Perhaps the greatest danger to the US... and it isn't Obama - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 06:05 AM Thread Starter
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Perhaps the greatest danger to the US... and it isn't Obama

This is a VERY long article in the Rolling Stone about Goldman Sachs.

I have known most of this stuff for quite a while but the RS does a damn good job in explaining things. It is a long read but frankly I think you need to lengthen your attention span when it comes to the survival of your country.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...bubble_machine

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Lifer

That is a really good read/explanation of what goes on between big business, governmnet, and lobbyist. He talks about a big one with GS, but all along the way thoughout those schemes a lot of other comapnies made out pretty well too. How long until someone kidnaps a few of these big wigs or their family memebrs and saws thier head off on video? That's the only way I'm afraid the message will get across to change their ways....

Last edited by jw33; 07-20-2009 at 01:30 PM.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Lifer

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Lifer

I read the entire thing. Unbelievable. I haven't done any fact checking, but I did a casual search and didn't see any disputes.

Gangster Economics. I think that about sums it up. Interesting that the future healthcare plan is not mentioned. I'm sure there is an investor or two involved in that as well.

You guys should take an hour and read the whole thing, well worth it-

<---- ready to shoot someone
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 06:51 PM
Lifer

Not that I like the French....

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Time Served

good ole RP, seems to be one the only guy really fighting for the american people it seems.

and what a fucking suprize, some white collar douchebags that sit in the AC all day trying to figure out how to screw people over and get rich without actually being productive.
Removing america as the worlds currency would probably be the only way to stop some of these people. Course i think when that happens, america will learn its true value in the world and not an inflated Fed value. I dont think the people are gonna like what they see either.

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.

Last edited by Slammy; 07-20-2009 at 07:15 PM.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Genetically Blessed

I read it when it came out. Pretty good read, had some problems with the story, but definitely worth the read and enlightening.
I have some good commentary that I was emailed, but I'm waiting on permission from the guy who wrote it to post it here.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
I read it when it came out. Pretty good read, had some problems with the story, but definitely worth the read and enlightening.
I have some good commentary that I was emailed, but I'm waiting on permission from the guy who wrote it to post it here.
your sig is awesome, where did you find that fucking moron?

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 08:27 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammy View Post
your sig is awesome, where did you find that fucking moron?
A you kidding? This place is full of those dipshits, just throw a rock in any direction and you'll hit one....
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 08:33 PM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw33 View Post
A you kidding? This place is full of those dipshits, just throw a rock in any direction and you'll hit one....
Ha! Actually, that guy is still on here under a different user name. I don't remember what it was, but he pm'd me from the new user name a long time ago. He said that I was using his quote in my sig and gave me props...thought I had quoted it b/c it was a great passage! Lmfao...
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Lifer

pyschotexan?

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 10:48 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw33 View Post
LMFAO...the US didnt exist until AFTER WW2. Thats pure comedy right there!

I love the whole immigration debate when people try defending illegals with "we are all immigrants"
Well no shit, the difference is our people came here cause their country sucks balls and unified under being AMERICANS. They openly say, MY COUNTRY SUCKED SO I CAME HERE SINCE I WANTED A BETTER LIFE.

The mexicans dont want to do that, they want to be here, get all benefits and still claim to be mexicans and talk about how great their shithole of a country is. Because becoming a true part of america is becoming "white". Some peoples history knowledge and logic is so fucked up.

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 11:34 AM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
I read the entire thing. Unbelievable. I haven't done any fact checking, but I did a casual search and didn't see any disputes.

Gangster Economics. I think that about sums it up. Interesting that the future healthcare plan is not mentioned. I'm sure there is an investor or two involved in that as well.

Just read it this morning... and feel the same way.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 12:04 PM
Lifer

Quote:
x2. I was impressed by the article. The fact that I was able to understand it pretty well is saying something. LOL.
A Year ago I couldn't tell you much of anything about politics. I just lived my life and didn't take an interest in the economy or political figures. The fact that someone like me is starting to take notice means enough bullshit has been going on to get under my skin. I wonder how many other people are starting to "wake up".
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 07:15 PM
Got Lateral G's??

Quote:

And they wonder why the dems are pushing gun control/abolishment...?

Looking for sponsorships for 2010 on the car above... PM for details and schedule.

I'm a mod motor GOD! LOL!
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 07:41 AM
PAN

Damned good read and makes a hell of a lot of sense.

No stopping that freight train though. We're fucked and that's pretty much the end of the story...
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 03:16 PM
ebay pimp

So Wall Street is really just an Arab Flea Market... LOL!!!!

This proves what I've thought for years, that the American Government sold out to (or was kidnapped by) Corporate America a long time ago.

And the stupid litmus test arguments of gun control, abortion & gay marriage? Cheap window dressing to keep the great unwashed occupied while being bilked out of trillions of dollars.

Doesn't even matter who's in power, Democrat or Republican.

Goldman Sachs is the financial blackhole of the USA. They won't stop until the USA is totally destroyed, then they'll move to China or India and become the financial blackhole of Asia
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 12:39 AM
Time Served

Used to be separation of church and state cause the church was calling all the shots and not the elected government.

Now it needs to be separation of corporation and state because they are calling all the shots instead of the elected government.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement