State of Texas locks up elderly couple.. a MUST see. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

State of Texas locks up elderly couple.. a MUST see.

An elderly Richardson couple is having some major problems with the State of Texas. The elderly husband (a former Fox 4 employee) slipped and broke his hip. Soon he and his wife (she has some memory issues) found themselves committed to a nursing home, their finances under state control, their savings being burned through by the nursing home..

So they do what any sane person would do.. Call Becky Oliver. The links below have video of the story..

Keep in mind, this isn't Obamacare, this is the STATE OF TEXAS. Just one more reason the government shouldn't be trusted.

Click here for part 1

Click here for part 2

Click here for part 3

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 08:57 AM
Lifer

Wow. Who can I call or write about this? This is absolute bullshit.

You just can't do this to people. Maybe they are old, maybe they can't take care of themselves, but it is their choice to deteriorate in their home, lose their health and lose their mind, and the state has NO responsibility to help them.

They need to just leave them alone.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 09:09 AM
Lifer

the state of texas is a bunch of crooks. its obvious that they took advantage of these folks and its sad. they will suck those 2 old folks dry of everything they have and then fuck them up with meds until they are gone and they have everything they own. those responsible for that should be locked up and held accountable. everybody you know will magically appear with a psychological disorder before its all over. why? because its a money maker.

98 Brokra

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Lifer

this is fucking bull shit, this judge Weldon Copeland needs to be out off the bench I think something is wrong with his mental capacity. secondly who ever their court appointed attorney was needs to be disbarred.

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow06 View Post
Wow. Who can I call or write about this? This is absolute bullshit.

You just can't do this to people. Maybe they are old, maybe they can't take care of themselves, but it is their choice to deteriorate in their home, lose their health and lose their mind, and the state has NO responsibility to help them.

They need to just leave them alone.
There was a state senator mentioned on the second article. I would contact her if you are one of her constituents. However, Fox 4 does appear to have gotten her attention and she seemed genuinely pissed off.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Time Served

A perfect example of what is to come if we allow Obamacare to take over. I'm sure that this is minor compared to what Obama has in mind.

Lord,
Grant me the serenity to accept the fact that I can't pass them all,
The courage to pass most ...
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of those who refuse to get the hell out of my way!!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 08:52 PM
Time Served

not suprised at all

You could have posted that the state was using electric Anal probes on people to save money and have actual video and I would not be anymore suprised.

Nothing now days is out of the realm.

Start watching Glenn Beck people.

We are losing rights day by day, I think there were close to 250 NEW laws that went into effect sept 1st 2009 in Texas.

Just look at what was done to the Indians.

Vote Kinky for Gov

He has plans to do away with toll roads and many other things.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 11:25 PM
PAN

Why...

are we not rioting in th damned streets?

These clowns can just sweep in, say you're incompetent, and just lock you away while they take everything that you have ever been, everything you are, and everything you will ever be for themselves? Those priceless 50 year old pictures and 100 year old heirlooms GONE! You lose EVERYTHING while being confined to an 16X18 room with a 24" non HD tube tv with twin beds and three meals served on a tray a day? Bet you money that skinny bastard at the end of the third video has a good chunk of their money in his bank account...

Our fore-fathers are without a doubt rolling in their graves right about now...
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 07:37 AM
Lifer

I want to know who or what was behind the legislation that allowed this to happen.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Well hopefully the news story will help them out...
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Lifer

I agree with fox466 everyone should be in the streets while we still are allowed too. We were given something great by our fore-fathers, only to watch it slowly disappear before our eyes.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Lifer

Last week, after the news got out, someone helped them out.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Lifer

Watching that pisses me off to no end. "The STATE" needs to have it's collective ass terminated for pulling that shit. Anybody and everybody responsible for doing that to them and who knows how many other people like them should be terminated.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Lifer

I am still pissed off about this, the worst part is I can't do anything about it except write a letter. This should be on prime time news and asses should roll over this.

All I can think about is if someone tried to pull that crap on my grandparents, who are in the same situation (except they have family around who won't let shit like this happen).

Does the Texas legislature have constituents in a particular area like federal, or should I just hound that lady in the video to get shit handled?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement