Obama's Science Czar Considered Forced Abortions, Sterilization as Population Growth - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Freethinker

Obama's Science Czar Considered Forced Abortions, Sterilization as Population Growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ... View Post

John Holdren, director of the White House's Office of Science and Technology Policy, considered compulsory abortions and other Draconian measures to shrink the human population in a 1977 science textbook.

By Joseph Abrams
FOXNews.com
Tuesday, July 21, 2009

President Obama's "science czar," Paul Holdren, once floated the idea of forced abortions, "compulsory sterilization," and the creation of a "Planetary Regime" that would oversee human population levels and control all natural resources as a means of protecting the planet -- controversial ideas his critics say should have been brought up in his Senate confirmation hearings.
Holdren, who has degrees from MIT and Stanford and headed a science policy program at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government for the past 13 years, won the unanimous approval of the Senate as the president's chief science adviser.
He was confirmed with little fanfare on March 19 as director of the White House's Office of Science and Technology Policy, a 50-person directorate that advises the president on scientific affairs, focusing on energy independence and global warming.
But many of Holdren's radical ideas on population control were not brought up at his confirmation hearings; it appears that the senators who scrutinized him had no knowledge of the contents of a textbook he co-authored in 1977, "Ecoscience: Population, Resources, Environment," a copy of which was obtained by FOXNews.com.
The 1,000-page course book, which was co-written with environmental activists Paul and Anne Ehrlich, discusses and in one passage seems to advocate totalitarian measures to curb population growth, which it says could cause an environmental catastrophe.
The three authors summarize their guiding principle in a single sentence: "To provide a high quality of life for all, there must be fewer people."
As first reported by FrontPage Magazine, Holdren and his co-authors spend a portion of the book discussing possible government programs that could be used to lower birth rates.
Those plans include forcing single women to abort their babies or put them up for adoption; implanting sterilizing capsules in people when they reach puberty; and spiking water reserves and staple foods with a chemical that would make people sterile.
To help achieve those goals, they formulate a "world government scheme" they call the Planetary Regime, which would administer the world's resources and human growth, and they discuss the development of an "armed international organization, a global analogue of a police force" to which nations would surrender part of their sovereignty

What did I tell you?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...lation-growth/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
....LMAO @.... trying to figure out how to make a Utopian society!
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Variable-speed-Limits
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 11:51 PM
Lifer

This is old news. Sheep's is asleep, sound the bell for me on the alarm clock.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 08:31 AM
T-MINUS

I heard something about this guy the other day saying that a 3yr old is more valuable than an infant because they've had training and time invested in them and that should be taken into consideration if a baby is rushed to the hospital.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
Freethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I heard something about this guy the other day saying that a 3yr old is more valuable than an infant because they've had training and time invested in them and that should be taken into consideration if a baby is rushed to the hospital.
That would only be an issue if you had to decide between the two. But that should never happen.

I agree with this guy 100%. We do need to do something about the growing population and his ideals are allot better than killing millions of innocent people.

Quote:
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 10:26 AM
BANNED

isnt this the guy that said a baby shouldnt be considered human until it has had social interaction for an undetermined period of time, and develops a personality. until then, its just a fetus.......pretty shitty stuff.

post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 01:56 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro88LX View Post
isnt this the guy that said a baby shouldnt be considered human until it has had social interaction for an undetermined period of time, and develops a personality. until then, its just a fetus.......pretty shitty stuff.
Basically what I was saying.

Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 02:10 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
That would only be an issue if you had to decide between the two. But that should never happen.

I agree with this guy 100%. We do need to do something about the growing population and his ideals are allot better than killing millions of innocent people.
Funny thing, Theodore Roosevelt believed in eugenics, which would have had his cousin Franklin, destroyed.

I don't totally disagree with the theory, but it would take some very cold, heartless actions to enact it, and whom am I to say someone doesn't have the right to exist?

Something about playing God, then getting judged by Him when it's my turn.

post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Lifer

Forced abortion and sterilization could be a good thing to certain groups of people...

Just saying.

"His tricked out trans am guzzles every dime he brings home"

2004 RC SWB F150 5.4 - Saleen S/C'd 5.4 3V
1979 Pace Car - Not the usual mods
1984 Gt-350 - Trickflow'd 302
1992 Coupe - Vortech'd 393
1997 Viper GTS - H/C and Giggles

Buy my F-150 Vortech Setup! - Link
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Once the food supply is stretched, a good old fashion war will help thin out the population.

Chuck
2001 Black Bullitt (For Sale)
2009 Black JK Unlimited X, M6, 35's
www.imboc.com
Rob (Tweakd) Memorial 3/13/05
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Num say'n? (tm)

Quote:

How about we start the program with YOUR kids? Does the concept seem so brilliant now?

DFWMustangs.net
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Bullet Sponge

So, when do we start saying Heil?
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Freethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP135 View Post
How about we start the program with YOUR kids? Does the concept seem so brilliant now?
So you don't think putting something in the water of 3rd world countries to sterilize people is a good idea? Instead of dropping a nuclear bomb on Iran we could drop a bomb that sterilized everyone.
Wait, let me guess. You are waiting for the second coming of Christ to save the planet from total kayos?
Are we gonna make revelations a self fulfilled prophecy?

Quote:

post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Censored

Ending welfare is all the sterilizing we need. Funny how they want to cut the population, but have so many programs helping people that can't afford to produce, produce.

Doors Done Rite
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 05:22 PM
Bullet Sponge

Exactly. Do away with welfare, stop paying women to pop out the little bastards and it'll fix itself.
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Worship me

Quote:
So you don't think putting something in the water of 3rd world countries to sterilize people is a good idea? Instead of dropping a nuclear bomb on Iran we could drop a bomb that sterilized everyone.
Wait, let me guess. You are waiting for the second coming of Christ to save the planet from total kayos?
Are we gonna make revelations a self fulfilled prophecy?
That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. If people in Kenya want to fuck like rabbits, it is none of my business. Then again, I also don't have a problem with bombing them into the stone age when they decide they need to take resources from somewhere else to support that situation.

The problem with these ideas is that they all stem from liberal thinking. Liberals are generally against war. War stops people from taking your shit. So they have to think of new ways to stop that and end up with dumb ideas like sterilizing people. Seriously, what else are you going to do to control people if you don't believe in the most basic form of control which is violence?

No one should be suprised by these stupid ideas that are being spouted by the leftist elites who currently run our country. At the core of the leftist movement are radicals who crave power. Don't believe me? Look at any country taken over by leftists. They eventually end up in a dictatorship with one of these people in charge. If a person craves power why would they not surround themselves with liberal pussies who can't stomach violence of any sort?
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Lifer

Look up Hitlers T4 program.

http://www.segretariatosociale.rai.i...luoghi_T4.html

Its called Eugenics.

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 11:39 PM
Lifer

Nothing wrong with sterilization. As long as it's the right group of people. I've certain read about or seen people that shouldn't be allowed to reproduce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 05:34 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. If people in Kenya want to fuck like rabbits, it is none of my business. Then again, I also don't have a problem with bombing them into the stone age when they decide they need to take resources from somewhere else to support that situation.

The problem with these ideas is that they all stem from liberal thinking. Liberals are generally against war. War stops people from taking your shit. So they have to think of new ways to stop that and end up with dumb ideas like sterilizing people. Seriously, what else are you going to do to control people if you don't believe in the most basic form of control which is violence?

No one should be suprised by these stupid ideas that are being spouted by the leftist elites who currently run our country. At the core of the leftist movement are radicals who crave power. Don't believe me? Look at any country taken over by leftists. They eventually end up in a dictatorship with one of these people in charge. If a person craves power why would they not surround themselves with liberal pussies who can't stomach violence of any sort?
Preach it!

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 05:48 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
Nothing wrong with sterilization. As long as it's the right group of people. I've certain read about or seen people that shouldn't be allowed to reproduce.
Hey someone else with my views!

I know I would love to be able to pay people $10,000 if I can take them to a clinic to sterilize them so they can't procreate. That is a Government ran program I would support It would cost a lot at first, but in the long run save America LOTS of money.

post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
Freethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD View Post
Hey someone else with my views!

I know I would love to be able to pay people $10,000 if I can take them to a clinic to sterilize them so they can't procreate. That is a Government ran program I would support It would cost a lot at first, but in the long run save America LOTS of money.
I dont think it is JUST America that needs to be sterilized. I think the rest of the world should aswell.
The question is: What is our governments plan?

Quote:

post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 07:00 AM
duh...duh....duh

So, we'll sterilize Americans...(ignorant, smart, white, black...whatever)

...the illegals will continue to fuck like rabbits....

...and America will be Pan-Mex-Ali-Baba-Land?

Who's going to stop the illegals from reproducing in our country?

My '03 Sold.
post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 07:05 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post

That's why there is a $10k check to get sterilized...

The dumb and poor, will take that for drug money and hookers. After a few generations, there will be that much less dumb and poor. We won't see the benefits, but our children's children would.

Sounds good when I say it out loud to myself anyway.

As far as illegals... Shoot on site at the border. Make it a family sporting event.

post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 07:14 AM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:

The dumb and poor, will take that for drug money and hookers. After a few generations, there will be that much less dumb and poor. We won't see the benefits, but our children's children would.

As far as illegals... Shoot on site at the border. Make it a family sporting event.
Meh, got ya. It would be a good start for sure and yeah...sho on-site, mine it and so forth.

Heck, and for us old farts with enough kids or enough in the oven it'll be a nice bonus.

My '03 Sold.
post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 08:37 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post

Don't some places do blood draw for DWI checks even without the consent of the legal American citizen? If an illegal is caught, manditory sterilization before he or she is released. That will give illegals something to think about before they cross over here in the first place.
post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Is that just for low income people? Will wealthy people be able to buy child credits to have more kids?
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Worship me

If the government wanted to pay welfare recipients to be sterilized I don't think I would really have a problem with it. Any sort of involuntary program is insanity. Who is going to decide who gets sterilized and who does not?

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Token Troll

Quote:
If the government wanted to pay welfare recipients to be sterilized I don't think I would really have a problem with it. Any sort of involuntary program is insanity. Who is going to decide who gets sterilized and who does not?
I think you know the answer to that...

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX View Post
I think you know the answer to that...

And this is why this insane Pandora's box should not be opened.

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Freethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz007 View Post
And this is why this insane Pandora's box should not be opened.
Whats more insane, waiting for a god to rescue you off the face of the earth before we totally destroy our planet.... or handing control over to someone else?

Tell me which pill would you choose, the green one or the blue one.

Quote:

post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 10:09 AM
RedLilPony

Quote:

Hold up a second... I can't even PAY someone to take care of my tubes and they're going to pay people to have it done?! WTF and how do I sign up?
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Whats more insane, waiting for a god to rescue you off the face of the earth before we totally destroy our planet.... or handing control over to someone else?

I like how you break the situation down into two possible choices in order to try and make a point.

We aren't going to destroy the planet anytime soon. It is conceivable that we could extingush almost all life from it, we have that power. Even then in ten million years you won't even be able to tell we ever existed. You should get a grip on reality.
post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Time Served

Quote:

It's easy to decide who gets the procedure. You get caught here illegally, you get sterilized. That's the punishment for doing things the wrong way. Keeps the population down too. Don't like it, then become a citizen by legal means.
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolic View Post
It's easy to decide who gets the procedure. You get caught here illegally, you get sterilized. That's the punishment for doing things the wrong way. Keeps the population down too. Don't like it, then become a citizen by legal means.
Go back to Germany, Hitler.
post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 10:32 AM
Lifer

Quote:

You can't possibly be this fucking stupid. Can you?
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 10:52 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

How about revising the tax law to where there isn't an incentive to have 10 kids? How about not offering the EIC (welfare in my opinion)? If the government didn't pay people for having 10 kids in the first place and then provide money to feed those 10 kids eventually people wouldn't have 10 kids if they couldn't afford them.

Some families are going to be poor, homeless and starving. It's not the governments place to take my money and hand it to these families that made poor decisions in the first place.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
How about revising the tax law to where there isn't an incentive to have 10 kids? How about not offering the EIC (welfare in my opinion)? If the government didn't pay people for having 10 kids in the first place and then provide money to feed those 10 kids eventually people wouldn't have 10 kids if they couldn't afford them.

Some families are going to be poor, homeless and starving. It's not the governments place to take my money and hand it to these families that made poor decisions in the first place.
Well put, I like this post.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post

I agree....

I'm marrying into a liberal family, so I have lots of friendly debates with them.

It comes down to it, they all say they will not allow anyone to starve or not have a home. They think that makes them morally and socially acceptable over conservatives.

I try and explain to them that they are just feeding the problem. They have no real explanation except they won't let anyone starve or die.

I'm all for helping out someone in times of hardship to get them back on their feet. I understand if someone lost a job, and needed a little help for a few months. I personally have no problem with that.

Giving out money to pop out children, keeping an entire family and it's future generation on government programs to keep them starving is asinine. Mother nature needs to take it's course on them. Who are we to decide the natural selection? If they want to live, they will find a way to work themselves out of their hole and prosper. If not they will just die off...

post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Freethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
You can't possibly be this fucking stupid. Can you?
Are you are trying to show me an example of stupidity? Your doing a great job.

Quote:

post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Lifer

What's this counseling for right to life crap I've been hearing about?

Now Obama is supporting Gov. assistance for euthanasia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 10:27 PM
Time Served

sole reason for americans population increase is....DING DING THE FUCKING MEXICANS!! They dont understand wtf the pill or pulling out is. That is why this country will be a shithole like mexico in a few decades once they get their hands on it. I cant wait!!

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.
post #41 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 09:46 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
I'm all for helping out someone in times of hardship to get them back on their feet. I understand if someone lost a job, and needed a little help for a few months. I personally have no problem with that.
I don't have a problem with it either but it's not the federal governments responsibility. The less power and influence the federal government has on the general public's daily life the better.

We already give 30-50% of everything we earn to them, which is 100% too much.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement