My Letter to John Cornyn and Joe Barton - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

My Letter to John Cornyn and Joe Barton

I wrote this letter this morning, going to send it to my representatives. It's not anything that hasn't been said on here before, I just feel like I should say it to them since they are the ones voting.

Ideas to improve it are welcome. If I am factually wrong on something let me know, I'm not apolitical expert just a normal dude trying to sift through the crap.

Quote:
Congressman Joe Barton

Mr. Barton,

I wanted to take a minute and write you about several important issues facing you at this time. I believe our country is at a crossroads, and I urge you to stand with the people in defense of the Constitution of the United States of America.

Congress has far exceeded the authority given to it by the people, and is no longer working for the people. When the government bailed out the financial industry, took over GM, and now plans to take over the healthcare system, they have proven that they are now a force to rule the people as they please, rather than to serve them according to the Constitution.

The financial industry got rich trading asset backed derivatives, and when the bubble popped the American people were forced to foot the bill. General Motors failed to support the infrastructure of the massive empire they created, and when sales dropped the American people were forced to bail them out. Healthcare costs are skyrocketing for everyone, and now the government plans to force us to once again take care of it.

While each of these situations was dire, the Constitution of the United States provides no room for the government to interfere with these private matters. While Wall Street and CEOís are getting rich, the American people are paying the price. When we stop buying GM cars because we donít want them we are forced to buy the company.

Somewhere Congress got the idea that is was their responsibility to fix every problem our nation encounters. Yes healthcare costs are outrageous, Yes there are thousands of uninsured Americans, No congress does not need to get involved. We do not need your help, this is not a government problem. Doing nothing is what congress needs to do about this. It is not up to you to fix this problem; it is up to the citizens of this country to find a solution to a citizenís problem.

Take a stand, not against democrats, a liberal agenda, or the President. Take a stand for the Constitution of the United States of America. Limit your power for the better of this country. Allow the citizens of this country to live with the consequences of their mistakes, and learn a lesson from them.

Respectfully,

Jeff Dooley

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Banned

Short and to the point, I wouldn't change much...except to cc 533 others in on it, and remind them that we are their employers and the pink slips are already filled out.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 07:18 PM
Time Served

Slow 06 here is a letter I wrote to Pete Sessions today but it's not as sort and to the point as yours.
Honorable Rep. Pete Sessions
Washington D.C. Office

Dear Mr. Sessions

I am writing you this letter because I believe no Democrat would ever take the time to listen to my fears, & after watching Cspan you & the Honorable Mr. Jeff Flake both seemed fearless.

I have been a life long Democrat, and my husband no longer has insurance because BC/BS shot the cost up to $897 per month & we could no longer afford it, so we hold our breath until we can find insurance we can afford or he reaches 65 yrs of age. Believe me I’m not against Congress helping by making certain that Insurances Co. cover everyone (as they do with Auto Drivers) at a price everyone can afford. I do not believe the Government should run Health Care. The only way after reading everything I can find on this Health Care plan & listening to Cspan that would make me believe it is going to be a good plan is if President Obama, His Family, Members of the House & Congress & their families give up the Insurance coverage they now have & sign a pledge that they will be using this Insurance Policy for the rest of their lives just as all the people of the USA will wind up having to use it, then & only then will I and 75% of the USA will gladly say yes & feel comfortable about this plan.

I watched with great interest the Cap & Trade/Energy Bill on Cspan & was shocked beyond words to see the way the Democrats acted on the floor of the house, they made deals with other Democrats to get their vote with promises to change certain thing that they did not like even though they had no time to make that change to the bill they were to vote on in a matter of minutes. But when the Republicans made suggestions or tried to ask a question they were cut down like they did not exist. The worst part came a short time later when the Republicans asked repeatedly for a completed copy of the Bill and none was available. The Secretary was still collating the new 395 or so pages that had been added as late as 3AM that morning. Not one person in that room had seen the completed bill, but you were being asked to vote on something that you had not read in its entirety. Can you believe that 219 supposedly intelligently persons voted YES for something that will cost trillions of Dollars without reading the Bill first. I was shocked! How could they call themselves Americans much less our Representatives?

I may not be able to able to afford insurance but I cannot see the Government taking over the Health Care Industry. I again watched Cspan the other evening and 10 Democrats & 8 Republicans were to work on & exchange ideas for the huge Health Care Bill that is projected to cost 1Trillion dollars or more. The Democrats had one hour and they gave glowing report of their side of the bill and promptly got up and left the floor, the Democrats were left to talk for one hour to the cameras. I could not believe the arrogance of a party that I have always felt stood for the people. They now stand for nothing but tax & spend maybe they always did.

I have called numerous people that I know to start watching Cspan so they to will know how the Democrat party is behaving. The Gag that they are putting on the Republicans is outrageous. The amounts of money the Democrats & this President are spending will DOUBLE the National Dept in only 1 year. We just passed the One TRILLION Mark. This TAX, BORROW & SPEND has got to stop NOW.

On the Internet yesterday I read with great interest how Obama & his henchmen were sending threatening letters & through the Internet to both the House of Representatives & Congress and the people of the United States as well. I cannot believe that EVEN ONE of YOU would stand for that, much less let Obama continue to rush you into passing a Trillion Dollar Bill. "FOR SHAME” WE NEED ELECTIONS NOW TO ELECT PEOPLE WITH A BACKBONE THAT ARE STRONG, AND NOT AFFARD OF THREATS.

What is the House of Representatives & Senators good for now? President Obama has created a total of no less that 32 Czar, an Auto Czar, Banking Czar, & so many others. So why are these two branches of Government even needed now since not one of you know what is going on & VERY SOON no one will needs your permission or votes to proceed with projects they want to undertake they just go straight to the President. You WILL not BE Needed Anymore.

My last thought, I heard another Democrat on Cspan say that the last (8) eight years and the economic downfall was completely caused by the Republicans, I think there is enough Blame to go around, then I looked it UP and here is the answers in short Form:
A brief history of financial crisis,
1977: President Jimmy Carter (D) signs the Community Reinvestment Act guaranteeing home loans to low-income families
1999: President Bill Clinton (D) puts the CRA on steroids, pushing Fannie & Freddie to increase the # of sub-prime loans.
2003: The White House calls Fanny & Freddy a systemic risk. Bush adminsistration pushes Congress to enact new regulations.
2003: Barney Frank (D-CN) says F & F are not in crisis. He bashes Republicans for crying wolf and calls F & F financially sound. Democrats block the Republicans-sponsored regulations legislation.
2005: Federal Reserve Chair Alan Greenspan voices a warning over F & F accounting. We are placing the total financial system of the future at a substantial risk
2005: Sen. Schumer, (D-NY) says I think F & F over the years have done an incredibly job.
2006: Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) calls for reform. For years I have been concerned about the regulatory structure that governs F & F & it needs to be reformed NOW.
2006: Democrats again block reform legislation.
2008: Housing market collapses Democrats blame the Republicans.

If the hostility in the House & Congress do not correct itself very quickly the people will make sure that both sides in the House & Congress will not be there after the voting elections in 2010 & 2012 . No one will return to cause this kind of discord & distane again. We the people are sick of it. I will be voting in 2010 & 2012 & it will not be for a Democrat this time & if Republicans don’t stand up and take a leadership role I will find an Independent to vote for. In 2012 the President that I vote for will be someone that is sane & sinceable not someone with a one word campaign.

Thank you for taking the time to read.

Sincerely,

We donít need to restore the American Dream; we need to wake up from it.

When the rich run out of money, itís over.

Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by helosailor View Post
Short and to the point, I wouldn't change much...except to cc 533 others in on it, and remind them that we are their employers and the pink slips are already filled out.
Not a bad idea. I do wonder though, how much weight does it hold to send a letter to someone outside your district/state? I don't expect Cornyn or Barton to call me and thank me personally for opening up their eyes, but would a person who is not my Senator/Rep care at all? I almost feel like they don't answer to me...

Edit, I made a few changes so i can send it to Democratic leaders also.

Quote:
Congressman Joe Barton

Mr. Barton,

I wanted to take a minute and write you about several important issues facing you at this time. I believe our country is at a crossroads, and I urge you to stand with the people in defense of the Constitution of the United States of America.

Congress has far exceeded the authority given to it by the people, and is no longer working for the people. When the government bailed out the financial industry, took over GM, and now plans to take over the healthcare system, they have proven that they are now a force to rule the people as they please, rather than to serve them according to the Constitution.

The financial industry got rich trading asset backed derivatives, and when the bubble popped the American people were forced to foot the bill. General Motors failed to support the infrastructure of the massive empire they created, and when sales dropped the American people were forced to bail them out. Healthcare costs are skyrocketing for everyone, and now the government plans to force us to once again take care of it.

While each of these situations was dire, the Constitution of the United States provides no room for the government to interfere with these private matters. While Wall Street and CEO’s are getting rich, the American people are paying the price. When we stop buying GM cars because we don’t want them we are forced to buy the company.

Somewhere Congress got the idea that is was their responsibility to fix every problem our nation encounters. Yes healthcare costs are outrageous, Yes there are thousands of uninsured Americans, No congress does not need to get involved. We do not need your help, this is not a government problem. Doing nothing is what congress needs to do about this. It is not up to you to fix this problem; it is up to the citizens of this country to find a solution to a citizen’s problem.

Take a stand, not against a political party, not against a political agenda, or against the President. Take a stand for the Constitution of the United States of America. Limit your power for the better of this country. Allow the citizens of this country to live with the consequences of their mistakes, and learn a lesson from them.

Respectfully,

Jeff Dooley

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com

Last edited by slow06; 07-20-2009 at 09:27 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 10:56 PM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss D View Post
I have been a life long Democrat, and my husband no longer has insurance because BC/BS shot the cost up to $897 per month & we could no longer afford it
Have you looked into an HSA? My insurance also shot into the stratsophere ($1100/month for a family of 4) and we went with an hsa. Go to www.hsabank.com for more info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement