Who would you vote for in 2012? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Who would you vote for in 2012?

http://2012obama.com/presidential-po...obama-in-2012/

I voted Ron Paul. What little I know about him, I do like. I've seen his comments in congress on issues I care about, and he has made no deviation in his comments or position on these issues.

He is what I would call a true statesman. <---- This is a good thing.

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 08:30 PM
Lifer

Mickey fucking Mouse, if the other choice is Barry...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #3 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Well, now would be the time to find a person willing to toss out all of the B.S. and un-constitutional laws out. If not, you will just get another puppet in charge, and a faster ride to communism.

post #4 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 08:38 PM
Bullet Sponge

Sean Hannity or Mark Levin
post #5 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

They are both on the side of big business. Neither one of them would be any different than Bush brain.

You need too find some one on the side of the constitution. And understands "We the people" and what that means.

Go to you tube and type in Allen keys or Ron Paul, or any one you think would be a good representative. and listen to what they are actually saying.

post #6 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 09:09 PM
Bullet Sponge

Actually, Levin is a Constitutional scholar. I point you to Tyrany and Liberty
post #7 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 09:15 PM
Lifer

Michael Steele or Giuliani. And the Reason Im such a pusher of Giuliani so much is what he did with NYC as far as cleaning it the fuck up, and believe me it was a task. That and the handling of 9/11 sealed the deal for me. Steele is self explanatory.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #8 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
Actually, Levin is a Constitutional scholar. I point you to Tyrany and Liberty
Yes I know, one good publication does not excuse his general beliefs. But his is better than most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
Michael Steele or Giuliani. And the Reason Im such a pusher of Giuliani so much is what he did with NYC as far as cleaning it the fuck up, and believe me it was a task. That and the handling of 9/11 sealed the deal for me. Steele is self explanatory.

Any one in charge of NYC, is not or ever will be a constitutionalists! Look at the gun laws there. Hell look at the "free speech zones".
What a crock this is!

post #9 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz007 View Post
Yes I know, one good publication does not excuse his general beliefs. But his is better than most.

Any one in charge of NYC, is not or ever will be a constitutionalists! Look at the gun laws there. Hell look at the "free speech zones".
What a crock this is!
He cant be any worse than Obama or his colleagues. He isnt a gun grabber.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #10 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 09:39 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Newt is my first choice.

Ron Paul would be next up.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #11 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
He cant be any worse than Obama or his colleagues. He isnt a gun grabber.

OK. I wont beat around the bush. So, he's not a gun grabber. Did he stop any gun grabbing all ready in place. Did he support the 2nd amendment at any time and get rid of any laws that are in violation of the 2A?

My point is, stop settling for good enough. Go for the gusto and get some one in office that truly believes in the constitution, and will make good on promises to get rid of all these B.S. laws and regulations that are draining us of our money and freedom.

post #12 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 11:54 PM
Lifer

lol @ someone saying they'd vote for Sean Hannity.

post #13 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 12:01 AM
Out

Ya, I like both Hannity and Levin, but they are not "Leader of the Free World" material.

Who would I vote for? Gee, never thought much about it
post #14 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 07:28 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
lol @ someone saying they'd vote for Sean Hannity.
Almost as bad as someone saying they voted for Barry? LOL!

post #15 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 07:46 AM
Censored

Ron Paul is winning! lol

Doors Done Rite
post #16 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 08:31 AM
Lifer

i said it in '08 and i'll say it 2012,RON PAUL.

we given everyone else a chance,throw him in there.

RON PAUL '08
post #17 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 09:05 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
I was a Steele fan until he took over the RNC and he panders just as bad as the rest. Instead of attaching and taking a page from the liberals book of focusing on the base, he has asked those that are pissed to back down.

Out of the list posted on the site...eh...not hot for any of them.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #18 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 09:19 AM
Time Served

Ron Paul? I like his general stance on some things, but the guy's not presidential or leadership material... (neither is Barry BTW...)

I'd be OK with Steele, but I have some of the same concerns as Sean does with him...

Unfortunately, the GOP doesn't have that "charismatic leader" that they need to really take advantage of the great "Democreep Rejection" that will be the 2012 election.

The GOP really needs to think outside the box for 2012...

I'm thinking a really good candidate would be a conservative ex-military black guy with combat experience, who understands and recognizes bullshit when he sees it. Someone who doesn't earn 10 million a year as a lawyer, and who is charismatic but also down to earth.

A running mate?

An ugly assed, balls of Steel white chick that doesn't take crap from anyone. Someone who scares the bejeezus out of the liberal media and makes tin pot rulers cower in fear at the thought of this hard assed, crazy bitch succeeding the "even tempered" ex combat vet and access to F-22s with GPS guided munitions with their personal house's coordinates locked in...
Something like the American version of Margaret Thatcher....

C'mon GOP, get your shit together....

post #19 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 12:21 PM
The Janitor

Ron Paul will get us all killed or completely get swept out of the position as pre-eminent world power if you look at what little of a foreign policy plan he has.

If i could elect Ron Paul to be President of Internal Affairs i would consider it, but good god keep that nut away from foreign policy.
post #20 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Bullet Sponge

I really should run. I'm a war vet with neat medals and a "fuck you" attitude who can out debate Barry
post #21 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 01:29 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I really should run. I'm a war vet with neat medals and a "fuck you" attitude who can out debate Barry
I like it already.
post #22 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 01:50 PM
Freethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Kaufmann View Post
Ron Paul? I like his general stance on some things, but the guy's not presidential or leadership material... (neither is Barry BTW...)

I'd be OK with Steele, but I have some of the same concerns as Sean does with him...

Unfortunately, the GOP doesn't have that "charismatic leader" that they need to really take advantage of the great "Democreep Rejection" that will be the 2012 election.

The GOP really needs to think outside the box for 2012...

I'm thinking a really good candidate would be a conservative ex-military black guy with combat experience, who understands and recognizes bullshit when he sees it. Someone who doesn't earn 10 million a year as a lawyer, and who is charismatic but also down to earth.

A running mate?

An ugly assed, balls of Steel white chick that doesn't take crap from anyone. Someone who scares the bejeezus out of the liberal media and makes tin pot rulers cower in fear at the thought of this hard assed, crazy bitch succeeding the "even tempered" ex combat vet and access to F-22s with GPS guided munitions with their personal house's coordinates locked in...
Something like the American version of Margaret Thatcher....

C'mon GOP, get your shit together....
I think Ron Paul would make an excellent president. Most of his policies are concise and open minded. I think when the cards are on the table he would make the right decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
....LMAO @.... trying to figure out how to make a Utopian society!
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Variable-speed-Limits
post #23 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
I think Ron Paul would make an excellent president. Most of his policies are concise and open minded. I think when the cards are on the table he would make the right decisions.
He'd still be 100 years old. So basically, we'd have a 100-year-old foreign policy nut in the Whitehouse. Better than Barry, but damn...

post #24 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 03:12 PM
Lifer

I voted Mike Huckabee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #25 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 03:19 PM
Time Served

go figure Ron Paul is in the lead...

I dont think that any of those will be the one facing Obama... we'll have someone emerge in the next year (i hope) that will beat them all out.
post #26 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Lifer

I voted Palin. She is the most conservative and closest to my personal views. She is also not a typical politician.

Once again, I would vote for RP only if he was the last person standing between me and a liberal Democrat.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #27 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 03:22 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
He'd still be 100 years old. So basically, we'd have a 100-year-old foreign policy nut in the Whitehouse. Better than Barry, but damn...
Exactly right!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #28 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_aoc View Post
go figure Ron Paul is in the lead...

I dont think that any of those will be the one facing Obama... we'll have someone emerge in the next year (i hope) that will beat them all out.
oh yeah... but out of this group I did vote for Palin.
wouldnt mind Romney either though
post #29 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 04:29 PM
Lifer

i'd love to see a debate between ron paul and obama.obama would get floored right away.

i think ron paul has what it takes.no potus will ever be perfect but RP is so right on so many issues he should be the pres.

RON PAUL '08
post #30 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 05:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sean Hannity or Mark Levin
Hannity is a fucking moron. This is solely based off of just hearing him a couple times. Bringing up John Kerry to a caller when the democratic caller admitted Kerry was a moronic move by the democratic party and not letting it go when the caller kept saying that was in the past.

Then when another caller brought up Palin being a desperate attempt at getting female votes he said it was in the past and doesn't matter and hung up on the caller.

He's a pussy and can't take doses of his own medicine. I hate Limbaugh as well, but he'll at least debate. He doesn't puss out when he's backed into a corner.
post #31 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
Hannity is a fucking moron. This is solely based off of just hearing him a couple times. Bringing up John Kerry to a caller when the democratic caller admitted Kerry was a moronic move by the democratic party and not letting it go when the caller kept saying that was in the past.

Then when another caller brought up Palin being a desperate attempt at getting female votes he said it was in the past and doesn't matter and hung up on the caller.

He's a pussy and can't take doses of his own medicine. I hate Limbaugh as well, but he'll at least debate. He doesn't puss out when he's backed into a corner.

LMAO at calling someone you know nothing about a moron. I watch Olberman several times a week just so I can try and find something good about him and can point out several reasons why he is a moron. Is there a mainstream conservative person you don't hate?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #32 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 06:49 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
LMAO at calling someone you know nothing about a moron. I watch Olberman several times a week just so I can try and find something good about him and can point out several reasons why he is a moron. Is there a mainstream conservative person you don't hate?
Ironically, if it weren't for the very people he hates, Barry would be thigh-deep in all our asses. They have been VERY instrumental in blowing the whistle on this fucking crook and his cronies. The reason the libs hate Hannity, Limbaugh, Palin, etc., is out of fear. They scare the shit out of them because they've got their number. Now, thanks to those guys (mainly FOX News), we are all pretty damn savvy about what's happening in D.C.

post #33 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 07:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Ironically, if it weren't for the very people he hates, Barry would be thigh-deep in all our asses. They have been VERY instrumental in blowing the whistle on this fucking crook and his cronies. The reason the libs hate Hannity, Limbaugh, Palin, etc., is out of fear. They scare the shit out of them because they've got their number. Now, thanks to those guys (mainly FOX News), we are all pretty damn savvy about what's happening in D.C.
I couldn't agree more.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #34 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 08:31 PM
Bullet Sponge

Same here. Hannity has charisma, knows the Constitution, and fights for it daily against libs. What else is there to need?
post #35 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Same here. Hannity has charisma, knows the Constitution, and fights for it daily against libs. What else is there to need?
I find it funny that those who are still nuthugging RP claim that they want a person who will be different than the typical politicans we get now and then clamor for a lifelong politician. It is someone like him that we truly need, not a lifelong national level politican.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #36 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 09:43 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Huckabee, Gingrich, Palin -- probably in that order.

post #37 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 09:59 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

lol Clint Eastwood

by the time Obama gets done
who ever runs against him will win. I really don't look for Obama to finish his term.
Not wishing for it mind ya, I was in high school when JFK got it, it was a sad time, mainly for the feeling the whole country got about Dallas. That's what I felt at the time anyway, 10th grade and all, what did I care about politics.
post #38 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 12:29 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyro View Post
by the time Obama gets done
who ever runs against him will win. I really don't look for Obama to finish his term.
Not wishing for it mind ya, I was in high school when JFK got it, it was a sad time, mainly for the feeling the whole country got about Dallas. That's what I felt at the time anyway, 10th grade and all, what did I care about politics.
Damn, you are old focker. I was still a sparkle in my dad's eye when JFK got killed. I don't care what he does, I will NEVER wish harm to any POTUS.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #39 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 06:48 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Damn, you are old focker. I was still a sparkle in my dad's eye when JFK got killed. I don't care what he does, I will NEVER wish harm to any POTUS.
As I've also said before, I would never want anyone killed, but a nice scandal would suffice. As a matter of fact, David Axelrod is smack in the middle of some pretty nasty stuff right now.

post #40 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 09:32 AM
Lifer

We need candidates that have real conservative plans. to often during the last election republicans found them selves concentrating solely on what the democrats were saying. We need leaders who will fight for real conservative issues, get Americans on board the the conservative notion that we can do so much more for this country by spending less and making government smaller.

Now more then ever we need a conservative to step forward with a conservative plan for healthcare reform.

We need a candidate who will be tough on lobbyist and special interests groups. I want names and numbers, before any politician speaks I want to know who's pocket his or hers hands have been in.

I like Ron Paul, I worked with his campaign last year, he is one of the only conservatives that has put pen to paper and come up with some real plans. just about every fiscal conservative is on board with him, if he could get more social conservatives on board he would be a stronger candidate for the republicans then Obam was for the dems.

post #41 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 09:40 AM
Time Served

In an ideal world I would vote for Ron Paul but he doesn't have a real chance at the Presidency.

I've always been fond of Alan Keyes but that would just be a reactive move on the part of the republicans. That's exactly what it was in 2004 when he ran against Obama for the Senate. I can't see a campaign for Keyes gaining any real momentum.

Unfortuanately those are the two best options for the GOP. Although, I do like Romney.

I just wish that people would stop all the talk about Palin in 2012 more than anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
Meh...I dunno why she likes it. It's like she put it on a pedestal because it is the gravy of life.
post #42 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 10:35 AM
Lifer

Ron Paul for me

myspace.com/tylerdurdin
post #43 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 10:40 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAD424 View Post
In an ideal world I would vote for Ron Paul but he doesn't have a real chance at the Presidency.

I've always been fond of Alan Keyes but that would just be a reactive move on the part of the republicans. That's exactly what it was in 2004 when he ran against Obama for the Senate. I can't see a campaign for Keyes gaining any real momentum.

Unfortuanately those are the two best options for the GOP. Although, I do like Romney.

I just wish that people would stop all the talk about Palin in 2012 more than anything.
Romney is one of the biggest RINOs out there! We're going through this healthcare bullshit right now and you want to put Romney in power? Imagine if this doesn't go through now? He'll just try it again in three years!

post #44 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 10:59 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
Romney is one of the biggest RINOs out there! We're going through this healthcare bullshit right now and you want to put Romney in power? Imagine if this doesn't go through now? He'll just try it again in three years!
I can uderstand why you would lable Romney a R.I.N.O but I find him to be a coservative that can reach the moderates.

The GOP can't nominate someone that leans too far to the right and won't budge at all. The Regan era is over and it's time for the GOP as a whole to move on. I don't like it anymore than the next person but that's where we're at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
Meh...I dunno why she likes it. It's like she put it on a pedestal because it is the gravy of life.
post #45 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Freethinker

The only black people we have to choose from are Obama and Marion Barry. Pick one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
....LMAO @.... trying to figure out how to make a Utopian society!
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Variable-speed-Limits
post #46 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32VfromHell View Post
Ron Paul will get us all killed or completely get swept out of the position as pre-eminent world power if you look at what little of a foreign policy plan he has.

If i could elect Ron Paul to be President of Internal Affairs i would consider it, but good god keep that nut away from foreign policy.
Well, If I remember right. His policy is right in tune with the constitution. We keep our big fat nose out of their business, And they keep their noses out of ours!

But I don't think he put it exactly this way.

post #47 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
The only black people we have to choose from are Obama and Marion Barry. Pick one
So Allen Keys is not black?

Look up his tax policy, I would vote for him, just on this alone.

post #48 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 09:18 AM
Lifer

Romney might be socially conservative but he is fiscally liberal.

post #49 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 10:06 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
Romney might be socially conservative but he is fiscally liberal.
At least he's a helluva businessman...

post #50 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 10:13 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
Michael Steele is also black, or at least last time I checked he was.

I'd vote for one of the Koch brothers if they'd run or Ron Paul but the guy with the best shot is Huckabee right now.

Ron Paul and Alan Keyes both fell for Sasha Baron Cohen interviews, not something someone running for president would ever do. I can understand them personally not knowing who "Borat" is but if noone on their entire staff has a clue then it's a pretty good indicator to me that they aren't in touch with the modern world.

The Sarah Palin interview with the guy slaughtering turkeys in the background ruined her for me. Out of her entire press corps and staff none of them thought having Cleetus beheading and draining turkeys during an interview might be a bad idea?

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement