N.Korea threatens to wipe the US off the map. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

N.Korea threatens to wipe the US off the map.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090624/...koreas_nuclear

SEOUL, South Korea – North Korea threatened Wednesday to wipe the United States off the map as Washington and its allies watched for signs the regime will launch a series of missiles in the coming days.
Off China's coast, a U.S. destroyer was tailing a North Korean ship suspected of transporting illicit weapons to Myanmar in what could be the first test of U.N. sanctions passed to punish the nation for an underground nuclear test last month.
The Kang Nam left the North Korean port of Nampo a week ago with the USS John S. McCain close behind. The ship, accused of transporting banned goods in the past, is believed bound for Myanmar, according to South Korean and U.S. officials.
The new U.N. Security Council resolution requires member states to seek permission to inspect suspicious cargo. North Korea has said it would consider interception a declaration of war and on Wednesday accused the U.S. of seeking to provoke another Korean War.
"If the U.S. imperialists start another war, the army and people of Korea will ... wipe out the aggressors on the globe once and for all," the official Korean Central News Agency said.
The warning came on the eve of the 59th anniversary of the start of the three-year Korean War, which ended in a truce in 1953, not a peace treaty, leaving the peninsula in state of war.
The U.S. has 28,500 troops in South Korea to protect against an outbreak of hostilities.
Tensions have been high since North Korea launched a long-range rocket in April and then conducted its second underground atomic test on May 25.
Reacting to U.N. condemnation of that test, North Korea walked away from nuclear disarmament talks and warned it would fire a long-range missile.
North Korea has banned ships from the waters off its east coast starting Thursday through July 10 for military exercises, Japan's Coast Guard said.
South Korea's Yonhap news agency reported Wednesday that the North may fire a Scud missile with a range of up to 310 miles (500 kilometers) or a short-range ground-to-ship missile with a range of 100 miles (160 kilometers) during the no-sail period.
A senior South Korean government official said the no-sail ban is believed connected to North Korean plans to fire short- or mid-range missiles. He spoke on condition of anonymity, citing department policy.
U.S. defense and counterproliferation officials in Washington said they also expected the North to launch short- to medium-range missiles. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive intelligence.
South Korea will expedite the introduction of high-tech unmanned aerial surveillance systems and "bunker-buster" bombs in response to North Korea's provocations, the Chosun Ilbo newspaper said, citing unidentified ruling party members.
Meanwhile, a flurry of diplomatic efforts were under way to try getting North Korea to return to disarmament talks.
Russia's top nuclear envoy, Alexei Borodavkin, said after meeting with his South Korean counterpart that Moscow is open to other formats for discussion since Pyongyang has pulled out of formal six-nation negotiations.
In Beijing, top U.S. and Chinese defense officials also discussed North Korea. U.S. Defense Undersecretary Michele Flournoy was heading next to Tokyo and Seoul for talks.
South Korea has proposed high-level "consultations" to discuss North Korea with the U.S., Russia, China and Japan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 08:25 AM
Banned

It's all talk they nothing that will get no where close to Hawaii or the US main land
post #3 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 08:26 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01VNMS4v View Post
It's all talk they nothing that will get no where close to Hawaii or the US main land
Engrish?

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI

post #4 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01VNMS4v View Post
prob not,but what is the almighty obama going to respond with???
If we dont do something, we are going to look like a bunch of pussies to the world..If we go in and bomb the shit out of them people will know not to fuck with us. And i mean bomb them without letting them know 3 weeks in advance thru cnn..just go there and drop a cpl million pounds of tnt everywhere..turn that shit hole into a big bowl of gook soup
post #5 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 08:33 AM
insert something aqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
Engrish?
say waa?

1991 lx 5.0

lil ol 302

Back In The Jackstand Racing Crew!
post #6 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 08:33 AM
Banned

North Korea is like a little kid with a toy gun tugging on his moms purse.

Let me break it down to show how badass our military is, and how easily we could turn NK into a smoking crater-

-Our navy is bigger than the rest of the world's combined
-We have 12 aircraft carriers, more than the rest of the world combined (the nearest nation has 2)
-We have 6 amphibious assault carriers just as good as britains carriers
-We us the m1 abrams tank, a combat vehicle so badass that most have been destroyed due to incompetence
-We USED to use the f15 eagle, a plane with over 100 kilss and ZERO losses, but some geniuses thought, "hey, this shit sucks" and designed the superior f22 raptor
-We have 18,169 airborne combat systems, NK has 1,778
-We have 14,997 airports, NK has 77
-We spend $515,400,000,000 on national defence, NK spends $5,500,000,000
-We have thousands of ICBMs that are maintained and ready to go with out any issues, NK may have enough spent fuel rods to make 2 nuclear weapons.

Heres another good break down-
http://www.cracked.com/article_17165...ship-ever.html
post #7 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 08:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90dfw View Post
If we dont do something, we are going to look like a bunch of pussies to the world..If we go in and bomb the shit out of them people will know not to fuck with us. And i mean bomb them without letting them know 3 weeks in advance thru cnn..just go there and drop a cpl million pounds of tnt everywhere..turn that shit hole into a big bowl of gook soup
The problem with bombing them is that they do have more artillery than any other nation on earth.... and Seoul being not far from the DMZ would get blown to bits at any sign of aggression by us. South Korea is a close ally of ours, and I need not remind you that we keep 30,000 troops stationed on our side of the DMZ.

Last edited by DOHCTR; 06-24-2009 at 08:43 AM.
post #8 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 08:36 AM
Out

Hmmm... it's gotta be better weather than this place. I'm in!
post #9 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post
The problem with bombing them is that they do have more artillery than any other nation on earth.... and Seoul being not far from the DMZ would get blown to bits at any sign of aggression by us. South Korea is a close ally of ours, and I need not remind you that we keep 60,000 troops stationed on our side of the DMZ.
CNN states 28,500 total in S.Korea.
Thats why we go in at night and blow that shit hole up, then send them a nice get well card that says they will get it twice as hard if anything is fired toward s.korea
post #10 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 08:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
CNN states 28,500 total in S.Korea.
Thats why we go in at night and blow that shit hole up, then send them a nice get well card that says they will get it twice as hard if anything is fired toward s.korea
Yep I ninja edited that, in the article on Cracked is says 60k though. Its not that easy, nk actually does have nearly as many troops as we do.
post #11 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Time Served

Quote:
North Korea is like a little kid with a toy gun tugging on his moms purse.

Let me break it down to show how badass our military is, and how easily we could turn NK into a smoking crater-

-Our navy is bigger than the rest of the world's combined
-We have 12 aircraft carriers, more than the rest of the world combined (the nearest nation has 2)
-We have 6 amphibious assault carriers just as good as britains carriers
-We us the m1 abrams tank, a combat vehicle so badass that most have been destroyed due to incompetence
-We USED to use the f15 eagle, a plane with over 100 kilss and ZERO losses, but some geniuses thought, "hey, this shit sucks" and designed the superior f22 raptor
-We have 18,169 airborne combat systems, NK has 1,778
-We have 14,997 airports, NK has 77
-We spend $515,400,000,000 on national defence, NK spends $5,500,000,000
-We have thousands of ICBMs that are maintained and ready to go with out any issues, NK may have enough spent fuel rods to make 2 nuclear weapons.

Heres another good break down-
http://www.cracked.com/article_17165...ship-ever.html

All of this is well and good, but the main issue we need to look at is the idea of a madman with the ability to launch 1 ICBM. We are always at a state of readiness, but in order for us to deploy our force we must first be provoked. So, in order for us to invade NK we must first be fired upon. Now, maybe with Bush at the helm he may have used the boarding of the Kang Nam and the issue of war from NK as the smoking gun to invade, but with Obama, we will have to be fired upon in order for him to take action . So, American lives will HAVE to be lost in order for Obama to take any action what so ever. This is truly a sad time for our country
post #12 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Yep I ninja edited that, in the article on Cracked is says 60k though. Its not that easy, nk actually does have nearly as many troops as we do.
i do know that they have a large army..but i think they have shitty old soviet era equip..

then again maybe they are hoping we will go over there and bomb them , they know we will just come back and rebuild it all bigger and better for free.
post #13 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangpete4.6 View Post
All of this is well and good, but the main issue we need to look at is the idea of a madman with the ability to launch 1 ICBM. We are always at a state of readiness, but in order for us to deploy our force we must first be provoked. So, in order for us to invade NK we must first be fired upon. Now, maybe with Bush at the helm he may have used the boarding of the Kang Nam and the issue of war from NK as the smoking gun to invade, but with Obama, we will have to be fired upon in order for him to take action . So, American lives will HAVE to be lost in order for Obama to take any action what so ever. This is truly a sad time for our country
wouldnt them firing a missle at hawaii be considered "fired upon first"?
sadly you are correct about obama.
post #14 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 09:03 AM
Lifer

Maybe we should just talk with them and they will see the error of their ways.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #15 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Maybe we should just talk with them and they will see the error of their ways.
True..Maybe obama will send them a nice fruit basket with a lovely hallmark card.

notice how I never cap obama's name??? Its done on purpose.
post #16 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Public Melt Down

Quote:
True..Maybe obama will send them a nice fruit basket with a lovely hallmark card.

http://www.ediblearrangements.com/

Lets send them one of these. I think they will like it.
post #17 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

Well aren't you just a fucking badass?
post #18 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Wolverines!!!

Am I the only one that finds it funny the US Ship was the John McCain?
post #19 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Well aren't you just a fucking badass?
Thats how I roll..I am king ding-a-ling around these parts.
post #20 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX View Post
It's named after his father or grandfather,i cant remember which.
post #21 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 09:30 AM
At least it sounds fast

Quote:

No fruit basket. It will be another IPOD with his favorite hits on it.

Why do they call it "Common Sense" when it is so rare?
post #22 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 09:47 AM
IA2

Perfect world: It's like the kid that keeps taunting the bully. Sooner or later the bully is going to grow tired of the taunts and will do something about it.

Obamas world: Keep talking and talking and trying to be diplomatic while appearing to the rest of the world as a weakass. Allow the enemy to grow more emboldened by the day.
post #23 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 10:05 AM
Blessed

I thought "Team America World Police" already took care of them?
post #24 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 10:25 AM
Lifer

Should have finished them off in the 50s.
post #25 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 10:28 AM
T-MINUS

A single, well placed bullet ripping through Kim Jong il's head would stop a lot of this nonsense.

The only problem is that our president is a bitch and 'action' is a banned word in his administration. Maybe we should have KJI ask the questions that Chuck Todd did yesterday to get Barry fired up?

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #26 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 10:28 AM
Resident Epicurean

Ror!
post #27 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 10:32 AM
Crackalack!

The short arm of the law....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX View Post
post #28 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 10:33 AM

Man, all we need is a handful of B-2's to run a night ops mission, and tah dow, end of story.
post #29 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 10:38 AM
BANNED

Why have we not bombed the shit out of them already... why do we make it look like its ok to make these threats?
post #30 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 10:41 AM
Professional Driver

Why not just let them have "accident" during one of their weapons tests? You know, the kind of accident in which their missiles detonate at ground level and wipe out their r+d facility, their capital, their bases, et al.
post #31 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangguy289 View Post
Why have we not bombed the shit out of them already... why do we make it look like its ok to make these threats?
Because China has their backs, and for the next 200+ years, China owns our asses.
post #32 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 11:29 AM
Time Served

Quote:
It's named after his father or grandfather,i cant remember which.
both.........

" dont mess with the porchdog........ he bites "
post #33 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 11:31 AM

What i don't get about our dumbass president is this. With all of the NK shit going on, how come we hear nothing about him doing ANYTHING about that, and all we hear about is the damn [email protected]?!?!
post #34 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 11:37 AM
Lifer

Or the Iran bullshit.

post #35 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzeran View Post
Or the Iran bullshit.

Exactly!! Why the hell are we even bothering with that shit?!
post #36 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
He will have the UN send them a nasty letter, Hell the whole world is looking at as pussy's now. How sad is this. This boy better grow a set soon, sooner or later hes going to have to stand for something.
post #37 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 11:52 AM
Baller

Someone's gotta get KJI to use the N word and this will all end abruptly.
post #38 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdaddy View Post
Someone's gotta get KJI to use the N word and this will all end abruptly.
post #39 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 11:55 AM
Lifer

Actually it would suck if S.Korea gets messed up. They have come a long way.

post #40 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 11:56 AM
Banned

Quote:

I use his middle name osama and NEVER refer to him as president.
post #41 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 11:59 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by sig239 View Post
I use his middle name osama and NEVER refer to him as president.
His middle name is hussein
post #42 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 12:24 PM

When you say N word do you mean "not 'merican"?
post #43 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 12:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzeran View Post
Actually it would suck if S.Korea gets messed up. They have come a long way.
You mean they have a nice little economy going since we've been their defense from a N Korean invasion for 55ish years? Yeah, sure. I bet we'd be doing real well if someone was funding our military too.
post #44 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090624/...koreas_nuclear

SEOUL, South Korea – North Korea threatened Wednesday to wipe the United States off the map as Washington and its allies watched for signs the regime will launch a series of missiles in the coming days.
Off China's coast, a U.S. destroyer was tailing a North Korean ship suspected of transporting illicit weapons to Myanmar in what could be the first test of U.N. sanctions passed to punish the nation for an underground nuclear test last month.
The Kang Nam left the North Korean port of Nampo a week ago with the USS John S. McCain close behind. The ship, accused of transporting banned goods in the past, is believed bound for Myanmar, according to South Korean and U.S. officials.
The new U.N. Security Council resolution requires member states to seek permission to inspect suspicious cargo. North Korea has said it would consider interception a declaration of war and on Wednesday accused the U.S. of seeking to provoke another Korean War.
"If the U.S. imperialists start another war, the army and people of Korea will ... wipe out the aggressors on the globe once and for all," the official Korean Central News Agency said.
The warning came on the eve of the 59th anniversary of the start of the three-year Korean War, which ended in a truce in 1953, not a peace treaty, leaving the peninsula in state of war.
The U.S. has 28,500 troops in South Korea to protect against an outbreak of hostilities.
Tensions have been high since North Korea launched a long-range rocket in April and then conducted its second underground atomic test on May 25.
Reacting to U.N. condemnation of that test, North Korea walked away from nuclear disarmament talks and warned it would fire a long-range missile.
North Korea has banned ships from the waters off its east coast starting Thursday through July 10 for military exercises, Japan's Coast Guard said.
South Korea's Yonhap news agency reported Wednesday that the North may fire a Scud missile with a range of up to 310 miles (500 kilometers) or a short-range ground-to-ship missile with a range of 100 miles (160 kilometers) during the no-sail period.
A senior South Korean government official said the no-sail ban is believed connected to North Korean plans to fire short- or mid-range missiles. He spoke on condition of anonymity, citing department policy.
U.S. defense and counterproliferation officials in Washington said they also expected the North to launch short- to medium-range missiles. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive intelligence.
South Korea will expedite the introduction of high-tech unmanned aerial surveillance systems and "bunker-buster" bombs in response to North Korea's provocations, the Chosun Ilbo newspaper said, citing unidentified ruling party members.
Meanwhile, a flurry of diplomatic efforts were under way to try getting North Korea to return to disarmament talks.
Russia's top nuclear envoy, Alexei Borodavkin, said after meeting with his South Korean counterpart that Moscow is open to other formats for discussion since Pyongyang has pulled out of formal six-nation negotiations.
In Beijing, top U.S. and Chinese defense officials also discussed North Korea. U.S. Defense Undersecretary Michele Flournoy was heading next to Tokyo and Seoul for talks.
South Korea has proposed high-level "consultations" to discuss North Korea with the U.S., Russia, China and Japan.

thats just the navy and part of the air force now lets talk about the real weapon that gets shit done the U.S. MARINE CORPS!!!!!!!!!! we also have a nice lil stock pile to wipp that ass we just need a ride from our navy brothers ooooooooo and not to mention it does not take a act of congress to send the marines just the prez
post #45 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 12:58 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Because China has their backs, and for the next 200+ years, China owns our asses.
or until we as a country file the big BK and tell China 'sorry'

Eggs in one basket...

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #46 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 01:02 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:

I was thinking it was because you were lazy. Because you never post in the right forum either. Moved.
post #47 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Bullet Sponge

The problem with North Korea is anything worth while is in tunnels and bunkers. While doing road marches in Korea while at Camp Greaves, it was nothing to be wandering around and see a massive hole in a mountain where one of the facades broke showing the tunnel system. Then you call it in and it's closed.

We don't know where there tunnels are. However, if we hit it hard enough and constant enough, we may do some damage. But I don't think we'd get Kim Il.
post #48 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffrazr View Post
Well, there was a little story of some type of missile defense for Hawaii, but I would imagine that was more of a knee jerk reaction implemented by a general, but barry got the recognition.

Yeah, that was about it though. Speaking of Hawaii, thats where my brother is stationed, and i just asked him how things are over there right now since all this bs started, and he said everything is still cruising at a normal pace around there.
post #49 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 02:09 PM
Bitter Italian

N.Korea threatens to wipe the US off the map.

With what, photoshop?
post #50 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
You mean they have a nice little economy going since we've been their defense from a N Korean invasion for 55ish years? Yeah, sure. I bet we'd be doing real well if someone was funding our military too.
Hmm good point, oh well, least they are making good use of it, Kia is a decent car nowadays

Sponsored Links
Advertisement