Cars.gov screen shot - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Rockin' da fumanchu

Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Thumbs down Cars.gov screen shot

Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 04:00 PM
$uper $low

pathetic

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 04:06 PM
None

That's pretty a standard policy for IT security especially at the federal level on a network system facing the public domain.

Hell, if you change CARS into a couple of my clients names its virtually the same policy.

You guys overreact too much.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Rockin' da fumanchu

Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
That's pretty a standard policy for IT security especially at the federal level on a network system facing the public domain.

Hell, if you change CARS into a couple of my clients names its virtually the same policy.

You guys overreact too much.
Yeah because they'd never use it for nefarious reasons.

Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Bullet Sponge

odd. When I log onto the Army Knowledge Online site, it doesn't have that. So it's not all federal sites.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Lifer

Repost. There is a video somewhere with Hannity talking about this, nice to see the screen shot though.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Lifer

They know what everyone is looking at anyways. They've been vacuuming up all INTERNET activity for a long time now.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 07:44 PM
T-MINUS

I thought this had been pulled down?

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Lifer

They've reworded the text on that site.

It is to inform DEALERS that their computer is being monitored. Not you and me. Do you have a login to CARS? No, since you aren't a dealer trying to get cash out of them.

This is an overreaction to a small thing... we have bigger fish to fry here fellas.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
They've reworded the text on that site.

It is to inform DEALERS that their computer is being monitored. Not you and me. Do you have a login to CARS? No, since you aren't a dealer trying to get cash out of them.

This is an overreaction to a small thing... we have bigger fish to fry here fellas.
This is just a reflection of what the feds are doing everywhere.

The part that pisses people off, is the statement, " if you log on, we own your stuff"

And this is a huge problem, they really think they own everything, or want to control everything.

And I'm referring to both party's not just the Dems!

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 11:35 PM
Lifer

This has already been discussed in the political forum. I'll debunk this non-sense, yet again.

The only people who can get login credentials for the esc.gov site are dealers who have been screened and registered for the "cash for clunkers" program.

The page in question can only be used by dealers who have already registered. Consumers won't be impacted by any of this.

This concerns the dealers only and even then it applies to the interface and it's files. If the Gov. is subsidizing your dealership, then it's going to take certain ownership of all documents pertaining to the transaction.

Just slow down and take some time to think. Yes, the Obama Administration is rapidly expanding the role and the reach of Gov. into our lives. However, this is alarmist propaganda. Don't get suckered in.

^This is paraphrasing and previous post I made in another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
This has already been discussed in the political forum. I'll debunk this non-sense, yet again.

Yeah no problem, just sit back and relax, this time they are only doing it to company's, they will never do something like this to you.

Man, you just don't get it do you. You did not de-bunk anything.

The FACT, remains that the feds are doing this. It does not matter who they are doing it to. They should not be doing anything of this nature to any one, or company, period!

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz007 View Post
Yeah no problem, just sit back and relax, this time they are only doing it to company's, they will never do something like this to you.

Man, you just don't get it do you. You did not de-bunk anything.

The FACT, remains that the feds are doing this. It does not matter who they are doing it to. They should not be doing anything of this nature to any one, or company, period!
This is pertaining to the data related to processing rebates the CARS program. The Government is handing out $4,500 on these transactions. It is within their purview to take ownership or audit of all files pertaining to the transaction. They just recently changed the language on August 3rd to indicate this is not a hostile take over of a dealers PC. That is not factual. That is alarmist rhetoric promulgated by idiots like Beck.

This does not mean what you think it means. This is a terms of service agreement for dealers and dealers only. There are much larger concerns regarding the Obama Administration than this.

You are reacting to Beck's BS scare tactics. FYI: The Patriot Act under the Bush Administration was far more reaching and invasive than the CARS "terms of service". Were you this upset about the warrant-less wire taps under Bush? Probably not.

You are just one of many that jump when someone on TV or the internet says the sky is falling.

I'm a website administrator and developer. I'm not big brother, but I could tell what any visitors WAN IP and Intranet IP is, OS, Default Browser, All the browser plugins you have installed, Processor type , Screen resolution, The previous site you came from before linking to my site and and what site you went to when you left my site. Those are just basic stats I could review from my CPanel on my Unix box. And that's nothing. Small stuff.

Non IT people crack me up. You're worried about big brother, but you are using one of the most unsecured and vulnerable communications medium on the planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement