US Terror conference. - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Exclamation US Terror conference.

And they are protected under US rights..


http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,533880,00.html

Group Reportedly Linked to Al Qaeda Holds First U.S. Conference

Sunday, July 19, 2009


The Khilafah Conference 2009 is scheduled to be held July 19, 2009 at the Hilton Oak Lawn hotel.

Protesters gathered outside a Chicago area hotel Sunday as an Islamic extremist group reportedly linked to Al Qaeda held its first official conference on U.S. soil in an attempt to step up Western recruitment efforts.

Members of Hizb ut-Tahrir — a global Sunni network with reported ties to confessed 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and Al Qaeda in Iraq's onetime leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi — met Sunday inside a Hilton hotel to host a conference, "The Fall of Capitalism and the Rise of Islam."

Hizb ut-Tahrir insists that it does not engage in terrorism, and it is not recognized by the State Department as a known terror group.

But some terrorism experts say it may be even more dangerous than many groups that are on the terror list.

"Hizb ut-Tahrir is one of the oldest, largest indoctrinating organizations for the ideology known as jihadism," Walid Phares, director of the Future of Terrorism Project at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, told FOXNews.com.

Phares said that Hizb ut-Tahrir, rather than training members to carry out terrorist acts like Al Qaeda, focuses instead on indoctrinating youths between ages of 9 and 18 to absorb the ideology that calls for the formation of an empire — or "khilafah" — that will rule according to Islamic law and condones any means to achieve it, including militant jihad.

Hizb ut-Tahrir often says that its indoctrination "prepares the infantry" that groups like Al Qaeda take into battle, Phares said.

"It's like a middle school that prepares them to be recruited by the high school, which is Al Qaeda," he said. "One would compare them to Hitler youth. ... It's an extremely dangerous organization."

Phares said Hizb ut-Tahrir has strongholds in Western countries, including Britain, France and Spain, and clearly is looking to strengthen its base in the U.S.

"The aim of this conference is to recruit within the Muslim community in America," he said. "The Middle East governments go after them, but in the U.S. they are protected, so having a base here is going to help their cells around the world."

Representatives of Hizb ut-Tahrir declined to comment when contacted by FOXNews.com.

Oren Segal, director of Islamic Affairs for the Anti-Defamation League, said the conference is cause for concern.

"While they're not, for the most part, engaging in violent activities, and they publicly say that they're against violence, there have been examples around the world where people who have spun off of this group have engaged in violent activity," Segal told FOXNews.com. "That's why they're banned in several Arab and Central Asian countries, as well as Germany and Russia."

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is one of the group's most famous alumni, New Statesman journalist Shiv Malik reported, citing intelligence sources. In addition to plotting the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, he also is implicated in the World Trade Center bombing of 1993, the Bali nightclub bombings and the murder of Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl.

Malik's report, the public policy institute the Nixon Center and the counter-extremism think tank the Quilliam Foundation agree that Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who was the leader of Al Qaeda in Iraq until he was killed in June 2006, also was once a member of Hizb ut-Tahrir.

They say other former members include Asif Muhammad Hanif, a British man who blew himself up outside a bar in Tel Aviv, killing four people (including himself) and wounding more than 50; and Omar Bakri Mohammed, a radical cleric currently banned from Britain who praised the 9/11 attacks, raised funds for Hezbollah and Hamas and called for attacks on the Dublin airport because U.S. troops transfered there on their way to Iraq.

Segal said Hizb ut-Tahrir is becoming more active online in the U.S. — particularly on social networking sites like Facebook and MySpace — and now it may be able to add a significant number of Americans to its ranks.

But one place the group will likely not be recruiting is a local Islamic school that backed out of hosting the conference.

The non-profit Aqsa school in Bridgeview said Hizb ut-Tahrir had deceptively portrayed the conference as a bazaar-type event where traditional food and clothing would be sold.

"They misrepresented themselves and the event. We don't want to be in the middle of something like that," the school's business manager Rana Jaber, told CBS News.

The conference's new venue doesn't seem to mind.

Hilton Oak Lawn General Manager Rick Harmon said Hizb ut-Tahrir used its own name when it reserved the room for the conference, but the hotel was not aware of the content of the event, which includes lectures entitled "Capitalism is Doomed to Fail," "The Global Rise of Islam," and the "Role of Muslims in America," until after the contract was signed.

Still, Harmon said the hotel is open to all kinds of meetings, that don't necessarily reflect its position or beliefs.

"We're United States citizens and an American business — if it's legal, we're able to host it, as long as it's nothing that disrupts our other guests' privacy and security," Harmon told FOXNews.com.

According to the Khilafah Conference 2009 Web site, the group aims to do neither.

"Hizb-ut-Tahrir is convinced that change must start in the minds of people, and therefore does not accept for people, or societies, to be forced to change by means of violence and terror," it reads.

The site, which includes a promotional YouTube video, says the group "does not work in the West to change the system of government, but works to project a positive image of Islam to Western society."

But former member Ishtiaq Hussain said Hizb ut-Tahrir is repackaging itself as a moderate organization as a tactic, while in reality it is "extremist."

"They don't recognize countries like Israel, for example; they don’t believe Israel should exist," Hussain, now a trainer for the Quilliam Foundation, told FOXNews.com. "Some of their leaders have denied the Holocaust, and they believe homosexuals should be thrown off the highest building. ... It's actually a very dangerous group."

Hizb ut-Tahrir itself has also published writings that seem to contradict its tenet of non-violence.

In his book, "How the Khilafah Was Destroyed," Sheikh Abdul Qadeem Zalloom, the former global leader of Hizb ut-Tahrir, says anyone who rules by a non-Islamic system should "either retract or be killed ... even if this led to several years of fighting and even if it led to the killing of millions of Muslims and to the martyrdom of millions of believers."

Hizb ut-Tahrir's official ruling on the permissibility of hijacking planes says, "If the plane belongs to a country at war with Muslims, like Israel, it is allowed to hijack it, for there is no sanctity for Israel nor for the Jews in it."

And one of the organization's more recent leaflets, published in March, calls for the declaration of "a state of war against America."

Click here to read the leaflet.

But, despite these threats and calls to action, Hizb ut-Tahrir remains off the State Department's terror watch list, and it is free to host the Khilafah Conference and any other event like it.

"In other parts of the world where they're really very active, they've drawn tens of thousands of people to some of their events," Segal said.

"It'll be interesting to see to what degree they'll be welcomed here."

FOXNews.com's Diane Macedo contributed to this report.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 10:59 PM
Num say'n? (tm)
 
JP135's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5,702
Let the conference begin. Quietly evacuate a 10 block radius. Call in airstrike.

Repeat as necessary.

DFWMustangs.net
JP135 is offline  
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 11:58 PM
Lifer
 
GT Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,335
How is it that groups like this aren't on the terrorist watch list but Veterans returning from Iraq are?

There is something seriously wrong with this fucking country...
GT Dan is offline  
 
post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 12:04 AM
Freethinker
 
5.0 svo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Waco,TX
Posts: 3,097
I am sure they are being closely watched by our government. Saying that they aren't is a good way to gather Intel.
BTW their freedom to do that is what makes this country so great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
....LMAO @.... trying to figure out how to make a Utopian society!
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Variable-speed-Limits
5.0 svo is offline  
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 01:33 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
I am sure they are being closely watched by our government. Saying that they aren't is a good way to gather Intel.
BTW their freedom to do that is what makes this country so great.
No it's not. It is exactly what's flawed with our "Liberties and Freedom."

Once your "Liberties/Freedoms/Rights" or whatever infringe on anyone else's well-being and safety, you have violated and abused those "Rights."
Denny is offline  
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 07:23 AM
Lifer
 
89gt-stanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Keller
Posts: 2,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
BTW their freedom to do that is what makes this country so great.
Are you fucking kidding? Wow... I wonder how far your head is up your ass.

NO NO NO, it should be DFWLS1's, CUMMINS, C6 VETTES.net
89gt-stanger is offline  
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 07:55 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bagram Air Base, Afg
Posts: 2,094
all I can do is throw my hands up.....I got nothing.
sonic93 is offline  
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 08:26 AM
PAN
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 20,154
Yet if we had our own conference on how to dispatch those bastards we'd get raided by X agency before we were properly settled into our seats...
Fox466 is offline  
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 08:39 AM
Lifer
 
slow06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Arlington
Posts: 2,075
Scary...kinda wish I hadn't read it honestly. Where does freedom of religion stop?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
slow06 is offline  
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 08:39 AM
Censored
 
big_tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 3,699
Can Nazi's hold the same kind of conference?

Doors Done Rite
big_tiger is offline  
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 09:21 AM
Token Troll
 
GhostTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Sherman
Posts: 4,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
No it's not. It is exactly what's flawed with our "Liberties and Freedom."

Once your "Liberties/Freedoms/Rights" or whatever infringe on anyone else's well-being and safety, you have violated and abused those "Rights."
C'mon...they're just peacefully assembling. Not like they'd really do any of that. I just all talk and stuff.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
GhostTX is offline  
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: tail end of where the hell are we road
Posts: 807
unless they are breaking the law there is nothing that can be done. this is America remember . but think about it. would you rather run them underground or keep them in sight ? when we lived on the lake we could smell the meth labs in pelican bay. why were they not busted ? because the law kept tabs on the dumbasses and logged every car that went there. they just took them out when they got back to town. let the stupid bastards have their meetings. easiest way to catalog them . when all hell breaks loose , and it will, we'll know who and where .

" dont mess with the porchdog........ he bites "
Bubbaearl is offline  
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 09:55 AM
Token Troll
 
GhostTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Sherman
Posts: 4,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbaearl View Post
unless they are breaking the law there is nothing that can be done. this is America remember . but think about it. would you rather run them underground or keep them in sight ? when we lived on the lake we could smell the meth labs in pelican bay. why were they not busted ? because the law kept tabs on the dumbasses and logged every car that went there. they just took them out when they got back to town. let the stupid bastards have their meetings. easiest way to catalog them . when all hell breaks loose , and it will, we'll know who and where .
I hate to say it, but kind of a good point.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
GhostTX is offline  
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 10:52 AM
T-MINUS
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,540
One step closer to the eradication of Muslims. They'll push and continue to get more violent until laws start banning them like pit bulls.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams


Sean88gt is offline  
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 07:37 PM
Freethinker
 
5.0 svo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Waco,TX
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
No it's not. It is exactly what's flawed with our "Liberties and Freedom."

Once your "Liberties/Freedoms/Rights" or whatever infringe on anyone else's well-being and safety, you have violated and abused those "Rights."
As long as they are not hurting anyone or conspiring to break the law, they can do what ever the hell they want.
You want to talk about liberties and freedom. Those liberties and freedoms are the same ones that allow you to voice your opinion on this web sight. People on DFWstangs talk about Obama all the time. That could be considered terroristic, same as what they are doing. You want them to take away their rights? Yours are next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
Are you fucking kidding? Wow... I wonder how far your head is up your ass.
Just like this country allows you the freedom to be a dipshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbaearl View Post
unless they are breaking the law there is nothing that can be done. this is America remember . but think about it. would you rather run them underground or keep them in sight ? when we lived on the lake we could smell the meth labs in pelican bay. why were they not busted ? because the law kept tabs on the dumbasses and logged every car that went there. they just took them out when they got back to town. let the stupid bastards have their meetings. easiest way to catalog them . when all hell breaks loose , and it will, we'll know who and where .
Isn't that pretty much what I just said?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
....LMAO @.... trying to figure out how to make a Utopian society!
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Variable-speed-Limits
5.0 svo is offline  
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 12:42 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
As long as they are not hurting anyone or conspiring to break the law, they can do what ever the hell they want.
You want to talk about liberties and freedom. Those liberties and freedoms are the same ones that allow you to voice your opinion on this web sight. People on DFWstangs talk about Obama all the time. That could be considered terroristic, same as what they are doing. You want them to take away their rights? Yours are next!
No, in this situation MY rights will never be infringed upon because I'M NOT LINKED TO TERRORISTIC ORGANIZATIONS! Read the fucking article. A group of people that ARE LINKED TO TERRORISTIC ORGANIZATIONS are assembling.

Quote:
Hizb ut-Tahrir is one of the oldest, largest indoctrinating organizations for the ideology known as jihadism
What do you think is the driving force behind these terrorist attacks by Muslims? Anyone who is STILL ignorant to these facts desserve what's coming.
Denny is offline  
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 12:50 AM
Bullet Sponge
 
forever_frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cooper, Tx
Posts: 3,142
Actually, I've done some thinking about this...

All of us could be "linked to terrorist organizations." Remember when vets, anyone believing in immigration control, anyone going against gun control, ron paul supporters, right to life ....
forever_frost is offline  
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 01:24 AM
Freethinker
 
5.0 svo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Waco,TX
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
No, in this situation MY rights will never be infringed upon because I'M NOT LINKED TO TERRORISTIC ORGANIZATIONS! Read the fucking article. A group of people that ARE LINKED TO TERRORISTIC ORGANIZATIONS are assembling.



What do you think is the driving force behind these terrorist attacks by Muslims? Anyone who is STILL ignorant to these facts desserve what's coming.
So what you are saying is its okay to assemble, as long as you are christian? Because guess what, that is their religion. And as long as they are not hurting anyone, or conspiring to hurt anyone, then they can do what ever the fuck they want. There is a crime out there that is called conspiracy. Conspiracy to commit murder, conspiracy to manufacture meth etc etc. Those crimes are just as serious as the crimes they are conspiring to commit.
The term terroristic organization is an opinion. Who's opinion decides what organizations qualify?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
....LMAO @.... trying to figure out how to make a Utopian society!
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Variable-speed-Limits
5.0 svo is offline  
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 01:27 AM
Freethinker
 
5.0 svo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Waco,TX
Posts: 3,097
So Denny, are you for or against abortion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
....LMAO @.... trying to figure out how to make a Utopian society!
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Variable-speed-Limits
5.0 svo is offline  
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 02:38 AM
Bullet Sponge
 
forever_frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cooper, Tx
Posts: 3,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
So what you are saying is its okay to assemble, as long as you are christian? Because guess what, that is their religion. And as long as they are not hurting anyone, or conspiring to hurt anyone, then they can do what ever the fuck they want. There is a crime out there that is called conspiracy. Conspiracy to commit murder, conspiracy to manufacture meth etc etc. Those crimes are just as serious as the crimes they are conspiring to commit.
The term terroristic organization is an opinion. Who's opinion decides what organizations qualify?
Evidently the Department of Homeland Security.......
forever_frost is offline  
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 02:39 AM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
So Denny, are you for or against abortion?
Congratulations!
It was hard trying to find out what kind of people were to blame for the degredation of the U.S.A.
Thank you 5.0 SVO for manning up to raise your hand and take the blame as one of the many people we can say "told ya so" too when shit just keeps going downhill.

Fucking moron.

Magnus is offline  
post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 07:30 AM
Freethinker
 
5.0 svo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Waco,TX
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
Congratulations!
It was hard trying to find out what kind of people were to blame for the degredation of the U.S.A.
Thank you 5.0 SVO for manning up to raise your hand and take the blame as one of the many people we can say "told ya so" too when shit just keeps going downhill.

Fucking moron.
I was trying to make a point. Because whether you are for or against, someone could consider you a terroristic organization. Use your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
....LMAO @.... trying to figure out how to make a Utopian society!
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Variable-speed-Limits
5.0 svo is offline  
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 07:32 AM
Freethinker
 
5.0 svo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Waco,TX
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
Evidently the Department of Homeland Security.......
Opinions don't prosecute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
....LMAO @.... trying to figure out how to make a Utopian society!
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Variable-speed-Limits
5.0 svo is offline  
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 08:10 AM
He's no good to me dead.
 
Bobba Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fett's vette
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
So what you are saying is its okay to assemble, as long as you are christian? Because guess what, that is their religion. And as long as they are not hurting anyone, or conspiring to hurt anyone, then they can do what ever the fuck they want. There is a crime out there that is called conspiracy. Conspiracy to commit murder, conspiracy to manufacture meth etc etc. Those crimes are just as serious as the crimes they are conspiring to commit.
The term terroristic organization is an opinion. Who's opinion decides what organizations qualify?
No, that's not what Denny was saying. He said it plain and simple: this group is LINKED to a terroristic organization. Don't try to twist the term into some kind of religious freedom and rights BS. Do you really think Islam is a peaceful religion? How ignorate can you possibility be?
Bobba Fett is offline  
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 08:33 AM
reppin tha westside
 
fitzwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: east of a rock, west of a hard place.
Posts: 3,948
why does it not surprise me that this is taking place in chicago??

------------------------------------------------------------------------
El Duderino.......of the Crown Royal Cruisers




Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Jester, your posts do the same thing as going to a county fair, you really make people think "Hey, I'm not so fucked up after looking at that guy!"
fitzwell is offline  
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 09:36 AM
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow06 View Post
Scary...kinda wish I hadn't read it honestly. Where does freedom of religion stop?
When christians want to do something. Any other religion gets a free pass.
mikeb is offline  
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 09:43 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS
 
Geor!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HERE WE GO!!!
Posts: 18,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
I am sure they are being closely watched by our government. Saying that they aren't is a good way to gather Intel.
BTW their freedom to do that is what makes this country so great.
I'm hopeful that the government had a few people in the meeting, but under this administration, not very optimistic.

Geor! is offline  
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 09:52 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,089
the are probably getting away with it under the right to assemble clause of the constitution. likewise groups like the KKK (labeled a terrorist group by the FBI) find protection under the same passages in the constitution when the hold national rallies.

cannonball996 is offline  
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 10:44 AM
PAN
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 20,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
One step closer to the eradication of Muslims. They'll push and continue to get more violent until laws start banning them like pit bulls.

Got a rifle that just got renamed Laws...
Fox466 is offline  
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Bullet Sponge
 
forever_frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cooper, Tx
Posts: 3,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
the are probably getting away with it under the right to assemble clause of the constitution. likewise groups like the KKK (labeled a terrorist group by the FBI) find protection under the same passages in the constitution when the hold national rallies.
Last time I checked, any time the KKK gets together (which is rare these days) police are on them like white on rice. However Black Panthers can stand outside voting stations and scare voters off and it's cool. No cops needed.

Most protected status: gay, black, Muslim
forever_frost is offline  
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
Last time I checked, any time the KKK gets together (which is rare these days) police are on them like white on rice. However Black Panthers can stand outside voting stations and scare voters off and it's cool. No cops needed.

Most protected status: gay, black, Muslim
didnt the KKK have some big march in chicago last year, with police protection, that everyone got pissed off about? there is also some white supremacist group that protests dallas city hall every year on MLK day.

cannonball996 is offline  
post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 11:51 AM
Bullet Sponge
 
forever_frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cooper, Tx
Posts: 3,142
I have no idea. I haven't heard about the KKK in years. However, that whole Black Panther thing at the voting station? They should have been executed.
forever_frost is offline  
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
So what you are saying is its okay to assemble, as long as you are christian? Because guess what, that is their religion. And as long as they are not hurting anyone, or conspiring to hurt anyone, then they can do what ever the fuck they want. There is a crime out there that is called conspiracy. Conspiracy to commit murder, conspiracy to manufacture meth etc etc. Those crimes are just as serious as the crimes they are conspiring to commit.
The term terroristic organization is an opinion. Who's opinion decides what organizations qualify?
Who said anything about Christianity?!?! Oh ya, the guy who hold prejudice against them... you! Nothing about me saying "LINKED TO TERRORIST ORGANIZATIONS" says anything about anyone's religion. It's not my fault that Muslim Extremists are the ones linked to this terror group.

Now, to address the rest of your retarded posts. There is no opinion about it.
FACT: Al Qeada had direct operations in the September 11th attacks.
FACT: Hizb ut-Tahrir is one of the oldest, largest indoctrinating organizations for the ideology known as jihadism.
FACT: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and Abu Musab al-Zarqawi have direct association with Al Qeada and had roles in the September 11th attacks.
FACT: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and Abu Musab al-Zarqawi ARE members of Hizb ut-Tahrir

Where did I state an opinion? And as for you bringing up "conspiring," you shot yourself in the foot with that part of your argument. Hizb ut-Tahrir is hosting a conference called, "The Fall of Capitalism and the Rise of Islam." If that's not conspiring, then I don't know what is.




Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
So Denny, are you for or against abortion?
I was 100% against it until your mom popped you out.
Denny is offline  
post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 01:07 PM
T-MINUS
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
Got a rifle that just got renamed Laws...
We're only one attack away...
People do realize that Obama will bitch out and do nothing (both the terrorists and the attacked) so this little pimple will come to a head fast.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams


Sean88gt is offline  
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Lifer
 
slow06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Arlington
Posts: 2,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
Got a rifle that just got renamed Laws...
Kinda bad, but I laughed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
Who said anything about Christianity?!?! Oh ya, the guy who hold prejudice against them... you! Nothing about me saying "LINKED TO TERRORIST ORGANIZATIONS" says anything about anyone's religion. It's not my fault that Muslim Extremists are the ones linked to this terror group.

Now, to address the rest of your retarded posts. There is no opinion about it.
FACT: Al Qeada had direct operations in the September 11th attacks.
FACT: Hizb ut-Tahrir is one of the oldest, largest indoctrinating organizations for the ideology known as jihadism.
FACT: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and Abu Musab al-Zarqawi have direct association with Al Qeada and had roles in the September 11th attacks.
FACT: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and Abu Musab al-Zarqawi ARE members of Hizb ut-Tahrir

Where did I state an opinion? And as for you bringing up "conspiring," you shot yourself in the foot with that part of your argument. Hizb ut-Tahrir is hosting a conference called, "The Fall of Capitalism and the Rise of Islam." If that's not conspiring, then I don't know what is.





I was 100% against it until your mom popped you out.
Uh oh, you done pissed Denny off.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
slow06 is offline  
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Freethinker
 
5.0 svo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Waco,TX
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
Who said anything about Christianity?!?! Oh ya, the guy who hold prejudice against them... you! Nothing about me saying "LINKED TO TERRORIST ORGANIZATIONS" says anything about anyone's religion. It's not my fault that Muslim Extremists are the ones linked to this terror group.

Now, to address the rest of your retarded posts. There is no opinion about it.
FACT: Al Qeada had direct operations in the September 11th attacks.
FACT: Hizb ut-Tahrir is one of the oldest, largest indoctrinating organizations for the ideology known as jihadism.
FACT: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and Abu Musab al-Zarqawi have direct association with Al Qeada and had roles in the September 11th attacks.
FACT: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and Abu Musab al-Zarqawi ARE members of Hizb ut-Tahrir

Where did I state an opinion? And as for you bringing up "conspiring," you shot yourself in the foot with that part of your argument. Hizb ut-Tahrir is hosting a conference called, "The Fall of Capitalism and the Rise of Islam." If that's not conspiring, then I don't know what is.





I was 100% against it until your mom popped you out.
I am not saying I agree with their actions, but unless they are doing something illegal, they have the right to gather and discuss whatever they want. Just like you guys were against them being able to lock up terrorists as long as they want without ever having a trial. Because you are afraid you will be next.
As for the Fall of Capitalism and the rise of Islam. If you are going to get someone for conspiracy, they have to be conspiring to do something illegal. Capitalism may fall without anyone (Islam) ever doing anything illegal. Is that not possible? Especially if our own laws are compromised.
BTW their are extremists in every religion. That doesn't mean they are all terrorists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
....LMAO @.... trying to figure out how to make a Utopian society!
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Variable-speed-Limits
5.0 svo is offline  
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 01:11 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
I am not saying I agree with their actions, but unless they are doing something illegal, they have the right to gather and discuss whatever they want. Just like you guys were against them being able to lock up terrorists as long as they want without ever having a trial. Because you are afraid you will be next.
I don't fear them. I just know what they are and I know they need to be terminated. I don't fear cockroaches, yet I will kill any in my house. They can bring harm to me and my family (ie:vectors). Don't try to make my stances out to be knee-jerk reactions. I've been jerking my knees for quite some time, if that's the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
As for the Fall of Capitalism and the rise of Islam. If you are going to get someone for conspiracy, they have to be conspiring to do something illegal. Capitalism may fall without anyone (Islam) ever doing anything illegal. Is that not possible? Especially if our own laws are compromised.
They worded the "conference" that way for a reason. Terrorists don't just kill. They do what they call themselves; they terrorize. Look at the panic it's already causing. They're doing what they planned. Why do you give me shit when I say it needs to end? I have never been accussed of nothing other than trying to better society.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
BTW their are extremists in every religion. That doesn't mean they are all terrorists.
No, but almost all the terroristic activity that has happened in the last 30 years has come from the actions of Muslim Extremist Groups... JUST LIKE THE ONES HOLDING THE GOD DAMNED CONFERENCE RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!
Denny is offline  
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 06:52 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: tail end of where the hell are we road
Posts: 807
sooner or later the world will get enough of this shit and stop pussy footing around with them. china is getting theirs now as is russia. soon they will be all for the war against terrorist . put enough troops on the ground to do the job and be done with it. fuck diplomacy it's time to kick ass and take names and screw anyone who does not like it. obama will be gone after his time is up and maybe we can elect a patriot who will do what is right for us.

" dont mess with the porchdog........ he bites "
Bubbaearl is offline  
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 07:20 AM
duh...duh....duh
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ES BEER
Posts: 9,543
I agree with Denny for the most part...

1. I was having problems finding specific people attending. If not an American, they should not be given the same rights. Kick them out.

2. *I* agree with not allowing these things to happen. However, all you anti-government/conspiracy goons better be supporting them and allowing it to happen. Can't have it one way and only bend your rules for specific things when it suites your agenda. Big brother will get all confused.

My '03 Sold.
ceyko is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome