Dems trying to pass another tax increase - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
IA2

Dems trying to pass another tax increase

in the form of an energy bill.

Quote:
The CBO's analysis looks solely at the year 2020, before most of the tough restrictions kick in. As the cap is tightened and companies are stripped of initial opportunities to "offset" their emissions, the price of permits will skyrocket beyond the CBO estimate of $28 per ton of carbon. The corporate costs of buying these expensive permits will be passed to consumers.
Quote:
The whole point of cap and trade is to hike the price of electricity and gas so that Americans will use less. These higher prices will show up not just in electricity bills or at the gas station but in every manufactured good, from food to cars. Consumers will cut back on spending, which in turn will cut back on production, which results in fewer jobs created or higher unemployment. Some companies will instead move their operations overseas, with the same result.

When the Heritage Foundation did its analysis of Waxman-Markey, it broadly compared the economy with and without the carbon tax. Under this more comprehensive scenario, it found Waxman-Markey would cost the economy $161 billion in 2020, which is $1,870 for a family of four. As the bill's restrictions kick in, that number rises to $6,800 for a family of four by 2035.
Quote:
Even as Democrats have promised that this cap-and-trade legislation won't pinch wallets, behind the scenes they've acknowledged the energy price tsunami that is coming. During the brief few days in which the bill was debated in the House Energy Committee, Republicans offered three amendments: one to suspend the program if gas hit $5 a gallon; one to suspend the program if electricity prices rose 10% over 2009; and one to suspend the program if unemployment rates hit 15%. Democrats defeated all of them.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124588837560750781.html

So the dems want to pass a huge ass energy bill that raises energy prices, creates an artificial shortage of products thus raising prices across the board for all products, fosters unemployment, and makes companies leave the US in droves taking jobs and taxes with them - at the time of one of the worst recessions in US history, for the sake of an agenda. Brilliant.

We need to toss out all of these guys on the next election.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 10:40 AM
T-MINUS

The biggest mistake on 9/11 was not letting Flight 93 reach it's intended location.

Waxman will be dead and gone before the shitstorm hits this country that he brewed up. He has no accountability.

We need a sustained period of nothing but rollbacks on all of the bullshit they are force feeding us

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
The biggest mistake on 9/11 was not letting Flight 93 reach it's intended location.

Waxman will be dead and gone before the shitstorm hits this country that he brewed up. He has no accountability.

We need a sustained period of nothing but rollbacks on all of the bullshit they are force feeding us
If this shit passes and the country begins to suffer the consequences of this legislation I foresee an angry backlash against the voters that voted for obama by the people that are now unemployed/foreclosed upon/paying high taxes. I expect that a lot of obama/biden stickers will be quickly peeled off of cars by their owners, and I predict you won't be able to find anyone that will claim that they voted for obama. Those that do may find themselves subject to a really bad experience.

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 11:00 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:

So you're saying that Flight 93 should have killed off the Republican dominated congress?

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 11:04 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

For those who are older than me and remember politics from the 90s, was government even close to this big when Clinton was in office?

post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 11:07 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
So you're saying that Flight 93 should have killed off the Republican dominated congress?
I just said they should have let it go.

And both parties are filled with career assholes that have forgotten the reason they are up there. A huge handle needs to be placed on D.C. so we can flush the entire program.

And FWIW, the democrats that were in the minority are now in control. That is a sacrifice the country would have been willing to make.

Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 11:08 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
For those who are older than me and remember politics from the 90s, was government even close to this big when Clinton was in office?
Nope, Clinton and the House Republicans were actually able to REDUCE the size of Government. Clinton actually said, "The era of big government is over."

Too bad George Bush reversed course. Now the Republican party is all about big government. I'm still trying to figure out how GWB should be considered a conservative when it came to his domestic agenda.

post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 11:13 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Nope, Clinton and the House Republicans were actually able to REDUCE the size of Government. Clinton actually said, "The era of big government is over."

Too bad George Bush reversed course. Now the Republican party is all about big government. I'm still trying to figure out how GWB should be considered a conservative when it came to his domestic agenda.
Which is why moving to the 'center' is a big giant case of failure.

The reason it shrunk under Clinton is because the Republicans stone walled him. He wanted it bigger but realized that in a conservative country the way to reelection and success was for him to move further to the right.

I'll grant you that the Republicans fucked a lot of shit up but it is due in very large part to appealing to the center, losing their core values and beliefs and focusing on why people were voting for Democrats instead of speaking a plain and simple message of smaller government, Constitution, lower taxes, etc etc.

post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 11:16 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Nope, Clinton and the House Republicans were actually able to REDUCE the size of Government. Clinton actually said, "The time of big government is over."

It seems as if people in the Republican party only come out as conservative when the people start bitching, meanwhile, their actions over the past several years have proved otherwise.

Who are the good guys in the party, who are truly fiscally and socially conservative? Is it time for another party since it seems as if the GOP has abandoned it's long-standing conservative policies? If so, which party?

post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 11:21 AM
T-MINUS

How about the "Quit fucking our country in the ass, Party"?

Does anyone have a list of reps that are on board with this? There are some conservatives that are crossing the aisle as well. FUCK!!!!!!!!

I need to go off the grid, make my own fuel and give them a big, giant "Fuck you!"

post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
IA2

Quote:
instead of speaking a plain and simple message of smaller government, Constitution, lower taxes, etc etc.
This message may begin to resonate with people that got fucked by the democrat's new agenda on the next election.
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Censored

Anyone else get an email asking to donate $15 so they can pay for advertising against this crap?

Doors Done Rite
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 03:50 PM
Lifer

I thought Obama promised that 95% of us would get tax reduction if he was elected?

How many lies will have to happen before people realize we are in deep trouble right now? When will a truly decent, honorable, and conservative person be available to vote for?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 04:44 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Obama is a big lier, you will only get the shaft from him:
http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...state&Sort=ASC This is a list to all Congress Phone # & e-mail address
IMPORTANT ALERT!!!!!! TO DEMOCRATS , CONSERVATIVES and INDEPENDENTS: The ultra-liberals are trying to sneak Cap & Trade/Climate Change/Energy Bill through on Friday June 26, 2009 while they have most people distracted with health care. It is IMPERATIVE for the health of our economy, that you immediately go to the above link to get the telephone numbers for your Senators and Congress Representative and tell them to VOTE NO on the Energy Bill on Friday!!!!!! ---- Get on the phone & Spread the word!!!!! This bill is over 1100 pages long. Don't you wonder what is hidden in that bill to take so many pages? I think we are all dead.

post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 06:41 PM
Bullet Sponge

I have my calls in.
post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 08:19 AM
PAN

Anyone else call? That vote is evidently today...
post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 08:29 AM
Lifer

It's pretty obvious that the Dems are running hard with a radical agenda, and not paying a bit of attention to what their constituents want. 80% of American voter's didn't want the "stimulus package", but Congress feels like they know what's best for us...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 08:54 AM
T-MINUS

I wonder if Exxon will be hiring when they move to Switzerland?

post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 08:56 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I wonder if Exxon will be hiring when they move to Switzerland?
I don't know, but you could make a decent living working at a full-service gas station...when gas hits $11 a gallon.

post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 08:58 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
I don't know, but you could make a decent living working at a full-service gas station...when gas hits $11 a gallon.
I wonder when the reports of 11% employment will be issued?

post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 09:17 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
Anyone else call? That vote is evidently today...
Yes just now with Rep. Kenny Marchant, but I had to leave a message on an answering machine.
post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 09:26 AM
Time Served

the country voted for him. they'll get what they deserve and the rest will just have to suffer through it. i for one wont forget who voted for him. stop worrying about who's president and vote out congress if you want change. the president is just a figure head anyway.

" dont mess with the porchdog........ he bites "
post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbaearl View Post
the country voted for him. they'll get what they deserve and the rest will just have to suffer through it. i for one wont forget who voted for him. stop worrying about who's president and vote out congress if you want change. the president is just a figure head anyway.
Of course, you're right. Clinton was held in check his last 6 years by a Republican Congress. But this bastard can do a shit-load of damage with the congress he has, and he knows it.

post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Time Served

It's not looking good for the tax payers...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090626/...usa_congress_7

'04 Beige on Black 40th Anniversary GT, O/R-H, LTs, MagnaFlow Catback, JLT RAI, Xcal II, 75mm TB/upper, Comp Cam EE Stage 3s, 3.73s, CHE LCA/UCAs, & MGW Shorty. 298hp/304tq
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 11:35 AM
Token Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikbluewagon View Post
It's not looking good for the tax payers...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090626/...usa_congress_7
217-205 vote.... FICK!!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...est=latestnews

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Bullet Sponge

Motherless son of a bitch
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 12:31 PM
T-MINUS

That was to bring it up for vote. Were there any republicans that supported this?

post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 01:37 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
That was to bring it up for vote. Were there any republicans that supported this?
Cao
Cole
Ehlers
Heller
Kirk
Lance
LaTourette
LoBiondo
McHugh
Miller
Murphy
Reichert
Ros-Lehtinen
Smith
Turner
Walden
Young

Edit: Nevermind. I was looking at the wrong bill. No Republicans voted on this.

post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Gunga galunga

This bill pisses me off so bad, and they are 8 votes away from getting it through... Al Gore, Pelosi, etc are all invested in companies that stand to get rich off this legislation, while the American People front the bill. Even the EPA says that this bill will do little to nothing to help the enviroment...

Why can't the mid-term's get here quicker

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 06:08 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Its a done deal and off to the Senate:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0609/24232.html

BTW, Texas Democratic Rep. Lloyd Doggett voted for it.

And just like every other major fucking piece of legislation, nobody in Congress has actually fucking read it.

post #31 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 06:10 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Its a done deal and off to the Senate:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0609/24232.html

BTW, Texas Democratic Rep. Lloyd Doggett voted for it.

And just like every other major fucking piece of legislation, nobody in Congress has actually fucking read it.

The vote was extremely close – 219-212, with eight Republicans voting yes and 44 Democrats voting no. And the debate leading up to it was intense.

I WANNA KNOW WHO THESE 8 REPUBLICANS ARE! FUCKING BULLSHIT!
post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 06:15 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post

You act as if you are surprised.

post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 06:22 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

http://www.rules.house.gov/111/Speci...hr2998_111.pdf

The 300 page amendment added to the bill at the last minute by democrats.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #34 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 06:24 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
You act as if you are surprised.
Sadly, no, not surprised. I am fucking livid!
post #35 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 06:42 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281_99-0135 View Post
The vote was extremely close – 219-212, with eight Republicans voting yes and 44 Democrats voting no. And the debate leading up to it was intense.

Do you have a list yet? Those fuckers should swing from a rope
:fuckedover:

post #36 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 06:42 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
http://www.rules.house.gov/111/Speci...hr2998_111.pdf

The 300 page amendment added to the bill at the last minute by democrats.
Did they post up the actual bill? The amendment is just line insertions, deletions, and modifications. Of course it all reads like fuckin' greek.

How about a law saying that you have to have two versions of a law. One in legalese and one in fuckin' English!

post #37 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 06:48 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Do you have a list yet? Those fuckers should swing from a rope
:fuckedover:
been on google, cant fucking find it....
post #38 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 06:51 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Found the fuckers!

http://www.bucksright.com/house-pass...rade-bill-3513
Mary Bono-Mack (CA)
Mike Castle (DE)
Mark Steven Kirk (IL)
Leonard Lance (NJ)
Frank LoBiondo (NJ)
John M. McHugh (NY)
Dave Reichert (WA)
Chris Smith (NJ)
post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 07:34 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

6/8 on that list also voted on the bill I was referencing to.

I find it hard that there are any Republicans in Illinois, New Jersey, New York and Washington.

post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 09:33 PM
Token Troll

I've emailed my Senators....for what it's worth.

'05 Redfire Mustang

post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 12:10 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX View Post
I've emailed my Senators....for what it's worth.
You need not worry about our Senators. From what I've heard from political analysts/commentators, this will not pass the Senate. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 07:05 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
6/8 on that list also voted on the bill I was referencing to.

I find it hard that there are any Republicans in Illinois, New Jersey, New York and Washington.
That one Illinois congressman actually claims to have read the bill..

But it shows him on page 500 on the day of the actual vote.

I thought his district would be in South Illinois (which is actually pretty conservative) but he is actually just north of Chicago, from Glenview on up to the state line. It shouldn't be too surprising because that is the more affluent part of the Chicago area but it shouldn't be too surprising that he isn't exactly a conservative either.

post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 08:12 AM
Time Served

To think anyone actually read this behemoth, understood it, and then caught up with the next 300 pages added on at 3am the day of the vote..... is moronic.

They could pass dog shit wrapped up in a napkin if they wanted to right now...

We all knew it the day after the elections....

Hope everyone likes the "Change"....

post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Token Troll

Quote:
You need not worry about our Senators. From what I've heard from political analysts/commentators, this will not pass the Senate. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
You and me both.

'05 Redfire Mustang

Sponsored Links
Advertisement