Obama praises Islam as "Great Religion" - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
reppin tha westside

Obama praises Islam as "Great Religion"

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama on Tuesday praised American Muslims for enriching the nation's culture at a dinner to celebrate the Islamic holy month of Ramadan.

"The contribution of Muslims to the United States are too long to catalog because Muslims are so interwoven into the fabric of our communities and our country," Obama said at the iftar, the dinner that breaks the holiday's daily fast.

The president joined Cabinet secretaries, members of the diplomatic corps and lawmakers to pay tribute to what he called "a great religion and its commitment to justice and progress."

Attendees included Congress' two Muslim members -- Reps. Keith Ellison and Andre Carson as well as ambassadors from Islamic nations and Israel's ambassador to the United States, Michael Oren.

Obama shared the story of Bilqis Abdul-Qaadir, another invited guest, who broke a state record for most career points as a Massachusetts high school student.

"As an honor student, as an athlete on her way to Memphis, Bilqis is an inspiration not simply to Muslim girls -- she's an inspiration to all of us," he said.

Obama also noted the contributions of Muhammad Ali, who was not in attendance, though the president borrowed a quote from famous boxer, explaining religion.

"A few years ago," Obama said, "he explained this view -- and this is part of why he's The Greatest -- saying, 'Rivers, ponds, lakes and streams -- they all have different names, but they all contain water. Just as religions do -- they all contain truths."'

Ramadan, a monthlong period of prayer, reflection and sunrise-to-sunset fasts, began Aug. 22 in most of the Islamic world. It is believed that God began revealing the Quran to Muhammad during Ramadan, and the faithful are supposed to spend the month in religious reflection, prayer and remembrance of the poor.

White House dinners marking the holy month are nothing new. Former President George W. Bush held iftars during his eight years in office.

Obama has made a special effort since taking office to repair U.S. relations with the world's Muslims, including visits to Turkey and Cairo. In a June speech at the Egyptian capital, as well as in one to another important Muslim audience, in Turkey, Obama said: "America is not -- and never will be -- at war with Islam."

Obama also released a video message to Muslims before the start to Ramadan. In the video, he said Ramadan's rituals are a reminder of the principles Muslims and Christians have in common,including advancing justice, progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.

Jesus Tapdancing Murphy....

------------------------------------------------------------------------
El Duderino.......of the Crown Royal Cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Jester, your posts do the same thing as going to a county fair, you really make people think "Hey, I'm not so fucked up after looking at that guy!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Time Served

damn, you sound surprised . does this mean we gotta reload for deer season ?

" dont mess with the porchdog........ he bites "
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 03:59 PM
Bullet Sponge

I'm going to go eat pork rinds and some smothered pork chops while doing shots of tequilla off my naked wife.

Fuck Islam

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
reppin tha westside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbaearl View Post
damn, you sound surprised . does this mean we gotta reload for deer season ?

I am surprised.

Surprised that obama still draws air.

Quote:
Jester, your posts do the same thing as going to a county fair, you really make people think "Hey, I'm not so fucked up after looking at that guy!"
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Time Served

Makes me fucking sick.

68 Coupe- 351w, Twisted Wedge heads, XE284 cam, T5, disc conversion, former 6 cylinder car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post
(thats right, in a fucking duel with guns, Jackson allowed his oppenent to fucking shoot at him before shooting back). Now we have Obama, who is a little bitch. God damn the presidency of the US is just not the same as it used to be.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzwell View Post
i am surprised.

Surprised that obama still draws air.

werd!

RON PAUL '08
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 05:43 PM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
I'm going to go eat pork rinds and some smothered pork chops while doing shots of tequilla off my naked wife.

Fuck Islam

Hot damn! Pics of the naked wife? Maybe bring her out to the next meet so we can do some shots off her as well?

And nicely phrased!
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 05:47 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
Hot damn! Pics of the naked wife?
werd..

FYI posting pics on this board within the next five minutes will ensure the maximum amount of blasphemy will reach the terrorists.

You're a communist if you don't...

Last edited by sc281_99-0135; 09-02-2009 at 06:03 PM.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 05:59 PM
T-MINUS

OK...so this 'Christian' President shits on his own religion but takes the Muslim faith balls deep?

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Bullet Sponge

She likes her whiskey and Mustangs. The less clothes, the better. I say again, Fuck Islam, fuck Mohamad and those 72 nerdy boys they keep killing themselves to molest.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 09:22 PM
PAN

Noice!
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 10:16 PM
T-MINUS

The tits say early 20's, the curtains say late 60's

Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Bullet Sponge

She just turned 22 and that was when she was in Nz earlier last month with her mom. Good eye
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 11:16 PM
Lifer

Oh noes, someone said something we disagree with. OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

You dudes are the most close-minded people I've ever seen.

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 11:33 PM
Bullet Sponge

And I'm surprised you can type giving Obama a reach around. When we said he had muslim leanings we were called racists. When he proves it, it's cool.

When we called him Hussein we were called racists
When he did it, it was cool

Come on....enough double standards.
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Lifer

lulz. That has nothing to do with it. This country is home to hundreds maybe thousands of religions. If he had praised, say, Mormonism instead, would you still be making a big stink about it? Noooooope.

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 11:51 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
lulz. That has nothing to do with it. This country is home to hundreds maybe thousands of religions. If he had praised, say, Mormonism instead, would you still be making a big stink about it? Noooooope.
Was his campaign riddled with accusations of associations and ulterior motives with radical Mormons??? Were those associations that have been proven true, most notably of which is our radical "Mormon" green jobs czar? The radical "Mormon" stood behind the other radical "Mormons" on 9/12/01 when 19 radical "Mormons" ran a few planes into some shit.

Jesus christ you are stupid.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 12:55 AM
Lifer

Did you just conveniently ignore the part when he said he's gone to a Christian church for 10+ years?

O U KNO WAT. I BET HE'S A CLOSET MUSLIM AND JUS WENT 2 A CHRISTIAN CHURCH 2 RUN FOR DA PRESIDENT. MAN U GUIZ R SMART I NVR THOT OF THAT

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 01:15 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Did you just conveniently ignore the part when he said he's gone to a Christian church for 10+ years?
Reading comprehension is non existent with you.

That is the main pillar of the argument, you fucking retard.

He says he's a christian, and not a muslim. He slaps christianity in the face every time it is brought up. (guns and religion, among others) Yet whenever Islam is brought up, he is extolling the virtues and praises the faith like he's selling korans door to door.

For someone that believes so much in their own intellectual superiority, you might want to learn how to read sometime in the near future.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 07:33 AM
Lifer

Fuck Islam

98 Brokra
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
reppin tha westside

Quote:
Radical Islam = Using Women & Children to blow up buildings, and want to kill those that do not practice Islam

Radical Mormons = Dresses that show a bit of ankle.

dumbass.

Quote:
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Num say'n? (tm)

Quote:
"going to" church and being a Christian are vastly different. It could be said that Larry Gene Ashlock went to Wedgewood Baptist Church, but he was neither a member nor a Christian.

Do I believe Obama made a show of attending a Christian church for political gains? I abolutely do.

DFWMustangs.net
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 10:28 AM
Time Served

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/03/...ert/index.html

Some religion of "peace" let me tell you. Ran more like a gang to me.

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 10:40 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
She just turned 22 and that was when she was in Nz earlier last month with her mom. Good eye
NZ? I have a trailer that is about to be freighted down there
Does she have an accent?

post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 11:36 AM
Bullet Sponge

Oh yes, a major accent. It's great.

Obama was talking about how he's a Christian yet has zero problem with bad mouthing it while talking about the great religion of Islam.

I say it again. Fuck islam
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 02:16 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Probably. Mormonism has some goofy shit going down too. Just not as backwards as a bunch of pig fucking muslims.

post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?

Quote:

O U KNO WAT. I BET HE'S A CLOSET MUSLIM AND JUS WENT 2 A CHRISTIAN CHURCH 2 RUN FOR DA PRESIDENT. MAN U GUIZ R SMART I NVR THOT OF THAT

Actually you are close, although it was a black panther white hating, America bashing racist church.

Get your facts straight.

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement