AM
Lifer
 
03trubluGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: DFW
Posts: 12,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
I still like Bush, even though some of his policies pissed me off. Bush had no more experience than Palin, and Barry had less than both. Just sayin'...
I'm going to have to say that running the State of Texas is a hell of alot more responsibility than the State of Alaska.
03trubluGT is offline  
post #21 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 05:33 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJD View Post
Eh, maybe so, maybe not. His point was that he had more experience. Especially if you factor in his experience being the son of a former President.
Check out what the LT Gov does in our state. The Gov is in the forefront, but the LT is the man when it comes to running business and the senate.

I agree being a son of a POTUS would help.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #22 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 08:45 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: in the shop
Posts: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJD View Post
Dude, you really trying to equate Bush with Obama??? I know that he's done things that we all don't like, but there is NO comparison.

I agree with the sentiments, history will look back at his Presidency and think differently of him, and I've been saying that for years. Think about everything he did, it was all about the future of the country. He never cared what people think of him now, he only cared about what he thought was best for the country, and Iraq is a really good example of that. He could've gotten us out of Iraq along ass time ago, but he stayed at the risk of his own popularity.
Not comparing just saying a lots of things he did were not things a conservative should be doing. There were a lot of progressive things that went across his desk. The VETO pen should have been used a WHOLE lot more.

The Stamp Act was one of the things that broke the camels back before we were a nation. It gave the kings soldiers the power to write their own search warrants to make sure every piece of paper in a house had the kings stamp on it. They would go through house after house and taking what they wanted while they were there.

What does the Patriot Act do? It gives the government the power to write their own search warrants without an impartial judges approval. Maybe we did not have to worry about it so much with that administration but once its in place future leaders will use it to their advantage. The bottom line is we should only be willing to support lawmakers who want to work within the Constitution like the oath they take.



6-25-10 RIP Chloe Rene Daddy loves you always

66' Cutlass TKO600 5-speed, C6 brakes, SC&C stage II Sold on the way to new home in CA
06' Mustang GT Convertible 5-speed wife's new daily
gearhead78 is offline  
post #23 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Trust me!
 
Racewerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,179
I agree Obama is the best thing that could happen to Bush.

190 is my autobahn
Racewerx is offline  
post #24 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Lifer
 
46Tbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 33,187
I agree, the Patriot Act was an unconstitutional power grab and it should be criminal what ALL representatives have allowed to happen in regards to illegal immigration for the past 50 years.

However, I'd rather have 1000 years of a GWB administration than another minute of Obama and this Congress. These people are drunk on power and completely out of control. Every day it's another story out of them that pisses me off.
46Tbird is offline  
post #25 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 11:54 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: in the shop
Posts: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
I agree, the Patriot Act was an unconstitutional power grab and it should be criminal what ALL representatives have allowed to happen in regards to illegal immigration for the past 50 years.

However, I'd rather have 1000 years of a GWB administration than another minute of Obama and this Congress. These people are drunk on power and completely out of control. Every day it's another story out of them that pisses me off.

I agree on all of the above.



6-25-10 RIP Chloe Rene Daddy loves you always

66' Cutlass TKO600 5-speed, C6 brakes, SC&C stage II Sold on the way to new home in CA
06' Mustang GT Convertible 5-speed wife's new daily
gearhead78 is offline  
post #26 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 12:11 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
where are the bush and palin supporters at? want to hear their take on their beloved bush saying what the rest of the free world knows that palin is a joke and always will be.
I didn't hear Bush say she was not not ever qualified. I heard him say she was going to wilt under the pressure becuase she had not been exposed to the national attention. Palin will get the credentials to be on the national level and will make a run for President. Obama screwing up the country is guaranteeing that.

Funny how you Obama nuthuggers focused in on his comments about Palin and not the President you helped elect. Hmmmmm.

This is just another in a long line of reasons I like Bush. He wasn't perfect, but man was he a decent, honorable, and moral person who did his best at the job. We haven't had anyone like that in the office since his father.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #27 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03trubluGT View Post
I'm going to have to say that running the State of Texas is a hell of alot more responsibility than the State of Alaska.
And running the state of Alaska is alot harder than 2 years as the junior Senator from Illinois when you don't author any bills and miss alot of your term running for President right after you take office.

How is it that the Obama nuthuggers claim Palin was not qualified while Obama is? I have never had that explained to me.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #28 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 08:03 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
And running the state of Alaska is alot harder than 2 years as the junior Senator from Illinois when you don't author any bills and miss alot of your term running for President right after you take office.

How is it that the Obama nuthuggers claim Palin was not qualified while Obama is? I have never had that explained to me.
They want to talk about ANYTHING except that frigging poseur they put into office. The upside is that Cartman will be on Social Security before another democrat is POTUS. I bitch-slapped and dog-cussed every dem I knew after Jimmy Carter corn-holed us for four years....and they couldn't say a damn thing.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #29 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 12:07 AM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
They want to talk about ANYTHING except that frigging poseur they put into office. The upside is that Cartman will be on Social Security before another democrat is POTUS. I bitch-slapped and dog-cussed every dem I knew after Jimmy Carter corn-holed us for four years....and they couldn't say a damn thing.
JC gave us 12 years of Republicans. We can only hope that the Messiah will give us 24 years of Republicans, because he is at least twice as bad as JC, who was the worst President in modern American history until now.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #30 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 12:57 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
I can't believe people actually thought (and apparently still think) that Palin was a viable alternative to Barry. If you think your precious Republican party is in bad shape now, 4 years of Palin would have shaken your shit out of your bowels.

Slowhand is offline  
post #31 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 01:12 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
I can't believe people actually thought (and apparently still think) that Palin was a viable alternative to Barry. If you think your precious Republican party is in bad shape now, 4 years of Palin would have shaken your shit out of your bowels.

I have to agree with this. A Romney/huckabee ticket would have been my first choice. I liked Paul, but let's face it, there was no way he was getting in.
sc281_99-0135 is offline  
post #32 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 01:25 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post
I have to agree with this. A Romney/huckabee ticket would have been my first choice. I liked Paul, but let's face it, there was no way he was getting in.
I'm really not sure that there was a candidate on either ballot that's capable of running this country.

What's even more hilarious is that many on here were claiming that Ron Paul was "too out there" and "weird" to be supportable and then they turned around and backed the bumbling idiot from Alaska with her sidekick Johnny. Dr. Paul was clearly more qualified to handle the financial crisis than any other candidate, but for whatever reason they were more worried about things like...fuck, I'm not even sure.

Slowhand is offline  
post #33 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 01:28 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I didn't hear Bush say she was not not ever qualified. I heard him say she was going to wilt under the pressure becuase she had not been exposed to the national attention. Palin will get the credentials to be on the national level and will make a run for President. Obama screwing up the country is guaranteeing that.
Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by W
This woman is being put into a position she is not even remotely prepared for. She hasn't spent one day on the national level. Neither has her family. Let's wait and see how she looks five days out.
Where does that specify "national attention"? Sounds a lot like "She's not qualified to govern at the national level."

Slowhand is offline  
post #34 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 05:07 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
I'm really not sure that there was a candidate on either ballot that's capable of running this country.

What's even more hilarious is that many on here were claiming that Ron Paul was "too out there" and "weird" to be supportable and then they turned around and backed the bumbling idiot from Alaska with her sidekick Johnny. Dr. Paul was clearly more qualified to handle the financial crisis than any other candidate, but for whatever reason they were more worried about things like...fuck, I'm not even sure.
We've beaten this horse long enough where it's just a moist spot: Ron Paul was not, nor will be a viable option. Please, man...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #35 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 09:48 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
We've beaten this horse long enough where it's just a moist spot: Ron Paul was not, nor will be a viable option. Please, man...
I don't disagree, but you've got to be fucking kidding if you think anyone else in that fucking election was any more viable.

Slowhand is offline  
post #36 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Num say'n? (tm)
 
JP135's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5,702
I never had and still don't have a problem with Palin. I think she would've risen to whatever challenge presented itself. I think the media jumped on her and refused to let up. Even after the election was in the books, the media and the left wingers still pursued her and her family with a dogma the likes of which we've never seen before.

I think Bush was the best president we could've asked for when 9/11 happened. I don't agree with everything he did and I even think the links between 9/11 and Iraq are sketchy at best.

I think Obama makes Carter look like a genius.

DFWMustangs.net
JP135 is offline  
post #37 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 10:38 AM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
I can't believe people actually thought (and apparently still think) that Palin was a viable alternative to Barry. If you think your precious Republican party is in bad shape now, 4 years of Palin would have shaken your shit out of your bowels.
Why would 4 years of a conservative be a bad thing compared to 4 years of a hard core leftist liberal?

I thought you RP types were conservative.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #38 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 10:43 AM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
Seriously?



Where does that specify "national attention"? Sounds a lot like "She's not qualified to govern at the national level."
Do you agree that she had at least as much, if not more, qualifications as Obama?

Please go back and look at what the last 3 Presidents had for qualifications before you answer.

Bush did not think she had the qualifications to run this last time, but where did he say she would NEVER have them? BTW, you conveniently ignore his comments about Obama. I guess your opinion about Obama having more or less qualifications than Palin will give us a clue as to where you stand.

Are you a RP supporter? Isn't he a conservative? Isn't Palin a conservative?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #39 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 01:54 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Land of Gar
Posts: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
I'm really not sure that there was a candidate on either ballot that's capable of running this country.

What's even more hilarious is that many on here were claiming that Ron Paul was "too out there" and "weird" to be supportable and then they turned around and backed the bumbling idiot from Alaska with her sidekick Johnny. Dr. Paul was clearly more qualified to handle the financial crisis than any other candidate, but for whatever reason they were more worried about things like...fuck, I'm not even sure.
The reason Paul wasn't electable was because he spoke the truth instead of telling the idiot masses exactly what they wanted to hear.
vtstang66 is offline  
post #40 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
I don't disagree, but you've got to be fucking kidding if you think anyone else in that fucking election was any more viable.
Damn. I forget that I knew everything when I was 20 years old, too.

Ron Paul has some very good idea's...in theory. In reality, he's a little off the chain, therefore, unelectable.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #41 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 03:28 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Damn. I forget that I knew everything when I was 20 years old, too.

Ron Paul has some very good idea's...in theory. In reality, he's a little off the chain, therefore, unelectable.
I'm really not sure what that has to do with the issue at hand. The American people failed to generate a single truly electable candidate in the 2008 election and thus we're stuck with Daddy O.

Ron Paul was no more or less electable than any of the coo-coos that were around him.

Slowhand is offline  
post #42 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 04:05 PM
Lifer
 
46Tbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 33,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Damn. I forget that I knew everything when I was 20 years old, too.

Ron Paul has some very good idea's...in theory. In reality, he's a little off the chain, therefore, unelectable.
And McCain was a little old and stiff, therefore unelectable.

And Palin was a little too cutesy, a little new to national politics, therefore unelectable.

And all the other Republican candidates were running behind 8yrs of Bush-bashing by every media outlet in the world, therefore making them unelectable.

Shall I continue....? I don't see how Paul was any more or less electable than any of the other lame Republican candidates being fielded in '08. At least his ideas would have been a start toward fixing some major problems, instead of ignoring them (other Reps) or amplifying them (Dems).
46Tbird is offline  
post #43 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
So when do the RP supporters stop mourning the loss and start trying to deal with the reality we are in right now? How about some of that energy going into something productive and not into whining about RP never having a chance?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #44 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
So when do the RP supporters stop mourning the loss and start trying to deal with the reality we are in right now? How about some of that energy going into something productive and not into whining about RP never having a chance?
See: Rand Paul, Young Americans for Liberty, the entire Tea Party movement.

Not sure how I feel about the dude, but Ron Paul's supporters are far more active than any other group of political activists currently in operation.

They're certainly doing a lot more than the 50 year old women asking for a Palin presidential nomination in 2012.

Slowhand is offline  
post #45 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 06:32 PM
Lifer
 
46Tbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 33,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
So when do the RP supporters stop mourning the loss and start trying to deal with the reality we are in right now? How about some of that energy going into something productive and not into whining about RP never having a chance?
You're confused. I'm not declaring my wholehearted support for RP and whining about him not winning. I'm declaring that the Republicans didn't have a shot in hell with the crappy McCain/Palin ticket they put together. Who do YOU want to see run in '12?
46Tbird is offline  
post #46 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 08:09 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
You're confused. I'm not declaring my wholehearted support for RP and whining about him not winning. I'm declaring that the Republicans didn't have a shot in hell with the crappy McCain/Palin ticket they put together. Who do YOU want to see run in '12?
Please tell me who will be running, who will be the most conservative candidate who actually has a chance of winning, and who that person is running against.

I would definitely get behind Fred Thompsoin if he declared again, but I bet he won't.

Who do you want to run?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #47 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 08:12 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
See: Rand Paul, Young Americans for Liberty, the entire Tea Party movement.

Not sure how I feel about the dude, but Ron Paul's supporters are far more active than any other group of political activists currently in operation.

They're certainly doing a lot more than the 50 year old women asking for a Palin presidential nomination in 2012.
So does them being active necessarily mean it's a good thing? How about them being active and still trying to get RP to run again and not doing something about Obama? I mean they are active supporting RP, but since they claim to be conservative, how is that doing any good being active for someone that will NEVER get elected and not doing anything to support conservative issues while we are facing this liberal takeover by Obama and the liberal leadership?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #48 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 08:32 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
So does them being active necessarily mean it's a good thing? How about them being active and still trying to get RP to run again and not doing something about Obama? I mean they are active supporting RP, but since they claim to be conservative, how is that doing any good being active for someone that will NEVER get elected and not doing anything to support conservative issues while we are facing this liberal takeover by Obama and the liberal leadership?
A. You only asked if they were doing anything, which they are.
B. Ron Paul has already said he won't run again.
C. Not supporting conservative issues? They organized the fucking Tea Parties for Christ's sake. Those Tea Parties have gotten more people active and involved in the political process than anyone else has even thought about. They're bringing the actual bills and initiatives to the forefront of the public's mind, not just the issues.

If all conservatives would pay more attention to what's in these bills than the basic principles behind them this administration wouldn't be able to force a damned thing through. There are glaring holes in all of these bills, yet "conservatives" can only tell you about the death panels.

Slowhand is offline  
post #49 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 08:47 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
A. You only asked if they were doing anything, which they are.
B. Ron Paul has already said he won't run again.
C. Not supporting conservative issues? They organized the fucking Tea Parties for Christ's sake. Those Tea Parties have gotten more people active and involved in the political process than anyone else has even thought about. They're bringing the actual bills and initiatives to the forefront of the public's mind, not just the issues.

If all conservatives would pay more attention to what's in these bills than the basic principles behind them this administration wouldn't be able to force a damned thing through. There are glaring holes in all of these bills, yet "conservatives" can only tell you about the death panels.
I did not know that RP supporters were the only ones responsible for and attending the Tea Parties.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #50 of 125 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 08:52 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I did not know that RP supporters were the only ones responsible for and attending the Tea Parties.
Not solely responsible, but largely influential in planning and initiating.

Slowhand is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome