This makes me sick.. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Thumbs down This makes me sick..

Sweet. A Drunk, degenerate murderer is awarded the Medal of Freedom. Awesome.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archi...0/2015059.aspx

Kennedy, Kemp get Medal of Freedom
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 12:37 PM by Domenico Montanaro
Filed Under: White House

From NBC's Domenico Montanaro and Kelly O'Donnell
The White House awarded 16 Medals of Freedom today to a group that included -- from the world of politics -- Sen. Ted Kennedy and Jack Kemp, as well as Justice Sandra Day O'Connor.

"I am profoundly grateful to President Obama for this extraordinary honor," Kennedy
said in a statement. "My life has been committed to the ideal of public service which President Kennedy wanted the Medal of Freedom to represent. To receive it from another President who prizes that same ideal of service and inspires so many to serve is a great privilege that moves me deeply."

Others include: Physicist Stephen Hawking, tennis great Billie Jean King, gay rights activist Harvey Milk (whose life was memorialized in a feature film this past year), actor Sidney Poitier, actress Chita Rivera, Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Nancy Goodman Brinker (founder of Susan G. Komen for the Cure), Dr. Pedro Jose Greer (a Miami physician that helps the homeless and disadvantaged children in Miami), Rev. Joseph Lowery (civil rights leader), Dr. Joseph Medicine Crow, (last living Plains Indian war chief), Mary Robinson (first female President of Ireland), Janet Davison Rowley (geneticist and cancer researcher), Dr. Muhammad Yunus (“micro-loan” pioneers, providing credit to the poor)

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 05:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
Sweet. A Drunk, degenerate murderer is awarded the Medal of Freedom. Awesome.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archi...0/2015059.aspx

Kennedy, Kemp get Medal of Freedom
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 12:37 PM by Domenico Montanaro
Filed Under: White House

From NBC's Domenico Montanaro and Kelly O'Donnell
The White House awarded 16 Medals of Freedom today to a group that included -- from the world of politics -- Sen. Ted Kennedy and Jack Kemp, as well as Justice Sandra Day O'Connor.

"I am profoundly grateful to President Obama for this extraordinary honor," Kennedy
said in a statement. "My life has been committed to the ideal of public service which President Kennedy wanted the Medal of Freedom to represent. To receive it from another President who prizes that same ideal of service and inspires so many to serve is a great privilege that moves me deeply."

Others include: Physicist Stephen Hawking, tennis great Billie Jean King, gay rights activist Harvey Milk (whose life was memorialized in a feature film this past year), actor Sidney Poitier, actress Chita Rivera, Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Nancy Goodman Brinker (founder of Susan G. Komen for the Cure), Dr. Pedro Jose Greer (a Miami physician that helps the homeless and disadvantaged children in Miami), Rev. Joseph Lowery (civil rights leader), Dr. Joseph Medicine Crow, (last living Plains Indian war chief), Mary Robinson (first female President of Ireland), Janet Davison Rowley (geneticist and cancer researcher), Dr. Muhammad Yunus (“micro-loan” pioneers, providing credit to the poor)
If he didn't have a brain tumor, I doubt this would have happened.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 05:38 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

So...why did Teddy get the Medal of Freedom?

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 05:44 PM
Num say'n? (tm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
So...why did Teddy get the Medal of Freedom?
For excellence in the area of dealing with problematic knocked-up girlfriends who might derail a political future?

DFWMustangs.net
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 07:43 PM
Bullet Sponge

Those medals should go to those actually fighting for freedom. Namely our troops.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
Those medals should go to those actually fighting for freedom. Namely our troops.
Teddy fought for freedom when he walked away from that bridge at Chappaquiddick...

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 11:03 PM
PAN

Guess the bridge to what would have been no where for any conservative actually had a pot of gold at the end of it for that democratic cocksucker...
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 11:08 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
Guess the bridge to what would have been no where for any conservative actually had a pot of gold at the end of it for that democratic cocksucker...
The Kennedy's were/are so strong, that the sheriff and police didn't even question him very much. As I've said before, Mary Jo is waiting on him with bated breath...

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 11:13 PM
PAN

Very true sir, thought we find these days that said strength is waining...
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 12:54 AM
Fuzzy Flounder Fishin'

Location: On the express train to management training in hell.
i'd be curious to see how many of those people donated to this abortion's campaign... hmmmm

┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐
That's directed at you, UHHHbama
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 09:08 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Man, you get drunk and kill one girl. How about getting expelled from Harvard for cheating? Getting kicked out an Army intelligence program for being a dumbass and using his name to get transferred to Europe during the Korean war so he could go mountain climbing? Hell Jimmy Carter beat the guy in a primary election.

Ted Kennedy, face of the democratic party since 1962.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 05:24 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
The Kennedy's were/are so strong, that the sheriff and police didn't even question him very much. As I've said before, Mary Jo is waiting on him with bated breath...
lmao... visual popped into my head of her standing behind St Peter with a baseball bat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
Idiocracy: it's here. We're fucked.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Time Served

I can't believe that I am defending Ted Kennedy but here it goes. The Discovery Channel (or something like it) did an in depth investigation into the death of Mary Jo and they came to the conclusion that she was the driver of the car and that Ted was just drunk of his ass normal self. The reason Ted claimed to be the driver was because him and his family would have be open to a big civil law suit because of the laws of the era IF she had been the driver acting as one of his employees. It took him several days to claim that he was the driver and I am sure that is what his family lawyers told him to say.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 08:11 PM
T-MINUS

Ted 'puddin'head' Kennedy makes me sick. Fuck that guy. If he had the health care he is trying to shove down our throat, he'd be dead by now.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 02:47 AM
Out

This is awarded for "An especially meritorious contribution to the security or national interests of the United States, world peace, cultural or other significant public or private endeavors."

Although the list of people above can fall into a category somewhere, I don't see but a few who have made an impact of any kind to receive this. These medals/awards are losing their value every year.

Look at Al Gore getting a fucking Nobel Peace Prize. Gimme a fucking break. Anyone can make a video full of half-truths and lies about the environment with some trumped-up power point slide about CO emmissions.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 06:36 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
This is awarded for "An especially meritorious contribution to the security or national interests of the United States, world peace, cultural or other significant public or private endeavors."

Although the list of people above can fall into a category somewhere, I don't see but a few who have made an impact of any kind to receive this. These medals/awards are losing their value every year.

Look at Al Gore getting a fucking Nobel Peace Prize. Gimme a fucking break. Anyone can make a video full of half-truths and lies about the environment with some trumped-up power point slide about CO emmissions.
Sort of like Jeffrey Dahmer getting the Good Housekeeping "seal of approval" for his horderves recipes...

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 08:12 AM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo855 View Post
I can't believe that I am defending Ted Kennedy but here it goes. The Discovery Channel (or something like it) did an in depth investigation into the death of Mary Jo and they came to the conclusion that she was the driver of the car and that Ted was just drunk of his ass normal self. The reason Ted claimed to be the driver was because him and his family would have be open to a big civil law suit because of the laws of the era IF she had been the driver acting as one of his employees. It took him several days to claim that he was the driver and I am sure that is what his family lawyers told him to say.
Then he was lying and breaking the law in that way too. Maybe his brain tumor will kill him.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Bullet Sponge

It's like they are trying to give the Purple Heart to anyone with PTSD. As someone with PTSD, it pisses me off. Some pogue somewhere can say "Oh, I had a nightmare of a firefight I wasn't even in" and get a purple heart? HEll no. You don't bleed, you don't get it. I feel the same way about the fact they took the Combat Infantry Badge and wussed it down for a combat action badge.

Were you near combat at some point? Yes? Here you go. We know that the infantry guys were fighting but since you were somewhere around, you deserve one too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement