Cops suspended for Obama check - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

Cops suspended for Obama check

Two DeKalb County Officers are being investigated for allegedly performing a background check on President Barack Obama.

Officers Ryan White and C.M. Route have been placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation, according to DeKalb County spokeswoman Sheila Edwards. Edwards said the two patrol officers have been with the department for about two years.

The incident occurred on July 20, according to DeKalb County officials.

The United States Secret Service notified county officials that DeKalb County computer equipment was utilized to do a query on the President.

Edwards said the background check was run using a computer mounted in a patrol car.

Such behavior, said William “Miz” Miller, DeKalb Public Safety director, is not to be tolerated.

“As Public Safety Director for DeKalb County, I want everyone to know that we take these allegations very seriously,” he said in a statement. “We expect our officers to adhere to professional standards and departmental policy. Furthermore, we do not and will not condone the inappropriate use of county equipment or resources.”

The county’s Internal Affairs division is handling the official investigation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 09:02 PM
Factory Issue

Technically, what they did is illegal. It's unlawful to use police powers for personal ends. Suspending them is pretty chickenshit, though. Did it say what state they were in?

Give me a dollar.
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 09:12 PM
Lifer

That's Georgia, I had a run in with a Dekalb county sherriff ten years ago for going 4mph over the speed limit.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.

Last edited by MR TINFOIL HAT; 07-31-2009 at 09:22 PM.

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

I've heard numerous times of officers running someone to see if they were okay.....evidently this can get you suspended. Or rather, can if you're running the president. I wonder what they found.
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 09:45 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
I wonder what they found.
They found out he wasn't born here, then the MIB showed up with the mind erasers and flashed the two cops. True story.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.

Last edited by MR TINFOIL HAT; 07-31-2009 at 10:34 PM.
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 11:33 PM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR TINFOIL HAT View Post
They found out he wasn't born here, then the MIB showed up with the mind erasers and flashed the two cops. True story.
Then had the media villanize them...

There's also a DeKalb in East Texas. I would rather the Texas version have done it than the Georgia...
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 06:17 AM
Lifer

Quote:

OMG! Thank you. I needed a good laugh this morning.

Now on a serious note, does this tell you how close big brother is monitoring things?

And why would they care is some one does a background check on some one that is suppose to be leading free nation?

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 09:22 AM
Censored

Quote:
Really, we have to say men in black... Why can't we call them black? Damn Obama.

Doors Done Rite
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 09:30 AM
Freethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz007 View Post
And why would they care is some one does a background check on some one that is suppose to be leading free nation?
Maybe because people could use that information to try and assassinate him. It is a crime to conspire against the POTUS.

Quote:
Now on a serious note, does this tell you how close big brother is monitoring things?
You have no idea. Have you ever played guitar hero and seen the voice recognition software? That is just the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
....LMAO @.... trying to figure out how to make a Utopian society!
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Variable-speed-Limits
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 10:12 AM
duh...duh....duh

I get the pathetic side of this as well as the serious side of it.

IMHO, I think all cops that run checks like that w/o cause should either...

a. Be suspended

or

b. Nothing happens as is what happens everyday I'm sure

My '03 Sold.
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 11:36 AM
Lifer

There were a few cops who ran Bush and got in similar trouble back in 2000 if I recall correctly.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 11:49 AM
Time Served

I am not a cop, so I did not even know that was illegal. why cant we get full disclosure? isn't that what he campaigned with?

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't. "

1998 Suburban
1968 Mustang (sold, November 21, 2009)
2010 Fusion
1999 F-350DRW
post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
I've heard numerous times of officers running someone to see if they were okay.....evidently this can get you suspended. Or rather, can if you're running the president. I wonder what they found.
Probably not a goddamned thing.

I'm glad they got suspended. How would you like a cop running your shit for absolutely no reason?
post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

Oh, I agree, police should never run anyone's information unless they have reasonable cause to believe they were involved in a crime, just as I believe police should never run your plates while driving.

The question is, would they have been suspended or would this have come to light if it had been Joe?
post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 02:09 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Oh, I agree, police should never run anyone's information unless they have reasonable cause to believe they were involved in a crime, just as I believe police should never run your plates while driving.

The question is, would they have been suspended or would this have come to light if it had been Joe?

How would we find stolen vehicles and people with felony warrants attached to plates unless we run them?

We have had audits done on high profile cases and the officers who ran the reports and people involved got called into IAD for questioning. I do not know if anyone was disciplined, but several were questioned about their reason for doing the inquiries.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #16 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Factory Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
How would we find stolen vehicles and people with felony warrants attached to plates unless we run them?

We have had audits done on high profile cases and the officers who ran the reports and people involved got called into IAD for questioning. I do not know if anyone was disciplined, but several were questioned about their reason for doing the inquiries.
But that's running info on people you're suspicious of, on duty. It's not running a politician's info because you don't like his politics, and that's really what the birth certificate thing is all about, an excuse from folks that don't like his politics.

Give me a dollar.
post #17 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
But that's running info on people you're suspicious of, on duty. It's not running a politician's info because you don't like his politics, and that's really what the birth certificate thing is all about, an excuse from folks that don't like his politics.
I understand that, but I bet these guys were on duty when they ran the President. The difference is he said he didn't like cops running his plates, meaning on duty. I was responding to that.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #18 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 03:29 PM
Factory Issue

Quote:
I understand that, but I bet these guys were on duty when they ran the President. The difference is he said he didn't like cops running his plates, meaning on duty. I was responding to that.
My bad.

Give me a dollar.
post #19 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

Actually, if someone is doing things to make you suspicious, then run their plates, don't run up on someone's bumper and run them while 2 feet from my tailgate just because I happen to be on the road.

If you have a reason to think I'm doing something wrong, cool. But I want probable cause to have my plates run.
post #20 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Freethinker

Quote:
So are the police anti Obama or what? I have never seen this much organized hatred for a president.

Quote:
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

post #21 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Actually, if someone is doing things to make you suspicious, then run their plates, don't run up on someone's bumper and run them while 2 feet from my tailgate just because I happen to be on the road.

If you have a reason to think I'm doing something wrong, cool. But I want probable cause to have my plates run.
Stop driving then. You have much less expectation of privacy driving down the street than you do walking down it.

We now have the technology to run plates by camera driving down the road.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #22 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
So are the police anti Obama or what? I have never seen this much organized hatred for a president.
Where were you from '00-'08?

You continue to be the biggest idiot on this site. How can you actually post this stuff and not think you will get called on it?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #23 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

Quote:
Stop driving then. You have much less expectation of privacy driving down the street than you do walking down it.

We now have the technology to run plates by camera driving down the road.

Or, give citizens the ability to run police officer plates. I'm more concerned with an officer who has been drinking all night and had to show up for work hitting me down here than I am joe doing it. If a cop gets nailed with alcohol in his car, he should be put in jail for a year, fined and then blacklisted from teh job. If he uses a squad for anything NOT related to his job, same thing.

It's time our public servants are reminded that they serve, not make the rules.

I'm not anticop. I respect the uniform, but there have been enough bad apples to warrant reevaluating the picking technique and to make those bad apples an example of what happens when you violate the public's trust
post #24 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Or, give citizens the ability to run police officer plates. I'm more concerned with an officer who has been drinking all night and had to show up for work hitting me down here than I am joe doing it. If a cop gets nailed with alcohol in his car, he should be put in jail for a year, fined and then blacklisted from teh job. If he uses a squad for anything NOT related to his job, same thing.

I'm not anticop. I respect the uniform, but there have been enough bad apples to warrant reevaluating the picking technique and to make those bad apples an example of what happens when you violate the public's trust
LMAO at you not wanting your plate run but you want excessive stuff done to cops and then you claim you are not anti-police. Okay dude......

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #25 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

I have a right to privacy in my truck. Or else officers would not need my permission to search it, it's protected by the 4th. I'm not anti police. I want those officers who do their job day in and day out lauded, and those who fuck up punished serverely.

What problem is there in punishing officers for breaking the law they are sworn to uphold? They, more than anyone else, understand the power they have and with that power comes the responsibility to use it well. When they misuse that power, they should be punished. How is this wrong and why is it an issue?

Officers say "If you have nothing to hide, then you shouldn't have a problem with xyz." If officers are following the line, then they should have no problem with more restriction on them and harsher punishments for fucking up the lives of citizens for giggles.

Anyone else remember the officer who threatened to say a kid sitting in his car at night had assaulted him just because? There was a video of it on yourtube. He said "I can fuck up your life right now if I want to. Do you want to get smart, boy?" He should have been removed and imprisoned immediately. There was video and audio evidence of his abuse. Enough to convict everyone else, but I think all he got was a suspension.

Those who defend freedom would believe that depriving those in power of the power to terrorize the population is a good idea. No knock warrants? Should be illegal. If you bust through my door, without a warrant and without telling me you're cops, I should get a pass if you get shot. Police who follow paramilitary proceedures against people who are presumed innocent should be reigned in. They are not the military, and if they were, they would have MORE rules placed on them. Anytime you pop open a door, you have the GENEVA convention hitting you in the back of the head and CNN watching you, and politicians who are willing to prosecute for "excessive force" yet police are given freedom.

I want parity. If it's illegal for me, it's illegal for officers. If I can't kick in their door at night, or run their plates, they shouldn't do mine for "curiosity." Wanting my freedom does not make me anti police. It makes me anti fascist
post #26 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I have a right to privacy in my truck. Or else officers would not need my permission to search it, it's protected by the 4th. I'm not anti police. I want those officers who do their job day in and day out lauded, and those who fuck up punished serverely.

What problem is there in punishing officers for breaking the law they are sworn to uphold? They, more than anyone else, understand the power they have and with that power comes the responsibility to use it well. When they misuse that power, they should be punished. How is this wrong and why is it an issue?

Officers say "If you have nothing to hide, then you shouldn't have a problem with xyz." If officers are following the line, then they should have no problem with more restriction on them and harsher punishments for fucking up the lives of citizens for giggles.

Anyone else remember the officer who threatened to say a kid sitting in his car at night had assaulted him just because? There was a video of it on yourtube. He said "I can fuck up your life right now if I want to. Do you want to get smart, boy?" He should have been removed and imprisoned immediately. There was video and audio evidence of his abuse. Enough to convict everyone else, but I think all he got was a suspension.

Those who defend freedom would believe that depriving those in power of the power to terrorize the population is a good idea. No knock warrants? Should be illegal. If you bust through my door, without a warrant and without telling me you're cops, I should get a pass if you get shot. Police who follow paramilitary proceedures against people who are presumed innocent should be reigned in. They are not the military, and if they were, they would have MORE rules placed on them. Anytime you pop open a door, you have the GENEVA convention hitting you in the back of the head and CNN watching you, and politicians who are willing to prosecute for "excessive force" yet police are given freedom.

I want parity. If it's illegal for me, it's illegal for officers. If I can't kick in their door at night, or run their plates, they shouldn't do mine for "curiosity." Wanting my freedom does not make me anti police. It makes me anti fascist
You have gone from complaining about a legal act of running a plate prominently displayed on a vehicle to officers kicking in doors? No, you are very pro-police.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #27 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

I have gone from running plates at random, which is an invasion of my privacy as they don't need to know who I am or where I live, to a tangent of other invasion of privacy. Instead of saying I'm wrong, explain to me how my points are wrong. Explain how holding officers to a higher level of responsiblity is wrong Paladin.
post #28 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 10:07 PM
Lifer

Sorry guys, Frost has this one right on the nose.

The way he is describing things, is the way it was 20 years ago. Ever since the judges proclaimed that the L.E.O.'s job is not to "protect and serve" They (not all, but a lot of them) have been acting more like bullies than piece officers.

post #29 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I have gone from running plates at random, which is an invasion of my privacy as they don't need to know who I am or where I live, to a tangent of other invasion of privacy. Instead of saying I'm wrong, explain to me how my points are wrong. Explain how holding officers to a higher level of responsiblity is wrong Paladin.
I never said holding officers to a higher standard is wrong, but your cases are extreme. I have said that your claim that running plates is an invasion of your privacy is wrong. If you don't like that "invasion" while you are exercising a privilege (driving), start walking and you have more rights. Driving on a public street is one of the more regulated activities you can engage in.

Please name another job (other than LE) that will fire you if you get convicted for a family violence class C offense and/or for DWI?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #30 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 10:41 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Sorry guys, Frost has this one right on the nose.

The way he is describing things, is the way it was 20 years ago. Ever since the judges proclaimed that the L.E.O.'s job is not to "protect and serve" They (not all, but a lot of them) have been acting more like bullies than piece officers.
Please provide the court case or transcript where a judge has said the above.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #31 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 10:45 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Please provide the court case or transcript where a judge has said the above.
I knew you would ask for it. I'm looking for it now.

I found it.
http://www.firearmsandliberty.com/ka...rotection.html

Snip:

Oops, Can't do a snip. It has a copy right. You will just have to read it all.

Last edited by tazz007; 08-01-2009 at 11:07 PM.
post #32 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 10:47 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I knew you would ask for it. I'm looking for it now.
FWPD's new police chief says we will protect and serve.

BTW, I am a public servant, not an indentured servant. I don't care if you pay taxes, so do alot of people like myself who lives in FW, even some criminals. I answer directly to my bosses, not you.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #33 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

Quote:
I never said holding officers to a higher standard is wrong, but your cases are extreme. I have said that your claim that running plates is an invasion of your privacy is wrong. If you don't like that "invasion" while you are exercising a privilege (driving), start walking and you have more rights. Driving on a public street is one of the more regulated activities you can engage in.

Please name another job (other than LE) that will fire you if you get convicted for a family violence class C offense and/or for DWI?
The military. The Laudenberg amendment prohibits you from using a firearm if you are busted for family violence. As I said, the military is held to a higher level of responsiblity and we were overseas. How much more reigned in should the police here in the land we love be held in check?

Yes, my cases are extreme. For the inital period, it has to be. When officers realize they are there and paid to protect us, not to harass citizens or pursue their own agenda, then you can back things off to something a lot lighter. That inital hit has to send the corrupt officer reeling and make them reevaluate if it's worth it to continue on the path they have headed down.
post #34 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

Quote:

BTW, I am a public servant, not an indentured servant. I don't care if you pay taxes, so do alot of people like myself who lives in FW, even some criminals. I answer directly to my bosses, not you.
Your'e right Paladin, you're a public servant, not an indentured one. If you were indentured, you'd have no right to leave the force and wouldn't get paid. Why is having officers answer to the community they protect a bad thing? No internal affairs, it gets handled just as ours do. In open court by a jury of your peers. DUI while in uniform and in a car? Sorry dude, you're getting spanked on that one. Racing through redlights when there is no emergency? Same thing. If it's over felony speeding limit, you get hit with felony speeding.

There is never anything wrong if something is exposed to light. Internal affairs and office politics and teh blue line is destroyed under public scrutiny. You are paid to protect and serve, despite what the Castlerock case says. Catch speeders, I have no problem with that. Catch thieves and druggies, that's cool. But no knock warrants, randomly speeding up to run my plates while I'm obeying the law while driving, and racing around at speeds higher than the speed limit with your uniform on a hanger in the back window..... You deserve the same thing that would happen to me.
post #35 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 11:36 PM
Lifer

Quote:

???????? never said anything about who anyone answered to or taxes. Where did that come from?

post #36 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

Actually, he's right. I never said anything about taxes. Or who the police answered to. I said they should be held responsible to the same laws as citizens.
post #37 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 08:21 AM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Maybe because people could use that information to try and assassinate him. It is a crime to conspire against the POTUS.
There is a big difference between "conspiring" and checking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
I get the pathetic side of this as well as the serious side of it.

IMHO, I think all cops that run checks like that w/o cause should either...

a. Be suspended

or

b. Nothing happens as is what happens everyday I'm sure
Yeah it happens every day but it shouldn't without good reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
I'm glad they got suspended. How would you like a cop running your shit for absolutely no reason?
Yeah they got what they deserved. And I cant stand the POTUS. It is however disturbing that they can just "see" what everyone is doing like that. Although, being able to check up on another government agency like that is kind of a good thing I guess. Long as they don't ever use it on the private sector. Course im sure they do. So it's somehow ok for them to break the law, just not us. I wonder if there is like a team of guys that sit there and scan the internet for every time his name is mentioned lol. I would not doubt it.
post #38 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 11:19 AM
duh...duh....duh

I'm sure it is similar to an IPS. Signatures, notification, review and then choice of action.

My '03 Sold.
post #39 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Freethinker

Quote:

I would have to say I disagree. I think they should be treated like anyone else would. Now if they get caught trying to use their position as a police officer to downplay the event or even just just get out of it all together. Then they should be given a more severe punishment.

Quote:

post #40 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Freethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
There is a big difference between "conspiring" and checking.

So if you think you need to check the president of the United States background then you have serious problems.
Now if you are really just looking for a sign from your superiors, thats another story.

Quote:

post #41 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
I would have to say I disagree. I think they should be treated like anyone else would. Now if they get caught trying to use their position as a police officer to downplay the event or even just just get out of it all together. Then they should be given a more severe punishment.
How can you disagree with that? Don't you think cops should be held accountable since they are in a position of authority and public trust?

Quote:
So if you think you need to check the president of the United States background then you have serious problems.
Now if you are really just looking for a sign from your superiors, thats another story.
Well once he is the prez, yeah sure I agree. There is nothing on his record that wasn't dramatized greatly by the media during his running for prez. They would have and could have dug much deeper and farther than those two cops, im sure. Now before he was prez, i think that his whole life story needs to be known by all.
post #42 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 05:14 PM
Freethinker

Quote:
How can you disagree with that? Don't you think cops should be held accountable since they are in a position of authority and public trust?

I do think that they should be held accountable. But if you make a big deal out of every little thing they do wrong, all you are doing is breeding corruption. They will start covering up every little thing. Next thing you know fellow officers are involved. And when you have a group of cops that have no boundaries, the shit gets ugly.

Quote:

post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 05:24 PM
PAN

Quote:
I do think that they should be held accountable. But if you make a big deal out of every little thing they do wrong, all you are doing is breeding corruption. They will start covering up every little thing. Next thing you know fellow officers are involved. And when you have a group of cops that have no boundaries, the shit gets ugly.

Fwiw, they've been doing "little things" from day one of the profession. It is in the nature of man to bend the rules. It's what we do. The point is that as enforcers of the law they should adhere to the law, not bend it as they see fit.
post #44 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
Fwiw, they've been doing "little things" from day one of the profession. It is in the nature of man to bend the rules. It's what we do. The point is that as enforcers of the law they should adhere to the law, not bend it as they see fit.
I think it really boils down to the nature of the man behind the rules. Those cops were doing it couse they thought it would be funny, or just to see what they could come up with, or whatever. It wasn't for law enforcement purposes. But if they legitimately believed that they needed to be doing that, (which they didn't) then they were doing the public a service and trying to watch out for the people. And thus should not be punished. Again, we all know they were just screwing around, but im just saying... if they weren't.

But then that makes you think... what has he got to hide? The secret service would have done well to just let it pass and not say anything. I mean, if they say something, they look like they are trying to hide something. If they don't, then two cops violate the rights of an american citizen, regardless of what his job may be. In this case the POTUS, but still. Then again, they were a couple of freaking cops. I think it's safe to assume they are not al quieda. Or however the fuck you spell that stupid name.
post #45 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Num say'n? (tm)

Quote:
I guy I know who works in the mid-cities ran Bill Clinton while he was working night shift. The next day when he got home Secret Service was waiting for him. He got a day off without pay and was told to avoid the urge to do stupid stuff in the future.

DFWMustangs.net
post #46 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Canada is welcome here.

That proves it. They are fucking afraid.
post #47 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Freethinker

Quote:
That proves it. They are fucking afraid.
They want to look like they have something to hide. Isn't it obvious with the whole birth certificate thing?

Quote:

post #48 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 06:44 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

The left's argument is that two honnolulu papers had Obamas name in the births section when he was born.

The problem with their argument is that if his parents applied for a certificate of live birth, then the birth announcement would be in the paper just based off of that, which still puts his actual birth certificate in doubt.

http://whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES...rtiser0000.gif
http://whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES...arBulletin.jpg

http://wikileaks.org/wiki/Obama_1961...ulu_Advertiser
This Honolulu Advertiser announcement of Barack Obama's Aug 4, 1961 birth was published August 13, 1961 on page B-6. It is available only on microfilm in Hawaii libraries. The announcement is 4th from the bottom of the left hand column.

Last edited by sc281_99-0135; 08-03-2009 at 07:11 PM.
post #49 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Your'e right Paladin, you're a public servant, not an indentured one. If you were indentured, you'd have no right to leave the force and wouldn't get paid. Why is having officers answer to the community they protect a bad thing? No internal affairs, it gets handled just as ours do. In open court by a jury of your peers. DUI while in uniform and in a car? Sorry dude, you're getting spanked on that one. Racing through redlights when there is no emergency? Same thing. If it's over felony speeding limit, you get hit with felony speeding.

There is never anything wrong if something is exposed to light. Internal affairs and office politics and teh blue line is destroyed under public scrutiny. You are paid to protect and serve, despite what the Castlerock case says. Catch speeders, I have no problem with that. Catch thieves and druggies, that's cool. But no knock warrants, randomly speeding up to run my plates while I'm obeying the law while driving, and racing around at speeds higher than the speed limit with your uniform on a hanger in the back window..... You deserve the same thing that would happen to me.
You are so extreme with yoru thought processes that I have no desire to discuss it with you further. You have every right to be extreme with yoru opinions, just like I have every right to not discusss it with you.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #50 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Bullet Sponge

You're very right. I am extreme with my beliefs and hold to them strongly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement