Whats going to happen to my dear country? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Whats going to happen to my dear country?

I truly feel right now, that there is no hope for this country. I feel that we are going to end up with a 60% tax, not be able to afford the every day essentials, have an unproductive economy economy, not being able to freely run a small business, and most importantly not being able to live the "American Dream". I believe that none of the Democratic congress, senate, and not many of the Republicans, care or approve of the Constitution, which in my opinion is the greatest document ever written. I believe that President Obama despises this country and all that it stands for. He hates the constitution, he has no heart for the hard working, blue collar people who keep this country working. He wants everyone to do as he says, and follow him. Who in their right mind appoints a Supreme Court judge because she has "life experiences"? To be in that position, aren't you supposed to stand for what the constitution says, and forget about everything else? I believe that the Supreme Court is becoming inefficient. How could the majority of this country be so blind as to what lies were told? Does anyone who voted for Barack Obama understand that his vows he made to the people during the campaign were blatant lies?

Is anyone else with me? I am fed up with this shit, because that is exactly what it is.

I love this country as much as the next guy, but I have to say, I am ashamed of what is happening. I moved to this country from ultra-liberal Canada, and I never thought the USA would end up in this situation.

Signed,
One of the few American Teenagers who is gravely concerned about the well-being of this country.

NO NO NO, it should be DFWLS1's, CUMMINS, C6 VETTES.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 07:23 PM
Time Served

I agree. Its not past the point of no return, but they're trying.

its still "we the people"right?

"So this is how democracy dies, with thunderous applause"

"a lesson lived is a lesson learned, everyday is a lesson."

obama is a man made disaster
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 07:30 PM
Time Served

I guess we will get to see if the american people are still what history has shown them to be. I only hope that when it comes time to remove our government that we can get the strength to do what needs to be done. I have always felt that a guy that busts his ass is worth is more than any person that sits behind a fucking desk and creates wealth out of thin air. All of these BS polices are more attempts for these types of people to get richer without actually doing anything. Its a house of cards and i pray that it does get bad and the people revolt. That would be the first war this country has been in since WW2 that i can believe in.

Then i want to see america stand up for itself

1. Fine the shit out of businesses that hire illegals. We are tired of american wages being undercut and then we pay for their medical care. That is for american CITIZENS! Fences and other stupid shit dont work, get rid of the jobs for them and they will stop coming.

2. Make it illegal for american businesses to outsource more more than 10% of their workforce. When a company is american in name only they dont get the benefits of being an american company. We need jobs for americans, it worked here for decades. A company wants to expand? Fine go build a plant in their country and employ their people.

3 Get rid of welfare. Either you can work or you cant. If you cant work, your ass gets on disablity. Unemployment benefits end after a year and then you are on your own. With the jobs back in this country i dont doubt that people will be able to find work doing something.

4 Government stops spending more than it takes in and works toward paying china back. NUMBER 1 issue for america right here. America will not be any other countries bitch.

5 Sale of any land or historic landmarks to a foreign country are illegal. America is not for sale!

6 Get rid of needless federal agencies and put states back in control of their own people. Good example is Dept of education. This is a state issue and not a federal one, all it has resulted in is states focusing on passing test to get federal aid money.

Thats all i can think of right now but i know theres more.

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.

Last edited by Slammy; 06-30-2009 at 07:43 PM.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 10:25 PM
IA2

The people that have been voted into office have no appreciation for historical precedent, and no respect for the US constitution. They are for the most part wet behind the ears college boys that somehow lied their way into office, and they are full of theory and what their liberal professors and leftist textbooks taught them. They are drunk and arrogant with power, as youth will tend to be. And the people that voted them in are for the most part young and idealistic, and have yet to own a business or rise to the position of having to manage others, or have to pay much in the way of taxes.

These people are also under the belief that america voted them in to effect change. However, not all change is good.

I look for them to overplay their hand and effect some awful legislation (obamas cap and trade bill comes to mind). I look (and hope!) for a lot of them to be swept out of office in 2010, and that america learns a lesson about electing youth into positions of power.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 10:32 PM
PAN

And MikeyB once again lays it down.

Well said sir!
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 10:41 PM
Lifer

Be damn glad you wern't around in 1975 / 76. Oil Embargo, record inflation , 'Nam going under. Jimmy Carter.. It will be all right, continue the good fight, don't give up, and be proud to be an American. I just got out of High School and I swore the world was going to Hell in a Handbasket. It's the cycle of life, just hang on and things will work out.

1/2 mile 9 turns 41.3 sec

Last edited by Kart21; 06-30-2009 at 11:16 PM.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 10:52 PM
Lifer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart21 View Post
Be damn glad you wern't around in 1975 / 76. Oil Embargo, record inflation , 'Nam going under. It will be all right, continue the good fight, don't give up, and be proud to be an American. I just got out of High School and I swore the world was going to Hell in a Handbasket. It's the cycle of life, just hang on and things will work out.
I hope you are right. But I see what you are saying. Theres been waves in the past. Hopefully History will repeat itself and we will dig ourselves out of this shit storm.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 10:56 PM
Bullet Sponge

I'm hitting a Tea Party in Sulphur Springs on the 3rd. The governor is going to be there to give a speech. We need to keep working on letting the politicians know we are fed up.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 11:16 PM
T-MINUS

They will get people to a point where they are really pissed off, we haven't hit it yet.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 11:50 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
They will get people to a point where they are really pissed off, we haven't hit it yet.
That will be a day no doubt.

08 HHr SS
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-01-2009, 12:24 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
this day WILL happen.i gurantee you.

RON PAUL '08
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-01-2009, 10:01 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammy View Post
I guess we will get to see if the american people are still what history has shown them to be. I only hope that when it comes time to remove our government that we can get the strength to do what needs to be done. I have always felt that a guy that busts his ass is worth is more than any person that sits behind a fucking desk and creates wealth out of thin air. All of these BS polices are more attempts for these types of people to get richer without actually doing anything. Its a house of cards and i pray that it does get bad and the people revolt. That would be the first war this country has been in since WW2 that i can believe in.

Then i want to see america stand up for itself

1. Fine the shit out of businesses that hire illegals. We are tired of american wages being undercut and then we pay for their medical care. That is for american CITIZENS! Fences and other stupid shit dont work, get rid of the jobs for them and they will stop coming.

2. Make it illegal for american businesses to outsource more more than 10% of their workforce. When a company is american in name only they dont get the benefits of being an american company. We need jobs for americans, it worked here for decades. A company wants to expand? Fine go build a plant in their country and employ their people.

3 Get rid of welfare. Either you can work or you cant. If you cant work, your ass gets on disablity. Unemployment benefits end after a year and then you are on your own. With the jobs back in this country i dont doubt that people will be able to find work doing something.

4 Government stops spending more than it takes in and works toward paying china back. NUMBER 1 issue for america right here. America will not be any other countries bitch.

5 Sale of any land or historic landmarks to a foreign country are illegal. America is not for sale!

6 Get rid of needless federal agencies and put states back in control of their own people. Good example is Dept of education. This is a state issue and not a federal one, all it has resulted in is states focusing on passing test to get federal aid money.

Thats all i can think of right now but i know theres more.

Whoah!!! SLOW DOWN....You're trying to introduce commen sense here.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-01-2009, 10:56 AM
BANNED

60% tax won't mean shit when nobody has jobs or money to buy things that are taxed.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Num say'n? (tm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
I truly feel right now...

Signed,
One of the few American Teenagers who is gravely concerned about the well-being of this country.
Sir, if you wrote this, you are wise beyond your years. Damned good work!

Quote:
Be damn glad you wern't around in 1975 / 76. Oil Embargo, record inflation , 'Nam going under. Jimmy Carter.. It will be all right, continue the good fight, don't give up, and be proud to be an American. I just got out of High School and I swore the world was going to Hell in a Handbasket. It's the cycle of life, just hang on and things will work out.
I don't think it will. Obama and his wrecking crew have done more to destroy this nation than Carter has done in his entire life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
I'm hitting a Tea Party in Sulphur Springs on the 3rd.
Where in SS?

edit: Tea Party info:
http://www.ksstradio.com/index.php?o...ews&Itemid=114

DFWMustangs.net

Last edited by JP135; 07-01-2009 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Found info on the Tea Party
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-01-2009, 12:21 PM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangguy289 View Post
60% tax won't mean shit when nobody has jobs or money to buy things that are taxed.
When tax revenue drops off they'll just raise taxes some more to cover the shortfall. After all, everyone in washington knows that there is a linear relationship between raising taxes and tax revenue, right? I mean, raising taxes always produces more money for washington and does not hurt the economy or the taxpayers, or in any way affect how they spend money, or where they live, or how they invest LOL.........

Idiots.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-01-2009, 12:42 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
When tax revenue drops off they'll just raise taxes some more to cover the shortfall. After all, everyone in washington knows that there is a linear relationship between raising taxes and tax revenue, right? I mean, raising taxes always produces more money for washington and does not hurt the economy or the taxpayers, or in any way affect how they spend money, or where they live, or how they invest LOL.........

Idiots.
But hey, atleast american businesses can continue to post big profits! Course their money is being made outside of the US, so piss on the american people! We have the IMAGE of being successful!

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-01-2009, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP135 View Post
Sir, if you wrote this, you are wise beyond your years. Damned good work!

I absolutely did. Thank you.

NO NO NO, it should be DFWLS1's, CUMMINS, C6 VETTES.net
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Lifer

Our Country is in deep, deep shit. If action is not taken soon, it will be too late. I would be embarrassed to look into the face of the men and women who laid down their lives in past wars in defense of this once great Nation.

Where do we begin to explain it's demise?
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 06:27 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I was around. My parents would send me to sit in the gas lines to fill up the truck.
Yeah Carter was a Commie too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangguy289 View Post
No amount of tax will work when the Government is spending more than our nations G.N.P.

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 06:37 AM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery'sDad View Post
Whoah!!! SLOW DOWN....You're trying to introduce commen sense here.
That's the sad part, most of these problems are common sense things that HS grads can understand.

In general, a lot of are problem is letting the tail wag the dog. Meaning, letting the minority speak for the majority OR the politicians simply ignoring the majority for some reason.

To me this illegal immigration thing should be so easy.

Welfare should be easy to contain/control

Budget - c'mon, every household does it. The government(s) have highly qualified people to make this happen. - Easy.

etc...etc...shit ain't hard. We're dealing with common problems, nothing extraordinary here.

My '03 Sold.
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 06:39 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfan View Post
Our Country is in deep, deep shit. If action is not taken soon, it will be too late. I would be embarrassed to look into the face of the men and women who laid down their lives in past wars in defense of this once great Nation.

Where do we begin to explain it's demise?
You would have to start in 1913. (look up Woodrow Wilson's apology to the nation)
Then you would have to point out the little things like all the executive orders our puppet, shit for brains presidents have signed since 1913.
Then there is the hole Liberal adoption of communist philosophy after McCarthy booted out the Communists in politics back in the 50's. And then groups like Acorn infiltrating Collages and spreading there poisonous communist philosophy's around.

Then you can top it off with our lack of vigilance, when it comes to keeping an eye on the politicians, and not punishing them when they violate the constitution. <------- Hanging your head low when explaining this part.

I think that about covers it.

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement