Democratic pork, round #2 - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
Democratic pork, round #2

Looks like the health bill is getting loaded up with pork now

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/wa...r_parks_paths/

The dems are apparently incapable of not passing pork laden legislation even in the face of a crippling recession and record deficit spending. Tax and spend, tax and spend. The same old deal.

I predict that obamas popularity will continue to slide as these bills get passed
mikeb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 61
I like how Kennedy is defending it, by saying it will help promote healthier lives. Like that guy knows what leading a healthy life is like.
Filament4650 is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filament4650 View Post
I like how Kennedy is defending it, by saying it will help promote healthier lives. Like that guy knows what leading a healthy life is like.
Mary Jo Kopechne is just waiting for his ass...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Isn't this the bill that was voted on before it was even finalized on paper? The one they basically voted for what was said was going to be done instead of having it fully on paper first?
Hass is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 07:14 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass View Post
Isn't this the bill that was voted on before it was even finalized on paper? The one they basically voted for what was said was going to be done instead of having it fully on paper first?
Yup, same one
sc281_99-0135 is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 10:31 PM
PAN
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 20,154
How many ropes and trees do we need to get this shit taken care of?
Fox466 is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Lifer
 
Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: DFW
Posts: 13,083
Channnnge!

98 Brokra
Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~ is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 07:19 AM
Lifer
 
67camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nevada,Texas Custom Tranny Builder
Posts: 1,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
How many ropes and trees do we need to get this shit taken care of?
I have plenty just north of the old Red River.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
67camino is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 07:32 AM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
How many ropes and trees do we need to get this shit taken care of?
535 in congress plus 2 for biden and Obama.

So 537 seems like a decent # for now.
Nate is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 07:36 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: At the Dexter Lake Club
Posts: 12,422
This is crap. If the city wants to light up their parks at night they need to pay for it, not me. Most cities have a deal with their local power delivery company for street lights anyways, extend that deal to cover the parks. Congress has no business spending my money to pay for something that should be handled at the city level.

Toll roads, taxes on gas, taxes on vehicle registration, taxes on vehicle inspection, taxes when you buy groceries, taxes when you pay the satellite bill, taxes on your water bill, taxes on the gas bill, taxes on the electric bill, property taxes, personal property taxes, taxes on Rangers tickets, taxes on the phone bill, taxes on the cell phone bill. Then you throw on income tax, social securty and medicare taxes. How can Americans afford to even buy a loaf of bread anymore? Somehow that's not taxed at least!

I bet if the average American added up all the taxes they pay it'd be over 50% of their discretionary income (assuming they have any).

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
BP is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 08:48 AM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
This is crap. If the city wants to light up their parks at night they need to pay for it, not me. Most cities have a deal with their local power delivery company for street lights anyways, extend that deal to cover the parks. Congress has no business spending my money to pay for something that should be handled at the city level.

Toll roads, taxes on gas, taxes on vehicle registration, taxes on vehicle inspection, taxes when you buy groceries, taxes when you pay the satellite bill, taxes on your water bill, taxes on the gas bill, taxes on the electric bill, property taxes, personal property taxes, taxes on Rangers tickets, taxes on the phone bill, taxes on the cell phone bill. Then you throw on income tax, social securty and medicare taxes. How can Americans afford to even buy a loaf of bread anymore? Somehow that's not taxed at least!

I bet if the average American added up all the taxes they pay it'd be over 50% of their discretionary income (assuming they have any).
It is a solid 20 to 25% of gross for anyone with any significant amount of income.
AL P is offline  
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 05:25 PM
Bullet Sponge
 
forever_frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cooper, Tx
Posts: 3,142
Right now, however there is a bill working it's way through to remove the taxes on phones which should be good for a couple bucks.
forever_frost is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome