Oh...this is good.... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Oh...this is good....

Oh, Obamassiah. You sly son of a bitch.

With China not buying our debt anymore, we thought we were gonna have a big problem with finding the money to finance our Ginormous deficits, I mean INVESTMENTS in our new GREEEEN economy.

But thou has prayed at midday, for seven days, asking for G D to deliver us a way out. And you answered! You answred...

I was worried at first, but you've made a believer out of me.
Not only have you fixed our problems of unsustainable debt , you have found a way to simultaneously keep tax dollars in the hands of the Govt, which we all know is the best medium for economic growth, and a way to keep it away from the stupid taxpayer who doesn't know how to spend their (and by that I mean "your") money the right way.

YAY!!!

Now, we don't have to worry about having to cut spending to keep us from the hyperinflation boogeyman. Thank you for letting us invest in your government, and by extension, the "hope and change" movement! ''

I am so grateful that I will be allowed to invest in bonds that will only go down in value as the world stops honoring our checks.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090905/...rement_savings

One initiative that President Barack Obama outlined in his weekly radio and Internet address Saturday will allow people to have their federal tax refunds sent as savings bonds. -- Govt debt.

The new federal steps, which do not require congressional action, include: -- who needs to abide by the fucking constitution when you can make "wealth" appear out of nowhere?? All jesus could do was get ya drunk with that half assed water to burboun trick, which he could only get it to wine.

Black jesus > Racist Honky Jesus

I especially like how you are spinning this as a "GOOD" thing, considering it will only raise the Govt. debt ceiling...............again.

Last edited by sc281_99-0135; 09-05-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 05:14 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Who in the fuck is going to actually go for their tax return in the form of a bond? The people who get refunds should get paid interest as it is!

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 05:53 PM
Bullet Sponge

I should start dusting off my arm band so i can go in polite society. How are yall's goosestepping?

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Num say'n? (tm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
How are yall's goosestepping?
Workin' on it, bro.

DFWMustangs.net
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 06:01 PM

This year I'm paying my taxes on an IOU basis.

My company got paid from Cali this way (no real $$ yet of course).... Seriously!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 07:49 PM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP135 View Post
Workin' on it, bro.

Get 'em up horizontal...
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 09:05 AM
Lifer

actually the bond idea was something we (republicans) had in our texas platform back in 2000. depending on how its structured, maturity dates, how often the coupon is applied.
think about it:
you can either get a refund check for x number of dollars
or you can get a bond for x number of dollars that when it matures will be worth x+y (y being the interest you earn on the bond)
or if you dont want to wait for your bond to mature you can sell the bond for x + (y/n)

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 09:42 AM
Lifer

I think this is a good idea. This will tell the feds how little or how much faith we have, or don't have in the fed's ability in honoring that bond. I have no faith in this.
If no one takes the bait on this one, it will be a major slap in their collective faces.

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
actually the bond idea was something we (republicans) had in our texas platform back in 2000. depending on how its structured, maturity dates, how often the coupon is applied.
think about it:
you can either get a refund check for x number of dollars
or you can get a bond for x number of dollars that when it matures will be worth x+y (y being the interest you earn on the bond)
or if you dont want to wait for your bond to mature you can sell the bond for x + (y/n)

Don't try to throw that "Republicans did it in Texas" bullshit, and believe you are garnering any creditbilty for this idea. It just shows how inept you are.

5 Reasons why bond idea could be a good deal for TEXANS. Although there are much better options for all but the most risk-averse investors.

1. We have a balanced budget law, meaning we don't spend it if we ain't got it.
2. Backed up by the faith and credit of the State of Texas. (Refer to #1)
3. Tax Free interest. Bonds at the State and local levels earn interest tax free.
4. Bond values and yields are stable,and can be relied on, beacuse our Bonds have little to no Interest Rate Risk.
5. Money in Texas stays in Texas, meaning our economy can keep more money circulating through it's citizens due to our State Govts. tight leash on ridiculous spending.
More money for businesses in Texas, along with our free market philosophy of less restriction and red tape; brings more business to Texas. More businesses willing to be in Texas = more jobs in Texas. More jobs = more jobs = more money, more money = more business activity (velocity of money in the economy) more business activity = more jobs. You see where I'm going with this??

5 Reasons why this is stupid idea for Americans.

1. We are in debt up to our eyeballs, and that's only from 1 book. Most of our debt are "Off balance sheet", meaning it "doesn't count." Try that shit at the personal level and you are thrown in jail.

2. Backed up by the faith and credit of the U.S. Govt. When China, our biggest creditor, is divesting their way out of holding $-denominated debt (Treasuries, stocks, munis, etc.) DESPITE the fact that we are their biggest customer; that tells you something.

3. Taxable interest. The meager amount of interest earned on these bonds are taxable, meaning they get to tax you again on the money they gave you.

4. Bond values and yields are fluctuating wildly, with only the Federal Reserves "Investing" (Read: Streetcorner shell game) keeping prices stable and the illusion that our debt is still in demand.
Bond values move opposite yields. When bond yields are higher than previous ones, those previous ones are therefore less valuable, and you will have to sell them below par (at a loss) in order to get rid of them.
Considering our current situation with $2 Trillion deficits and $ Trillion deficits for the forseeable future, I am VERY interested in your reasoning in arriving to the conclusion that THIS is the place to put your money.

5. Money in the U.S. stays in the U.S., and gets wasted on pet projects of the Idealogue Govt. that is in power (Right or Left) insteading of paying off the National Debt. If our debt was to be paid off in full, we would save HALF A TRILLION a year in Debt Service ALONE. That is the equivalent of one "Omni-bus spending bill" every year, without having to go ONE PENNY into debt to do it.

Please, try to convince me with your Liberal thinking, and Keynesian economics how going further into debt is preferrable to operating on a Cash/Carry basis. I look forward to this response most of all.

Do your research before opening your mouth. Throwing around First Semester finance knowledge of Bonds while trying to garner credibility for a piss poor idea is better served on a liberal, whom wish to stay willfully ignorant of where the money, and the value it represents, comes from.

One last thing: Quit saying "we" when referring to Conservatives/Republicans. You are in no way, shape, or form, a Conservative nor a Republican.
Your statements claiming to be one are analogous to Maine Senator Olympia Snowe claiming to be one. You are what's wrong with todays Republican Party, and it's disgusting.

Last edited by sc281_99-0135; 09-08-2009 at 10:37 PM.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Kill u w kindness

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2...nt_8422505.htm

I read this on YB and figured I would post it here.
What's ya'll take on this? Certainly doesn't set right with me. Goes a little beyond diplomacy.

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeperGTS View Post
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2...nt_8422505.htm

I read this on YB and figured I would post it here.
What's ya'll take on this? Certainly doesn't set right with me. Goes a little beyond diplomacy.
PROVERBS 22:7
"The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender."

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Kill u w kindness

Wow

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Canada is welcome here.

I guess he doesn't realize he's jumping up and down on top of a powder keg? Some people are just stupid.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 10:03 PM
PAN

sc281 is trying to kick some ass in this thread...
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Lifer

Holly farkin sheep. sc281_99-0135 My hat is off to you. Well done.

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 02:37 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz007 View Post
holly farkin sheep. Sc281_99-0135 my hat is off to you. Well done.
x2! X2!
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Thanks. I am gettin pretty pissed off about this shit right now, and I tend to become a smart ass and a little aggressive when that happens.

Fuck him and the Change he rode in on.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post
Thanks. I am gettin pretty pissed off about this shit right now, and I tend to become a smart ass and a little aggressive when that happens.
You kinda remind me of myself back in my early college days of 03/04 lol.

I'm just not as aggressive as before these days.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement