First cigs and then...... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

First cigs and then......

Hot dogs.http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,411263,00.html
I guess when everybody quits smoking they will start adding a sin tax on hot dogs. I mean they do cause cancer and will lead to a bigger burden on health insurance costs. Maybe this will open some eyes about our rights that people are giving away on a daily basis. It starts out as a good concept and then opens the door for more intrusion on your rights. Alot of people are happy about the smoking bans because it doesn't affect things they like or do but next thing you know they broaden the scope of things and once the foot is in the door it's hard to stop it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 10:09 PM
Bullet Sponge

You have to love leftist health nuts.

I'd love to start a smear campaign against tofu and soy just to watch them lose their minds
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Lifer

lol did you even read the article? It has nothing to do with sin taxes or banning cigarettes or really ANYTHING to do with the government.

I don't mind at all that this group is pushing for healthier food in public schools. I don't think they're going about the right way of doing it (read: scare tactics) but at least they're doing something.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Alot of people don't understand the implications of such laws. Take the seatbelt law for instance. Just as a disclaimer I do wear my seatbelt but how many people have been pulled over for this a a pretense to look for other things.Guilty or not it opened the door for intrusion on your rights period. imho
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
lol did you even read the article? It has nothing to do with sin taxes or banning cigarettes or really ANYTHING to do with the government.

I don't mind at all that this group is pushing for healthier food in public schools. I don't think they're going about the right way of doing it (read: scare tactics) but at least they're doing something.
It's just the first phase. Sure it seems innocent enough but the next thing you know. I don't need someone other than myself to decide whats best for me. I'm not a child I do what I want within the law. But the laws governing these everyday choices are ever expanding.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Lifer

It's not even a law, or being proposed as a law, or even being lobbied to Congress to potentially be a law.

Do you wear a tin foil hat?

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
It's not even a law, or being proposed as a law, or even being lobbied to Congress to potentially be a law.

Do you wear a tin foil hat?
It starts this way pretty soon you have enough people on pettitions and such that somebody will pay attention. They didn't have laws concerning cig's overnight it took time and effort,people thought it was a joke "no way they will they ever get anywhere with that"but it happened plus it opened the door now it's easier to do. We are just thinking of your best intrests nothing wrong with that.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 10:35 PM
Bullet Sponge

How do you think laws come about Taylor? Some organization petitions government with a LOT of cash and that law maker sees said cash and writes it up and ta da.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
How do you think laws come about Taylor? Some organization petitions government with a LOT of cash and that law maker sees said cash and writes it up and ta da.
No way.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 10:55 PM
Bullet Sponge

Sometimes, you have to break it down for the kiddos
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 11:02 PM
Racist....that means you!

lol, i clicked on this thread as i was eating a hotdog............awesome!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 01:10 AM
Time Served

I just think the OP is upset cause the gubment might effect his weiner eating habits

LOL

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 01:37 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
I know exactly how they come about but to think something as minuscule as this, especially when it's only even talking about public school cafeterias (as in, things like that would be decided by the school board and not the government), is pretty dumb imo.

Also, @Slammy, LOL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement