post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 11:06 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Sewell
"The ABC Television Network has a long-standing policy that we do not sell time for advertising that presents a partisan position on a controversial public issue," spokeswoman Susan Sewell said in a written statement. "Just to be clear, this is a policy for the entire network, not just ABC News."
So they won't sell time for advertising a "partisan" issue, but they will surely devote an entire hour of President Obama hyping up his bullshit plan?! Fuck off with that bullshit!

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Exactly.

Morris, a onetime advisor to former President Bill Clinton, said he was particularly troubled by ABC's decision not to air the spot.

"It's the ultimate act of chutzpah because ABC is the network that turned itself over completely to Obama for a daylong propaganda fest about health care reform," he said. "For them to be pious and say they will not accept advertising on health care shuts their viewers out from any possible understanding of both sides of this issue."

Had to look up chuzpah.

chuzpah = to describe someone who has over-stepped the boundaries of accepted behavior with no shame.

Yep. that pretty much sums it up.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Did either of you look at the people that made the ad. The American legion of Voters executives are either working at Fox news or have at one time. This is simply a ploy by Fox news to make some headlines against rivial networks. If you read the article you posted you would know this too, but I guess only reading headlines is good enough. And what do you think would happen if a pro universal healthcare ad tried to get on Fox.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 12:12 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
Did either of you look at the people that made the ad. The American legion of Voters executives are either working at Fox news or have at one time. This is simply a ploy by Fox news to make some headlines against rivial networks. If you read the article you posted you would know this too, but I guess only reading headlines is good enough. And what do you think would happen if a pro universal healthcare ad tried to get on Fox.
You can't even get the name of the group right and you expect the rest of your post to hold any merit?

And just for the record, I'm not seeing anything about Fox in Bob Adams, the Executive Director of League of American Voters, other than him being a contributer to television programs on both Fox and MSNBC.

From the League of American Voters website, that is the first person I pulled up, and since your bullshit statement has been flushed down the toilet, the only one I am going to look up.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 12:45 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
You can't even get the name of the group right and you expect the rest of your post to hold any merit?

And just for the record, I'm not seeing anything about Fox in Bob Adams, the Executive Director of League of American Voters, other than him being a contributer to television programs on both Fox and MSNBC.

From the League of American Voters website, that is the first person I pulled up, and since your bullshit statement has been flushed down the toilet, the only one I am going to look up.
Owned like a motherfucker...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Owned like a motherfucker...
Take that MrDummy
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 08:05 PM
Lifer

The liberals scramble like fucking roaches when the lights come on!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement