Gov Sanford... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Gov Sanford...

lied to his wife, cheated on her, and nothing much else. The Atty General for his state has now come out and said the Gov did not use taxpayer monye in any of this, so basically he lied to his wife and cheated.

My question is this, why should he step down if Clinton could lie to his wife, cheat on his wife, have sex with a subordiante, commit perjury, and also lie to the American people and nothing happened to him of any real consequence?

I wonder how many of the Dems that defended Clinton are now calling for the Gov to step down for having done alot less than Clinton did.

Why is it that several Republicans are calling for the Gov to stpe down but no one from the Dems called for Clinton to step down and most defended him vehemently?

These are some of the reasons why I vote for mostly Republicans since the most conservative candidates are Republicans and I se so much more hypocrisy from the Dems.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Lifer

We Republicans are held to a higher standard, brother.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 08:56 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
We Republicans are held to a higher standard, brother.
Amen.

We are the party that preaches to do what is right and moral. It seems only right that we walk the path we say we do.

The liberals can do whatever they want. They have already proven the flexibilty of their morals, values, beliefs.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Lifer

I thought he already paid back the money because he confirmed that he used the money. Also, I think the Republicans have asked him to step down because it's the party that tries to represent family values.

Working on my project Stang
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 09:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post
Amen.

We are the party that preaches to do what is right and moral. It seems only right that we walk the path we say we do.

The liberals can do whatever they want. They have already proven the flexibilty of their morals, values, beliefs.
Saying you try to do the right thing doesn't mean be perfect or don't run, does it? It's not as if Republican congressman/senators are without sin. Does having an affair make him less able to be a Governor?

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Lifer

You are correct about Clinton, but, did he use our tax money? NO!! Also, this is not the first republican to lie, purge, and commit adultery. Just a word of thought.

New ride 03 RC 51-Stock with a custom body kit and paint job.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 09:10 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5point0pony View Post
Saying you try to do the right thing doesn't mean be perfect or don't run, does it? It's not as if Republican congressman/senators are without sin. Does having an affair make him less able to be a Governor?
If he was a libertarian, then it wouldnt make a damn bit if difference; but since his image was crafted on his morality and integrity then it casts a shadow over him entirely.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Lifer

Quote:
If he was a libertarian, then it wouldnt make a damn bit if difference; but since his image was crafted on his morality and integrity then it casts a shadow over him entirely.
I agree, I was just wondering what everyone else thinks.

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Lifer

they all cry like little bitches when busted.they are nothing more than roll players.playing the part.

RON PAUL '08
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Num say'n? (tm)

Clinton was as crooked as a dog's hind leg. Clinton's supporters also tend to be crooked in their blind support of a man who committed a felony (perjury) in office. These facts are self-evident and not worthy of comparison.

Sanford is first a hypocrite; he campaigned on a platform of transparency and righteousness. Sanford called for Clinton to step down and was a supporter of Clinton's impeachment over the Lewinsky/perjury incident(s) .

Sanford betrayed the citizen's trust and violated his state's constitution by leaving his post (as well as the continental United States) without notifying anyone and without leaving the Lieutenant Governor in charge of the state government in his absense.

Saying Sanford the Republican doesn't need to be punished because Clinton the Democrat wasn't punished is barking up the wrong tree. Clinton is over and done. Political parties and affiliations thereto are moot points. Sanford needs to pay a high price and should be impeached.

DFWMustangs.net
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 10:54 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksilver02 View Post
You are correct about Clinton, but, did he use our tax money? NO!! Also, this is not the first republican to lie, purge, and commit adultery. Just a word of thought.

No but he did steal your Social security. He put it in the general budget. And you see where that is now don't you.

How do you think he reduced the deficit? Because he damn sure did not reduce spending.

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-03-2009, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5point0pony View Post
I thought he already paid back the money because he confirmed that he used the money. Also, I think the Republicans have asked him to step down because it's the party that tries to represent family values.
You hit the nail on the head. Why didn't any Democrats ask for Clinton to step down, are they the party of no morals, ethics, integrity, honor, class, decency...........or anything like that?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-03-2009, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
I guess you missed my point entirely.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-03-2009, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
I think this thought process is entirely wrong. Shouldn't there be a level of decency no matter the party? Shouldn't someone who represents the people that elected him have somce honor, decency, ethics, morals, values and standards of common decency regardless of party? I mean really, do libertarians or Dems get a free pass on everything just because they are for gay marriage, abortion, and have "loose" morals?

I am not meaning to attack you and maybe I am wrong in my interpretation of what you mean, but if I am right, it makes me sick that some may feel that way.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-03-2009, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Come on dude, did you really miss the point that badly? Does it boil down to use of taxpayer money for you? The state comptroller/AG came out and said Sanford didn't use taxpayer money either. Please re-read the post and try and get my point about the hypocrisy and double standard going on between the cases. Clinton committed perjury, had sex with a subordinate and did everyhting Sanford did, and he was the POTUS!

There were people claiming Clinton should not be impeached who are now claiming the Gov should step down. Really?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Lifer

Both should have been fired and reprimanded appropriately, Especially Clinton for wanting us to buy his lie.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-03-2009, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop Top 04 Snake View Post
Both should have been fired and reprimanded appropriately, Especially Clinton for wanting us to buy his lie.
This is the consistent and conservative viewpoint I share with you. I have a problem with anyone defending Clinton and criticizing Sanford, because it has everything to do with partisan politics.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-03-2009, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP135 View Post
Clinton was as crooked as a dog's hind leg. Clinton's supporters also tend to be crooked in their blind support of a man who committed a felony (perjury) in office. These facts are self-evident and not worthy of comparison.

Sanford is first a hypocrite; he campaigned on a platform of transparency and righteousness. Sanford called for Clinton to step down and was a supporter of Clinton's impeachment over the Lewinsky/perjury incident(s) .

Sanford betrayed the citizen's trust and violated his state's constitution by leaving his post (as well as the continental United States) without notifying anyone and without leaving the Lieutenant Governor in charge of the state government in his absense.

Saying Sanford the Republican doesn't need to be punished because Clinton the Democrat wasn't punished is barking up the wrong tree. Clinton is over and done. Political parties and affiliations thereto are moot points. Sanford needs to pay a high price and should be impeached.
Fair enough. I just don't want to hear it from the hypocrites who defended Clinton.

I agree Sanford is a hypocrite.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-03-2009, 02:50 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffrazr View Post
Liberal left not libertarian. There is a difference.
I was speaking more towards his image. If he was libertarian, his personal preferences and his political duties to follow the constitution would be entirely separate, so neither would affect the other.

But yea, I get where you are coming from on the liberal thing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement