Obama comment during the All Star Game - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Obama comment during the All Star Game

Anyone listen to him when he was in the booth?

It went something like this...

Joe Buck: "So the NL hasn't won this game since 1996... think we can get a bailout package for them?"

Obama: *Laughs* "Oooh, I don't know about, that we're out of money."

*Big hit, crowd goes crazy*

McCarver and Buck go back to the game for a second and then move on to the next subject.

As soon as he said that, I just know I had some combination of these two looks on my face:

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Found some links:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...-of-money.html

Quote:
POTUS at the All Star Game: No Bailout for the National League? "No, We're Out of Money"

July 14, 2009 9:49 PM

Sporting a White Sox jacket and some rather square dad-esque jeans (Bugle Boy?), lefty President Obama did a perfectly respectable job throwing out the first pitch at the All-Star game in St Louis this evening.

Though it was tough to tell on TV, the president *seemed to* throw the ball over the plate to Cardinal first baseman Albert Pujols, who inched up from a catcher's normal spot.

There were some scattered boos, but more cheers.

Smiling like he just clinched the final game of the World Series, the president then pumped his arm, seemingly pleased with the high-pressure pitch he'd been practicing.

President Obama joined sportscasters Joe Buck and Tim McCarver for some chit-chat in the FOX booth.

Why wear the White Sox jacket? He was asked.

"I'm a White Sox fan and my wife thinks I look cute in this jacket so why not?" said the president.

Unlike some White Sox fans, the president noted that he is NOT a Cubs hater, "I just don’t root for them."

To meet Stan Musial and Stan Gibson on the field, he said, was "such a reminder about what's great about this country, and you can't beat it."

Was his heart pounding beneath the jacket before the pitch?

The president coolly pointed out that he'd thrown out a first pitch during the American League Championship Series in 2005 when the White Sox hosted the Angels.

But "when you're a senator they show you no respect," he joked, and he didn't get to warm up four years ago. This time he did, and "we did a little practicing in the Rose Garden." He noted that after he threw out the first pitch, the White Sox won their next eight games.

The sportscasters noted that the last two teams he predicted would win it all -- the North Carolina Tarheels for the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament and the Pittsburgh Steelers for the Super Bowl -- won. So he's "two for two." Did he have any predictions for this year's World Series?

"It's a little early," he joked, "I tend to get a little more information" before he makes picks like that.

The president said there's "a lot of parity" across MLB, "which I think is terrific….Everybody around the country, there's a little hope for their team, except for maybe the Nationals."

The president pointed out that All Star and Phillies center fielder Shane Victorino, "is a Hawaiian kid." Former Phillies catcher McCarver pointed out that Victorino is the first "position player to come out of Hawaii," though three pitchers have hailed from the president's home state.

It was pointed out to the president that the National League hasn’t won the All Star Game since 1996 when he was starting his political career.

"This is a problem," the president said, asking Buck and McCarver, "what's your best theory on this?" Three or four years' worth of losing is one thing, you can say it's "just happenstance," but this was something else. McCarver cited the American League's designated hitter rule.

"So there's no bailout plan for the National League?" one of the sportscasters asked, laughing.

"No," said the president, "we're out of money."

- jpt

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #3 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 10:09 PM
Hunt James for President

i will be curious to see what the stock market does tomorrow.

95 Rio Red Cobra#3881
http://obamaclock.org

post #4 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 10:09 PM
Lifer

Oh, what a witty little cocksucker he is.

post #5 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Wolverines!!!

Newsflash dumbass...when you just bankrupted this nation on a bs scheme, you don't make a joke about it during the allstar game.
post #6 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 10:24 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

He's just preparing us for the screwing we're going to get when he jacks up taxes to pay for the NL bailout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #7 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 10:36 PM
Lifer

I think he needs to bail out Hicks...
post #8 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 10:58 PM
Lifer

He cracked a witty remark about our economy stop the fucking press that's not right
post #9 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 11:00 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

That's like walking into a funeral and yelling, "Why's everybody so quiet? Somebody dead?"

Quote:
post #10 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 11:04 PM
Lifer

So what you're all a bunch of PC pansies all of a sudden?
post #11 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 11:16 PM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
Are you really that stupid? This man (Oblahma) has fucked up America's chance to recover in ways that astound me. He has pushed for bills to pass that NO PERSON THAT WAS VOTING HAD READ! He has preached transparency and change and given us nothing of the like. How the FUCK do you think that this is mildly ok? When a POTUS talks, his words are heard around the world. Other countries base there opinions of us upon his actions and words. I for one do not like the reputation that we are forming in the world community. Shit like "we are out of money" SCREAMS volumes about our country's financial health. How is that about being politically correct? I think that statement was another shot in the mouth to our founding fathers and every American's way of life, not some PC bumble. Get your head on straight jackass.
post #12 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 11:16 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Don't get wound up, most here don't approve of him in any form. No one is trying to rake him over the coals over it.* We're all too busy paying new taxes to bother anyway...

*edit - except apparently the Polack
post #13 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 11:28 PM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
Don't get wound up, most here don't approve of him in any form. No one is trying to rake him over the coals over it.* We're all too busy paying new taxes to bother anyway...

*edit - except apparently the Polack

I was more angry that someone could just pass over the "out of money" thing. It was in bad taste and said many negative things about our country. I believe that was wrong, its like getting your ass kicked by a 13 year old lord of the rings geek when you are a 6 foot tall 21 year old jock and then talking about it on a national scale.
post #14 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 11:48 PM
Freethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post

I was more angry that someone could just pass over the "out of money" thing. It was in bad taste and said many negative things about our country. I believe that was wrong, its like getting your ass kicked by a 13 year old lord of the rings geek when you are a 6 foot tall 21 year old jock and then talking about it on a national scale.
Give me a break, it was a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
....LMAO @.... trying to figure out how to make a Utopian society!
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Variable-speed-Limits
post #15 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 11:54 PM
Bullet Sponge

No, it wasn't. It was him laughing about the ruin he has put us in. Now, if he could just remember that line when he wants the next stimulus
post #16 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 12:01 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
Give me a break, it was a joke.
Damn, you are blind as fuck aren't you? While it IS joke, it was made in very bad taste. I feel that if Obama thinks the public is so desensitized to our downfall that he can make a "joke" like this that it speaks volumes about his intentions for our country.

Him saying that the US is out of money is like walking up to a 15 year old with cancer and making a joke about it.
post #17 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 12:15 AM
Freethinker

Quote:
Damn, you are blind as fuck aren't you? While it IS joke, it was made in very bad taste. I feel that if Obama thinks the public is so desensitized to our downfall that he can make a "joke" like this that it speaks volumes about his intentions for our country.

Him saying that the US is out of money is like walking up to a 15 year old with cancer and making a joke about it.
If you believe America has cancer then you are the one with the problem.

Quote:
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

post #18 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 12:18 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
If you don't see that America has cancer, then you are the problem.

Quote:
post #19 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 12:21 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
Well said.
post #20 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 12:22 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Jesus you're dumb.
post #21 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 12:34 AM
Freethinker

Quote:
Have you ever noticed that cancer grows? It starts with one cell then a whole lot join in on the action. Right now you are not the majority, but someday I fear you might be. That is the day that America will die.

Quote:

post #22 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 12:37 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Have you ever noticed that cancer grows? It starts with one cell then a whole lot join in on the action. Right now you are not the majority, but someday I fear you might be. That is the day that America will die.
The problem (the cancer) is the assholes running this country into the ground, and the dipshits that put them and keep them in office. I'm neither one of those.

Quote:
post #23 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 12:38 AM
Freethinker

Quote:
Jesus you're dumb.
well said

Quote:

post #24 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 12:41 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Please apply your growing cancer to liberals ... thanks.
post #25 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 12:43 AM
Freethinker

Quote:
The problem (the cancer) is the assholes running this country into the ground, and the dipshits that put them and keep them in office. I'm neither one of those.
You know I hear everyone criticizing his actions but I dont hear anyone coming up with any better ideas.

Quote:

post #26 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 12:45 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
You know I hear everyone criticizing his actions but I dont hear anyone coming up with any better ideas.
I believe that's what they call "selective hearing."

Quote:
post #27 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 12:46 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
well said
Spelling and grammar have never been my strong suit. Who give a shit? Using my lack of knowledge regarding spelling and grammar is pretty cheap. Why don't you try ignoring pity shit like that and get back to the discussion at hand? Grow the fuck up.
post #28 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 12:51 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Are you fucking deaf?

post #29 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 12:52 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:

How about the majority of Americans SCREAMING for the stimulus package not to get passed? How about the majority of Americans opposing the bailout of GM? How about the growing number of Americans voicing their disapproval of Obama? There are plenty of ideas out there, just nobody in the Democrat controlled government hears them.
post #30 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 12:56 AM
Freethinker

Quote:
Spelling and grammar have never been my strong suit. Who give a shit? Using my lack of knowledge regarding spelling and grammar is pretty cheap. Why don't you try ignoring pity shit like that and get back to the discussion at hand? Grow the fuck up.
So what was wrong with what you said? Apparently you cant tell when someone is doing something right as well.

Quote:

post #31 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 01:03 AM
Freethinker

Quote:
How about the majority of Americans SCREAMING for the stimulus package not to get passed? How about the majority of Americans opposing the bailout of GM? How about the growing number of Americans voicing their disapproval of Obama? There are plenty of ideas out there, just nobody in the Democrat controlled government hears them.
So you are not screaming for anything? Because that is exactly what you want to happen, Nothing. You will criticize everything he does no matter what it is. Like I said. I hear a lot of complaints but no answers.
Name one thing he has done that you like??????? Try this one. www.google.com

Quote:

post #32 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 01:03 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
So what was wrong with what you said? Apparently you cant tell when someone is doing something right as well.
So what you are saying here is that because I cant spell that I am incapable to see that what Obama is doing is right? Just want to clarify here.
post #33 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 01:07 AM
Lifer

Baseball sucks fucking cock anyways, why bail it out?
post #34 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 01:07 AM
Freethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
Are you fucking deaf?
Okay come on lets hear it. How should Obama fix the economy? And I dont want to hear "he can start by not doing X"
Doing nothing is worse than doing the wrong thing.

Quote:

post #35 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 01:12 AM
Freethinker

Quote:
So what you are saying here is that because I cant spell that I am incapable to see that what Obama is doing is right? Just want to clarify here.
I never said you cant spell. In fact what I quoted had nothing wrong with it. You are quick to jump on band wagons aren't you?

Quote:

post #36 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 01:12 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
So you are not screaming for anything?
For the spending to stop, for America to get back to the core values that made us strong.

Quote:
Because that is exactly what you want to happen, Nothing.
Yep, I would love it if my government decided to stop spending record amounts of money on bullshit.

Quote:
You will criticize everything he does no matter what it is.
Nope, I will applaud him if he does something thats worth a shit you ignorant fuck. I have no problem recognizing when someone does right just as I recognize when someone does wrong.

Quote:
Like I said. I hear a lot of complaints but no answers.
Then you are deaf, what do you thing the whole tea party movement is all about? We are being fucked, there are plenty of ideas on how to do things differently but the dems don't listen ... just like you I guess.

Quote:
Name one thing he has done that you like???????
I am a fan that he sent more troops to Afghanistan .. nothing more.

Quote:
Try this one. www.google.com
What the fuck is this all about?
post #37 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 01:14 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Way wrong! I would rather see a ton of companies fail and others take there place. Thats what capitalism is all about jackass.

Last edited by Pokulski-Blatz; 07-15-2009 at 01:38 AM.
post #38 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 01:17 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
I never said you cant spell. In fact what I quoted had nothing wrong with it. You are quick to jump on band wagons aren't you?
I am not quick to jump on any band wagon chump, I dont give a shit what anyone thinks of me. I have no problem forming my own opinion and voicing it, has nothing to do with band wagons.

I guess I didn't realize that I was right ... oh well.
post #39 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 05:25 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Your ilk has been in office six months, and our country is on life support, with the defibrillator paddles in hand...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #40 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 07:14 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Completely backwards.

Doing nothing means not layering on more federal "programs" and bureaucrats to mismanage them. Doing nothing means not mortgaging our financial well-being to foreign lenders. Doing nothing means letting the financial institutions fail that should fail because their CEO's got greedy.

Doing nothing sounds pretty good right now, and it's going to sound very good in about 4-5 more years when there's little to show for the Obama spending spree other than higher interest rates, an enormous deficit, and more unneeded federal regulations.

Obama reminds me a lot of Michael Jackson's former shopping trips in Las Vegas....buying everything in sight in front of a gaggle of fawning worshippers and paparazzi,
post #41 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 07:26 AM
Freethinker

Quote:
I am not quick to jump on any band wagon chump, I dont give a shit what anyone thinks of me. I have no problem forming my own opinion and voicing it, has nothing to do with band wagons.

I guess I didn't realize that I was right ... oh well.
Ok, my bad. You are easily influenced. Hows that? All I did was quote something and you go on and on about how illiterate you are. lol

I really like how you like calling people names that have never said anything about you personally. Shows your true character.

Quote:

post #42 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 07:31 AM
Freethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk View Post
Completely backwards.

Doing nothing means not layering on more federal "programs" and bureaucrats to mismanage them. Doing nothing means not mortgaging our financial well-being to foreign lenders. Doing nothing means letting the financial institutions fail that should fail because their CEO's got greedy.

Doing nothing sounds pretty good right now, and it's going to sound very good in about 4-5 more years when there's little to show for the Obama spending spree other than higher interest rates, an enormous deficit, and more unneeded federal regulations.

Obama reminds me a lot of Michael Jackson's former shopping trips in Las Vegas....buying everything in sight in front of a gaggle of fawning worshippers and paparazzi,
The economy was fucked up from the word go. What you are saying is we should just bend over and take it with out even making an attempt to fix shit? I dont want to go out like that.

Quote:

post #43 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 07:39 AM
Lifer

Quote:
The economy was fucked up from the word go. What you are saying is we should just bend over and take it with out even making an attempt to fix shit? I dont want to go out like that.
The federal government is not capable of fixing the economy. Look at the government's own balance sheets to see their track record thus far in economic managment.
post #44 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 09:06 AM
Num say'n? (tm)

Quote:
News flash, chief: You don't fix a financial deficit by spending more money.

So how do you want to 'go out'? With China holding the note to the nation? The Chinese are just sitting back and laughing as the United States spends its way to oblivion. Bad debt? Not a problem, the Chinese will happily buy it. Because when the United States defaults, the Chinese will own this country lock stock and barrel.

Have you bothered to look at what the national debt from this stimulus package will be? Can you point to ONE thing that has positively affected your life as a result of it? Can you point to ONE job created by it? I cannot.

I can't think of a SINGLE thing the man has done that I approve of. And I've looked for something.

DFWMustangs.net
post #45 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 09:24 AM
T5-T56-Tremec specialist

Quote:
Originally Posted by openroadracer3 View Post
i will be curious to see what the stock market does tomorrow.
Its up 150 points.....
post #46 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 09:28 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Okay come on lets hear it. How should Obama fix the economy? And I dont want to hear "he can start by not doing X"
Relieve corporate tax rates and put a stop to all EPA / climate change legislation for the remainder of his term. In other words, give incentives for companies to form and grow here, hire more American workers, and increase the overall tax base significantly. That would be my plan.

Obama's plan of bailouts and tax increases is unfair to the marketplace (FORD) and makes companies do everything they can to close doors and scramble out of this country. Have you not noticed that 500,000 Americans lose their jobs every month? That is staggering. You want immediate action, it should NOT be in the form of bailouts, it should be in finding ways to get companies to hire workers.

At it's core, Obama's plan is designed to make people more dependent on government. Do you agree with that assessment?
post #47 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 09:35 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Are you really that stupid? This man (Oblahma) has fucked up America's chance to recover in ways that astound me. He has pushed for bills to pass that NO PERSON THAT WAS VOTING HAD READ! He has preached transparency and change and given us nothing of the like. How the FUCK do you think that this is mildly ok? When a POTUS talks, his words are heard around the world. Other countries base there opinions of us upon his actions and words. I for one do not like the reputation that we are forming in the world community. Shit like "we are out of money" SCREAMS volumes about our country's financial health. How is that about being politically correct? I think that statement was another shot in the mouth to our founding fathers and every American's way of life, not some PC bumble. Get your head on straight jackass.
He hasn't even been in office for a year yet. It's wayyyyy too early to decide whether his policies will work or not.
post #48 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 09:42 AM
Lifer

Quote:
He hasn't even been in office for a year yet. It's wayyyyy too early to decide whether his policies will work or not.
LMAO at you apologists for the Messiah. Bush was held responsible from day 1 for everything that happened by your ilk and when the table is turned you claim he just needs some time. How typically hypocritical of you!

Since he didn't deny the war in Afghanistan, is he responsible for the spike in death thats Yahoo has been reporting or is that Bush's fault also?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #49 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 09:46 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
LMAO at you apologists for the Messiah. Bush was held responsible from day 1 for everything that happened by your ilk and when the table is turned you claim he just needs some time. How typically hypocritical of you!

Since he didn't deny the war in Afghanistan, is he responsible for the spike in death thats Yahoo has been reporting or is that Bush's fault also?
lol @ calling me a hypocrite. I was like 17 or something when Bush was voted in the 2nd time. Assuming makes an ass out of u and me.

So because they grilled Bush from day 1 by liberals that means I am supposed to grill Obama from day 1? No thanks. I don't support him nor would I ever vote for him but I will at least give him time to let his policies take effect and then cast my judgments. You all in here are so close-minded to any blue politician that you do not even give them a chance to do anything before you label them failures. Give me a break.
post #50 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 09:49 AM
Hunt James for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesource View Post
Its up 150 points.....
i guess Wall Street didn't watch the game.

**EDIT** 170 now!

95 Rio Red Cobra#3881
http://obamaclock.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement