How long till we attack Iran? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
Freethinker

How long till we attack Iran?

We have major military bases within striking distance from Iran. The people of Iran are calling for help from America. What do you think the government of Iran is doing right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
....LMAO @.... trying to figure out how to make a Utopian society!
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Variable-speed-Limits
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 07:48 AM
Lifer

the majority of people in Iran hate the US and would not welcome our military no matter how bad they hate Ahmadinejad. The Iraq war so far has cost 2 trillion, money we borrowed from China, a war with Iran will likely cost twice that.

I do not see the US attacking Iran with out a direct threat to US intrests

post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 08:28 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

It won't happen. That threat went away the moment Obama became president.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 08:29 AM
Lifer

Adolph Fidel Obama will do nothing for the people of Iran. Seeing as how he backs the dictatorship of Honduras, he's quite happy with the situation in Iran...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 10:34 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 11:16 AM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
the majority of people in Iran hate the US
I'm not for sure that this is true. It does appear that way when you look at the newsreels and read their press though.

One of my coworkers is originally from iran. We've had some long talks with him about the current status of affairs in iran. Iran has very many ordinary people, and a small but vocal group of people that make up the violent sect. Iran also has a group of youth who are very tired of the old ways and who likes stuff from the west like cell phones and internet. You saw these people demonstrating recently. These youth and the old ruling class (the mullahs) are headed for a conflict at some point.

Many of the iranian people are well educated. The problem is that the mullahs and the ones that tend toward violence are running the country at the moment. I look for some dramatic change in iran in the next 15-20 years.
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Wrong again genius...the majority of people in Iran and the world hate American intervention into parts of the world in which they don't think we belong. You're talking about a part of the world that spent the last 200 or so yrs under the old colonial powers, and now as far as they can tell we're doing the same thing.
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Meeeeooowww

Quote:
the majority of people in Iran hate the US and would not welcome our military no matter how bad they hate Ahmadinejad. The Iraq war so far has cost 2 trillion, money we borrowed from China, a war with Iran will likely cost twice that.

An attack on Iran would come from F-22's and Tomahawks. Not a ground war. Just the nuke installations, airbases, and AA sites. Can't see that cost you are seeing.
We would have air superiority in less than 48 hours.

Don't forget that the Saudis have given the Izzies an ok to use Saudi airspace.

post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
I'm not for sure that this is true. It does appear that way when you look at the newsreels and read their press though.

One of my coworkers is originally from iran. We've had some long talks with him about the current status of affairs in iran. Iran has very many ordinary people, and a small but vocal group of people that make up the violent sect. Iran also has a group of youth who are very tired of the old ways and who likes stuff from the west like cell phones and internet. You saw these people demonstrating recently. These youth and the old ruling class (the mullahs) are headed for a conflict at some point.

Many of the iranian people are well educated. The problem is that the mullahs and the ones that tend toward violence are running the country at the moment. I look for some dramatic change in iran in the next 15-20 years.
the only social group in iran that is sympathetic to the US is the educated youth, young people in college or those who just got out. and while that may be a growing group, it is still to small to make a difference at this time. a few years down the road is a different story.

post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLAN View Post
An attack on Iran would come from F-22's and Tomahawks. Not a ground war. Just the nuke installations, airbases, and AA sites. Can't see that cost you are seeing.

so the Clinton plan? at least thats how he dealt with Iraq. did it work? NO
if you want to do it right, you have to force a regime change, otherwise your just setting yourself up to do it all over again in the near future

post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 04:11 PM
IA2

Quote:
the only social group in iran that is sympathetic to the US is the educated youth, young people in college or those who just got out. and while that may be a growing group, it is still to small to make a difference at this time. a few years down the road is a different story.
Not according to my friend, who was born there, was raised there, and has family there.
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Hunt James for President

Quote:
Not according to my friend, who was born there, was raised there, and has family there.

Mike, don't you know by now that he knows everything about anything?

95 Rio Red Cobra#3881
http://obamaclock.org
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 06:51 PM
Lifer

Not long The Rothchilds want their bank asap.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 07:18 PM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by openroadracer3 View Post
Mike, don't you know by now that he knows everything about anything?
I guess so, and my iranian friend clearly doesn't know shit.
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Lifer

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 02:15 AM Thread Starter
Freethinker

We have to keep putting pressure on them so their own people will put pressure on them. The fact that we have a military stance over them creates even more pressure. Let them know that we admire them standing up to their government but at the same time make sure they know, you are either with us, or against us. They have either option.
What they are doing is not much different than some people are doing here in the USA. Writing STOP OBAMA in huge letters so everyone can read it. The difference is, their votes didn't count.

Quote:
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 07:00 AM
Lifer

Iran has also interjected religion directly into their leadership. Regardless of the popular vote, nothing will really change for the Iranian people as long as a select elite of unelected, bitter old Mullahs actually run the country.

Last edited by Mr Majestyk; 07-13-2009 at 09:59 AM.
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 09:12 AM
Lifer

Quote:
so your friend says they have a shrinking pro western movement? I am just going by what I hear from BBC news, and from what I gather they have a growing social group of educated youths that are pro western. we see them protesting on the news all the time, its obvious that group is growing.

post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 09:25 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
We have major military bases within striking distance from Iran.
Ya, but the close ones are closing.
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 10:08 AM
Time Served

just leave them alone . they screwed themselves long ago with their stupidity letting that moron come back. they are getting what they deserve . let the idiots try and attack Israel and then the problem will be solved without us spending a dime. they will never live in peace with anyone.

" dont mess with the porchdog........ he bites "
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 10:33 AM
IA2

Quote:
so your friend says they have a shrinking pro western movement? I am just going by what I hear from BBC news, and from what I gather they have a growing social group of educated youths that are pro western. we see them protesting on the news all the time, its obvious that group is growing.
No, I was referring to this blanket statement of yours:

Quote:
This is not the case according to my iranian friend.
post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 12:02 PM
PAN

Quote:
No, I was referring to this blanket statement of yours:

This is not the case according to my iranian friend.

If you were to break it down as far as it could possibly go Mike, he would still have difficulty with it, as unless he sees it in the news it simply can't be true...
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Freethinker

By looking at the news, it would seem that the pro western front is growing in Iran. If that is not true and the news is just streaming propaganda, then we are interfering with them for a reason.
I am pretty sure that it is not a lie because their government has been trying to stop them from posting anything on the internet. Seen here.
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/me...ers/index.html

Quote:

post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 07:41 PM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
If you were to break it down as far as it could possibly go Mike, he would still have difficulty with it, as unless he sees it in the news it simply can't be true...
Shit, that was only ONE mayor. Don't get me started on marion barry.
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 09:14 PM
PAN

Quote:
Shit, that was only ONE mayor. Don't get me started on marion barry.
Lol. Can a brutha git a 20 rock?
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 06:34 PM
Time Served

Quote:
We have major military bases within striking distance from Iran. The people of Iran are calling for help from America. What do you think the government of Iran is doing right now?
I don't think it's feasible, Obama won't do anything to help the Iranians because of what has happened in the past. Covert assistance is the best option, without direct interference.

Quote:

Not true, the majority of Iranian people like and admire the US, even with her flaws and seemingly careless interference in world matters. A war with Iran cannot happen, it will most certainly bankrupt the US as Iran is much better equipped than Iraq and has many backers in the middle east.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX View Post
Wrong again genius...the majority of people in Iran and the world hate American intervention into parts of the world in which they don't think we belong. You're talking about a part of the world that spent the last 200 or so yrs under the old colonial powers, and now as far as they can tell we're doing the same thing.
Very well said, this is pretty much dead on the head. The only people Iranians truly hate, are the British......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLAN View Post

Again, it's not that simple and definitely not as simple as you might like to think. American air superiority is a known fact, but these Islamic nutjobs are pretty smart. They are not your run of the mill Arabs. I mean, how often do you hear of an Iranian suicide bomber????? Iran has so much backing in the middle east, much more than we are led to believe here in NA. Attacking Iran would escalate the Muslims vs the West scenario and lead to a catastrophic fallout and bolster support for the Islamic dictatorship.

Quote:
Growing group??!?!? Over 75% of Iran's population is under 32 years old, most of the educated youth are women, and nearly none of them support the current regime. I see a large change in the next 5-10 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk View Post
Iran has also interjected religion directly into their leadership. Regardless of the popular vote, nothing will really change for the Iranian people as long as a select elite of unelected, bitter old Mullahs actually run the country.
Unfortunately, this happened with direct British support. What needs to happen is Khamenei needs to be killed, brutally slaughtered, and preferably televised so the other mullahs will think twice about leading a nation who doesn't want them. The mullas only think of Islamic interests, not of Iranian interests. They are NOT one and the same. Keep in mind that this is a supposedly Muslim nation who still to this day practices many of the Zoroastrian religious festivities. Iran will never be completely muslim, and that leadership needs to be uprooted.

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
-Samuel Johnson
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 06:52 PM
Time Served

The mullahs will get their nuke, and Israel will remove the threat. Possibly ending in their own destruction. The Israelis really don't have a choice at this point, or any time left.....

post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 09:40 PM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang Seller View Post
Unfortunately, this happened with direct British support. What needs to happen is Khamenei needs to be killed, brutally slaughtered, and preferably televised so the other mullahs will think twice about leading a nation who doesn't want them. The mullas only think of Islamic interests, not of Iranian interests. They are NOT one and the same. Keep in mind that this is a supposedly Muslim nation who still to this day practices many of the Zoroastrian religious festivities. Iran will never be completely muslim, and that leadership needs to be uprooted.

I like the hell out of the way you think. Does your dad still have contacts over there? Think there's any way in hell we could get a handful of those guys over here to do a trial run on the messiah? Just to work out any kinks in the plan of attack, of course...

And LOL at the faux conservative cannonball996 getting schooled by those who actually have a clue.
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 08:46 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
I like the hell out of the way you think. Does your dad still have contacts over there? Think there's any way in hell we could get a handful of those guys over here to do a trial run on the messiah? Just to work out any kinks in the plan of attack, of course...

And LOL at the faux conservative cannonball996 getting schooled by those who actually have a clue.
He still has contacts, but I can't see them doing much of anything without an actual *leader*. Every nation has been born, or reborn, with a special type of person leading. Iran has nobody like that yet. I'd like to imagine that if there were a person capable of getting to Khamenei, with enough courage to take him out and enough brains to survive, I think that person could be the one to lead the entire nation in a more acceptable direction. Alas, I am only daydreaming.

I've been saying this for the past five years: We need 5000 militarily trained Iranian youths, who are strong willed and all focused on the same goal, capable of being secretive and very ingenious to slowly filter back into the nation and slowly begin a sudden attack scenario. It would have to begin with the assassination of many religious heads, and then focus on uprooting the military leadership and then ultimately taking control of the capital and bringing the people into the streets in support. I think in today's Iran, that situation would have a very large amount of support as the public would see it as vengeance for the many innocents who were killed during their peaceful attempts at protest.
SS

-Samuel Johnson
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 10:45 AM
Lifer

SS,

Accept my apology for disparaging remarks I have made toward you, and your father, in past political forum threads on this site. You are obviously a man with intelligence, and some of that was no doubt due to your upbringing.
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Time Served

No worries Majestyk. It's very easy to insult and debase when ideology and personal interests/beliefs are contrasting among two people. It is especially so when a minority has a differing opinion from the vocal majority. I hope in the future, when again you see that we're polar opposites on some subjects, that instead of any of us resorting to insults or dismissal, that we may be able to just accept the others belief and realize that we live in a part of the world where we CAN have differing opinions with only distaste rather than prosecution. This is the future I, and many Iranians, seek. And I personally am seeking 5000 willing young Iranians with lots of guns and ammo lol.
SS

-Samuel Johnson
post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 11:44 AM
Out

Quote:
No worries Majestyk. It's very easy to insult and debase when ideology and personal interests/beliefs are contrasting among two people. It is especially so when a minority has a differing opinion from the vocal majority. I hope in the future, when again you see that we're polar opposites on some subjects, that instead of any of us resorting to insults or dismissal, that we may be able to just accept the others belief and realize that we live in a part of the world where we CAN have differing opinions with only distaste rather than prosecution. This is the future I, and many Iranians, seek. And I personally am seeking 5000 willing young Iranians with lots of guns and ammo lol.
SS
We really can't talk shit anyway. Most of the people on here bitch about our government and the way our country is headed, yet do nothing but post up on an internet message board. Polar opposites? Not as much as you think.
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 10:07 PM
Out

What's this? The faint sound of cracking?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090725/..._iran_politics
post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 02:05 AM Thread Starter
Freethinker

Sounds like their government is getting shaken up.

Quote:

post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Freethinker

So Obama has said that he doesn't want to interfere with other governments affairs anymore? I guess the majority of the rest of the world is tired of the USA getting involved in shit that doesn't pertain to us.
I say if they want to fight then let them. If you want to live in a better place, then come to America. Especially all their scientists and anyone with any break through technology. That will help our economy. We need another Henry Ford but with Electric cars.

Quote:

post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Freethinker

Quote:
SS
I personally don't start talking trash to anyone till they disrespect me. I believe everyone has the right to their own beliefs and as long as you are not hurting anyone or taking away anyone else's rights to do or believe what they want to, then you are ok.
By coming on a public forum with your opinions you are opening yourself up for debate. If you cant discuss it without attacking someone else on a personal level, then you need to keep your mouth shut. If I am your friend, thats another story. And if I am correct, I have very few friends on this forum. lol

Quote:

post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 05:02 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
Exactly right.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Freethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Exactly right.
Is that why you don't like Obama? Because he is trying a different approach other than having the rest of the world hate us because we are a bunch of war mongers?

Quote:

post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 07:13 PM
Bullet Sponge

No, I don't like Obama because he's weakened our country by outrageous spending, appologetic tours and taking out missile shield offline
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 07:24 AM
Out

Quote:
Is that why you don't like Obama? Because he is trying a different approach other than having the rest of the world hate us because we are a bunch of war mongers?
If you've ever payed attention to the news within the last 30 years, you'll know that diplomacy is a failed effort with these fucks. The only thing that can save them is what they're trying to do right now.
post #41 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Freethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
No, I don't like Obama because he's weakened our country by outrageous spending, appologetic tours and taking out missile shield offline
"President Obama offered to consider scrapping plans for a missile defense shield in Europe if Russia helps rein in Iran's nuclear program, the Russian newspaper Kommersant reported.
The article said Obama wrote to Russian President Dmitry Medvedev to tell him Russia's aid in resolving the threat from Iran would make the missile shield plans unnecessary, according to an account from Russian news agency RIA Novosti. "

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f54/ba...l-iran-933821/

Quote:

post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 12:42 AM
Out

Quote:
"President Obama offered to consider scrapping plans for a missile defense shield in Europe if Russia helps rein in Iran's nuclear program, the Russian newspaper Kommersant reported.
The article said Obama wrote to Russian President Dmitry Medvedev to tell him Russia's aid in resolving the threat from Iran would make the missile shield plans unnecessary, according to an account from Russian news agency RIA Novosti. "

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f54/ba...l-iran-933821/
He's compromising with some potentially life-threatening issues. Granted, Bush's main purpose for the Eastern European Missle Defense Shield was stated that it was for the protection against a potential nuclear threat, but we all know the Russian threat was to be addressed as well. Why do you think Russia threw a fit when it was originally proposed? Russia wants to keep the fear instilled into their neighboring countries.

I think Obama is right in thinking about alternatives like this, but he's barking up the wrong tree (unless there are other ways the US will be assisting in the Eurpoean countries to get their defense systems).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement