So Gates is here... - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
So Gates is here...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090728/.../ml_gates_iraq

Talk about a traffic jam. I just waited to take a late lunch. I hope he chooses a different DFAC for dinner.
Denny is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 10:20 AM
T-MINUS
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,540
I'm sure the crowds were bigger with the Prez in Chief showed up.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams


Sean88gt is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 11:53 AM
reo
Lima Lima Mike Foxtrot
 
reo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Wylie
Posts: 1,174
Haha, glad no one ever visits my little hell hole of a post here. Then again, I can't stand being here much, so I'm always ready to hit the road, Liberty, Balad, etc. Somehow I always miss the cool stuff, like Steve Colbert filming at Victory. Oh well, not much longer and I'm outta this place.

-Eric

Official Adrenaline Donor
1971 Chevy C-10 LWB - 350/350 with some fun parts.
1999 GMC 2500 LWB

"Why do they call this route the 'Widowmaker'?"
"I'm not sure, maybe route 'Oh God we're all going to die' was taken..."
reo is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 02:46 PM
Lifer
 
GT Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,335
I thought you were in Asscrackistan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
Idiocracy: it's here. We're fucked.
GT Dan is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Plans changed for Afghanistan. With companies coming in and KBR losing contracts, I'm sitting here and waiting to see who goes where.

Gates left after dinner.
Denny is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 11:38 PM
Lifer
 
GT Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
Plans changed for Afghanistan. With companies coming in and KBR losing contracts, I'm sitting here and waiting to see who goes where.

Gates left after dinner.
Good thing he's gone... keep your head down and be safe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
Idiocracy: it's here. We're fucked.
GT Dan is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 12:41 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bagram Air Base, Afg
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
Plans changed for Afghanistan. With companies coming in and KBR losing contracts, I'm sitting here and waiting to see who goes where.

Gates left after dinner.
Ain't that the damn truth, looking for a new job every day. I have been volunteering in our Screening Cell interviewing LNs just to get the experience and cross train.

On the same note I have given a few new commer breifings to guys getting transfered to Afg from Iraq without a choice. I asked them "didn't they tell you we are all out of jobs soon?" The didn't do them any favors. You should here them crying in my office about the living conditions here. Babies

Rick Perry came thru one of my FOBs the other day and a buddy of mine got to eat lunch with him. Gov Perry even invited him to join him at dinner to discuss Health Care. He never passed thru here though.

So Denny how long did you have to wait in line for lunch, like 15 minutes? lol
sonic93 is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 02:06 AM Thread Starter
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic93 View Post
Ain't that the damn truth, looking for a new job every day. I have been volunteering in our Screening Cell interviewing LNs just to get the experience and cross train.

On the same note I have given a few new commer breifings to guys getting transfered to Afg from Iraq without a choice. I asked them "didn't they tell you we are all out of jobs soon?" The didn't do them any favors. You should here them crying in my office about the living conditions here. Babies

Rick Perry came thru one of my FOBs the other day and a buddy of mine got to eat lunch with him. Gov Perry even invited him to join him at dinner to discuss Health Care. He never passed thru here though.

So Denny how long did you have to wait in line for lunch, like 15 minutes? lol
2 hours... smallprice to pay to have Gates and his groupies eat ahead of me. There are other DFACs on base, but I let HAZMAT borrow my truck since their tranny went out.

Are you looking to come over here? I can see if they're needing any Security. I know they're only doing in-house hirings right now.
Denny is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 02:48 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bagram Air Base, Afg
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
2 hours... smallprice to pay to have Gates and his groupies eat ahead of me. There are other DFACs on base, but I let HAZMAT borrow my truck since their tranny went out.

Are you looking to come over here? I can see if they're needing any Security. I know they're only doing in-house hirings right now.
I am really hoping I get laid off to tell you the truth. I am BRS and would be nice to collect that unemployment check while I take 1-2 months off and look for a job in the States. I have some apps in with Raytheon in FtWorth/Dallas area.

I just need this job to last until the first week in Jan 2010. I will have all my new home stuff bought and paid for and still have a good sized savings and stock portfolio. That is my main goal before I can go home.

Speaking of chow just got back, no one interesting here. Just some under cooked spaghetti and .gov meat balls.
sonic93 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome