Town Hall Meeting - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

Town Hall Meeting

There is going to be one of those nifty town hall meetings in Sulphur Springs at 7 on the 28th if you want to be there.

I'll be there of course.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 05:44 AM
Lifer

Who is the congressman holding it? If you're going, do your homework on him to see where he stands on the issues. I really learned a lot from going to one of Joe Barton's meetings.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 07:34 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Who is the congressman holding it? If you're going, do your homework on him to see where he stands on the issues. I really learned a lot from going to one of Joe Barton's meetings.
Ralph Hall. He's conservative but aging very fast and really needs to step aside and get some new blood in there.

I need to be his replacement

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 07:47 AM
Lifer

Quote:
What did you think about Barton and how did he stand on Health Care ect? I can read his website, just curious how he conveys it to a crowd, if he is passionate about any of this.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

There's supposed to be "2 doctors" there. That's all it said on the sign. I'm willing to bet they're going to tell us how great Obamacare is. At which point I tell them how great VA care ISN'T
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 01:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow06 View Post
What did you think about Barton and how did he stand on Health Care ect? I can read his website, just curious how he conveys it to a crowd, if he is passionate about any of this.
He is vehemenently against socialized healthcare and/or the "gov't option".

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 02:20 PM
Num say'n? (tm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
There is going to be one of those nifty town hall meetings in Sulphur Springs at 7 on the 28th if you want to be there.

I'll be there of course.
I saw one of those signs going to Lowe's on Saturday. I'd sure like more info on who is hosting the town hall meeting. The sign was very vague. Holler if you get more info.

DFWMustangs.net
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 02:30 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
He is vehemenently against socialized healthcare and/or the "gov't option".
I thought Barton was for it, for some reason.

Why hold town hall meetings if you're against it? I thought the purpose of these was to drum up support for the healthcare plan?
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 03:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
I thought Barton was for it, for some reason.

Why hold town hall meetings if you're against it? I thought the purpose of these was to drum up support for the healthcare plan?
He did vote for the "cash for clunkers", and took an ass-whipping from one guy about that, but he's a HUGE "no" on socialized health care. I think all those guys want health care "reform", but not by revamping the entire system and handing it over to then gov't.

He admitted voting for "cash for clunkers" because the Arlington GM plant is in his area, and said he would probably do it again. At least he's honest.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

Sulphur Springs Town Hall Meeting
A town hall forum on health care hosted by physicians, insurance agents and the Hopkins County Republican Party will be held Friday evening in the Exhibit Hall at the Civic Center in Sulphur Springs. Two physicians from Mt Pleasant, Dr. Anthony Greco and Dr. Isaac Osborne will speak. Both formerly worked in state run health systems.

http://www.easttexasdailynews.com/?c=125&a=17658
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Num say'n? (tm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
Sulphur Springs Town Hall Meeting
A town hall forum on health care hosted by physicians, insurance agents and the Hopkins County Republican Party will be held Friday evening in the Exhibit Hall at the Civic Center in Sulphur Springs. Two physicians from Mt Pleasant, Dr. Anthony Greco and Dr. Isaac Osborne will speak. Both formerly worked in state run health systems.

http://www.easttexasdailynews.com/?c=125&a=17658
Excellent. I don't think I could possibly need more information - I can't be more against this than I already am. EDIT: But I'll probably go anyway.

DFWMustangs.net

Last edited by JP135; 08-27-2009 at 10:01 AM. Reason: more info...
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 10:20 AM
T-MINUS

HMMMMM....I may have to head down there.

Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Lifer

Chet Edwards (dem) is holding 2 meetings. This Sat. in Waco at the convention center from 10-noon, and at Cleburne High School the Friday night of Labor Day weekend from 6-8. You don't think he's ducking folks in Johnson County? I hope they bust his chickenshit ass...

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 11:06 AM
T-MINUS

I don't see how Edwards stays in office. I'd imagine a vacation and career change in his future

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 11:10 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I don't see how Edwards stays in office. I'd imagine a vacation and career change in his future
They keep voting that lying bastard in. Hell, his district is from College Station up to Cleburne?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement