Propaganda commercial - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Propaganda commercial

I did a search on this. But couldn't find anything. Sorry if it is a repost.

I've just saw this commercial and from 3:00 minutes on I was completely shocked.
WTF?
For over 200 years we have pledge to the Flag of the USA. It just amazes me how they are using the first 3 minutes as positive reinforcement for the word pledge and then turn it around and say pledge to be a servant to Barack Obama, a servant to the President. I played it from 3 minutes on again. WOW. I really can't believe this. It even made my stomach turn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL9sOZUf1NQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Lifer

I pledge not to be a slave to the new world order.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Lifer

Like y'all said, first 3 minutes fantastic. Fuck pledging to Obama though, WTF

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Lifer

the pledge is a statement of allegiance to that flag and to the republic

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 11:35 AM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

I pledge to take whatever steps necessary to preserve and defend the Constitution.

I wonder where that will land me...

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

OK. I have time to reflect more on this. This just seems like psychology 101. Name all the good things that you can pledge to and then make pledging to be a servant good as well. Even the word "pledge". When I hear the word "pledge", I immediatly think of the Pledge of Allegiance. Anything else I "Vow" to do. The way they repeated over and over again the word "pledge" to make it seem less effective in order so it wouldn't seem so shocking when they finally said "pledge to be a servant". On top of all that they get these stars who tell you it's OK. These people never lived a day in the "real word", but yet they seem to think they are so smart to tell me what is OK.

What really grinds my gears is the health bill could be the greatest thing ever (there is no way this bill is or ever will be). The point to all this is America was a country that was created by sacrifice and the blood of patriots and for the most part has been under the understanding that it will establish it's government under as standard that the representatives who are elected to serve the people. Things were set forward when the constitution was created so to ensure that this would be a "free" country and to keep the government from expanding too large.
They knew that these rules would have to be set in place in order to try and ensure that this would not take place.
These bills under the guise of helping the people only help themselve to expand itself and participate (at first, interfere later) in civilian lives. I can't believe how some people cannot see this for what it is. This is not paranoia. I'm not a extreme right wing person. I think some of the right wing opinions are quite ridiculous as well as the left. This is not a left or right argument. This is about understanding that the government is there by the people for a reason and should have limited involvement.

Sorry for misspelling, punctuation and sentence structure. This video really got under my skin and I needed to rant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement