Cars.gov will take all your computer info legally - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Cars.gov will take all your computer info legally

Here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3jKcSc0ig4

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Banned

Now that shit is for real. My mom was about to go on there and I saw it and told her, and I quote..."Don't fucking click that!!!!" And I never curse around my mom.

This shit has officially gone too far.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 09:58 PM
PAN

All you guys that know computers need to kick their fucking asses! Computer warz is now!

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 10:05 PM
DFWS

wow that's crazy!!

Keepin' The Old School Alive
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootro View Post
wow that's crazy!!
Not really. It's standard procedure for our government and their tyrannical acts. I'm not surprised at all. We already know they watch all INTERNET traffic anyways, so it's really not that groundbreaking, but it helps people to see how the establishment really works.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 01:56 AM
Lifer

Hey Mr. Tin Foil Hat dude....Your name is perfectly suited for you.

This only applies to the dealer side of the transaction. And even then it only applies to the files that are being submitted through the application. It does not give big brother free reign and control over their computer. The average consumer at home cannot submit info and is not in anyway affected, tracked, hijacked, or manipulated by that website.

This thread should be deleted as someone took the bait hard not being aware of Beck and his penchant for hyperbole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 02:08 AM
duh...duh....duh

Damn media sensationalism (is that a word?)

For crying out loud, you do not think you won't get similar warning when connecting to any other network of Interest? I promise you, when you connect to my network(s) I own your hardware up to whatever level *I* want since it is my network. Basics are scans for posturing..etc

I would be highly concerned if those warning were not put up. The dealers do not have to use it if they do not want to. They want to so they do.

That's standard IT jibberish in my opinion. If those warning were not there, if that monitoring did not exist and a government database gets comprimised you'd all whine like girls about it anyway. Hell, even with security best practices in place it is a bitch maintaining a secure environment when you have to allow these things to occur.

My '03 Sold.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 02:11 AM
HPP = GHEY

hmmm.......

Nick's Custom Detailing 214-205-1287

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybo View Post
Don't care if you do. This is not going to be another talk about Kenny's Cobalt thread. I know what my other car runs and I am proud of it. It might be hard for you to swallow that pill, but there are lots of 4 bangers that run 13s and better. SRT-4 Neons, Cobalt SS's, Saturn Sky Redline's and Evo's do it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 10:59 AM
T-MINUS

Kinko's!

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post

This only applies to the dealer side of the transaction. And even then it only applies to the files that are being submitted through the application. It does not give big brother free reign and control over their computer. The average consumer at home cannot submit info and is not in anyway affected, tracked, hijacked, or manipulated by that website.

This thread should be deleted as someone took the bait hard not being aware of Beck and his penchant for hyperbole.
Haha, that name was forced upon him.

It does not apply to submitted files, it applies to your entire computer. "your computer is considered a Federal computer system...any or All uses of this system and all files on this system may be monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected and disclosed..."

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow06 View Post
Nope. I chose it.

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 12:50 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:

Me thinks you're quite the naive one.

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
Me thinks you're quite the naive one.
Quote:

It does not apply to submitted files, it applies to your entire computer. "your computer is considered a Federal computer system...any or All uses of this system and all files on this system may be monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected and disclosed..."

Wrong. It's the files on the application system and of those that are submitted by the user. It does not give the Gov. permission to take ownership or seize any of your other files not relevant to the cars for clunkers interface. And, again, this doesn't apply at all to the consumer as you can't even use the interface and submit data unless you are a dealer.

You guys need to do a little research into Glenn Beck and his reputation for reckless reporting and exaggeration for effect.

What's contained in the original writings of the Patriot Act makes this particular topic look like child's play in terms of big brother putting a boot in your privacy.

It's the same garbage that CNN use to do to President Bush. Like the time they falsely reported that the leaders at the G20 Summit didn't shake Bush's hand because they disapproved of him. However, the truth was is he had already previously met with them and shook hands just prior to being on camera.

Don't believe everything you read folks. If you do then please wear the proper hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 04:12 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR TINFOIL HAT View Post
Nope. I chose it.
Haha are you serious? My bad, I remember you getting into it in a thread with someone and that word flying back and forth, and then it changing. I thought a MOD was messing with you.

Quote:
Wrong. It's the files on the application system and of those that are submitted by the user. It does not give the Gov. permission to take ownership or seize any of your other files not relevant to the cars for clunkers interface. And, again, this doesn't apply at all to the consumer as you can't even use the interface and submit data unless you are a dealer.

You guys need to do a little research into Glenn Beck and his reputation for reckless reporting and exaggeration for effect.

What's contained in the original writings of the Patriot Act makes this particular topic look like child's play in terms of big brother putting a boot in your privacy.

It's the same garbage that CNN use to do to President Bush. Like the time they falsely reported that the leaders at the G20 Summit didn't shake Bush's hand because they disapproved of him. However, the truth was is he had already previously met with them and shook hands just prior to being on camera.

Don't believe everything you read folks. If you do then please wear the proper hat.
You aren't really refuting my facts with facts, so I won't argue against your opinion. Yes I am going off of the warning that GB posted, so if it is wrong then so be it, but you aren't providing proof to the contrary (ie the "correct" warning)

I don't care much about GB or CNN, I am just telling you how the warning that he presented reads.

Quote:
It does not give the Gov. permission to take ownership or seize any of your other files not relevant to the cars for clunkers interface.
Nowhere in the warning does it limit itself to files for the CARS program, it says "all files".

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 04:43 PM
dead

silly people shouldn't talk about technology.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 04:47 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Haha are you serious? My bad, I remember you getting into it in a thread with someone and that word flying back and forth, and then it changing. I thought a MOD was messing with you.

You aren't really refuting my facts with facts, so I won't argue against your opinion. Yes I am going off of the warning that GB posted, so if it is wrong then so be it, but you aren't providing proof to the contrary (ie the "correct" warning)

I don't care much about GB or CNN, I am just telling you how the warning that he presented reads.

Nowhere in the warning does it limit itself to files for the CARS program, it says "all files".

They have now taken that warning off of the site.

But they have yet to respond to the question asking if the Govt will continue to search through computers that have already accepted......
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 06:15 AM
duh...duh....duh

This is one of the funnier DFWS threads I've read in awhile.

My '03 Sold.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 07:07 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
This is one of the funnier DFWS threads I've read in awhile.
x2

Glen Beck is crazy man funny..

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement