Michelle Obama has 26 servants that we pay for. - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
MR TINFOIL HAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: NAU
Posts: 4,982
Michelle Obama has 26 servants that we pay for.

Good to know our tax money is used on important things.http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/13827 Maybe her and Obama are having a contest czars vs servants. Who can have the most?

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
MR TINFOIL HAT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 03:11 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: At the Dexter Lake Club
Posts: 12,422
I see your point but she is the first lady. I actually thought the number would be higher. Do you realize how large the presidential staff is?

George Bush had 432 staff members for himself with a total salary of over $28,000,000. This was his personal staff. Not interns, cabinet or general help around the white house. Also not counting the Marines or USAF that handle their aircraft or secret service.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though

Last edited by BP; 08-21-2009 at 03:18 PM.
BP is offline  
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 03:20 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Whah..whah..whah..
JKD is offline  
 
post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 03:59 PM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
I see your point but she is the first lady. I actually thought the number would be higher. Do you realize how large the presidential staff is?

George Bush had 432 staff members for himself with a total salary of over $28,000,000. This was his personal staff. Not interns, cabinet or general help around the white house. Also not counting the Marines or USAF that handle their aircraft or secret service.
You say this as if you are implying that bama does not do the same if not more. Is that what you are implying?
Hass is offline  
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 04:37 PM
The Janitor
 
32VfromHell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Sacred Heart Hospital
Posts: 16,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
I see your point but she is the first lady. I actually thought the number would be higher. Do you realize how large the presidential staff is?

George Bush had 432 staff members for himself with a total salary of over $28,000,000. This was his personal staff. Not interns, cabinet or general help around the white house. Also not counting the Marines or USAF that handle their aircraft or secret service.
x2

It takes a lot to run the presidency. Even the first ladies have a large crew because of their role as peacemaker.
32VfromHell is offline  
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 05:57 PM
PAN
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 20,154
So we compare the sitting first lady to the ex president? How stupid is that?

Why don't we compare first lady to first lady? That would seem to be a bit more... comparable...
Fox466 is offline  
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
So we compare the sitting first lady to the ex president? How stupid is that?

Why don't we compare first lady to first lady? That would seem to be a bit more... comparable...
Get that common sense out of here!
Hass is offline  
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 11:22 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: At the Dexter Lake Club
Posts: 12,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
So we compare the sitting first lady to the ex president? How stupid is that?

Why don't we compare first lady to first lady? That would seem to be a bit more... comparable...
Well according to that list it was 15 but since there is an obvious bias in the article that data was taken at the end of Bush's second term. At the peak Laura Bush had 24 personal staff members. So 24 vs 26, seems pretty close to me.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
BP is offline  
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 11:52 AM
Banned
 
poopnut2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Fence
Posts: 20,196
I have 32. I don't see the big deal?
poopnut2 is offline  
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
Well according to that list it was 15 but since there is an obvious bias in the article that data was taken at the end of Bush's second term. At the peak Laura Bush had 24 personal staff members. So 24 vs 26, seems pretty close to me.
Was the Bush party lecturing us and executives about lavish spending while going on a $24,000 date night in NY and then on a lavish trip to Paris? Why do they need all of these assistants? Is it because the bamas need the help while they are out flaunting their status around the world and here at home while our country is in recession?

Is this their idea of job growth while jobs for the regular folks are far and few?
Hass is offline  
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 01:35 PM
Freethinker
 
5.0 svo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Waco,TX
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass View Post
Was the Bush party lecturing us and executives about lavish spending while going on a $24,000 date night in NY and then on a lavish trip to Paris? Why do they need all of these assistants? Is it because the bamas need the help while they are out flaunting their status around the world and here at home while our country is in recession?

Is this their idea of job growth while jobs for the regular folks are far and few?
I dont think it matters what the Obamas are doing. $24,000 is prolly close to what it costs to maintain security for them for 1 day. So if it cost us $24,000 for them to go on a date then that is not really much at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
....LMAO @.... trying to figure out how to make a Utopian society!
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Variable-speed-Limits
5.0 svo is offline  
post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
I dont think it matters what the Obamas are doing.
How many other people do you know that voted for him and feel the same way?
Hass is offline  
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 02:54 PM
Freethinker
 
5.0 svo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Waco,TX
Posts: 3,097
Maybe people are expecting to much out of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
....LMAO @.... trying to figure out how to make a Utopian society!
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Variable-speed-Limits
5.0 svo is offline  
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
Maybe people are expecting to much out of him.
Or would it make sense that people are only expecting him to act out the words that come out of his mouth instead of the whole "Do as I say and not as I do" actions that are taking place?
Hass is offline  
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 03:12 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
Well according to that list it was 15 but since there is an obvious bias in the article that data was taken at the end of Bush's second term. At the peak Laura Bush had 24 personal staff members. So 24 vs 26, seems pretty close to me.
Well find out how many Laura had 8 months into the first term so we can compare. 26 staff for a first lady at taxpayer expense seems excessive to me.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 09:46 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE
 
jyro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Midlothian, Tx
Posts: 4,427
didn't Hillary say

"it takes a village to raise a family" . I guess she saw it coming.
jyro is offline  
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 06:35 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: At the Dexter Lake Club
Posts: 12,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Well find out how many Laura had 8 months into the first term so we can compare. 26 staff for a first lady at taxpayer expense seems excessive to me.
The lists don't matter. When it comes down to it they all get paid out of the same budget, whether it's a staff member for the president or first lady. The Obama adminstration has added over 30 more positions than what Bush had. Bush added several more than Clinton had, Clinton had more than Bush1 and Reagan had less than Jimmy Carter. They didn't count the staff before Carter since the office of the first lady didn't exist until under her.

Just like any other government office they only grow every year. It's a whole lot easier to hire a member of your presidential staff than it is to create a new cabinet position and get congressional approval. Under Bush he created the Office of Homeland Security after 9/11 as [art of his personal staff. Eventually congress made it a cabinet position though. Still, he had a massive amount of people working for him as "servants" by the standards used in this article.

I think the Obamas are wasting money like a drunken sorority girl on 5th avenue but bickering about how many people the first lady has hired isn't going to solve anything. It's like saying she got a large coke at McDonalds for breakfast and didn't finish it when at the same time her husband is throwing $3,000,000,000 down the drain to help people buy luxury items (yes new cars are a luxury item)and screwing car dealers at the same time. Just doesn't make sense to worry about a few million dollars when in reality hundreds of billions are being given away.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
BP is offline  
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Bullet Sponge
 
forever_frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cooper, Tx
Posts: 3,142
I do enjoy the fact that Obama gave Michelle a salary of 6 figures. He said she was a professional woman who needed her own cash. Cool, send her out to find a job.
forever_frost is offline  
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 09:46 AM
Lifer
 
samuel642000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,372
I wonder what exactly it is that these "assistants" do for her? They have tons of staff at the white house to do anything is needed IMO, why does she need her own personal crew?
samuel642000 is offline  
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 10:15 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: At the Dexter Lake Club
Posts: 12,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel642000 View Post
I wonder what exactly it is that these "assistants" do for her? They have tons of staff at the white house to do anything is needed IMO, why does she need her own personal crew?
Did you read the link? The jobs are all listed and they aren't personal assistants, it's office staff.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
BP is offline  
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 10:19 AM
Lifer
 
FATHERFORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Katy and Waco
Posts: 1,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel642000 View Post
I wonder what exactly it is that these "assistants" do for her? They have tons of staff at the white house to do anything is needed IMO, why does she need her own personal crew?
The first lady does a lot more then just stay at home.

She goes around and does many events.

I'm not upset the first lady has this many. Could it be cut down? Sure....

I think what would be really interesting is how many servants the kiddo's have.

"His tricked out trans am guzzles every dime he brings home"

2004 RC SWB F150 5.4 - Saleen S/C'd 5.4 3V
1979 Pace Car - Not the usual mods
1984 Gt-350 - Trickflow'd 302
1992 Coupe - Vortech'd 393
1997 Viper GTS - H/C and Giggles

Buy my F-150 Vortech Setup! - Link

Last edited by FATHERFORD; 09-01-2009 at 11:29 AM.
FATHERFORD is offline  
post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 11:18 AM
Freethinker
 
5.0 svo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Waco,TX
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD View Post
The first lady does a lot more then just stay at home.

They go around and many many many things.

I'm not a first lady has this many. Could it be cut down? Sure....

I think what would be really interesting is how many servants the kiddo's have.
Why would you call them servants. Like they are kings or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
....LMAO @.... trying to figure out how to make a Utopian society!
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Variable-speed-Limits
5.0 svo is offline  
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Freethinker
 
5.0 svo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Waco,TX
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass View Post
Or would it make sense that people are only expecting him to act out the words that come out of his mouth instead of the whole "Do as I say and not as I do" actions that are taking place?
Ever heard the term, easier said than done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
....LMAO @.... trying to figure out how to make a Utopian society!
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Variable-speed-Limits
5.0 svo is offline  
post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Lifer
 
FATHERFORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Katy and Waco
Posts: 1,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
Why would you call them servants. Like they are kings or something?
They are there to SERVE them...

Come on Walker...

Jesus christ I just re-read my other post. I need to proof read, lmao.

"His tricked out trans am guzzles every dime he brings home"

2004 RC SWB F150 5.4 - Saleen S/C'd 5.4 3V
1979 Pace Car - Not the usual mods
1984 Gt-350 - Trickflow'd 302
1992 Coupe - Vortech'd 393
1997 Viper GTS - H/C and Giggles

Buy my F-150 Vortech Setup! - Link
FATHERFORD is offline  
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Lifer
 
samuel642000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,372
[QUOTE=LINK;5866596]She is served by twenty-six attendants, including a hair dresser and make-up artist.
Every woman I know does their own, little money saved there?



When questioned by Mr. Gore, Katie McCormick Lelyveld, Michelle Obama’s press secretary, said that the First Lady does retain a staff of more than twenty who remain at her beck and call.Really? But the actual number is 24, not 22, as the article reported.

Mrs. Lelyyeld failed to provide the names of the two additional attendants to Mrs. Obama. But she did confirm that six staffers who do not have “first lady” in their title but are a part of the First Lady’s office staff, such as Desiree Rogers, who bears the title “Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary,” and Natalie Bookey, who is listed as a “staff assistant.”

What’s more, even a list of 24 would be incomplete since it would fail to include the names of makeup artist Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49, and “First Hairstylist” Johnny Wright, 31, both of whom travel aboard Air Force One and provide Mrs. Obama with daily attention. Guess she can't do her own "upkeep" since she is so busy with everything she does.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD View Post
The first lady does a lot more then just stay at home.

She goes around and does many events.

I'm not upset the first lady has this many. Could it be cut down? Sure....
What all does she do, and how necessary, is what she does, for the good of the country? Is there anywhere i can read to find out what all she does? Not trying to be smart ass really, honestly curious, to see the justification of spending so much on staff member like this.
samuel642000 is offline  
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 528
wow do they (servants) get to sleep in the main house or out back in the barn?
bulldawgs75 is offline  
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 01:04 PM
Lifer
 
FATHERFORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Katy and Waco
Posts: 1,932
[QUOTE=samuel642000;5866743]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINK View Post
She is served by twenty-six attendants, including a hair dresser and make-up artist.
Every woman I know does their own, little money saved there?



When questioned by Mr. Gore, Katie McCormick Lelyveld, Michelle Obama’s press secretary, said that the First Lady does retain a staff of more than twenty who remain at her beck and call.Really? But the actual number is 24, not 22, as the article reported.

Mrs. Lelyyeld failed to provide the names of the two additional attendants to Mrs. Obama. But she did confirm that six staffers who do not have “first lady” in their title but are a part of the First Lady’s office staff, such as Desiree Rogers, who bears the title “Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary,” and Natalie Bookey, who is listed as a “staff assistant.”

What’s more, even a list of 24 would be incomplete since it would fail to include the names of makeup artist Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49, and “First Hairstylist” Johnny Wright, 31, both of whom travel aboard Air Force One and provide Mrs. Obama with daily attention. Guess she can't do her own "upkeep" since she is so busy with everything she does.




What all does she do, and how necessary, is what she does, for the good of the country? Is there anywhere i can read to find out what all she does? Not trying to be smart ass really, honestly curious, to see the justification of spending so much on staff member like this.
It depends on the role the first lady chooses to take. I'm not sure about Michelle, but quite a few work in fund raising, education, and other BS women like to make a big deal about. I know she has worked for/with homeless shelters, some cancer shit, blah blah.

Laura bush was huge into education/children and womens health.

"His tricked out trans am guzzles every dime he brings home"

2004 RC SWB F150 5.4 - Saleen S/C'd 5.4 3V
1979 Pace Car - Not the usual mods
1984 Gt-350 - Trickflow'd 302
1992 Coupe - Vortech'd 393
1997 Viper GTS - H/C and Giggles

Buy my F-150 Vortech Setup! - Link
FATHERFORD is offline  
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Lifer
 
samuel642000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,372
[QUOTE=FATHERFORD;5866808]
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel642000 View Post

It depends on the role the first lady chooses to take. I'm not sure about Michelle, but quite a few work in fund raising, education, and other BS women like to make a big deal about. I know she has worked for/with homeless shelters, some cancer shit, blah blah.

Laura bush was huge into education/children and womens health.
Oh I see, but why can't she just drastically reduce her "staff" or their pay and donate those freed up monies to fund raising etc ?

Or better yet do away with her 6 figure salary, (if that is a true rumor) She has no bills that would necessitate the need for those kind of funds. However when you decide how much you want to get paid with taxpayers money, why not go all out?
samuel642000 is offline  
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Lifer
 
FATHERFORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Katy and Waco
Posts: 1,932
[QUOTE=samuel642000;5866829]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD View Post

Oh I see, but why can't she just drastically reduce her "staff" or their pay and donate those freed up monies to fund raising etc ?

Or better yet do away with her 6 figure salary, (if that is a true rumor) She has no bills that would necessitate the need for those kind of funds. However when you decide how much you want to get paid with taxpayers money, why not go all out?
No idea, I don't know all the details. It's not that I agree with them having that many employees, it's just a battle that isn't worth fighting at this point and time.

"His tricked out trans am guzzles every dime he brings home"

2004 RC SWB F150 5.4 - Saleen S/C'd 5.4 3V
1979 Pace Car - Not the usual mods
1984 Gt-350 - Trickflow'd 302
1992 Coupe - Vortech'd 393
1997 Viper GTS - H/C and Giggles

Buy my F-150 Vortech Setup! - Link
FATHERFORD is offline  
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Lifer
 
samuel642000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,372
Werd... and one we'll never win, in our current state...
samuel642000 is offline  
post #31 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Irving
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldawgs75 View Post
wow do they (servants) get to sleep in the main house or out back in the barn?
Since O & his czars are so stuck on the social justice agenda...I would imagine all the white servants sleep out back in the slave quarters. That would even shit up, now wouldn't it? Social Justice is a fucking joke!

"The meaning of peace is the absence of opposition to socialism.” ~ Karl Marx
"FUCK PEACE!!" ~ me
TheHeadsGirl is offline  
post #32 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 06:29 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Irving
Posts: 67
[QUOTE=FATHERFORD;5866808]
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel642000 View Post

It depends on the role the first lady chooses to take. I'm not sure about Michelle, but quite a few work in fund raising, education, and other BS women like to make a big deal about. I know she has worked for/with homeless shelters, some cancer shit, blah blah.

Laura bush was huge into education/children and womens health.
Wait ~ education is BS women like to make a big deal out of?? You gotta be fuckin kiddin me!

How were the slaves kept in control? Teaching them to read/write was against the law!

How are the women/girls in the Middle East kept under control by the extremist men? Education is denied!

How are the sheeple here in America being kept under control (except for those of us with 1/2 a brain who can do our own research)? Why it's the lack of education in both our schools & from the media!

See any connection?

"The meaning of peace is the absence of opposition to socialism.” ~ Karl Marx
"FUCK PEACE!!" ~ me
TheHeadsGirl is offline  
post #33 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Lifer
 
samuel642000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,372
If you are directing this to me you might want to re-read who posted #27 what you quoted, on the other hand if was not towards me, good points and I agree, I just thought there are people in charge of handling education etc.. (if not please correct) Still since she's not technically in charge of fundraising for every org. we have set up, why does she need those assistants?
samuel642000 is offline  
post #34 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 08:14 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Irving
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel642000 View Post
If you are directing this to me you might want to re-read who posted #27 what you quoted, on the other hand if was not towards me, good points and I agree, I just thought there are people in charge of handling education etc.. (if not please correct) Still since she's not technically in charge of fundraising for every org. we have set up, why does she need those assistants?
You are correct. I meant post #27...sorry for the error!

Thanks for the agreement.

Yeah, there are "people in charge of education" it is a government entity (US Dept of Education to be exact)...which is why so many 1st ladies stick their noses in it. At least Laura B had worked as a librarian, not that No Child Left Behind shows any of that!

I agree that she doesn't need all the assistants!

"The meaning of peace is the absence of opposition to socialism.” ~ Karl Marx
"FUCK PEACE!!" ~ me
TheHeadsGirl is offline  
post #35 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 08:21 PM
Banned
 
poopnut2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Fence
Posts: 20,196
[QUOTE=samuel642000;5866743]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINK View Post
She is served by twenty-six attendants, including a hair dresser and make-up artist.
Every woman I know does their own, little money saved there?



When questioned by Mr. Gore, Katie McCormick Lelyveld, Michelle Obama’s press secretary, said that the First Lady does retain a staff of more than twenty who remain at her beck and call.Really? But the actual number is 24, not 22, as the article reported.

Mrs. Lelyyeld failed to provide the names of the two additional attendants to Mrs. Obama. But she did confirm that six staffers who do not have “first lady” in their title but are a part of the First Lady’s office staff, such as Desiree Rogers, who bears the title “Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary,” and Natalie Bookey, who is listed as a “staff assistant.”

What’s more, even a list of 24 would be incomplete since it would fail to include the names of makeup artist Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49, and “First Hairstylist” Johnny Wright, 31, both of whom travel aboard Air Force One and provide Mrs. Obama with daily attention. Guess she can't do her own "upkeep" since she is so busy with everything she does.




What all does she do, and how necessary, is what she does, for the good of the country? Is there anywhere i can read to find out what all she does? Not trying to be smart ass really, honestly curious, to see the justification of spending so much on staff member like this.
Sadly enough, while none of this shit makes sense to us...normal people, for them it doesn't seem like a big deal. If the media wasn't so First Family happy, they wouldn't have all the assistants I'm sure. Now though, if the first lady walks outside without makeup on, it's all over the news within an hour. I mean fuck, Obama caught a fly and got shit for it. A fucking fly!
poopnut2 is offline  
post #36 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Irving
Posts: 67
[QUOTE=poopnut2;5867494]
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel642000 View Post

Sadly enough, while none of this shit makes sense to us...normal people, for them it doesn't seem like a big deal. If the media wasn't so First Family happy, they wouldn't have all the assistants I'm sure. Now though, if the first lady walks outside without makeup on, it's all over the news within an hour. I mean fuck, Obama caught a fly and got shit for it. A fucking fly!
It's because they aren't being treated as they should be, which is as respected leaders, but as celebraties! It's bullshit, but the media hasn't been respectful to our leaders for a long time. That being said, our leaders haven't been proving themselves to be worthy of respect for even longer

"The meaning of peace is the absence of opposition to socialism.” ~ Karl Marx
"FUCK PEACE!!" ~ me
TheHeadsGirl is offline  
post #37 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Banned
 
poopnut2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Fence
Posts: 20,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeadsGirl View Post

It's because they aren't being treated as they should be, which is as respected leaders, but as celebraties! It's bullshit, but the media hasn't been respectful to our leaders for a long time. That being said, our leaders haven't been proving themselves to be worthy of respect for even longer
Man, you really fucked that quote up.

Anyways, America THINKS that the first family are celebrities. In a way, they are. Only because we make them so. Of course people are going to be interested in what is going on at the white house, but Americans don't care about the real issues and are more worried about what the prez named the dog, or what kind of purse or shoes the first lady is wearing.

The majority of Americans are shallow as hell and those assistants are there to cater to that.

Last edited by poopnut2; 09-01-2009 at 09:24 PM.
poopnut2 is offline  
post #38 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Irving
Posts: 67
[QUOTE=poopnut2;5867551]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeadsGirl View Post

Man, you really fucked that quote up.
What quote are you talking about? I was stating my opinion...

"The meaning of peace is the absence of opposition to socialism.” ~ Karl Marx
"FUCK PEACE!!" ~ me
TheHeadsGirl is offline  
post #39 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Banned
 
poopnut2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Fence
Posts: 20,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeadsGirl View Post

What quote are you talking about? I was stating my opinion...
There's another one you fucked up.

You see how when I want to quote you, you're name is in the box?
poopnut2 is offline  
post #40 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 09:25 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Irving
Posts: 67
Ah...so I learn something new. Thanks. I'll make sure to do that from now on. The jackass I'm married to didn't bother to teach me that!

Appreciate the help!

"The meaning of peace is the absence of opposition to socialism.” ~ Karl Marx
"FUCK PEACE!!" ~ me
TheHeadsGirl is offline  
post #41 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Banned
 
poopnut2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Fence
Posts: 20,196
I'm here to help.
poopnut2 is offline  
post #42 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Irving
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
I'm here to help.
Thanks...I appreciate it!

Look! I got it right

PS I am lovin the "More Cowbell" avitar!!!

"The meaning of peace is the absence of opposition to socialism.” ~ Karl Marx
"FUCK PEACE!!" ~ me
TheHeadsGirl is offline  
post #43 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 11:12 PM
Lifer
 
samuel642000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeadsGirl View Post
You are correct. I meant post #27...sorry for the error!

Thanks for the agreement.

Yeah, there are "people in charge of education" it is a government entity (US Dept of Education to be exact)...which is why so many 1st ladies stick their noses in it. At least Laura B had worked as a librarian, not that No Child Left Behind shows any of that! I don't see what business they have sticking their noses into it, we the people fail for not getting someone in that position that can handle the job.

I agree that she doesn't need all the assistants!
[QUOTE=poopnut2;5867494]
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel642000 View Post

Sadly enough, while none of this shit makes sense to us...normal people, for them it doesn't seem like a big deal. Of course it's not like they're paying for it.If the media wasn't so First Family happy, they wouldn't have all the assistants I'm sure. Now though, if the first lady walks outside without makeup on, it's all over the news within an hour.all the make-up and hair dressers couldn't help that woman look appealing. I mean fuck, Obama caught a fly and got shit for it. A fucking fly!




[QUOTE=TheHeadsGirl;5867515]
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post

It's because they aren't being treated as they should be, which is as respected leaders, but as celebraties! It's bullshit, but the media hasn't been respectful to our leaders for a long time. That being said, our leaders haven't been proving themselves to be worthy of respect for even longer
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
Man, you really fucked that quote up.

Anyways, America THINKS that the first family are celebrities. In a way, they are. Only because we make them so. Of course people are going to be interested in what is going on at the white house, but Americans don't care about the real issues and are more worried about what the prez named the dog, or what kind of purse or shoes the first lady is wearing.

The majority of Americans are shallow as hell and those assistants are there to cater to that.
I was beginning to wonder why i was quoted in alot of shit i didn't type up lol

Last edited by samuel642000; 09-02-2009 at 08:52 AM.
samuel642000 is offline  
post #44 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 07:24 AM
Lifer
 
FATHERFORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Katy and Waco
Posts: 1,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeadsGirl View Post

Wait ~ education is BS women like to make a big deal out of?? You gotta be fuckin kiddin me!

How were the slaves kept in control? Teaching them to read/write was against the law!

How are the women/girls in the Middle East kept under control by the extremist men? Education is denied!

How are the sheeple here in America being kept under control (except for those of us with 1/2 a brain who can do our own research)? Why it's the lack of education in both our schools & from the media!

See any connection?
Whoa whoa whoa.. My comment got taken out of context because of my horrible reading/writing skills. Education failed me on that ;-)

Education is very important. BS wasn't the right word to use. What I don't like is when the government goes in tells teachers what to teach. My fiancee is a bio teacher and she is forced to teach trash because the government mandated it. Luckily although she is very liberal, she is also a scientist and can read through BS and teaches the kids to do the same.

"His tricked out trans am guzzles every dime he brings home"

2004 RC SWB F150 5.4 - Saleen S/C'd 5.4 3V
1979 Pace Car - Not the usual mods
1984 Gt-350 - Trickflow'd 302
1992 Coupe - Vortech'd 393
1997 Viper GTS - H/C and Giggles

Buy my F-150 Vortech Setup! - Link
FATHERFORD is offline  
post #45 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Irving
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD View Post
Whoa whoa whoa.. My comment got taken out of context because of my horrible reading/writing skills. Education failed me on that ;-)

Education is very important. BS wasn't the right word to use. What I don't like is when the government goes in tells teachers what to teach. My fiancee is a bio teacher and she is forced to teach trash because the government mandated it. Luckily although she is very liberal, she is also a scientist and can read through BS and teaches the kids to do the same.
Ok..sorry. I get kinda passionate about education. I'm sure your fiancee does too~
We need more teachers like she & I. I detest being told what to teach by politicians as well. I am all about teaching the kids to think for themselves!

"The meaning of peace is the absence of opposition to socialism.” ~ Karl Marx
"FUCK PEACE!!" ~ me
TheHeadsGirl is offline  
post #46 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Lifer
 
samuel642000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeadsGirl View Post
Ok..sorry. I get kinda passionate about education. I'm sure your fiancee does too~
We need more teachers like she & I. I detest being told what to teach by politicians as well. I am all about teaching the kids to think for themselves!
I also agree Edu. is very important however with the gov. controlling what is being instructed, the kiddos are "brainwashed" for years before being able to make up their own mind about things. JMO
samuel642000 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome