People Who Need to be voted ou - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
you m-m-m-m-make me happy

People Who Need to be voted ou

My Nominee - Sheila Jackson Lee from right here in Houston.

Highlights:

1)

“We need to make sure we get on national news,,” Lee quipped, quelling the crowd by having a college opera student sing the national anthem. Occasional chastising punctuated the rest of the meeting, some comments accusing her of wasting time when introducing a state politician who had joined the crowd and other jeers when she talked on her cell phone while a constituent posed a question to her.

“In Congress, we have to multi-task,” she explained.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/6569039.html

2)

Who could forget this?

Do devastating hurricanes need help from affirmative action?

A member of Congress apparently thinks so, and is demanding the storms be given names that sound "black."

The congressional newspaper the Hill reported this week that Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, feels that the current names are too "lily white," and is seeking to have better representation for names reflecting African-Americans and other ethnic groups.

"All racial groups should be represented," Lee said, according to the Hill. She hoped federal weather officials "would try to be inclusive of African-American names."

3)

According to the Houston Press and The Hill, Jackson Lee has also reportedly been involved in several altercations with airline flight personnel over her requests for a complimentary upgrade to first class based on her celebrity. [6]

As reported by The Hill, During a full flight on Continental Airlines Jackson Lee was denied a complimentary upgrade to first class. According to a witness interviewed by the Capitol Hill newpaper, "When she saw that she had to sit with other people, she started shouting that she was in Congress and worked hard. She was really loud. Everybody in the plane could hear." Later in the flight she is reported to have had a "friendly visit" with the displaced passengers. [7]

The Press further reports that Jackson Lee has a reputation on Capitol Hill as a "high-maintenance" employer and has exhibited one of the largest staff turnover rates for years [8]. Several former employees have cited her demeanor and incidents such as the travel arrangement altercations as a major reason why so many staffers leave her office. The Houston Chronicle reported that one staffer even quit after she threw a cell phone at him.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...tial_treatment

She's been a Representative for 15 years now. How does this woman get elected? Sheep?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Lifer

Does her district include a large part of Houston? She is a racist and hard core militant liberal.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 11:50 AM
He's no good to me dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Does her district include a large part of Houston? She is a racist and hard core militant liberal.
Short answer...yes.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

She's got the 5th Ward - inner city. She was on the news last night answering her cell phone while people were expressing concerns on the health care bill.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinginstang View Post
She's got the 5th Ward - inner city. She was on the news last night answering her cell phone while people were expressing concerns on the health care bill.
I saw it. I should have known she had an inner city district of Houston or Dallas. The only way someone like her could represent Texas is in those two areas.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Lifer

I saw a Democrat form another state talking about these Town hall meetings like they don't matter. He was claiming that just because over 50% of people polled don't want the Obamacare plan and that the majority of people at these Town halls suggest it is even higher than that, he claimed he needed to vote for what he believed in and not what the "so-called majority" wanted.

I also saw a Democratic strategist claiming that this is only the very vocal 7% of people who hate everything Obama does and not a true indicator of what the majority of Americans want, which is the bill to pass. The Dems are such liars and hypocrites and they will ram this down our throat unless Obamas numbers go so low they realize they will be committig political suicide to vote for this bill.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

Last edited by Paladin; 08-13-2009 at 02:18 PM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I saw a Democrat form another state talking about these Town hall meeting like they don;t matter. He was claiming that just becuase over 50% of people polled don;'t want the Obamacare plan and that the majority of people at these Town halls suggest it is even higher than that, he claimed he needed to vote for what he believed in and not what the "so-called majority" wanted.

I also saw a Democratic strategist claiming that this is only the very vocal 7% of people who hate everything Obama does and not a true indicator of what the majority of Americans want, which is the bill to pass. The Dems are such liars and hypocrites and they will ram this down our throat unless Obamas numbers go so low they realize they will be committig political suicide to vote for this bill.
For me, the voting of the health-care legislation demonstrates that congress has decided they live above the rest of the population. The fact that they will maintain their premium, free Federal Employees Health Benefits program instead of using the same healthcare they are forcing down America's throat is the proof.

If it passes, I will vote against any politician I can that supported it. Scoundrels.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
For me, the voting of the health-care legislation demonstrates that congress has decided they live above the rest of the population. The fact that they will maintain their premium, free Federal Employees Health Benefits program instead of using the same healthcare they are forcing down America's throat is the proof.

If it passes, I will vote against any politician I can that supported it. Scoundrels.
I have heard several congressmen and women who were asked at their Town hall meeting if they would be a part of the prgram they are forcing on us and not one of them answered the question.

Hell, from what I have heard of their health care plan I would gladly pay whatever they or the other federal employees are paying for the same program. I doubt I will ever be allowed to join their program though.

I will also not vote for any person who supports this program and will donate money to the opponents of those who do.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 03:48 PM
IA2

Quote:
I saw a Democrat form another state talking about these Town hall meetings like they don't matter. He was claiming that just because over 50% of people polled don't want the Obamacare plan and that the majority of people at these Town halls suggest it is even higher than that, he claimed he needed to vote for what he believed in and not what the "so-called majority" wanted.

If this bill passes I believe that there will be a wholescale rout of these people come 2010. The sheer arrogance of dismissing people as if they don't matter will be remembered. They have forgotten that they represent US.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
If this bill passes I believe that there will be a wholescale rout of these people come 2010. The sheer arrogance of dismissing people as if they don't matter will be remembered. They have forgotten that they represent US.
I just can't help thinking about all of them and their accusations of arrogance against the Bush administration.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Worship me

They are going to piss off the AARP. You don't get away with that.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Clown

She is never going to get voted out of her district in Houston. She is as much a fixture in Houston as John Wiley Price is in Dallas....Makes me glad I live in Ft. Bend county.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 08:37 PM
Lifer

Congressman Lyoyd Dogget must go,he represents the goverment not the people like he's supposed to.

RON PAUL '08
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 02:18 AM Thread Starter

So we need a list of congessmen in Texas who need to be voted out? I'll have to work on that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement